All Comments on 'Rules of the Game'

by desecration

Sort by:
  • 77 Comments
etchiboyetchiboyover 2 years ago
LOL. Brilliantly different.

5-stars & Favorite

Legio_Patria_NostraLegio_Patria_Nostraover 2 years ago

Perfection rides a Pale Horse!!!!

.

5+++++++++/5!!!

lujon2019lujon2019over 2 years ago

Why is this less than three stars? Its what cheating cunts deserve

kelchakelchaover 2 years ago

Gave five stars. Rare to like a story about a sociopathic murderer.

Was also a good illustration of the cause of our environment crisis. Business can only care about the bottom line.

Thanks for the read.

tangledweedtangledweedover 2 years ago

The revenge angle is new, but I shudder to think what kind of place has an organ-harvesting neighborhood.

amygdalaamygdalaover 2 years ago

It’s a sad reflection on my state of mind 😜 Organ transplant robbery, that’s a new BTB in my books, but I like it.

MigbirdMigbirdover 2 years ago

That was a lot of fun — 5 stars.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Absolutely fabulous. A stone cold 5, in so many respects. This is a bit less highfalutin' than the usual desecration fare, and all the better for it. And this, coming from someone who's given this writer two previous 5's. Among other things, got to say I'm delighted to see the writing in first person, unlike the third person omniscient point of view displayed in those earlier 5's ("Trojan Horse" and "Second Life"). And the first-person POV of a female is a lot more intelligently-done than is usual on this site (BlackRandI1958 excepted, of course), refraining from expressing female desire in male-desire terms. Finally, the business wisdom is impeccable, and I intend to use the information about new car pricing next time out. Your best yet - let the desecration thrive!

DaddyWarBucksDaddyWarBucksover 2 years ago

Very enjoyable, 5 Stars

des911des911over 2 years ago
Nice one

Good story, well written. The "business" structure is very different but you make it work very well. Thank you

OnethirdOnethirdover 2 years ago

Fun revenge story. Not a big fan of bottom line business sense, as applied to one’s love life, but this was a nice ride. Come on, tell daddy- he’d be so proud!

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Fiendishly clever revenge scheme, what a great way to get rid of inconvenient bodies. How can anything this chilling be so much fun? Five stars.

mattenwmattenwover 2 years ago

I couldn't even laugh anymore!

t8ntliklyt8ntliklyover 2 years ago

A great twist to BTB !5 stars

johnadpjohnadpover 2 years ago

Sorry, you lost me!

My degrees are in economics, and I owned a successful investment brokerage. So, I got down with the econ talk, and even applying logical business oriented thinking to relationships.

I was still going to give the story 5 stars, even though though it really was more of an essay about relationships than truly a story (I was accused of that myself at one point). I read a lot of studies, raw data, economic papers, news stories, and this one felt like that. But again, it was different, logically breaking down a relationship, so again was going to give it 5 stars.

Where the fuck did the neighborhood harvesting warehouse come from? I get the whole selling the wife to a Mexican whorehouse reference (instead selling the husband and his lover's body parts to Mexico). But this is all over the internet but somehow the police don't know about it. The cops don't have a stakeout at the organ harvesting site, even though it seems a simple google search would give them a nice lead?

And the woman that logically deduces everything, and researches everything to death must obviously ascertain such a story before drugging her husband and his lover and dropping them off there, right? Nope! She puts all her faith in an internet rumor, and completely follows through on it even though everything hinged on it. She went from discussing "salt water economics" (Keynes), "freshwater economics" (Chicago boys), to being a trumptard who puts all her faith in some conspiracy rumors on the internet not backed by fact or data.

I'm giving it an inflated 4 stars simply because of the Econ angle. Three stars would be more fair.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

I would say this is your best story by far. Different concept than the usual LW story and for the most part it worked. Keep it up! I wonder if the story would score higher if the main character was a husband being cheated on instead?

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Dilettante drivel at the gates of overstuffed latrine.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Wow, am I impressed. In five stories, you have gone from pretty good to good to very good to excellent to absolutely first rate. You have gone from telling a meandering story with interesting insights and observations to writing a tight narrative with no wasted words while still keeping the philosophy. I don't buy all of the observations, but I think it would be fun to get into a discussion with you. First rate all the way on this one.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Hey kelcha, why are you accusing her of murder? Ralph and Lisa were alive and well when she walked away from the bmw. Man, I really love this story. Her dad's teaching really helped to flesh out her character. This one is very near the perfect btb.

SkubabillSkubabillover 2 years ago

Everything I read a new story by Desecration I like the writer more and more. Five stars.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

I really liked this … until the violent ending.

iameaseliameaselover 2 years ago

Well that was something.

26thNC26thNCover 2 years ago

That was brutal, but I loved it. This is definitely a new way to execute a neat double BTB. You should never piss off a woman smarter, and more ruthless than you are. Great story!

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Bloody great 5 stars....

andyinozandyinozover 2 years ago

Operating your personal life according to business principles - brilliant.

Well written. Thanks.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Kind of cute. Way too contemplative and analytical about vague or abstract principles of love, marriage, whatever. Completely disinteresting and unengaging. If she hadn't killed the assholes it would be a 3 at best. Payback is always a good thing. Thanks for the effort.

chytownchytownover 2 years ago

***Thanks for the read.

sdc97230sdc97230over 2 years ago
Sure was convenient that everybody except the cops knew about the organ harvesters

Otherwise, a fun read.

danbo56danbo56over 2 years ago

Brilliant absolutely tremendous story if we had more than 5 stars to give you would get them this story working from the business angle is different loved it now waiting on your next story keep writing 7 stars for me easy

Rolando1225Rolando1225over 2 years ago
Original story

This is a very original story about the old issue of infidelity. This new twist made it very interesting to read. The insights about human behavior and life were fascinating and unique too. I liked the story a lot and I'm OK with the radical way of "divorcing" the cheaters. Nothing gives more satisfaction than cheating the cheaters. Thanks for the story, the time to write it and the effort.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

I went to the wrong business school. None of my professors illustrated rules and best practices as artfully and entertainingly as you did in your anecdotes, which were always to the point. Your students are lucky. Five stars and story of the month for October. Nothing else even comes close.

Boyd PercyBoyd Percyover 2 years ago

I guess Ralph picked the wrong person to cheat on!

5

1959richard21959richard2over 2 years ago

A very funny story with an original premise

Unfortunately the MC isn't likable. She would probably say that's of non-quantifiable value 😃😉 .

Gave you 4⭐s..

Thanks for your work, desecration!!

*

*

*

*

AMerryman

ttom76ttom76over 2 years ago

I really enjoyed this until she killed them, I assume that "old cold" means dead. Then organ harvesting??? I agree with johnadp, Many of these BTB stories go far to much in detail trying to cover all their bases. It degenerated into a 'how to' rather than telling a story.

That said, it's a 5 ***** for me, thanks a heap for the business points applied to life.

TechumsahTechumsahover 2 years ago

liked it having them killed seemed a little extreme, but ehh.

sempergumby1963sempergumby1963over 2 years ago
A Classic Case...

of "Do unto others before they do unto you." The snakes were trying to push her into killing herself but all they managed to push her into was getting them first.

Karma can be a cast iron bitch, can't it!

nixroxnixroxover 2 years ago

1 star - the author spent so much time trying to sound intelligent, that this story devolved into something that was really really boring.

teedeedubteedeedubover 2 years ago

Heh, heh. 'Don't get even, get ahead.'

dirtyoldbimandirtyoldbimanover 2 years ago

wow !!! like the business, life analogies. Didn't foresee the ending though.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Loved it, glad someone had the intestinal fortitude to write a Burn The Bastard story, I think it may be only the third one I’ve read here. I couldn’t figure out how our heroine was going to get over on the cheaters, and save the company, you caught me by surprise with the “harvest center”. I don’t usually enjoy that kind of resolution to a story, it feels like a cop out, but it was perfect in this case. Well done thanks for your very entertaining story. KS

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Excellently presented. Enjoyed the Business model. Gave it a 5, but would have enjoyed it more with a less gruesome finish.

oldpantythiefoldpantythiefover 2 years ago

I'm not a MBA and a lot of this was beyond me, but I still enjoyed the story. Just goes to show that if you marry a smart woman, better treat her right and be a good husband. Glad it all worked out for her and the Company, lol.

Regguy69Regguy69over 2 years ago

A bit dry, but still entertaining. Well done.

silentsoundsilentsoundover 2 years ago

Ooh. Nicely done and dark.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Category sarcastic humor. Not my style

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Interesting. I enjoyed it, albeit dry. Dry, not in a sexual way, but more at it being more academic. Five stars. Thank you.

Poppi123Poppi123over 2 years ago

Another fine effort by a creative author. I laughed at the ending. -5-

ArdieffArdieffover 2 years ago

Love all the cynical advise from dad.

SilverWolf78754SilverWolf78754over 2 years ago

Soo, are you from Texas? I noticed the Hill Country and I-35 mentioned.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Ouch; that was dark!

Very well told - and addressing a serious imbalance; there are a lot of Bastards that need to Burn too... 🤭

AtemporaldualityAtemporaldualityover 2 years ago

Keynes died in 1946 long before the over-use of fiscal policy brought ruin upon Western Europe and later America.

While “Keynesian Economics” is generally blamed for too high marginal tax rates and big government what Keynes actually wrote as a policy suggestion to USA and UK during the great depression was marvelous.

The resurgence of “Keynsian Economics” in 2008 was actually a resurgence of post-Keynsian Economics with the bitter pill of the monterists and neo-classical casting dispersions.

Why Obama’s “shovel ready” fiscal giveaways failed to stimulate the economy is because few economist spent the time to read Keynes influence on FDR, the Truman and Eisnenhower’s administrations.

Obama gave away spending to pet projects. Not large infrastructure rebuilds.

FDR built a library in every small town in America, he created the Ohio-Tennessee Valley authority to build up the infrastructure of middle America, he re-built highways (Einsehower completed the interstate) and he put rest-stops and national parks for Americans moving for new jobs.

In Los Angeles the FDR funded the public works project of the Colorado River Aqueduct a 242 mile long siphon. LA then became a massive manufacturing hub of planes, ships, farming, and new good paying jobs.

In Rochester NY deep into Canada and all the way down to Jacksonville Florida the government extended the railway and made the largest industrial park world had every seen right before WWII.

While Nazi-Germany main transpotation system of troops into Beligum and France used horses and bicycles, they lacked enough mechanized vehicles to move their troops.

The road systems throughout Europe through the World War II utilized horses. Except for one nation who had the trained mechanics, logistic support know-how, radio tower builders/operators and the United States could produce battleships and aircraft carriers faster than Nazi-Germany could craft a armor divison.

We also subsidized every nation of the Allies, including Soviet Union by building fighters for them.

Americans with piloting experience and radio operators and signal/intelligence officers dwarfed Japan and Nazi Germany.

Rochester Institute of Technology offered free night school to any man or woman who wanted to learn tech skills from film, photograph, radio, engineering, plumbing, civil engineering, mass printing, etc…. Many larger cities had programs such as this.

This is what FDR utilized Keynes ideas to build. A futuristic economy. Training people not in old skills, but in cutting edge skills.

By 1942 we had an unstoppable economy that made European smaller-minded planners with austerity mindsets, We weren’t the best military at the beginning but we stunned the world by winning a two-front war without many casualties.

Many of European and even Japanese planners came from mostly from Austrian School of Economics and this meant they didn’t understand nor adopt the policies that surged the US (and UK) ahead. Even Stalin adopted new policies by 1945 that rebuilt the USSR into a socialist republic.

Today, oddly enough, Germany and Japan have adopted a Keynsian approach to fiscal policy and use the dual-education system that is far d intelligent population of hard-working men and women who had the skills and the educational resources and trained juggernaut.

AtemporaldualityAtemporaldualityover 2 years ago

Shit sorry, I got cut off. Anyway, just saying Keynes and FDR did a lot of amazing things by the time of their deaths in 1946 and 1945 respectively.

But they get blamed for the failure to understand what it was they built.

I REALLY ENJOYED YOUR STORY, BTW. HAHAH. Just wanted to comment on Keynes and bring a fresh perspective.

I got cut off and pressed send accidentally, so pardon my grammatical errors.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Marriage as a business... what a dreary, numbing existence. I just can't imagine anything going wrong or someone wanting to escape such a travesty of decay... did their kids even know who their parents were... probably the nanny.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

That's a story and manner of presentation truly unique.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Excellent; great premise, outstanding story, good outcome for the cheaters who were clearly intending to murder "Daddy" or daughter/wife (still not entirely clear which one was going to get it though I am leaning towards wifey, whose death would have spent her father into a tailspin). In any event, the two cheater got a richly deserved fate in view of the fact that they were going to kill wifey (or maybe Daddy). 5*****

Po8pPo8pover 1 year ago

Fuck! This was downright cold and heartless but if a motherfucker comes after your head, you sure as hell are entitled to doing whatever it might take to preserve your skin.

To hell with all cheaters

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

This is an unusual, but interesting, effort. There are really only 2 developed characters (father/daughter), but that's more than you get in most 3 page stories. Much of the "economics" isn't economics (MBAs are not really much educated in economics), but rather B school heuristics and platitudes. The Keynes riff is really bad, but so is the General Theory, which as reworked by Samuelson and many others over time, created the rhetoric (masquerading as expressions of "scientific economic principles") that has led to the impending demise of the US economy. Nevertheless, the arc of the plot was engaging and the resolution was satisfying. 5

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Clever, as well as thought provoking. LP

ScorpioJJScorpioJJover 1 year ago

Good. They deserved it but I think it would have been better to get them arrested for attempted murder and have them completely destroyed professionally and in his kids' eyes. The organ harvesters angle is unique but gross. If you knew about an operation like that, morally you should try to bring them down. All the innocent people that fell victim after is on her for not doing anything.

Hiker66BikerHiker66Bikerover 1 year ago

So just because poor old Ralph has been a bad boy by bonking the office trollop, wifey despatches the scoundrel and his squeeze to the city body snatchers. Gruesome! I’m now waiting for one of those cold case TV shows to reveal what exactly happened to the poor sap before we’re told that wifey is serving ‘life without parole’. Seriously this was an enjoyable but dark read. 4 stars and thanks for sharing.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

5 stars. They got what they deserved!

jopstorn(1945)

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Harsh. Yikes.

mariverzmariverz11 months ago

divertido, quizás si lo mantuvieras simple, sin tanta rimbombancia serias realmente extraordinario.

pero, si es el estilo que quieres adoptar, ¿quien es uno para criticar?

gracias por tu tiempo-

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

Wow! Good one well done.

Just_WordsJust_Words9 months ago

The organ harvesting angle alone is worth 5*****! Plus, I liked how she broke it all down to business decisions. Good story.

lc69hunterlc69hunter9 months ago

A good head on her shoulders

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

Oh that one of her kids figures it out and feeds her to a shark.

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

What a homicidal bitch. Would that someone that mechanical gets disappeared herself. Horrible

VersatekVersatek7 months ago

"Revenge is a dish best served cold."

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

What Just_Words said.

Great, well constructed yarn. Definitely five stars.

EgregiousEgregious5 months ago

Great read. A ruthless business woman to the end. I loved the line, "it ate away at me like a worm in the apple in the Garden of Eden."

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Wow. Now that is a blistering BTB. Usually not into the murder revenge buy given what Lisa and Ralph planned, the organ harvesting seemed much more palatable. Wow. Glad she got happiness in the end. Brutal. 5 stars.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

Never like death as a solution to cheating. Cheaters need to live a long life full of regrets.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous