Roomies Pt. 02

Story Info
Mike uses semester break to ponder his relationship w/ Josh.
9.2k words
4.75
3.6k
5

Part 2 of the 4 part series

Updated 03/23/2024
Created 08/11/2023
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
aekin
aekin
44 Followers

Their first semester was ending. Mike and Josh had spent almost every night together and tried hard to be together whenever possible during the day. Josh thoroughly loved this, as he was very much in love with his friend. He didn't let the fact that Mike didn't fully share the feelings he had, but he was worth waiting for. Josh also didn't let his love life outside their relationship wane. He occasionally shared the bed of a few of the girls he had met on campus. His favorite was Jamie, the first girl he had sex here at college. They had become very close friends with benefits. Jamie had continually made it clear that she didn't want to have a relationship with any one person. Jamie had been introduced to Mike at the StuLo and they had even had a threesome one weekend.

Mike, on the other hand, out of lack of time and his mixed feelings for Josh, wasn't quite as successful with the girls. He had an occasional one-night stand, but never felt a connection with anyone. He wasn't attracted to any other guys, either. As a sports science major, he had plenty of opportunities to get to know other guys, especially in the locker rooms, but he always felt ambivalent around them. He watched as other guys formed bonds, sexual and platonic, but he just didn't feel anything.

Mike and Josh had decided to go home for the winter/holiday break. Mike talked with Josh as they were making their plans for the break. Mike had said he felt the need for a break in their relationship. Josh was a little shocked but understood. Josh agreed to keep his distance unless he was called for. Mike promised that he would make sure they saw each other frequently but not for sex, necessarily.

Finals week turned out to be hell for Mike. He had exams nearly every day. He would study late into the night and then leave at first light. Josh's week was not nearly as tough, having only taken Gen Ed classes his first semester. He still hadn't decided on a major. This was something he hoped to resolve while on break.

Because of Mike's schedule, they hadn't slept together all week. Josh hooked up with Jamie one last time before the break. They said their goodbyes and promised to keep in touch.

When Josh came home the next morning, he found Mike asleep at his desk. Mike woke with a start, looked at the clock and swore. He grabbed a towel, ran to the shower then changed into street clothes. He kissed Josh and ran out the door. Josh sat on the bed and sighed. Could he really do without Mike for a month? He was having trouble with just a week. He pulled off his clothes and laid back on his bed. He played with his dick, slowly, thinking about his night with Jamie and what he wanted to do with Mike. It wasn't long until he felt his build. He stroked hard and fast. Minutes later he thrust his hips up and spewed hard, come landing on his chest then his belly and finally dripping down his softening member. He licked his fingers and scraped himself clean, sucking his seed from his hands. He got up, grabbed his robe and towel, and headed for the shower.

Mike didn't have exams on the last two days of the semester. Josh had finished his exams the day before. Mike had shared Josh's bed both nights and they sucked and stroked each other until empty and sated. Josh tried to remember that they would be taking a break. He tried to keep his feelings for his lover at the bare minimum. His heart was breaking, but he knew he could endure and hoped that the break would bring them closer.

They cleaned up their dorm room. They would be returning to it next semester, so they didn't have to take everything down and put them away. In the end, Josh had one bag to take with him. Mike on the other hand had three. Josh laughed but helped his friend down to the taxi that was taking them to the bus depot.

They had a four-hour bus ride to their hometown. They dozed, laughed, and talked. When they finally reached their destination, Josh pulled his lover into a private alcove. He attacked Mike's lips and held him tight. Mike was reluctant at first, but softened and held his lover. When they broke Josh's eyes were wet, but he held the tears back.

"Mike, I love you. You know that. I know that you don't love me the way I love you, and I respect that. But this 'break' (air quotes) is going to be hard for me. I love you." He kissed Mike again briefly and left him standing there. When Mike left the alcove, Josh was nowhere in sight. Mike felt bad. He didn't realize how much he just might miss Josh. Mike saw his dad waiting for him on the curb outside the depot and went to him.

The ride home was quiet. Mike's dad tried to ask about the finals. Mike answered as best he could, but he didn't really feel like talking. His dad asked if he was feeling alright. Dad said that he had seen Josh running off toward town and was surprised he didn't wait for a ride. This just made Mike feel worse. It really wasn't that far to Josh's house, but he felt guilty.

When Mike and his dad got home, Mike was mobbed by, in order, his mother, his sister, Jenny, and three of his female friends his mother had decided needed to be their when her very eligible son came home. His mother started suggesting that they all remove themselves to the back garden, but Mike said that he was tired and just wanted to rest. He said goodbye to the friends and had his sister and dad help him with his luggage. They lugged the bags up to what was now the spare bedroom. Mike had taken most of his stuff with him, so his mother had turned it into a spare bedroom for guests. The room still had his queen size bed, a dresser, and a desk, but that was about it. It even smelled different. He unpacked his bags and went down to the kitchen.

His dad was sitting at the table, reading his newspaper, and drinking a beer. He looked up from the paper and smiled at Mike.

"Your Mom and sister went to get a couple of things for tonight's dinner. Your mom is hoping, translation strongly suggesting, that you be home tonight."

Mike chuckled, grabbed a soda from the fridge, and sat down next to his dad. "I hadn't planned on going anywhere." Dad returned to his paper and Mike sat quietly. When his dad had finished the section he was reading, he put the paper down and looked at Mike.

"Is everything okay with you and Josh? It's not like him to run off like that," Dad said with concern.

"Ya, ya, everything is great," Mike started, but then he changed his expression. "Actually, Dad, things have been really great this semester with Josh. He and I got really close. So close that we shared a bed nearly every night." Mike paused to see how his father would react. Dad didn't seem fazed at all.

Dad nodded and then looked his son straight in the eye. "Mike, my dear son, I am happy you have found someone to be with. I would be dishonest if I said that it doesn't shock me a little, but then again, I am not really surprised. I thought that Josh might be gay. You, I didn't think you were. Having said that, I think you must make your own decisions in your life and if this is what you choose, I will support and love you."

Mike got tears in his eyes. He had never heard his dad speak such kind and loving words to him. It made him want to jump up, run to Josh and embrace him fully with his love. However, there was still that nagging thought at the back of his mind that made him doubt what he wanted.

"Thank you, Dad. Honestly, I don't know what I want in my love life. I do feel for Josh, but not like he feels for me. I decided I needed a break during the holidays to get my feelings for him in order. Hell, I don't know...."

Dad looked at him sympathetically. He put his hand on Mike's arm to reassure him. "Mike, do you love Josh? I mean romantically?"

Mike had thought long and hard about this lately. "I remember in a high school psychology class," he said after a moment, "we discussed the different kinds of love. I feel like I have Storge or familiar love for Josh, but we have moved quickly through Ludus, playful or flirting love. He is in Eros, romantic love hoping to have Pragma or enduring love with me."

Dad nodded in understanding and waited.

"I feel strongly for Josh, "Mike continued. "I just can't get over some of the stigma that comes with that type of relationship. Josh told me once that he doesn't "give a flying flock of fucking ferrets (sorry) what others think."

Dad laughed at Josh's remarks. "Why do you feel that you can't handle the stigma?"

"Dad, I'm a sports major. I will be working with men all the time. I don't want them to feel uncomfortable around me."

"Are you attracted to other men?"

Again, Mike stopped and thought. He remembered his thoughts in the locker rooms. "You know, I was thinking about that a while back. I see naked men all the time, but I have never really felt any attraction to them. I will occasionally think, oh, that guy's dick is big or that guys built. But I am never turned on by them. On the other hand, when I am with Josh, dressed or naked, I feel very attracted to him. I want him."

Dad smiled and nodded again. "I think your love analysis is very close to what you feel. Now as far as working around other men is concerned, I would have to agree with Josh. You shouldn't give a flying flock of fucking ferrets either."

Mike had only heard his dad use vulgarities on maybe a handful of occasions, usually if mad.

"So, what are you going to do?" Dad said with a more serious tone.

I shrugged. "That's one of my goals this break. To sort out my feelings for him."

Dad nodded again. "You'll do what's best."

Just then Mike's mom and sister came in with several bags each. Mom shooed them out of the kitchen so she could get dinner started. Mike's sister grabbed a soda from the fridge, told him to grab his and then pulled him out to the back garden. They sat on the patio swing.

"How's college?" Jenny said with a smile.

"I like it. I can't say it's really fun, because I am always working on my schoolwork."

"Only schoolwork? No girlfriend?"

"No girlfriend."

"Boyfriend?" she said a little warily.

He didn't answer but smiled.

"You're gay?" she said with surprise.

"No," he said confidently.

She looked at him confused. "Are you sexually involved with a male?"

I nodded. She gasped. She then got a confused look. "How is that not gay?"

"I am not sexually involved with just a male. I still have female partners from time to time."

"And that's okay with your boyfriend?"

He nodded. "We both have our friends. As a matter of fact, my boyfriend...,"

He stopped and realized what he had just said.

His sister was waiting for him to finish. "My boyfriend has a very good friend with benefits that is female."

"So, you both are Bi?

He nodded.

"How does Josh feel about this?" she said innocently.

He must have blushed and smiled because she gasped again.

"You....and Josh?" she said incredulously.

He nodded again. She laughed. He looked at her with a hurt look.

She stopped. "I'm sorry. Is it serious? I mean are you two going to get married?"

He shrugged. "I'm not sure how I feel yet. I have enjoyed being with Josh this semester, but I am still coming to terms with this whole situation."

She nodded and put her head on his shoulder. "Well, I hope you find out what you want. Josh is cute."

He looked at his sister. She was thirteen, not long to fourteen. Her body was beginning to shape up. Her breasts were getting bigger, and her hips were widening. She had always been a beautiful girl. Now she was coming into that beauty. I told myself, I would have to keep an eye on her.

"Have you guys been dating?"

"Kinda," he said. "As I said, schoolwork has kept me really busy. Especially, the last few weeks."

"Have you had sex with him?" she said shyly.

"That is not a question a thirteen-year-old should be asking her older brother?"

She shied. He nodded. She giggled.

"Well, I hope it works out. I like Josh."

He looked at her questioningly.

"Not like that," she said, swatting his chest. "I mean he's a great guy."

She reached up and kissed him on the cheek. "I'm glad you're home. I missed you. Not a lot, mind you, I love being the only child." It was his turn to swat her on the top of her head. She giggled and stood. She helped him up and held his hand as they walked back toward the kitchen.

"Oh," he said as they got close to the door, "I've talked to dad about this, but don't say anything to mom. I will talk with her when I can."

She nodded and went in as he held the door open.

Mom called for dinner a little later and they all convened in the dining room. Mom had gone all out with dinner. She had broiled steaks, mashed potatoes, and glazed carrots. She had lit two candles on the table that had been set as if a guest was visiting. She kissed the top of his head as she passed to take her seat.

"Mike, I am glad you're home. I have missed you," Mom said with a sad smile. He nodded and smiled back. "So," Mom continued, "how's college?"

He had just taken a big bite of potatoes. He tried to smile and nod his head.

He saw his sister get a mischievous smile on her face. He shook his head slowly and looked sternly at him. She smiled more and turned to their mother.

"Ask him about his love life," she said with a smile.

Dad cleared his throat and tried to clear his mouth of food to rebuke her, but he choked instead. Mike still had food in his mouth, unable to swallow now.

Mom turned to Mike and got an excited look on her face. "Do you have a girlfriend?"

Mike scowled at his sister and forced the potatoes down his throat. He sipped some water and scowled again.

"Well, I was hoping to be able to talk to you later. I should have known 'someone' (he kicked at his sister under the table) can't keep her mouth shut."

Mom looked even more excited. Dad finally cleared his mouth. "Maybe we should wait to talk about this after dinner."

Mom looked confused. "What's the matter, did you get someone pregnant?"

Dad, Mike, and Jenny stared at each other and then burst out laughing. Mom looked even more confused. She stared at each one in turn then settled on Mike.

"Sorry, Mom," he said with a smile. "No, I have not made anyone pregnant. I am much too careful to do that."

"Good," she said almost sternly.

"Well," Mike continued. "I have a friend that I am very close to. Very close to."

Mom nodded in understanding. "Well, who is she?"

Mike looked at his sister and dad then back to mom. "Well, you know the person already."

Mom stopped and thought for a minute. "I don't know of any of your female friends that go to your college."

He again looked around the table. Dad was getting serious as if he were trying to will her to understand. Jenny was bursting to say something but held her tongue.

"Mom, my friend isn't a female."

She stared at him, blinking her eyes. Her face then softened with understanding. She said "Oh."

Mike looked at Dad and Dad nodded encouragement.

"Mom, I am very close with Josh. I mean he and I have been involved with each other the entire semester."

She nodded and still looked a little shocked. She then smiled and took Mike by the hand.

"Mike, dear, I think that is wonderful. Why isn't Josh here with you then?"

"Well," he looked to Dad again, then back to Mom, "I am not really sure how far I want my relationship with Josh to go. Josh is very much in love with me. I, however, am not sure I feel the same. I am taking the holiday as a break from Josh to sort out my feelings."

Mom nodded but was still a little shell-shocked. She patted Mike's hand and went back to her dinner. "Let's eat, it's getting cold."

The next morning made him feel like he had never left. His sister was already in the bathroom when he got up and pretended not to notice his knocking on the door. He went downstairs to wait. His mother was down in the kitchen, cooking a weekend breakfast. Dad was sitting at the table with his morning paper and coffee. Mike grabbed a cup and filled it from the coffee pot, added creamer and sugar, and sat down at the table. Dad looked over his paper and smiled then went back to reading. Mike sipped his coffee and glanced at the paper facing him.

Mike's thoughts turned to the family discussion the night before. He was happy that his family supported him in his decisions, but that didn't help clarify how he felt for Josh. He needed to talk with someone who knew him better than he knew himself, other than Josh. Chloe. How had he forgotten about his bestest friend (her words) in the whole wide world? He sent her a text.

Moments later, his sister bounced down the stairs. He growled 'finally' at her and headed up. She stuck her tongue out at him. Mike relieved himself and cleaned up. He then went back down to the kitchen. Mom was serving breakfast: French toast with strawberries, ham steaks and eggs.

After breakfast, Mike headed out to check out things. His dad let him use his mother's car, as she would be spending the day with Dad and Mike's sister. As he started the car, his phone chimed. Chloe responding with lots of smile emojis. She told him to come right over. He smiled and backed out of the drive and headed toward her house.

Ten minutes and he was there. She came running out of the house and nearly tackled him, grabbing hold of him around his neck and holding him tight. He returned the embrace and held her just as tight. God, he had missed her, but come to think of it he hadn't really thought about her. He felt guilty. She released him and looked at his face.

"What's the matter?" she said with concern.

Mike realized he hadn't controlled himself and was now looking guilty.

"I haven't contacted you in like two months. Honestly, I didn't even think of you until this morning."

She smiled and took his hand. "Mike, I know that our relationship is going to mean spending a lot of time away from each other. That's one of the reasons we felt we couldn't be together, romantically. We didn't want to make each other feel guilty for not being there. I'll have to be honest. Until your text, I hadn't thought about you in a while either. I've been busy at work and with my boyfriend." She said that last bit a little nervously.

He looked at her with surprise. "Do I know him?"

She shook her head. "No, he isn't from around here. He moved in a couple of months ago. We met at a friend's party. We hit it off right away."

"Great," I said. "Is he the one?"

She shrugged. "Don't know, yet. It is getting serious though."

She led him through the house to her bedroom. He spent almost as much time here as he had at Josh's. She pushed him onto the bed and lay down beside him, propping herself on one arm.

"How's your love life?" she said looking into his face.

"That's one of things I need to talk to you about."

She waited while he gathered his words.

"I am involved with someone, at school."

"You and Josh are an item," she interpreted.

He sat up quickly and looked at her with surprise. "Did Josh say something to you?"

She sat up with him and shook her head. "I have known about Josh's feelings for you for some time now. He confided in me before leaving with you for school. Don't be mad. He needed some advice, I helped him."

I stared at the floor.

"You are not sure how you feel about your relationship with Josh," she said, putting her arm around his shoulder.

"God, you're scary," I said.

"Ya, I know," she said back with a lap. "Listen, hun, this must be your choice. Don't let anyone pressure you either way. Have you told your family?"

I nodded. "Last night at dinner. They were cool with it."

She nodded. "Good. Now, I would imagine that you are both Bi?"

"There you go, scary again."

"I just know you both really well. You enjoy sex with females, that I know as a fact."

He chuckled. "Ya, you sure are fun."

aekin
aekin
44 Followers