All Comments on 'Rue the Day Pt. 03'

by ragnarok1

Sort by:
  • 98 Comments
PowersworderPowersworderabout 4 years ago

He should have moved on with Pauline 15 years earlier instead of wasting all that time living in a loveless marriage with super-slut. They had no kids keeping them together, so his decision to not get a divorce when she betrayed him was just weird.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
I never understand why the cuck cry

when the whore dies

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xabout 4 years ago

Please don't change categories. I read ch 1, totally missed ch 2. Maybe I'll go back and catch up.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Amen

That's what the closeness. And love , that a neighborhood should be. We just lost our next door neighbor. I wish neighborhoods would get back to this. Support each other During happy times and sad times.

TheKrrakTheKrrakabout 4 years ago
Completion

Nice to come across a tale that feels complete. The crime, the punishment and the rehabilitation all taken care of - justice is served.

5/5

Harryin VAHarryin VAabout 4 years ago
Why is the husband blaming himself for wifes Cancer?

Fact loving heart story a husband spends much of his time blaming himself for being emotionally heard by his wife cheating.

This makes little sense and needs or deserve some sort of exploration orcfoundation if the author wants to reader to understand what the husband going through. Of course the husband going to have some emotional and psychological ssues with his wife who cheating on him

How does that make the cancer HIS fault ?

Harryin VAHarryin VAabout 4 years ago
WHY us the husband blaming himself for wifes cancer?

What hurts this story is the husband spending much of his time blaming himself for being emotionally heard by his wife cheating... and SOMEHOW causing the wifes cancer.

This makes little sense and needs or deserve some sort of exploration or foundation if the author wants to reader to understand how the husband..or anyone for that matter... could think that. Of course the husband is going to have some emotional and psychological ssues with his wife who cheating on him

How does that make the cancer HIS fault ?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Nope. Just not what I'm looking for in a LW story

Maybe non-erotic would have been a better category? Fairly well written. Just a lousy story line.

2 stars

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Mawkish ending

Apart from that, his initial decision to stay with her wasn't written convincingly. There was no indication that she would have discontinued the affair without her husband discovering it and confronting her, and cavalier attitude regarding her behavior compounded her adultery. Yet, even though they are childless and he is still young, H decides to adopt a miserable demi-life of "cohabiting" because he doesn't want to give up the house and half its equity along with half of his 401k? If someone looks at that section of the story carefully, I think he would find the H's course of action utterly implausible. There might be some changes that could make the post-discovery portion of the story plausible, but as it stands the reconciliation doesn't work.

NipplesandwineNipplesandwineabout 4 years ago
Wow I will say you wrote a story I have seen so many times play out .

Some burn the cheater some try to forgive but just can't get passed the lost of trust. I have Evan seen total forgiveness. But no mater what you can never be the same . I was told by a friend when I was young , when you think of cheating ask yourself do you love them enough to not cheat? Answer that truthful and you will know what to do. Thanks for the read

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
I like the way he handled his business

Like a real man.

Xzy89c1Xzy89c1about 4 years ago
Great

Just great. Thank you

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
I am giving you

A 5 just for the way this chapter was written. As a stand alone story, with just enough background to set the reader up for this viginette of one of life's ultimate tragedies.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago

This story did NOT need a sequel. This is up there with Eleanor Rigsby 2 by HDK in the realm of unneeded sequels to great stories.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Thanks for sharing...

Interesting story with a lot of insight into the human condition. The existence of cheaters support group is a new concept for me. thanks for a good realistic read, looking forward to your next posting

Dittybopper6989Dittybopper6989about 4 years ago
Confused

I read all three parts and I ended feeling very confused. She screwed up and he should have divorced her. When he didn't she should have filed. Living together in a constant state of bitterness is just wrong. No consulting, just living with pain every day. Than cancer and we form a perfect union. Finally the end is diluted with the promise of love between he and Pauline.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Unredemable

Sucked . You will need to do better . Channel more stangstar06 and less HDK cucky bitch

AethurAethurabout 4 years ago
In the first chapter...

Didn't the wife say she didn't give bj's? And only swallowed once for her lover? Then gave him anal, which she never gave her hubby? She gave it to him afterwards, but that is irrelevant.

Then in chapter 3, she suddenly has the history of being a whore. This doesn't mesh. I like the premise and love the title. But everything else seems to fall a bit short. I'm fine with reconciliations, but I just feel like there was too much missing to justify it.

enderlocke27enderlocke27about 4 years ago
why

I am sitting at my desk trying to keep my mind on my job. I am nervous. Today is the day, the day Deborah will decide if our life together would end sooner or later. I am praying that she will be willing to fight for us to be together long into the future. The decision is, ultimately, hers though. I can see her decision going either way.

we already know the answer thanks to ur epilogue on the frist story

26thNC26thNCabout 4 years ago

Tough ending,but I really enjoyed the entire story. Like sbrooks103x says, I did miss chapter two and had to go looking for it. They made their twenty five years, but it wasn't easy for then. The entire mess was caused by her cheating, not his reaction to it. She did the the day for the rest of her life. The cancer, in a way, forced them both to admit the love that they still had for each other, and brought them back together in love. Not the usual LW story, but well worth reading.

MarkT63MarkT63about 4 years ago
Cuck hubby??

Karma wasn't as forgiving as her cuck husband. At least he kept his house and gets the hot neighbor in the end!!! He also got some brand new pussy from his slut wife!!!

SkubabillSkubabillabout 4 years ago

I read all three parts and enjoyed them all. I wonder though, if you considered having them renew their vows before they went on the second honeymoon? Oh and it is ecstasy.

robroy93robroy93about 4 years ago
Ok

That turned out to be an epic story. Poor Deborah ruined her marriage and her lfe, got cancer and finally regained her husband's love. Then she dies. Cheating has no upside.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
I liked that ending

I am normally a destroy the bitch type having had 2 ex wives play around but I like this ending. Wish my life could have been the same. I still love the first wife but despise the second (2 kids eldest not mine).

CrazyDaveTrucker60CrazyDaveTrucker60about 4 years ago

I guess I'm a sucker for a sorta happy ending. 5 *

ctdansctdansabout 4 years ago
A romance

what started as something for LW then went all romance. After 9 years of living like roommates with benefits he gets all lovey and actually blames himself. She also never truly explained why she cheated? She says she reverted back to college slut days but never said why? Sex without love was killing her for the past 9 years but why did she feel the need for it to start his reaction and the following 9 years of "just sex"?

OK story, liked the writing, but the topic just didn't fit. Like someone else said, if she was so miserable she could have filed at any point as he said he wouldn't because of the money and home.

danoctoberdanoctoberabout 4 years ago
Life and Death

So much hatred for a partner's infidelity can drive a person to the point of no forgiveness.

But, put that partner in a life and death situation brings a light of clarity many would never believe they would see.

When the truth within is forced out to be examined, only two things remain. Do I love them enough to forgive them or is it, fuck'em and let them die. That's it. Time is running out. What do you decide?

ranorok1, clever ending. 5 stars.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Nice story

Sad ending , wanted 9 yrs fighting his love.then the cancer. Life can be a bitch but we have to move on.anything less destroys us.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
4*s

Wow, that is well written sick shit 💩👀.

The wife is a cheater and the husband is a mental and emotional abuser for years 😯.

Good job of writing ragnarok1.

Looking forward to your next story🙂👍.

AMerryman

Sheath1969Sheath1969about 4 years ago
Very touching

An unusual story for this site and very well done!

LenardSpencerLenardSpencerabout 4 years ago
Excellent. It was a touching, moving story

At times I can be a bit of an arsehole in my comments. But when I read a story of the quality of this Part 3... well, it's simply excellent. Many thanks.

WargamerWargamerabout 4 years ago

How sad. I knew she would die

5/5

desertdog43desertdog43about 4 years ago
Cancer

Has cut a wide swath of pain and death in my family.

I wouldn't wish that on anyone.

Sad story.

MusicGuy4FunMusicGuy4Funalmost 4 years ago
Wonderful story

I really enjoyed it.

WhoGivesAShitWhoGivesAShitalmost 4 years ago

Very good. Sad ending, but it had to be that way. A sudden, unexpected death, leaves loved ones feeling like they didn’t have the chance to say goodbye, talk about old grudges, stuff like that. I’ve been a primary caregiver through stage 4 cancer. For a long time, I’ve felt that the pain from cancer, is the price we pay, to have that window of time to put things right.

FireFox59FireFox59almost 4 years ago
Great Chapter 3

Sad Deb only made it 5 more years.

fucktheagedfucktheagedalmost 4 years ago

Great story. Sad but unfortunately that's life. I doubt if there are many people who have not lost family or a loved one or friends to that wicked disease.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Great story

Nicely written and a great examination of the aftermath of an affair.

LuciousLadyMaryLuciousLadyMaryalmost 4 years ago

Completely rebuilt vagina from other abdominal tissue would as you stated need lubrication. Then she has "squirting orgasms"? I don't think so.

In real life, the marriage doesn't last during the 8 years of his 'just sex'.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
What An Excellent Story

The Fall. The Agony. Then the short but oh so welcome, ecstasy. So well written and not the usual cheating story. Thank you. 5*s.

After eight years, cancer is back - but I'm not giving up! :-)

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

Difficult to believe but this is a place where anyone can create anything :) lovely last part to round off the story, I was rooting for Pauline though so I'm glad they will have a good few years together, plus it would make him experience the joys of having kids or step kids.

Deb paid way more than she did to be honest, I haven't known a love where someone can stay with their husband/wife for that long and in that type of marriage, the hurt will build till there is no love but hate, anger, resentment and even jealousy.

Nice to see deb get back together though, even if it was short.

WwoodyWwoodyover 3 years ago

Truly beautiful!!!!!!!!

gingerhuntergingerhunterover 3 years ago
Pauline ruined the ending

I'm sorry but after 25 years of marriage even an unfaithful wife deserves better than to have some bitch offering herself to the grieving widower during the wife's interment. Especially if said bitch is a woman who the wife believed for years to have had sex with her husband in the aftermath of the wife's adultery.

That final scene shows Deborah was never forgiven and her infidelity was never forgotten. I wish she had divorced her embittered husband 15 years earlier when it became clear the marriage would never recover. There's truth in what Kurt said about her cancer. She might well be alive had she not remained in such a toxic relationship.

Her adultery was wrong and inexcusable, but she didn't deserve a death sentence for a 6 week affair.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
I agree with gigger

Had a tear in my eye until that last bit, cost you a point I am afraid

JJ

etchiboyetchiboyover 3 years ago
@gingerhunter

“Her adultery was wrong and inexcusable, but she didn't deserve a death sentence for a 6 week affair.”

Oh? I beg to, possibly, differ. And I mean a metaphorical “death sentence”, of course. If she was TRULY repentant, as she was in this story, then...meh. Ok, forgive. But the “it’s only sex” quote is what was said first, and set the hook and tone for everything that comes after. Did she act like “it was just sex” with Kurt later? No. But she did with John (or Bill or Frank or Chuck, or whatever his name was). In his mind her sex with him (Kurt) was now compromised. “Is she making love to me, or is she just having sex with me?” I’d better protect myself and have “just sex” with her.

There have been celebrated “loving” relationships without any sex at all (Cyrano comes immediately to mind). So why not a loving relationship with “just sex”?

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

As one of my favorite writers has said (JPB), he writes for himself. Just as in this and most stories, you can't please everyone. Life and people (whether real or in stories) won't be perfect. With only the words on the page, the last paragraph could seem tacky but Pauline had been a neighbor and friend of the couple for years. I can see a story between the lines where Deborah would have encouraged Pauline (especially in the last weeks) to be there for her husband. Great story with good, flawed characters.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
They were divorced, . . .

intellectually and emotionally. The legal status is irrelevant unless one of them wanted to remarry, which they didn't. Then they became fuck buddies; better than nothing. If Kirk had been given a choice, I bet he would prefer he own sterility to his wife's infidelity. He would be delighted to get Just Sex if he could get it from a loyal loving faithful wife. He couldn't. If she had not been caught she would have continued to fuck John for as long as it was fun. She was always regretful and remorseful, but mostly that she got caught. She had sex with John that she denied her husband, revealing her true character and disrespect for her husband and her marriage. The reprieve she got was more than she deserved.

Yeh, he should have divorced the whore and pursued Pauline. Better late than never.

Thanks for the effort.

Dlh143Dlh143over 3 years ago

Forgiveness of a cheating whore is being nothing but a wimpy cuckold! The author tried to save this farce of a story but noting the opposite of this. But in the end, he made our hero into a wimp! Ruined a good story with that. I wish I could give negative stars for this shitty story!

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
How Kurt was able to finally forgive and make love to his wife.

So here is my theory. With her surgery and newly built vagina, Kurt was going where no man has gone befire, basically taking her virginity agsin. I think this finally enabled him to let go and make it more than just sex.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

@Dhl143 is a complete shithead. I've read quite a few of the Loving Wives Cheating/Reconciliation stories and even when the author warns in their prologue that it's a reconciliation story and not a BTB story @Dhl143 still adds his puerile comments. What a miserable sad life they must lead. They obviously go out of their way to read stories that they know they won't like just so they can put the author down.

Anyway back to the story. I had to skip through this last chapter as it really didn't make sense. There'[s is no way Kurt could carry the hurt for 9 years without it driving him crazy. People aren't built like that. The impact of Deborah's affair would have faded over time especially if they stayed together and Deborah became the best wife a man could have. The whole cancer death thing seems just a cop out and was just to try and add more emotional content to the story.

The whole three chapters just didn't play out right. They didn't follow a path of how people would react to this situation in the real world.

WillowghbyWillowghbyabout 3 years ago
Very Interesting

rag, you have a delightfully fresh approach to the LW genre which I truly enjoy. If asked to suggest a change to the three chapters, I would only observe that Pauline's comments at the internment ceremony were OTT. Offering herself as a substitute for the wife (barely cold in the ground) comes off as crass and selfish. Sometimes, it is best to simply say nothing.

Oh! Also, please fix your spell-checker. "extasy" indeed...

Keep 'em comin'.

MarkT63MarkT63about 3 years ago

Karma finally got the cheating slut... Good.

Dlh143Dlh143about 3 years ago

Not bad. It just left him a wimpy cuckold until the whore kicked off.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

As always - love conquers all.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

He might not have been a cuckold, according to the premise you stated at the beginning of this installment, but he was certainly a pussy.

MightyheartMightyheartalmost 3 years ago

Dark & Disturbing

All your stories.

Infidelity has a huge price to all concerned

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Her adultery was incorrigible, his 8 years of punishing her was unconscionable... they should have divorced at the beginning of his discovery of her infidelity and let each other go and find someone else to love... of course, I am sure there are many a pitiable marriages out there suffering similar fates.

Galama88aGalama88aover 2 years ago

Nice complex story

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

RE "not every guy that forgives is a cuckhold."

First, it's "cuckold." Not "cuckhold."

Second, here, it most certainly does mean that he is. If not that, then an absolute sucker.

SexecutionerSexecutionerover 2 years ago

You know, maybe she got cancer for being a cheating slutwife. She had to pay for her betrayal somehow. The husband turned wimp, pathetic conclusion.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

I had to make payments for 6 months on that damn house .. She fell in love with another guy and told Me so . I said lets get a Divorce and She agreed but her boy toy got her a great lawyer compared to My looser of a Lawyer . She got the house and i ate tuna fish and peanut Butter sandwiches for 2 years . I would do it again rather then spend another night with her

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

He should be the MC in a hardcore cuckold story it's obvious he can't come all of the way out of the closet poor man.

PaulinndPaulinndover 2 years ago
Nice story

Great story, not all relationships are the same!

We can have complex feelings for those that we love!

If we were just animals the BTBs would be right, but life and love are more complex than that.

NorthHunterNorthHunterabout 2 years ago

What hell of a story, all of it! You had me right from the beginning. Life is far more than hanging on to your anger as a security blanket. In most cases I am a one and done kind of person. However there are always extenuating circumstances some time worth another try but usually not, this was one that was worth it . Great story!!

Ocker53Ocker53about 2 years ago

What was the point of this chapter? ⭐️⭐️

Rancher46Rancher46about 2 years ago

The storyline where well written is very emotional and sad. I agree with the MC that he should not have been such a douchebag for the entire 8 years after the affair, since he had no intention of divorcing her, he needed to forgive her and move on, it took Debra having cancer to get him to realize that he needed to let go of the past and after he did, they found intimate love again. I guess better late than never. The ending is really bittersweet and for those who say she deserved to die have no human compassion and have never lost a loved one to cancer. 5/5

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

I lost my wife at 46 and a close sister at 62. One to ovarian and one to breast cancer. Both my BIL and I would have forgiven them just about anything for those extra years even through some difficult times. The protagonist learned this lesson the hard way about real forgiveness. Well written tale indeed.

Cito22Cito22almost 2 years ago

The cheatingwife shod have suffered more, but very nice at the end to see him with Pauline

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

If he could stay with her "loveless" for 8 years I think he should have just continued or let her go. I mean instead of splitting stuff in a divorce he gets life insurance cash! I also don't agree wit the guy not "cheating" and keeping his vows. She broke the marriage contract so at that point I say he was free to get all he can on the side.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Why did the wimp stay the douchebag slut ?

Doesn't make any sense

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Per @anonymous's comment: "Why did the wimp stay the douchebag slut? Doesn't make any sense." Totally agree.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Excellent read! The writer drew me in to both sides very well. Thought provoking. Regardless of the storyline the manner in which the canvas was painted to relate the feelings of the players involved to the reader was outstanding.

Thanks

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

My wife and I were together for 35 years, married for 30. When we got the cancer diagnosis it was already Stage 4. They gave her 6 months, but she held on for two years. I became then what I remain today and shall forever be, a broken man.

vickitvohiovickitvohioover 1 year ago

I'm not a RAAC fan, but for this story, it was appropriate.

Chimo1961Chimo1961over 1 year ago

Not sure if this is a reconciliation or a real slow BTB. She suffered for a long time. Then you have her Cancer! This was no RAAC. 5* you clever duck

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

So, the neighbor Pauline makes a claim on the widower at the grave site, really!

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

I loved the progression in this story. Well considered and it draws on my heart strings.

rn2711rn2711over 1 year ago

The first part was the best.

I missed the part where Pauline talks with the wife who asks het to take care of her husband.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

In my mind RAAC is never correct.

jopstorm(1945)

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

It's not fair to only give this story 5 *s.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

It wasn't a RAAC. The wife suffered greatly before, during, and after the cancer and surgeries, until she died.

oldtwitoldtwitover 1 year ago

At the start of this part I thought you had milked it too much, but I have to admit you got it right, just finished it off just right.

Good 3 part story

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

After reading this chapter I thought it would be better placed in the Romance section. They went through the pain and anger of a destroyed marriage in the first two chapters and then during the devastating treatment of Deborah's cancer and death they return to the love that made sex the excitement and thrill that they shared when they first married.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

In real life, the wife would not have cared how much she hurt her husband with her betrayal, just that he could not get over it.

She was heartless in the way she dealt with his feelings, only how they affected HER.

This story should have ended with part 2.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Just sex. No!!

Broken vows! Trust gone!!

Your sex wasn't good enough had to go to another!!!

Will there always be comparison.?!

Etc etc

Ditch the bitch. Cost more important than your self respect?!!

MarkT63MarkT63about 1 year ago

RAAC...then she died.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Look I can't see the reason why you can look on this negatively. I think if we are all honest with ourselves we have all been tempted at some stage. It takes more courage to forgive than just walk away. I was glad they got there in the end rather than usual ending. Keep up the good work and never mind the negative people as no matter what you do nowadays there is always small minded negative people

ker63469ker63469about 1 year ago

Thank you for sharing this wonderful story

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Wow, hitting on the grieving widower at his wife’s graveside. Classy!

MarkTwineMarkTwine11 months ago

Boy that Kurt was a serious contender for worlds biggest pussy.

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

Man, what's sad is you only have 21 stories. This one was one of the best I've ever read. StangStar,HarddaysKnight,more and more, saddletramp and others, your story is as good as their best and that's saying something. I wish you had more to read!

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

A sad, heartbreaking story. The emotional devastation that betrayal brings. It literally lays waste to your very sole.

That said this story shows that with enough love, patience, forgiveness and hard work sometimes, rarely, a couple can get back to each other. They had 5 wonderful years together and his heartbreak for lost 9 years will haunt him.

The ending, with Pauline making her intentions know mere days after his wife's death, was an unnecessary distraction and weakened the ending.

I don't see this as a Cuck story. I see it as a tragedy with redemption.

Extremely well done.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

Good story, a little redundant but nevertheless good. However, neighborhood cemetery, come on get real.

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

Some comment on Pauline “hitting” on Kurt at the funeral. It’s is very different when cancer or other disease causes death. A lot of the grieving has taken place in the months before death. In the past out of necessity remarriage was soon, indeed sometimes within days as family life just didn’t allow single parents or really single households. Now the immediate need is gone but each must face that on their own terms.

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

If Pauline wasn't too old, put a bun or two in her oven...

dirtyoldbimandirtyoldbiman6 months ago

This 3 part story certainly made me think about a lot of things or facets of life.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Ah, the old "I used to be a slut in college and my affair was just me reverting to my slutty ways" trope. Classic. Wives that can't do everything in the bedroom with their husband that they would otherwise do with someone with no attachment, really shouldn't be married. If you can't be a slut for your husband in the privacy of your bedroom, then there should be no-one else that gets to see that. Ever. Anyway, that was just a small part of the story.

I was a little sad when the epilogue hit and we learn that the cancer had come back and she was taken just a short 5 years later. I guess the universe thought she needed more punishment. This story was certainly a journey. Love, betrayal, heartbreak, redemption, forgiveness, tragedy. It's got it all. Certainly makes you think. I wonder how different their lives would have been if he had chosen divorce instead. Maybe an alternative ending story someday by someone.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Lot of pain in this story... on both sides. Definitely not a RAAC. The cost was quite high. I don't see just doing a lateral move after 25 years and being in your mid 50s. Comfort? Sure. But he just lost his (albeit marred) soulmate (was the only reason they stayed together). Give it time. Maybe have a companion. Not all of us in that situation will remarry and fall in love again. Virtually none of us right away.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous