All Comments on 'Royal Sentence'

by MProst

Sort by:
  • 24 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Great beginning!

More. Soon. Please.

notusuallyshynotusuallyshyabout 7 years ago
Great potential

Fantastic start, but so short it's hard to comment any further

joy1960joy1960about 7 years ago

the ending stinks

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
More please!

Hope you continue!

MProstMProstabout 7 years agoAuthor
Author's note

Hi and thanks for your comments!

Don't hesitate to tell me what I could improve, I am new to that genre but used to write on social medias, so critics don't upset me, unless of course they are just bullying.

I'm sorry this seems so short, it is a standard length for a serial or novel, which is what I usually write. The next installment should be out soon, depending of how long it will take for the site to approve it. I cross post to my alias profile (same name) on another very popular site, so if you want to read the rest earlier you can get it there (can't put the link as per Literotica rules). I have also contacted an editor, which might further slow the process.

I'm planning for one/two chapters a week depending on my work schedule. I have not yet decided how long the story will be, my usual being 80 to 100K words, but this is for fun so I might make it shorter.

And for historical stories fans, I am a sucker for accurate background and Louis XIII's reign is a period I know inside out, so you shouldn't be disappointed.

I hope you'll enjoy the read!

Sugary_ComfortSugary_Comfortabout 7 years ago
Definitely Longer

It's difficult to really give any critique of the story so far as there's just not enough of it. It is a great beginning, though. The writing is well done and I am intrigued. If you had posted more I am sure you would have pulled in more readers. I am going to keep an eye on this, though, because I'd love to see this progress.

Midday_CrisisMidday_Crisisabout 7 years ago
Too little

I like the start, but this is juat too small of a story fragment. Please keep this going.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Too brief, but tantalizing

Definitely sparks my interest, but as others have said far too brief to be effective. I found when publishing my own work that 1,000-1,200 words was needed to keep readers interested, especially with the delay between submission and posting you may not get on other sites. Best to focus on longer submissions with more time in between than post just to get it out there.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Great start

Looking forward to more. Tried to find you on fictionpress no luck there. Any hints as to where else you post?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Incomplete Tale

Interesting and enjoyable reading, but it is incomplete. It would be nice to read about what happened to the lovely lady after his search was completed, especially given the facts that

1) she was quite comely

2) she was indeed carrying weapons.

This tale took place at a time when strong men knew what to do with such women...

Horseman68Horseman68about 7 years ago
Anticipating More!

Please continue this little story. Seems to have great potential.

MProstMProstabout 7 years agoAuthor
Next chapter soon!

Hi!

The next chapter (actually, 2 chapters in one because you want it longer) has been sent out to my editor. When I get it back it will still need to go through the approving process, so bear with me and cross your fingers it goes fast.

Thanks for your patience!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Progress reports?

Pretty please. Tell us when you think you'll be posting next :)

MProstMProstabout 7 years agoAuthor
Patience

No news from my editor so I submitted as is but just got rejected as I messed up with italics.

So I resubmitted and it might be another 4 days. The chapters have been up 2 weeks on my W account, but Literotica is REALLY slow...

Sorry.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
W account?

I am siked that it might appear in under a week but I would LOVE <3 to read it RIGHT NOW.

What is a W account?

Can you spell it out with spaces between the letters or something?

Thanks

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Sockes? Sockes? Historical?

Weylawey, for I thought it was awry,

That a story about raping,

In our soveriegn age...

Has a lady in sockes two.

Stockyngs they wore,

Of madder or woad,

Up to the knee,

And nothynge lesse,

And ankyl boots,

And garters too.

Natheless, a tale worthy of Guerin,

Who in our age,

Wrote of fucking wantowne maides.

MProstMProstover 6 years agoAuthor
To last anonymous...

As she was wearing knee high boots and was dressed as a middle class to poor man, she would have worn home-spun knitted wool socks folded back over the top of the boot, which might be called socks rather than stockings as they were not held by a garter. Most historians use the term socks for this particular item.

If she were dressed as a nobleman or a lady, she would have worn knitted silk stockings embroidered at the ankle, with garters, or silk stockings covered by a linen or wool sock folded over the top of the boots.

Both genders either wore knee high boots for riding or low leather shoes with ribbons or buckles for men, or higher heel and embroidery for ladies. Embroidered slippers would be used for dancing, but nobody wore ankle boots in the 17th century. Details, details...

SexinatiSexinatiover 6 years ago
It is a joke.

I must not have been logged in, but I wrote that below in jest. Socks existed in the medieval period too! :)

From what I understand, the evidence for knitted garments before the 18th century is quite sparse, but the evidence of woven textiles is very prevalent in finds. This is not to say that knitted garments did not exist, but it seems to have not been a common thing until at least the 18th century. Socks or stockings were often made from woolen textiles that were on the bias. The wool of such garments were often specially made so that they were very soft and not itchy, largely because it went through an extended teaseling process. Linen socks were also known in the medieval period also.

Aside from images of the Madonna from the medieval period which often depicts her knitting, there is very little to no finds in the medieval period of knitting, besides several knitting guilds existing in Tournai and Barcelona, but this is problematic in that knit can mean many differing things. Unfortunately, actual finds of knit-work are very rare.

The only garment that I know of that is knitted in the timeframe of the 17th century belonged to the Gunnister man who had stockings, a purse and a hat that had been knitted.

There were also other finds that were 'knitted', such as a coptic find from the 6th century, as well as a sock found in York in the 8th or 9th century, but these were later found to have not been 'knitted' and were actually made by nalbinding, a very similar though different technique. It can be extremely difficult to distinguish between the two.

Nalbinding rather than knitting seems to have been more common (Especially in Scandinavia), largely because nalbinding uses small lengths of yarn and thus is excellent at using up wastage material from textile processes, whereas knitting requires large and continuous lengths of yarn. Another consideration is that a knitted garment upon being damaged will begin to unravel whilst garments made from nalbinding will not unravel as it is a series of continuous knots, so maintenance work is much easier to perform. This is a good indicator of knitted versus nalbinding as knitted garments will sometimes show indications of repair in it's working lifetime.

Knitting became more popular around the 18th century. By the 19th century Nalbinding was rare.

I also suck at nalbinding and I cannot knit a thing to save my life. I can braid and make slings though, so it all equals out. The ability to throw rocks 100 meters away is more than worth my failed efforts at craftwork.

MProstMProstover 6 years agoAuthor
Re. Sexinati

I did appreciate you little poem in Middle English (although it's closer to the language of Chaucer than Shakespeare), and got the humor in it. I must say that of all the sites I write on, Literotica is the last one where I expected to see my research challenged.

; D

I am used to heated discussions with scholars on specific points of history, such as the accuracy of a Latin to Old English prayer translation, and am quite anal (pun intended) about my research. So here goes:

-Knitting (not nalbinding AKA the Scandinavian sock making technique) was very popular in France a few centuries before my story, with the first record of knitted stockings found in 1387. By the middle of the 16th century, nearly every town had a Guild of knitted hats, gloves, and stockings makers (Bonnetiers). There are many examples of knitted hats, gloves and stockings from the 16th century and earlier.The knitting used what is now know as 'stocking's stich'.

- The first knitting machine was invented by an Englishman, William Lee in 1589. As Elisabeth I didn't support him, he emigrated to France, and his machine knitted stockings became very popular at the court of Henri IV. After the King's death, he fell into oblivion and his heirs returned to England. From the 16th century on, no French noble would have been seen dead in fabric stockings.

- Home knitting was a popular source of income in 17th century France, especially in the countryside. A pair of knee high, thick woolen socks similar to those worn by my heroine and from a close time period are exposed in the Rijksmuseum in Amsterdam.

In fairness, what she would have worn would more likely qualify as boot liners than socks, but you get the idea. Poor people could seldom afford real stockings as they were too expensive, so they either wore nothing, or made do with leg bindings, fabric gaiters or home made products .

I hope this clarifies the point. Maybe your remarks apply mostly to England? ;)

SexinatiSexinatiover 6 years ago
What can I say!

-I must say that of all the sites I write on, Literotica is the last one where I expected to see my research challenged. ; D-

Nor have some random stranger write in a Medieval middle-english-esque way because they were bored and wrote about socks :)

You're not the first one, Sometimes when I get bored I complain to people in Middle english on forums to see how people react.

What can I say, Sex and History go hand in hand.

Can you imagine the day when I thought that Ancient people were prudes?

Then I learned about Ancient Greek dildo's, Roman graffiti and phalluses, Medieval Fabliuex as people wrote about asses and sex, cuckoldry and farting, and I haven't been the same!

I still get a good laugh about how absurd it is when people think that ancient people didn't have sex.

longswordslongswordsabout 6 years ago
Well written

It took me along and I can overlook errors in the period dress for the sex.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
This is amazing!

Your wording.. Your everything is splendid! You're great at this, keep on going!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Exceptional! I rarely read non con stories because they’re usually abusive, crass and quite frankly hate fucking and slut-shaming women but your writing style is a pleasure to read, as is the story you’ve presented. You have concisely justified her actions, carried out as revenge in response to her brutal rape. That she was mistaken about who was to blame is a tragedy. In effect it puts them both in the unique position of being “in the right “.

Unfortunately for her because it was a case of misplaced retribution she now has to answer for her crimes.

Thanks for sharing

Tess (uk)

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous