All Comments on 'Rule 18'

by PKenny5860

Sort by:
  • 200 Comments
Boyd PercyBoyd Percyover 2 years ago

Rule ABC: Never shoot yourself in the foot!

5

Boyd PercyBoyd Percyover 2 years ago

Rule BP: Never shoot yourself in the foot!

5

Feoalex81Feoalex81over 2 years ago

Ncis was such a great show... and its about time someone wrote a story about a man that doesnt take any crap from anyone including his kids well done

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

As an NCIS fan, I enjoyed it. Mark Harmon would be so proud.

betrayedbylovebetrayedbyloveover 2 years ago

Nice

Two problems. One, didn't speak of what was in the cunt's head to explain as to what she did and two, he was lonely for his whole life after. As for the grandkids, what do we do, applaud? After all these years? Damn.

Four Stars

WetheNorthWetheNorthover 2 years ago
Cliché after cliché

I am amazed that you almost got one into each paragraph.

PowersworderPowersworderover 2 years ago

I admired his no-nonsense approach to her infidelity, but the ending of this story was deeply dissatisfying.

-

Narrating everything makes a story boring. You need dialogue and emotions to bring the characters to life. What about a few scenes where Angela is tearfully apologising and begging him to talk to her? They would've been far more dramatic than just telling us he ghosted her. From a readers perspective, I wanted to hear Angela's side and to witness her misery as she realised her husband would never forgive her.

-

Also his post divorce life was pathetic. He became estranged from his daughter and grandkids, never dated again, and basically became a pitiful hermit. I have zero respect for men that let their cheating wife destroy them... it's totally unnecessary. When middle aged couples breakup, it is much easier for the husband to find an attractive younger replacement than it is for the wife to remarry a good catch.

-

The best revenge against a cheating wife is calmly replacing her with a younger woman... there is absolutely nothing that hurts them more deeply than that. In fact the same applies to the bitch of a daughter. If he'd remarried a broody thirty-something, he could've told Julie that he was starting a new family, because she clearly never loved him. When she realised he was effortlessly replacing her too, Julie's attitude would've seen a dramatic improvement... and if it didn't, he'd have a new family to help him forget them both.

BaggyUKBaggyUKover 2 years ago

Big NCIS fan so I enjoyed it, think I would have enjoyed it anyway. Thanks for the story.

sem999sem999over 2 years ago

Beside paying wedding ,love it 5 stars.

TajfaTajfaover 2 years ago

I agree they had no future but wouldn't he want a face to face to ask her why? She left a note but that wouldn't show any emotion or reveal how she felt when she realised what her actions had resulted in. Also, the speed of the sale etc was totally unrealistic. He might have been able to arrange to have her stuff taken to storage but everything else seemed implausible I would have waited in the house with all her stuff removed to have the confrontation.

carindenniscarindennisover 2 years ago

Now you need the flip side. What was Angela's response, what were the consequences? Did the slime get off scot-free?

Inquiring minds want to know...

Schwanze1Schwanze1over 2 years ago

Probably should have married a Pinay and made another family but I do like a happy ending.

OdiouserOdiouserover 2 years ago

Well written, but not an enjoyable read. Its only real value is to illustrate how much one man could destroy his entire life over his hurt ego.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago
really

no real story here

AngelRiderAngelRiderover 2 years ago

That was ridiculous

ReedRichardsReedRichardsover 2 years ago

As one poor writer to another: too many sentences beginning with “I”.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

A sad way to destroy many lives

demanderdemanderover 2 years ago

He doesn't get to see her pain. (Nor does he mess over the boyfriend by telling the wife.)

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Very sad story. She made his life miserable and then he made it worse.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Things went as they should always go.

Mac_LapuMac_Lapuover 2 years ago

If this MC was real guy I would buy him a beer and all the male population of my community would hail him a hero and I am not from a western first world full of cucks and wimps country.

Good one PKenny5860.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

He should have warned Julie’s fiancée that she approves of cheating and refused to be a part of or pay for her wedding.

IABHIABHover 2 years ago

I’ll never understand why a MC is written like this. He made himself a martyr to no one. Shutting out his daughter and grandkids? In order to do that one either has to have no love for them, or is an idiot.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

I like a GOOD ENDING.

Why do women think that they can just "take a break" from their wedding vows and continue like nothing happened. Not in this case, but many think that the husband will just roll over on their return, when he told them he wouldn't b there on her return. Sorry Charlie......

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Needed Something of her reaction and response. We got more about the daughter and the coffee then we did about the wayward spouse...

FireFox59FireFox59over 2 years ago

Good story. No background fluff just a good straight up story. I'm sure you'll be pounded by the he should have listened to the daughter and forgiven the wife crowd. You know kiss her cheating ass just to keep the family together and just suck up "his male ego" tripe we hear so often from the forgive her crowd. Any wife that pulls a stunt like she did deserves exactly what she got. If the daughter thinks what her mother did is exceptable for a wife I really feel sorry for her husband and would have requested a DNA sample to prove she was my daughter. Because the first opportunity like the one the mother had that's comes around she'll do the same thing and expect to be forgiven. My only complaint is I would have rather seen him living well and got his life back in order. If the daughter couldn't understand his reasoning for not being around his ex wife so be it. Thanks for posting.

ReddladyReddladyover 2 years ago

What happened to the end????

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Odiouser would have been sitting on the front porch waiting to lick her lovers cum out of his cheating wife's ass on her triumphant return home.

Demosthenes384bcDemosthenes384bcover 2 years ago

The germ of a great story is buried in the middle of yours, but I just couldn't get my arms around any characters other than our "hero". I'm sure the BTB crowd will love it and rate it accordingly, but too much missing for me to not rate it average. 3*

MattblackUKMattblackUKover 2 years ago

That was a good way for me to start my Monday. Thank you. Good, 5* read.

LenardSpencerLenardSpencerover 2 years ago

He is meant to be an accountant but even he would know that is NOT how dispersal of marital property works in a divorce. I know USA has some crazy laws that differ from almost every country in the western world but this is ridiculous. Plus, what about the dickhead guy his wife was fucking and had the emotional affair with? What happened to him and his marriage/family? NOTHING, it seems.

But he accepted being cut off from his daughter. Even paid for her wedding. Again, ridiculous. The expense would have at least been shared with his slut wife. Plus, who in this day and age, funds the weddings of their kids? It seems US "children" are molly-coddled. They can fund their own damn weddings or, at least, a major portion.

Then the idiot makes a martyr of himself and becomes almost a recluse until he is contacted at age 70. Yeah, that'll show them! Ridiculous.

ScorpioJJScorpioJJover 2 years ago

Good but he left her boyfriend unpunished. Should have blown up his married life. I don’t like when someone self punishes and leads a lonely life. Remember the best revenge is a life well lived. 3*s

hindsight2020hindsight2020over 2 years ago

Solid 4*. Ending was a bit weak.

WargamerWargamerover 2 years ago

I would’ve liked to read her reaction when she arrived back at home and what actually happened during the divorce etc. That entire period was glossed over. It was all over way too quickly. No fun at all.

4/5

kelchakelchaover 2 years ago

Four stars. Would have been five if more was written about wife.

hobie1010hobie1010over 2 years ago
Needed

More from her and needed to burn his life and family

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Could have been better. Things that dragged it down:

.

— Unrealistic success in getting out of house and into apt in just 2 days. Pure fantasy.

— Lack of any info…at all…as to how divorce went.

— Although not talking to the bitch was reasonable, you DID imply that he had multiple conversations with his daughter. Yet not one tidbit of info about the content of any of those. Especially since daughter seemed to side with the wife. Maybe you should have had him talk with daughter’s husband about that attitude?

— No interaction of him with ANY relatives about the shitstorm his wife initiated.

.

OK. Doing some or all of that would have required another page or 2. But that’s why this is a weak 3 instead of a strong 4 or better.

ReedRichardsReedRichardsover 2 years ago

It's pretty amazing what he could get accomplished over a weekend. How is it that he could get the police over to his house, looking for signs of foul play, but no one ever spotted the letter, propped up on the pillows?

.

Why, oh why, do real men need a fucking locksmith? You can buy new doorknobs and deadbolts at Home Depot, and install them yourself, and the only tool you'll need is a phillips screwdriver. If he's man enough to go MGTOW, he ought to be able to change a door set.

.

MGTOW: Men going their own way. Yup, that's what he did, and it cost him his wife, not that he minded that loss, but it cost him his already-owned house, it cost him his daughter, it cost him his friends -- remember: he moved to a new town, which leaves his friends behind -- and eventually it cost him a life lived alone. The story says that he occasionally "dated", it didn't say fucked, a few other women, but eventually, he was alone.

What about Angela? There isn't a lot of detail about her, but she was at least decent-looking enough that another man, a married man, was willing to take a chance with her. We don't know what ages these people were, but it's at least possible that Angela found a new man, who became her new husband.

The answer is: Angela won! Oh, we don't know how she won, but at least she still had the love and affection of her daughter, which Tom threw away.

MGTOW. Sam Kinison had a comedy routine, thanking the Lord for the great selection we have here: we can either love women, or suck a big dick! Yup, Tom went his own way, alright, but I've always thought that the men who distrusted women, women in general, not just their ex-wives, so much that they only interacted with them when they had to, or when they got horny enough to need a zipless fuck, might as well learn to like sucking dick, so they can dispense with women altogether.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Guessing the author doesn't have a daughter, possibly kids altogether. Kids aren't stupid, Julie would have noticed changes if she had any regular contact. Either Angela lied about the reasons or there was more to be told of his relationship with Julie. But hey if she wants to be that way, he's under no legal or moral responsibility to pay for anything. All that part of it didn't ring true... the rest was pretty far fetched but lw tales need to have stupid wives.

whateverittakeswhateverittakesover 2 years ago

Four stars only because Gibbs is my favorite character now. Otherwise nothing new here. An awful lot got done on Sunday. Even Gibbs can’t make that happen.

ReedRichardsReedRichardsover 2 years ago

Mr Sworder wrote:

"Also his post divorce life was pathetic. He became estranged from his daughter and grandkids, never dated again, and basically became a pitiful hermit. I have zero respect for men that let their cheating wife destroy them... it's totally unnecessary. When middle aged couples breakup, it is much easier for the husband to find an attractive younger replacement than it is for the wife to remarry a good catch.

-

The best revenge against a cheating wife is calmly replacing her with a younger woman... there is absolutely nothing that hurts them more deeply than that. In fact the same applies to the bitch of a daughter. If he'd remarried a broody thirty-something, he could've told Julie that he was starting a new family, because she clearly never loved him. When she realised he was effortlessly replacing her too, Julie's attitude would've seen a dramatic improvement... and if it didn't, he'd have a new family to help him forget them both."

.

I think you missed it, Mr Sworder: Tom was so devastated by Angela's fling that he not only hated her, but he decided that he could do without his own daughter. This hit Tom so badly that he hated not only his ex wife, and could dump his daughter, but he couldn't trust any woman, or, as he put it, "never desired to engage in any type of committed relationship again."

.

Normal men want women; that's hard-wired into our brains. And while a few not-quite-normal men think it's just great to go through their entire lives bedhopping, normal men want to settle down with a good wife, at least eventually. Tom was so devastated by Angela fucking someone else -- and her letter indicated that Tom was the only man she'd fucked previously -- that he was through, not only with her, but women in general. An occasional piece of pussy was all he wanted.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

@Odiouser

What should he do then? Have incestuous relationship with his daughter like what you prefer to write?

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

I would still see the grand children. You can ignore the ex wife and you can even show up with another woman showing you traded up. Doing that while they are little helps the kids know you so when they get their license to drive they can come visit you.

I also would have refused today for her wedding and like others had said inform the boyfriend of her thoughts and see if he wants to marry a woman who believes in cheating.

someoneothersomeoneotherover 2 years ago

I could never understand why authors have protagonists who are such pathetic losers as the husband here. If there is a problem, you don't sell your house for peanuts as it ultimately hurts only you. You don't rush drastic actions, but handle affairs efficiently. It is the author's story, but one that, as often is the case, the cast comprises only losers.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Mandatory deduction for the wife's lover being allowed to disrespect the MC without consequence. If he can sell a house in less than 48 hours, he can figure out who spent a weekend fucking his wife.

kirei8kirei8over 2 years ago

5+++ stars! Finally, a story that resembles life when a man's love and devotion are shattered by a devious selfish stupid bitch. ALL the wife's decisions were her own. ALL the daughter's decisions were her own. The only victims in the story are the husband/father and grandchildren. The ending was enigmatic. You wrote they were in their LATE twenties so are they there to try to establish a relationship or to not to be forgotten in the will. Another story would be great if you are so inclined. Perhaps it would also be a chance to answer other reader's questions and concerns. Either way an excellent story!!!

irinmikeirinmikeover 2 years ago

Why do so many of these stories find a grieving husband bolt from the scene of the crime without verbally confronting the cheating wife in person. Not only the wife but her lover. Secondly why would any self respecting man allow himself to be pushed out of his own bedroom by a wife who gives him the cold shoulder. Third and last why become an estranged grandfather without sitting down with exwife and daughter? To prove a point? Ridiculous and unrealistic.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Enjoyed this story. The wife cheated because she selfishly felt entitled to cheat and believed she was entitled to forgiveness and reconciliation as well. There can be no forgiveness or reconciliation as long as entitlement exists. This was premeditated cheating. The wife wanted to have some strange on the side and then expected to continue on in the marriage as if nothing happened.

Why would her husband even consider taking her back? What's in it for him? Unconditional love you say? Hah, unconditional love is a fantasy. In real adult relationships, love is conditional. It's essential to have boundaries in relationships otherwise a lack of boundaries creates optimal conditions for abuse (‘I love you unconditionally, so you may treat me horribly, but I’ll still remain true’), codependency (‘I’ll be everything to you and ignore my own needs’), and loss of authentic self. No one should ever be a doormat because it teaches others treating people that way is okay when it’s not.

Well, now the wife can have all the strange she wants for the rest of her life as her husband has moved on in to a better life with out her.

Rolando1225Rolando1225over 2 years ago
Original Story

Interesting and original story. I loved it. By the way, I also loved the tits in your Avatar. Thanks for the story, the effort and time to write it. Please, keep writing.

012Say012Sayover 2 years ago

Great (5*) story that tells a sad tale. I particularly liked the protagonist being a clone of LJ Gibbs - so emotionally shut off he has a work-life and solitude. Most commenters seem to want something else from the story, while that might tell a better tale in some instances, it wasn't what the author set out to do. In this case, setting a course and following it to its lonely conclusion was his aim - he succeeded. I wondered at the end if rule 5 was spoken to him or about him? Well done.

GrimmerGrimmerover 2 years ago

Good story but felt incomplete. Rushed.

Chuckle, more like a report.

Thx

GamblnluckGamblnluckover 2 years ago

The guy went full nuke on his cheating wife but let the married scumbag she screwed off scott free. Would have been better for why his daughter thought he should give his ex a break. He rushed through everything in a day but did not tell his daughter what was going on until the last minute so she could not warn her mother. If the bitch had turned off her phone and could not be reached how could the daughter contact her?

He called the family thinking she was missing then gave them an all clear without hinting he found a note saying she was off screwing a married man 'and had left him'. They'd all know and it would be up to the wife to attempt to change the narrative. Not much of this made sense.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Perfect, almost. Justice was done to the slut and the slut enabling daughter, except I would not pay for or attend the wedding. I'd also warn the groom. Pity that the bastard didn't pay, but irl that happens.bIt also seems that the last sentence was cut off.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Rule 1: Never let suspects stay together (the other Rule 1) - we don't really know this answer do we

Rule 15: Always work as a team. - she didn't

Rule 3: Never be unreachable. - she was

Rule 3: Never believe what you're told (we haven't had sex) - the other Rule 3 - he never checked.

Rule 69: Never trust a woman who doesn't trust her man. - six weeks of silence

Rule 36: If you feel like you're getting played? You probably are.

Rule 11: When the job is done - walk away. It took him long enough.

Rule 16: When someone thinks they have the upper hand - break it. Selling the house and pocketing the cash was sufficient.

Rule 45: Clean up your messes. Done.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xover 2 years ago

A generous 3*. Too many of the usual cliches: Wife acts distant; husband willingly goes to guest room (I'd kick in the master bedroom door. Let her go to the guest room!); She wants to "see what another man is like," then expects him to take her back.

\

Daughter takes mother's side, to the point of not allowing him visits without the ex.

\

He has a miserable life post-divorce, then we're supposed to be happy that after almost 30 years his grandchildren decide to "bless" him with a visit?

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

So what happened to the wife and daughter over the years?

Driven2ReadDriven2Readover 2 years ago

Was a good straight forward story, like the Gibb's twist but what I don't ever see in these stories is how the daughters hubby re-acts to his wife supporting Mom's cheating. I sure as hell would have had a talk with him before the wedding to tell him the situation. If she supports her mom, what's that say about how she would react in the future. I know it's vindictive, but no one ever brings that up (not often anyway). I know if I was going to marry his daughter, that would set very highly in mind once I found out. Unless I didn't care if she was a ticking time bomb.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

I will never understand authors who write children characters who believe the father should be a door mat. Dads are put on pedestals as paragons of strength, dignity and moral Fibre. But suddenly they want them to destroy themselves for the benefit of a cheating whore. Makes no sense. I would have liked to have read about this husband contacting the lovers wife to inform her of her husband's whereabouts and the fallout from that conversation. That would've prolonged the feel-good vibe of the story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Lmao what were you thinking? the category title is two words long: "LOVING WIVES." This doesn't meet any part of that, nor does it contain any erotic content whatsoever, generally a good thing to include on "Literotica." I think you were looking for either https://www.literotica.com/c/non-erotic-stories or some reddit cuck subpage.

tangledweedtangledweedover 2 years ago

Decent, straightforward story using the Gibb's Rules idea. It was a bit iffy on some parts of his escape plan, totally lacking on the wife's character (Martian Slut Ray Rules) and the ending just kind of tailed off, so it wasn't a total success. Otherwise, it was an entertaining bit of escapism.

SkubabillSkubabillover 2 years ago

Pretty harsh but I liked it.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

I give this 5-stars not for the story line, but rather for your character portrayal and fidelity to that character. Your character is an intelligent, stoic, logical, non-demonstrative, faithful man who lives by a set of rules and expects that from the people whom he loves. I didn't say he wasn't emotional. As a stoic he rules his emotions, not the other way around. In other words your character was Gibbsian.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

what kind of daughter is Julie?! - as mentioned before with this kind of character, her husband has it comming for him the poor chap

Strangely her behavior infuriated me much more than that suckerpunching former wife of his...

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Man ruins his life over his wife’s whoreish behavior .breaks a lot of laws before any divorce action.leaves a lonely life. So this author could have done a better job. Also why sell the house at a loss if it was your before marriage it is always yours. You could have played this out much better over time and drag her thru the courts. No kids at home and she has her own job . But the whole plot was stupid .wife decides to try another married man leaves home for a weekend of sex. So you could have found out the lover and informed his wife. You could have made her look like shit to all others and family. A lousy story. Sorry to say.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Well done. A good and proper end.

sanman52sanman52over 2 years ago

WTF. Don't understand why 5 stars from some commenters other than how they like any story where the husband basically tells the wife to fuck off. Who ended up getting hurt the most?

Reading about all the steps the husband took to separate from the wife was like reading stories with 3 pages of the main characters becoming childhood friends, high school dating, breakup, reconnection, dating again, sex, marriage, kids before getting to the crux of the story concerning cheating, divorce and the aftermath.Who gives a shit. If you took out all the extraneous detail, the story would be 6 paragraphs.

This story begs for a confrontation and some explaining. Falling for another guy doesn't explain the wife becoming such a bitch. Why?

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Shouldn't have paid for his daughters wedding and he should have lived a better life after the divorce. Would have liked to hear more about the divorce and the life his ex-wife lived after the divorce.

PeelercrabPeelercrabover 2 years ago

He already knew all he needed to know. She made up the bed so she could sleep in it. Why ever talk about it? The best way to respond to a backstabbing is a ghost. It would be nice to hear her wailing and gnashing of teeth. But like him, "Who cares?" The damage is done.

ibuguseribuguserover 2 years ago

Agree with Firefox. Background fluff sometimes works and sometimes doesn't. I was reluctant to give 5* because of his stubbornness (could have tried to give way for his daughter's sake), and the magical way that everything suddenly fell into place (it never does).

But finally 5* it was : original and nicely edited.

Thanks for sharing.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

No muss, no fuss and cunt. Seems to be in order. I’m cool with it. Stupid, stupid, stupid women........oh well hope the fuck was enough to last the stupid cunt.

Still since your following gibb’s rules you needed to make assholes wife aware of the situation too. Misery loves company and I can’t think of two more deserving recipients then asshole and the cunt.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Agree with another Amon!

”Needed Something of her reaction and response. We got more about the daughter and the coffee then we did about the wayward spouse...”

Nevertheless 5* story!

truthandjustice99truthandjustice99over 2 years ago

Wife cheat Deserves to be divorced Ex husband is a piece of shit around his children Good they have nothing to do with him Ending is rediculous. Grand kids should have looked him up told him whatt a piece of crap he was Laughed and left.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

I think someone else has already mentioned it but it would make a good story to hear the wife's side of the story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Not worth a score, as is, if the author would spend a word or two as to the why he cared more to get everything of slut cuntwifes into storage rather than destroying it all, destroying Skanks place of employment, finding and providing the Bastards Name number etc to the entire world, ensuring Slutwifes future is condemned to a total wreck of a life, it still would only get a 1

Dittybopper6989Dittybopper6989over 2 years ago

Really wasn't anything special in this story. It appears as if a list was written to write this story. A major problem was emotion wasn't on the list. I wasn't expecting murder but maybe a few broken bones would have been nice.

Just_WordsJust_Wordsover 2 years ago

My criticism is that he could never accomplish that so quickly. My compliment is that I enjoyed this a great deal! It was novel and new. As I remember it, Gibbs learned his rules from his wife? She was a keeper.

far_wanderer1984far_wanderer1984over 2 years ago

Could of been great but he alone destroyed his relationship with his daughters family, being a cry baby. What's with not moving on?

JonDoe315JonDoe315over 2 years ago

He should've let the son in law know the daughters stance on the situation and see what happens. I guess her stubbornness comes from the dad. Good story otherwise..

MicknTrixieMicknTrixieover 2 years ago

Only a third of a story.

26thNC26thNCover 2 years ago

You took an often used “wife loves him, but wants an innocent fling” plot and gave it a new slant. NCIS, especially Gibbs, is one of the few network tv shows that I enjoy. I like the MC’s immediate reaction to the wife’s cheating. She deserved being dumped and ghosted, and I understand the reaction to the daughter’s incessant nagging. I’m glad the grandchildren found him in the end. Great story.

SwordWielderSwordWielderover 2 years ago

I really liked the story (I'm an NCIS fan). There are a couple of comments I would like to make. I think his son-in-law would be very concerned about his wife's (the main character's daughter) attitude about her mother's cheating and especially how she treated her father. Maybe 50% of couples survive adultery, but that means 50% broke up because of it. The father has an attitude that many men (and some women) have - intentional and willful cheating means the relationship is over. The daughter not only didn't respect that, she took her mother's side, even though the father didn't do any wrong to cause the breakup, and she wouldn't allow him time to see her or his grandchildren without his ex-wife being there - to the point she kicked him put of their lives. I really think there would have been some big arguments between the daughter and her husband about this. Lets face it - she's basically saying to her husband that adultery is OK and forgivable. Her husband should have a very big issue with the whole issue and her handling of it. Maybe even insisting on a post-nuptial agreement. I think she will regret her actions at some point. Her father wasn't a bad man - he just couldn't live with or stay married to her mother because of her mother's actions. I wonder what would happen if she got cancer and needed bone marrow from her father - would he do it? Would they even reach him in time? Lastly, what happened with both parities - did he find a new love interest? What about her? Did she find out that the grass is greener only because it's artificial turf? Maybe write a 2nd story from the wife's point of view. How does Mom and Grandma answer the questions about "Where is Grandpa? Why did you kick him out of our lives?"

MormonJackMormonJackover 2 years ago

5 star story! Thank you!

Sure... I have a soft spot for my daughter so if she made a mistake about siding against me in favor of a cheating spouse (thankfully, this is not something I have worry about - I think) and then wanted to step back from that, I would let her. That doesn't detract from a well written story.

ImNotanAnonImNotanAnonover 2 years ago

Did you pass out halfway through a sentence, you idiot?

enderlocke77enderlocke77over 2 years ago

damn u left me wanting more there. i mean i was a good ending but damn man lol maybe a bit more from the wife and daughter. but tbh out of the 500 LW stories i read here the cheating wife usually says the same thing. like this "It's just a problem at work. It'll be over with soon." swear that exact line is in about 50 of the LW stories i read lol

King_MacAulayKing_MacAulayover 2 years ago

Look, burning your bridges while your standing on them doesn't help you at all. This is too sad, he genuinely did remain to inflexible. His daughter didn't betray him, and he literally said that this divorce didn't change how much they both loved her. Well, it might not have changed it, but apparently his pain was too much to move forward with his life in a way that made him happy. Revenge isn't worth it if it costs you your own happiness. So boo on this story because of it.

SKHPSKHPover 2 years ago

Rule xxx:

Never publish a LW story without the POV of the cheating wife - before the deed as well as after the divorce. 4,5 ⭐⭐⭐⭐💫

Legio_Patria_NostraLegio_Patria_Nostraover 2 years ago

Yeah! You showed HER, didn't you? Why did he fire-sale HIS house? If it was his, pre-marriage, why sell and move at all? What happened to 'handy dandy'? The Kamikaze approach to BTB might look all bad-ass and shit, but in the end, the first guy to die trying to take out the aircraft carrier is a kamikaze!

.

In the immortal words of Ichiro "Fast Eddie-san" Yukimura: "落ちる桜のように、私の愚かな自己は私自身の手で不必要に死ぬでしょう。"

.

Story still rates a 5/5 on sheer tenacity, alone! Banzai!

BeBopper99BeBopper99over 2 years ago

2* for the stereotypical LW story of the big obtuse moronic husband who can't seem to figure out that his slut wife is cheating on him for months. Also, the stereotypical husband runs like a craven coward instead going after the slut and her scumbag lover. Instead he burns himself by avoiding his daughter and grandchildren. Sad effort, but not enough to get 1*.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

But Angela's workplace Romeo got off without a drop of blood loss. This is inexcusable! The universe and I demand a rewrite...or a sequel...or a something?!

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

5* for the story and to the other comments that mentioned no real story here need to read it again

Just how many people looked up Gibb’s rule #5? Yes I am guilty

🥳

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Rather farfetched, especially the rapidity in which he made the various arrangements, and over a weekend to boot!

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Those two grandchildren will soon find out what a bitter, sad sack old man their grandfather is. I can't imagine a worse role model for living life than Gibbs. Want to die friendless and lonely? Just follow his stupid rules.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Ok story, hits all the right notes for the BTB crowd. What a stupid wife. I prefer the story line where she waits around, as he liquidates everything while she was powerless to stop it. That combination of powerlessness combined with an in-your-face WTF to her, makes for the best punishment.

It could have been a bit longer, almost rushed. Too many of these writers also turn the kids into one dimensional characters (who rush to take her side) rather than being as upset and hurt as the wronged partner.

Huedogg2Huedogg2over 2 years ago

so let me get this right, of course the last three comments where made by the pillars of manhood. They seem to think that men are willing cuckold lap dogs like they seem to be. A lot of you act as if being a man is the gate to suckerdom. He choose his path and it worked for him. Hell, it works for me. It was his house, his wife and his marriage. Because many of you want to believe that his ego is fragile because he doesn't want the whore back then so be it. BeBo, Legio and anon seem to think because the husband moves on with his life then he running away. Me personally, I would have refused to pay for my EX-KID's wedding and put a restraining order on her and the ex. Wars have been started over the vanity of some entitled bitch, while you ass are bitching about "his male ego". Get over these "NUTYZ. Good story PK 5*******

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

My Rule #1. Never and I mean never write a story like this without the fall out for the cheating wife and lover!! This get a -1 1/2*

My Rule #2. Never and I mean never make the husband a ball less coward that runs away from the confrontation!! This gets a -2*

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

lacks confrontation = very little drama.

We all know what the basic premise is in these stories, so creating the tension prior to discovery and

retaliation with confrontation is important. Stories where the guy just runs away (even if completely justified) are shallow feeling. I love your writing though! Some of your stories are incredible.

patilliepatillieover 2 years ago

Nice tale, he cut off his nose despite his face tho.

secretsalsecretsalover 2 years ago

Technically nothing wrong with the story, just feels a little light. The 'rules' seem to play a key part, but don't really justify why they're important. especially when the grandkids are still quoting them. Probably works a lot better for NCIS fans. There seems to be a lot more time dedicated to the minutiae of disentanglement than the actual emotion. The reader barely gets a sense of who Angela is, apart from that she makes catastrophically dumb decisions, so we don't really feel the loss. The estrangement from the daughter is more tragic, but again, skimmed over very quickly.

BSreaderBSreaderover 2 years ago
Interesting but

Like most husbands in these tales he was a pussy he didn't really confront her or do anything about the prick that destroyed their marrage.

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous