All Comments on 'Rosie's Ballad'

by DepravityVirth

Sort by:
  • 22 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

This story is really fucked up............ Extremely deranged and hope you as the author just made this all up and have no correlation to the main character as part of your life. If so, you would need some serious counseling and maybe need to be committed to an institution.

cursrahcursrahover 1 year ago

i enjoyed it. just waiting for more of this story

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Got tired of reading a useless story, not interested in the 2nd part.wasted my time.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

this is insanely well written, as interesting as the topics are. i definitely didnt expect a full on novella type story but i was highly enthralled. definitely interested in reading more

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Vielen Dank für diese anrührende Geschichte.

Ich bin sehr gespannt auf die Fortsetzung !!!

👍

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

I hope you figure it out. I enjoyed the story. Please continue.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

The person who posted anonymous 16 hrs ago was an idiot. It doesn't matter if it was true or not and if he or she needs help it would be up to them to get it. Not some dumb ass who thinks to me that they are better than the author. It was a great story. And if you don't like it get the hell off the app or at least quit reading the incest topic stories

Ilovetophoto68Ilovetophoto68over 1 year ago

i LOVED THE STORY. Please write more about them.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

I'm not sure who is more woman here Tom or his sisters.2 hot women wanting you,you man up and figure out how to make it work.Why even have the parents in the story.Useless characters.

Sex_CrazedSex_Crazedover 1 year ago

You must continue.

Valekjames83Valekjames83over 1 year ago

Great story, love all the chars, very much so awaiting a follow up, so I hope you decide to keep it going because I'm sure a lot of readers will want to know how the story continues to unfold.

EnochlesisEnochlesisover 1 year ago

Extremely well done and carefully considered characters. Most stories that lean into the guilt aspect come off melodramatic, but this feels much more realistic and centered. There's a lot more of this story to tell and I wish you the best of luck in completing it.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Very good! Keep going! BYW, I’m an author and I don’t praise a lot. You did good.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

I enjoyed the way the story was written very much, but have some observations as to the storyline.

1. Tommy got mad at Liv when she first kissed him, and then she gave him a blowjob while he was stoned. It wasn't his fault even though he blamed himself.

2. When he wakes the next day he feels guiltier, yet to this point he hasn't really done anything. Liv has. It's not until she puts him on the spot about how she feels, that he suddenly changes his mind. He makes a conscious decision to let Hannah know what's happening, but wanting to break up with her is a strange way of doing things.

3. He is only guilty of doing anything wrong when he seduced her pizza night.

4.IMHO Tommy is an insecure and immature little shit who whines all the time. Dani, btw, has a right to rage.

5. What does a virgin need with an IUD? An interesting twist would be that she is lying and her whole purpose is to have her brother's baby.

6. After being confronted by Dani, Tommy goes and has sex twice more with his sister...in the same house as Dani...and he takes a chance being found out by his mother, who, if the bad blood is any indication, would have him arrested. BTW, no real indication of why there is bad blood.

Those things and others create an unbelievable set of scenarios. I am giving 4* for this. If you wanted to complete your next chapter and clear up some of this, it would be nice.

ScottishTexanScottishTexanover 1 year ago

---->I would obviously appreciate feedback - if you liked it, let me know; if you hated it, let me know why

=

Okay. Sorry, but I didn't like it. Nah...I FREAKING LOVED IT!!!! 👏 👏 👏 👏 👏

There's only a few things that bother me. The first thing is that I wish that you would have revealed the reason why Tommy hates his mother so damn much before you ended this installment. I really want to know what happened there. Did he catch her fucking someone other than his dad/her husband? Did she try to seduce him? Maybe she trash talked Hannah for sleeping with him. 🤔 Since this is your only submission, I'm troubled by the thought that you might never finish the story and leave me hanging.

That's the second thing that bothers me. So many times I have been drawn in by a fantastic story like yours only to discover that the author disappeared without ever posting an ending. That's every bit as disturbing as making love but having to pull out before you cum inside of your girlfriend. 😏

The third thing that I'm troubled about is the title of 'Rosie's Ballad' Rosie is an infant and so far she is a very minor character who has no importance to a story that is primarily about Tommy, Hannah, and Olivia. I'm praying that you don't do anything stupid like killing off Dani so that Tommy and Olivia will adopt her to create a family. I don’t want that kind of tragedy in a story that already has enough drama in it. Tommy struggling with his guilt is drama enough for me.

I'm really hoping that Hannah can have a long serious chat with Olivia and that the two of them agree to loving Tommy together and sharing him. I love a good Girlfriend/Brother/Sister love triangle story. I'm currently working on a story where the Brother's girlfriend starts hanging out with his sister and they become best friends forever. They're so close that the girlfriend decides that she wants to convince her boyfriend to sleep with his sister and they stay together for the rest of their lives.

I'm adding this to my reading list and following you so that I can quickly catch the next part when you submit it. 5/5

DepravityVirthDepravityVirthover 1 year agoAuthor

I would like to thank the first thirteen comments for their feedback, I appreciate the love and I’m afraid I cannot gleam any legitimate criticism from the two negative ones, but I appreciate that you took the time to to say something, it means a lot to me.

DepravityVirthDepravityVirthover 1 year agoAuthor

Thank you for your feedback, I really appreciate that you took the time to say something x

1. In that moment Tommy is mostly mad at himself enjoying it, but he takes it out on himself by being angry that he didn’t stop her, which he could have done with little issue. Cheating while drunk is still cheating, which is what he’s upset about.

2. He doesn’t make a conscious decision to let Hannah know, he just rejects her advances and while he stumbles trying to think of what to say to her she jumps to a conclusion that she happens to be right about, because they’ve been in a relationship since they were practically kids and she knows him very well.

3. I disagree, and the point is very explicit that he also disagrees. Whether you believe he did anything “wrong” by cheating on his girlfriend he still is well within his rights to feel bad about it.

4. You are entitled to both of those opinions, and I agree wholeheartedly that Dani has every right to be angry. She does, and in the bits of the second half that Are already written I lean quite heavily into Dani’s anger, not to spoil anything.

5. I’m not 100% certain, it seemed convenient when I wrote it because she didn’t have to take any pills in the morning (she’s sleeping next to Tommy every night, so taking birth control would have clued him in and there’s a scene in the second half that wouldn’t have worked if he had known prior, same thing with the implant). I also had 3 friends in school who got IUD’s when they were still virgins, and I never deigned to ask them why.

6. There are locks on the doors and they play music, which is explicitly stated. Tommy and Hannah, as well as Dani and Declan, and the Ritman’s parents have all had sex in that house and no one ever heard anyone because the walls are made of brick and not paper. It’s also not explicitly stated, but people in the Ritman household do not just randomly open doors after they knock, they wait for some variation of “yes” or “come in”; there’s a scene in this part where Dani talks at Tommy and Liv through the door after knocking because neither of them invite her in. There are locks on the doors, sure, but it’s mostly a politeness thing and it’s just how they were raised, so there was no real danger of them being caught in the act necessarily, even if someone were to hear, which they didn’t. Also the layout of the upstairs of the house has Dani’s room and their parents’ room on one side of the landing and the bathroom, Tommy’s room, and Liv’s room on the other side.

I agree with you that my plot is not entirely without holes, but you’ll have to forgive me because this was literally my first attempt at writing and it was written primarily over the course of the few weeks either side of my 18th birthday, and has only been only mildly edited now that I’m closing in on my 20th.

DepravityVirthDepravityVirthover 1 year agoAuthor

ScottishTexan I will be straightforward with you, the reason there is no real hint as to what his mother did to piss him off (and why Hannah doesn’t know either) is because all of the times it is mentioned were written before I had figured out what it was myself. I have an idea now, but I purposely left it vague enough that if I were to change my mind along the line I wouldn’t have to change very much about the early story. Also, this instalment wasn’t really “ended” as there’s roughly 8,000 more words already written, I just published what was finished and polished and clean to my eyes because I wanted to see if it was worth continuing to write it after I lost my drive with this specific nearly 2 years ago now. The general consensus appears to be that yes, it’s worth continuing.

With that I think I’ve almost answered your second worry also. I do not plan to go anywhere, I’m still actively writing but I lost my will to write for this specific project because my mind is fickle and I have lots of ideas.

Rosie’s ballad was a working title because I have a terrible habit of doing about half the work on a project without having named it, so I went through all of my unnamed projects and gave them all working titles just so I could easily navigate through the mess of folders that makes up my banks of creative works. I just ended up getting kind of attached to it (I like the world Ballad), and I never thought of anything I liked more.

Dani does not die, Liv and Tommy do not adopt Rosie. I don’t think that’s a spoiler, lol. The ending is already written, and all the characters you know remain alive.

Actually, one of the first and longest scenes I wrote that didn’t get included in this part was a conversation between Liv and Hannah that happens shortly after this part ends, but the outcome will remain secret until the release of the second part (which I promise is coming! I have 2 other projects that I’m splurging out ideas on right now, but once all that is written down I’m getting right back to work on this one!), so you’ll have to wait for that.

I wish you luck with your story and I hope you finish it, or at least get someone of it released. I hope to read it some day!

Kisses, mwah, I appreciate you x

Monagamous_NowMonagamous_Nowover 1 year ago

I liked the story, a great deal.

I love the characters!

I really wish the author had given some indication that this was 'part 1' before I read it. I would have probably waited until at least part 2 was out to invest in a story of this length.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Your sentence structure and mindless rambling made it impossible to read past the 5th sentence.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Well, the story has potential and a lot of loose ends to tie up. I hope it gets continued and things start all connecting for lack of a better way to put it. I have written more then enough to know sometimes it takes some effort and other times the writing just happens.

Some suggestions;

1 - Introduce the conversation between Liv and Hannah asap. Maybe Hannah recounts the conversation to Tommy?

2 - I think it would help the story to learn what happened between Tommy and his mother. It does seem that there is a lot of tension between all the kids and their mother at times.

3 - There seems some other background that could help clarify the story. Dani, mother-father relationship, his absence.

Regardless thank you for putting in the effort. Writing takes a lot of work. I have books I have had in process for years that have a lot of writing items that have not fully connected yet. In my head I know the connections but putting it to words in print is not always easy.

Also please don't just leave people hanging. I struggle with stories published that have a decent start that never get finished.

Marvin2017Marvin20179 months ago

Seems obvious this one wont be finished.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userDepravityVirth@DepravityVirth
Amateur Writer If you’ve come here looking for stories to have a quick wank to, you’re in the wrong spot. Follow my twitter if you can stand to be there, @DepravityVirth Check out my AO3 DepravityVirth also, though if you’re here then you can already see everything that’s on...