All Comments on 'Royal Archivist'

by shakna

Sort by:
  • 13 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

This was fun! I was rolling every time Millie sent the orc to the tangles.🤣 I think Toofy has just made an archive power couple. Both will ravenously read, learn and catalog everything. Lawrence will also have her back if a certain orc decided to punish her on his own. As well as any potential future threat from whatever spying and cruelty she was uncovering. She may not notice others approach when she's so focused, but he does. He likely has much more harsh abilities than just putting people into an abyss like darkness. He may be a key to accessing those magical tunnels and realms mentioned here. Saving others from such cruelty may also be a motivation. He may also be able to help Millie strengthen her own magic. So that she could make her portal easily while holding it for much longer. Or opening tunnels rapid fire. Sending one person to one place and then immediately sending another to a third place. A skill that can be defensive as well as offensive. She would just need to be able to picture a place without first having been there. A good written description in her archives might let her do that. If she is able to open multiple portals at once, she could be of great assistance to Toofy if a battle has to occur in that magic realm or tunnels. She could open multiple ways in and let royal troops with their magic in to battle. Lots of interesting possibilities... 🤓

trite_readertrite_readerover 2 years ago
What A Brilliant Idea - Royal Archivist

Aaaaannnd you've introduced ANOTHER pouncing kitty...

Love it.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Every time you write additions to the toofyverse I fall in love with this whole world of characters all over again, and Millie is so adorable, I hope she has a long happy life with Lawrence.

mharrisonmharrisonover 2 years ago

Wow, yet another new and fantastic story !!!

Great stuff - is this likely to continue ? certainly seems to have potential to.

Many thanks...

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

With the 24th installment of "Toofy" I was saddened that was the end, thank you for giving us something to look forward to and continuing our favorite saga!

redbow_kimeeredbow_kimeeover 2 years ago

Millie is just so adorable. It amuses me how she's so afraid of the royal family, even though most of them like her and appreciate her work as their archivist. Princess Saia is also... not exactly what I expected. Like not surprised at who she's become. Of the (now) royal family, she was always the least interested in politics, and it does still show.

Can nekan women in the toofyverse take female masters? We saw Salmon take Reenhalla as a girlfriend, but not a master. Also, will we see any more cat boys? Daen appeared early on in 'Toofy', but was killed off fairly quickly.

shaknashaknaover 2 years agoAuthor

"Royal Archivist" is a oneshot. However, Millie & Lawrence will return in "A Very Toofy Christmas".

I still need to continue and bring "Drachne" to a conclusion first, but "Royal Archivist" is a bridge between "Toofy" and a new incoming chaptered story, "Tauli", which will strongly feature Toofy's kittens, Artema and Ink.

Have no fear. For me, the Toofyverse is a gift that keeps on giving. Whether with these playful oneshots, or the longer dramatic tales.

shaknashaknaover 2 years agoAuthor

@redbow_kimee

> Can nekan women in the toofyverse take female masters?...Also, will we see any more cat boys?

Ah, the answer to these two questions is sort of the same. Writing lesbian scenes with Toofy was exhausting. I've avoided a female master, and anymore catboys, for the same reason - the noun usage of the neko speaking pattern makes it frustrating to write them. There were a couple of catboys at the end of Toofy who may make a return, later. But there's no actual cultural reason these things haven't happened. Just my literary skills need a bit of polishing first... Maybe in a oneshot, first.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

redbow_kimee,

If you remember there was a scene at the end, rather like a post credit scene, with two neko men discussing Toofy's 'no more bells' declaration. They didn't know who Toofy was but they had a pretty accurate guess at what she was. At least originally. Maybe their eventual arrival and likely confrontation with Toofy will be another book or a flashback story found and read in the archives by Millie or Lawrence? Maybe in addition to the Rattan believed being tortured and experimented on in the magic tunnels, there are neko males enduring it as well? I wonder how many Maly and Inny have been killed experimenting on them? All the Rattan have likely had some things done but taking the top one or two and focusing the most extreme on them still leaves a large pool to draw the next Maly and/or Inny. Female master is an interesting question. It may be a 'no' if Toofy is an example or even Millie. Their Masters gets to be the only one let inside them to breed after the neko makes her decision. Under the previous emperor, enslaved neko may have been made to breed or copulate on command but under Toofy that would have stopped. We are a generation later now and natural instincts may have reestablished themselves in neko females and culture.

HargaHargaover 2 years ago

I can't wait for thier return. Well done.

.

Cheers

ScottishTexanScottishTexanover 2 years ago

Just like the anonymous person who made the first comment, I was rolling with laughter every time Millie dropped Lord Gaarn into The Tangles. I've always enjoyed your off beat humor. Thank you!

CreepythinmanCreepythinmanabout 2 years ago

I love the stories that take place in the Toofyverse. I love this story, too. Too bad it's a one-shot. Would love to see & read more about the character development between Millie and Lawrence. Thank you for opening my eyes into your wonderful universe!

shaknashaknaabout 2 years agoAuthor

@Creepythinman - You can see more of Millie and Lorry! They pop up in "A Very Toofy Christmas", and they've got a starring role in Tauli, the sequel to Toofy. I couldn't quite let go of their story.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
usershakna@shakna
My favourite writings are my fantasy-world settings, my followers adore my forbidden romances. There's a few things to find here. It's always fun to hear from a fan, and who knows... You might inspire me to write something. I try and respond to every email, but you may have t...