Routine Procedure

Story Info
A slow change gender transformation journey.
75.9k words
4.86
30.5k
55
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Introduction

Let's just say a pharmaceutical company has developed a revolutionary Hormone Replacement Therapy. Let's also say this new aged medication is designed to change a Y chromosome to an X, or an X chromosome to a Y. Now here's the kicker, the pharmaceutical company is looking for volunteers for testing. Our friend Kelvin would never get himself mixed up in something like that would he? But what if something like that got mixed up in him? How would "he", or should I say "she", deal with it?

DISCLAIMER: As the description says, this story is a slow change gender transformation journey, and a journey it is. If you're in the mood for a quickie where you down a pill or get cast with a magical spell to change into a woman and have an all out fuck fest, this may not be the bender for you.

Chapter 1

"Welcome back Kelvin, how ya feeling babe?"

I recognized my fiancee's voice as I groggily came to. I was blinded by a bright white light as I squinted my eyelids open. I rubbed at my eyes the best I could but the tubes and wires that were connected to my hands and fingers hindered my ability. Confused, I fumbled with them for a moment until my fiancee, Nicole, placed her hands on mine and said.

"Easy babe, don't pull your IV out. You've been out for a while, are you okay?"

My throat was so sore and dry. It felt like I smoked five packs of Marlboro Reds after swallowing a tablespoon of cinnamon or something. In a raspy sound, I replied.

"Yeah....yeah, I think so."

"That's good babe. Well the doctor said your surgery was successful and that pesky little organ of yours is gone for good. It won't be bothering you anymore."

Nicole handed me a cup of ice chips to help with my dry mouth, then she warned me again about pulling my IV out. She gave me a quick peck on the forehead before she left to alert the doctor that I was awake. I laid there crunching on my ice chips for a moment while I was still a little dazed and confused. The reason for being in that predicament quickly came to me as my eyes adjusted to bright hospital room.

I remembered my doctor being a very attractive looking woman. Dark hair, round ass, and a nice set of tits. I remembered catching a good look at her cleavage while she examined me because her top was fairly loose fitting. I remembered her diagnosing my condition as appendicitis and saying that an appendectomy was a routine procedure. I remembered being rolled into the operating room. I remembered the nurse placing a mask over my nose and mouth. I remembered her asking me to count down from ten to zero. I even remembered counting. "Ten, Nine, Eighhhh....." Then I was out.

Nicole walked back into my hospital room, followed by a nurse and the same doctor who performed my surgery. My fiancee stood to the side while the nurse checked my vitals. Then the doctor spoke.

"How are you feeling Kelvin. Do you remember who I am?"

"I'm okay I guess....Dr. Carlyle right? You performed my appendectomy. I could use something to drink."

"We'll get you something shortly. How's your comfort level? Are you experiencing any pain?"

"I'm okay, I've got a little bit of pain, but it's not too bad."

"Good, that's good. Can you roll over on your side?"

It was a little uncomfortable to roll over, but not nearly as uncomfortable as the doctor's finger going up my asshole. At least she had small fingers but it still felt emasculating as hell. Feeling somewhat humiliated, I sarcastically asked.

"Find what you were looking for doc?"

She chuckled along with the nurse and my fiancee, then she said.

"Your vitals look good and everything seems to be in order and healing nicely. Once you're healed up you shouldn't have any noticable scarring. We're going to keep you overnight to continue monitoring your recovery. We'll give you another round of antibiotics and as long as you have no complications, you should be able to go home tomorrow."

My first meal after having my appendix removed was chicken broth, green Jell-O, and a banana popsicle with apple juice to drink. It was far from a hearty meal of meat and potatoes that I'd usually eat, but I was assured my next meal would contain more substance as long as the liquid foods didn't cause any problems.

Nicole was acting like my own personal servant the whole time. I swear she asked if I needed anything every five minutes. It was a little annoying but she meant well. I knew she cared deeply for me so her sincerity was much appreciated. After a few hours, I noticed she was rubbing her neck to massage the soreness from it, I jokingly asked.

"Am I that much of a pain in the neck?"

Her sarcastic reply came.

"No baby, you sir, are a pain in my ass. The little waiting room couch caused the pain in my neck."

"Sorry, why don't you go home and get some rest?"

"No, it's okay, I'll be fine. I want to be here in case you need me."

"And I love you for that, but seriously, I'm feeling a lot better now. If I need anything I can click this button for a nurse. You've been here for a long time Nicole, you have to be exhausted."

"Our big comfy bed does sound nice right about now. Are you sure you're going to be okay without me?"

"I promise I'll be okay, and I promise I'll call if I need anything."

Nicole put up a few more arguments about staying, but I finally convinced her to go home and get some rest. It's not that I didn't want her there or anything, it's just that I could tell she was miserable. I didn't want her to feel the need to sleep in an uncomfortable chair in my hospital room after she just slept on an uncomfortable couch in the waiting room. That's just how she was though, she would always go above and beyond for the people she cared about. She would have slept in that little chair for two months if she needed to, just to be there for me.

I woke up late the next morning and noticed I had a roommate. I must have slept pretty damn good because I never heard anyone come in. After I managed to painfully get up and roll my IV machine into the restroom to take a leak and brush my teeth, I laid back on my bed and asked.

"Hey, I'm Kelvin. So whatcha in for?"

"Oh, um, sorry. I'm not at liberty to say."

What in the hell was that supposed to mean? I know this is terrible of me to say, but I assumed the guy probably had to have something removed from his asshole or something. A gerbil, some golf balls, anal beads, maybe a soda bottle? It was obvious the guy was gay, like flaming gay and very effeminate, so why else would he give an odd answer to a simple question unless he was embarrassed by it. Sure that sounds homophobic and I guess technically it is, but I honestly didn't have a problem with gay people. I think they deserve to live their own life the way they see fit and find happiness with whomever they choose. My reaction to his answer of not being at liberty to say why he was in the hospital had more to do with my twisted sense of humor and not because I had anything against his life style.

I was eating my breakfast, an actual meal that contained solids this time, when a new doctor and nurse walked in. I hadn't seen either of them before. They were obviously there for my roommate because they walked past my bed and straight towards his. He sat there with a nervous yet excited look when the doctor spoke to him while the nurse checked his vitals.

"Okay, so we have a patient with the birth name of Kevin Williams, correct? Do you prefer to be called by a different name?"

"Kevin is fine for now. I haven't decided on a new name yet."

As my roommate answered the doctors questions, I found it odd that our names were so similar. Me, Kelvin Williams and he, Kevin Williams. It made me wonder what his middle name was. Would they be the same or similar too? I wasn't really trying to eavesdrop or anything, but the doctor wasn't being too quiet while asking his questions, plus I was a little curious to know why Kevin was in the hospital. My curiosity only grew stronger when I heard the doctor say.

"Kevin, you have been selected to participate in Group B. Your first round of therapy is almost complete, your next round will contain the booster element."

Kevin's eyes lit up at the news that I couldn't comprehend. It looked like he was about to cry when he exclaimed.

"Thank you so much Dr. Gallagher! This is so exciting!"

As Kevin wrapped both of his hands around the doctor's hand in a show of affection, I noticed the nurse turn quickly from Kevin's IV bag and look towards me with concern in her eyes. Then she walked towards my IV bag to glance at it. Her eyes grew wide and she hurriedly walked back to the doctor. Tapping him on the shoulder, she said.

"Dr. Gallagher, could I have a moment with you?"

"Sure Vicky, is something wrong?"

"Can we discuss this matter in the hall?"

Her concern caused a bit of concern myself. My concern amplified when Dr. Gallagher stepped back into our room and glanced at our IV bags. I asked if there was a problem, but he ignored my question and hurried out of the room.

When the door opened up again, I expected one of our doctors to come in and give an explanation of what was going on. Instead, Nicole walked in and said.

"Hey babe! I'm here to bust you out!"

"Really? I can go home?"

"Not yet, but they should release you soon. I see you have a roommate."

"Yeah, but don't ask him why he's here...."

I covered the side of my mouth with my hand and loudly whispered.

"He's not at liberty to say. It's top secret."

Kevin shook his head and rolled his eyes. Nicole pursed her lips and squinted at me, then she looked towards Kevin and said.

"Please ignore my fiance, he's an ass sometimes."

After Nicole gave me a kiss, she sat her purse down on the foot of my bed and said.

"Somebody sure is in trouble out there. You should have heard one of the doctors yelling at the nurses and staff. He kept calling them "incompetent jack asses". It was pretty intense."

"Damn, I hope it doesn't have something to do with me."

"Why would it have anything to do with you?"

Before I could answer, she gave me a stare of accusation and said.

"Wait....What did you do Kelvin?"

"Nothing...I swear Nicole, I didn't do anything! The last doctor and nurse that came in seemed concerned about our IV bags, but other than that, I don't know what's going on."

Nicole started to leave the room to get some answers, but before she could, Dr. Carlyle stepped into our room along with Dr. Gallagher. Nurse Vicky also walked in with a wheelchair. She rolled the wheelchair to Kevin's bed and asked him to come with her. As Kevin and Vicky were leaving, Nicole asked.

"Is everything okay Dr. Carlyle? What's going on?"

Dr. Carlyle waited a moment until Nurse Vicky and Kevin were out of the room, then she responded.

"No, not exactly. I'm afraid there is a problem. Dr. Gallagher here will explain."

Nicole and I nervously looked to Dr. Gallagher as he tried to find the words to say.

"I'm sorry but it appears there has been a mix up in treatment between yourself and another patient. You see, your names are very similar and unfortunately the two of you received each other's medication."

I had an uneasy feeling in the pit of my stomach at the news. I was trying to process the information when Nicole angrily spoke up.

"You what!!! Are you fucking serious? So my fiance didn't receive his antibiotic? What did he get?"

Dr. Gallagher's bushy white eyebrows raised at the outburst. With his matching white hair, thin build, and thick glasses, the guy looked more like a mad scientist than a medical doctor. Dr. Carlyle looked like she was as angry as Nicole. With both my doctor and my fiancee staring daggers at Dr. Gallagher, he continued.

"Yes, that is correct, Kelvin didn't receive his antibiotic, instead he received a new hormone replacement therapy called Y2X. That treatment was intended for one of our test subjects but unfortunately, it was administered to you Kelvin."

This time Nicole stood there trying to process the information. I didn't know what any of it meant. Hormone replacement therapy? Y2X? I didn't know what to think, other than it sounded really bad, and from the looks on the two doctors faces it had to be bad. While trying to brace for the worst possible news, I asked.

"Am I going to die? What is this Y2X shit that you put in me?"

Dr. Carlyle calmed my fears by saying.

"No, no, no Kelvin, you are NOT going to die. I'll let Dr. Gallagher explain what his treatment does."

Dr. Gallagher cleared his throat, then resumed.

"Y2X is a revolutionary gender dysphoria treatment. It works as a virus that changes a persons "Y" chromosome to an "X" chromosome."

I still didn't understand what the doctor was trying to say. I really didn't know shit about chromosomes. Then Nicole shockingly said.

"Wait, are you saying what I think you're saying? Is this treatment going to spontaneously give him female attributes or something?"

My eyes bulged at her outburst. That couldn't be what he was saying, could it?"

"Well, it's not spontaneous, the transformation happens over a period of time. With the treatment he received, his transformation should be completed in nine to twelve months. At that time, medically speaking, he will be considered a biological female."

This time it was my turn for an outburst.

"What the fuck!! A biological female?"

Then Nicole added in a very pissed off tone.

"We're getting married in ten months!! And you are telling me that my fiance will be a female at that time? How could this hospital be so careless? Do you know where I work? I'm a lawyer at "Franklin, Gibson, and Franklin"! Yeah... The same one you see on all of the T.V. commercials."

Dr. Carlyle tried to calm the situation by saying.

"I completely understand you are angry, as you should be. I also understand that a lawsuit will be inevitable, as it should be, but for now, I think we need to focus on what's best for Kelvin and discuss his options."

Nicole responded.

"Options? Do we even have options? Please tell me this isn't permanent."

Dr. Gallagher answered.

"This treatment is designed to be permanent, but, we also have a similar treatment, X2Y, it works in the opposite manner by changing a genetic female into a genetic male."

Nicole responded again.

"Great, let's pump some of that shit in him to stop your first fuck up from happening."

"That would be far too dangerous. You see, our tests have shown a high possibility of severe side effects, such as deformities or even death. No, I'm sorry but we will have to wait until his transformation is complete before administering X2Y."

Everything was just too crazy for me to comprehend. How could a medication possibly exist that could swap a person's gender on a biological level? And why in the hell did I get mixed up in this shit? I laid there in silence as the three of them discussed my options. Nicole responded to Dr. Gallagher's news about having to wait until I was a woman to begin the process of turning me back into a man.

"So it'll take nine to twelve months for him to become a woman, then another nine to twelve months to become a man again? That's two years of our lives upended over your stupid little mistake?"

Dr. Carlyle returned to the conversation by asking.

"What about the booster element Dr. Gallagher? Wouldn't that speed things along?"

"Yes, and I think it will be our best course of action. According to our testing, adding the booster element can dramatically increase the transformation process. Kelvin can transition into a biological female in as little as four to six months. Then we can administer the X2Y along with the booster element to speed his transition back into manhood."

Nicole asked.

"So if X2Y is a virus, what's in the booster element?"

"The booster element is a precise combination of traditional hormone replacement therapy medication. For Y2X patients, the booster element is mostly made up of a testosterone blocker, along with estrogen and progesterone."

Nicole looked down to me and asked.

"What do you think Kelvin? You've been awful quite."

I busted out in laughter, then said.

"You all really had me going there for a minute. This is one of those prank TV shows isn't it? Where are the cameras?"

Dr. Carlyle didn't break a smile. With a serious tone, she replied.

"I'm sorry Kelvin, but this is no joke. What we are telling you is the truth. Dr. Gallagher and I are going to give you and Nicole some privacy to talk this over. We'll be right outside the hall if you have anymore questions."

Nicole plopped down onto the bed and wrapped her arms around me as the two doctors left the room. She cried into my shoulder as I patted her back to try calming her down.

"It's okay Nicole. We'll get through this."

"But how?"

"Together. As long as we have each other, we can make it through anything...right?"

She squeezed me tighter, then released her grip and gave me a kiss. Then she said.

"I know you're right, but it's going to be tough."

"Yeah, it might get tough at times, but if things get really hard I'll let you play with my titties."

She slapped me on the arm and fought back her giggles as she said.

"How can you make jokes at a time like this?"

"I don't know, just trying to ease the tension. Besides, once this is all over, we'll be millionaires, right?

"Damn right we'll be millionaires. We are going to sue the shit out of this hospital. They are going to regret turning my fiance into a woman and making us move our wedding date."

"Maybe if I get the booster element we won't have to change the wedding date."

"You know that means you'll become a woman faster right? Are you sure that's what you want?"

"I don't want any of it, but if I don't have a choice in the matter, I'd rather get it over with sooner than later. Rip the band-aid off."

We talked a little more about our predicament, then we invited the doctors back in to ask a few more questions. They explained that the treatment I received was a "lab created virus". To sum it all up, the virus was designed to attack a person's system and trick their body's DNA. Within moments of exposure, cells and tissue in an infected person starts to regenerate into their opposite gender. This process continues until every cell has been regenerated. They also assured us that it was in no way contagious and that a person could only be infected intravenously.

Dr. Gallagher advised me to join with "Test Group B" so that they could continue monitoring my transformation. Dr. Carlyle agreed so that my health could be monitored as well as my bodily changes. The money that came along with joining the group was also a nice incentive but Nicole made sure that a clause was written in the contract that stated I didn't give up my right to sue by accepting the money.

Not long after, I was in my hospital bed watching the booster element in the IV bag as it emptied into my arm. Just seeing it and thinking about what it was going to do to me gave me a raging hard on for some reason. I knew I would probably make for an ugly woman, but having tits and a pussy for a few months was actually intriguing. Every guy has always wondered what the female orgasm was like, right? I might actually get to be one of the only people on earth to actually know the difference.

Unfortunately I was informed that I would have to remain in the hospital for a few more days. Dr. Carlyle and Dr. Gallagher wanted to be sure that the gender transformation medication didn't interfere or react to my surgery, antibiotics, or pain killers.

Nicole stayed with me the first night and wouldn't leave my side. She asked every nurse that came into my room a hundred questions. She was bound and determined to make sure I got the proper care and the proper medications this time. Thankfully Dr. Carlyle was always there to explain everything. She said I was her patient and that she felt terrible about what happened. She also eased our fears by saying she wasn't leaving the hospital until I did. No one was allowed in my room without her supervision.