Running into Former Crush

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Hey there. Was hoping you might have a good Italian restaurant recommendation?"

Lacey felt a knot in her stomach, a school yard crush coming back to her. The need to over analyze such a mundane and lackluster text.

"Giovanni's, for sure," was all she could muster to text back.

"Thanks! Hope you've been doing well," Sean quickly responded.

"It's a bit of a hole in the wall though. So not sure what type of occasion. I could probably have better suggestions if it was for a date or something," Lacey responded, trying to conceal her jealousy that a practical stranger she barely knew at this point, might have the audacity to date someone. She rolled her eyes at her own ridiculousness.

"Haha. Hole in the wall works, it's not for a date," Sean responded.

Lacey sighed. Why did she care? She was a married woman. Obviously someone as insanely good looking as Sean was going to be dating. Did it make any difference to her?

She thought about how to respond, putting too much thought into such an innocent conversation when her phone buzzed again.

"How's your day been going?" Sean asked

"No complaints on my end, just boring daytime TV. How about you? Don't you have kittens to rescue from trees?" Lacey smiled to herself at her attempt at playful flighting.

Sean quickly texted back, and the two became lost in text conversation. Over the next 30 minutes, they would text each other about their day, which expanded to their lives since high school. Sean had gone into the military after college for a few years, and was back in town to take care of his mother who had fallen ill. Lacey gave him the whole story of her and Pete's relationship, and in an odd way, felt reassured to discuss her husband.

She had started the conversation nervous, but the more she talked and caught up with Sean, the more she felt relaxed and not guilty whatsoever. The conversation really was friendly, and she felt good to have someone to talk to.

"Well it was great talking with you, but I've gotta run to the gym," Sean said "Let's get together sometime soon."

"I'd like that," Lacey responded back, as her mind drifted to the thought of Sean working out and she smiled to herself.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Babe, I've got too busy of a schedule to meet up with some guy from school just so you can set him up with Katie," Pete spoke with authority, which was rare, as the two were cleaning up from dinner.

Lacey had broached the subject of taking Sean up on his offer, under the guise that she wanted to set him up with Katie.

"I know you're busy, I just thought it'd be nice to get out a bit, beyond just us two," Lacey snapped back.

"I'd like to too, but dinner with Sean Phillips doesn't exactly sound like a great time," Pete rescinded, "I wouldn't even know what to talk about with him, I barely knew the guy."

"Well it sounds like a good opportunity to make a new friend, one that isn't a stuck up lawyer," Lacey responded without thinking.

"Those stuck up lawyers, and my relationship with them, help pay the bills Lacey. I know you're not a big fan of them, I'm not either, but it is what it is," Pete said.

"Listen, I don't want to fight," Lacey used her typical response to try and avoid an argument. She really did try her best to avoid fights with Pete, as she always had a fierce loyalty to him,"but can you just think it over and make it work? I'd like to make some new friends, and it'd be nice to possibly have a future couple to go on double dates with," Lacey spoke softly.

"I'll see what I can do, Lace," Pete spoke back dismissively.

She could tell Pete was in one of his moods, which he often was after a hard day at the office. She tried not to hold it against him, but sometimes it rubbed her the wrong way about how much work he brought home to her.

Pete could tell he had snapped back too rudely and walked over, kissing Lacey on the forehead.

"I'm sorry, I really will see what I can do," Pete said.

"Thank you, honey," Lacey smiled back.

Later that night in bed, Lacey tried to smooth things over, as she hated going to bed with any possibility of anger. She approached Pete in bed wearing her very small and revealing nighty

"I was hoping maybe I could make up to you for our little argument today?" she said in a sultry manner as she got on the bed.

"I think I might like that," Pete spoke back awkwardly. Although his appearance had changed for the better since the first 2 had met, his awkwardness in bed hadn't.

Lacey smiled as she leaned in for a passionate kiss. The two proceeded to make love for the first time in a few weeks, a common wait time lately. She knew it always put Pete in a better mood and helped relieve some stress from work, even if he was the one who got more pleasure out of it than herself. It pleased her to know she could make him feel better at any given time.

Pete rolled over after finishing on top of Lacey.

"How about we set something up for next Friday? Should be an easy week at work, and you can get the ball rolling on Sean and Katie," Pete said, out of breath.

"Sounds great," Lacey said back eagerly. She reached over to turn off the bedside lamp, smiling to herself, pleased that she was able to get what she wanted.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The next morning, after Pete left for work, Lacey texted Sean, asking him to dinner for the following Friday night. After a few hours, she got back his response

"Friday would be great. I do have a shift earlier in the day, so I need to stop and shower first, so could we do something later at like 8?"

"8 PM works," She said.

"I'm excited," He said. "Will be great to make some new friends."

"Me too," Lacey smiled as she responded. And she really was.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Over the course of the next week, Lacey felt happier and more excited. She had continued to text Sean, and seemed to be pleased at the prospect of having a new friend. He was just as she had remembered from school, in terms of charm and kindness, and it made her smile whenever they would text.

She could tell Pete wasn't as thrilled to have dinner, but it made her happy that he was willing to put in the effort so they could both get out of the house. Pete was always a shut-in, and although Lacey mostly aligned with his personality in this regard, as she had gotten older she had felt more of the urge to get out and about. In her mind, it was making up for lost times.

The Thursday before their planned rendezvous, Lacey was cooking dinner when Pete came in in one of his moods. She could tell right away it had not been a good day.

"What's wrong, honey?" she said concerningly.

"I'm really sorry, Lace, something came up," he said, almost guilty.

"What?" Lacey responded.

"The client moved up the meeting, and I have to fly out in the morning," Pete said as he put his stuff down.

"To St. Louis? On this short notice? Are they out of their mind?" Lacey said, clearly upset. She couldn't tell if she was upset on Pete's behalf, or her own.

"Trust me, I know. No one is happy about it. But you know how big of a case this is. My hands are tied," Pete said.

"What about our plans tomorrow night?" Lacey said, sadly.

"What plans?" Pete responded.

"The dinner we were going to have with Sean," Lacey was somewhat surprised he forgot.

"Oh that. I thought you meant something more important. We'll just have to reschedule," Sean said dismissively.

"On one day's notice, kind of rude," Lacey snapped back.

"I don't know what you want me to say. My job is more important than catching up with some douchey guy from high school. He can wait,'' Pete responded in an annoyed fashion.

"I know, it's just I was looking forward to getting out of the house," Lacey said.

"I know. I'm really sorry, trust me. You know how much I hate being away from you," He kissed her on the forehead, trying to calm down from the stressful day.

"I know it's not your fault, I'm sorry," She responded.

"You should still go out. Just call up Katie and use our reservation. One of us ought to have a fun Friday night," Pete said.

"Yeah, maybe I will," Lacey responded.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The next afternoon, Lacey sulked around the living room after Pete had left for his flight. She wasn't mad at him, she knew his job was just like this, but it annoyed her that it would sometimes come at the expense of their plans. She knew she was being silly, and that without Pete's job she wouldn't have this house or life, but she couldn't help but think it was unfair.

Sean had been very kind when she had texted him the previous night, and had no issues rescheduling. She felt like she was wasting his time though, and went overboard with apologizing.

She had made plans with Katie based on Pete's suggestion, and hoped that a night out with her friend could take her mind off things and let her unwind a bit. She had been stuck in the house all week and was looking forward to dolling herself up and having a few glasses of wine.

She had recently bought a little black dress and had it layed on her bed, as she was in the bathroom doing her makeup in her black lace bra, and matching black lace thong. It seemed a bit much for a dinner with a friend, but Lacey had dealt with insecurity for so long, it felt so nice to dress and feel sexy.

As she was putting on her eyelashes, her phone buzzed. She glanced down and could see the name "Katie".

"Hey can we reschedule until tomorrow or even Sunday? My head is killing me after work today" The text read.

Lacey sighed and looked at herself in the mirror. What a complete waste of a Friday night.

"Sure, hope you feel better" She typed back quickly, dropping her phone in frustration

At least the pizza boy will get to appreciate how I look, she thought to herself, as she quickly pivoted to a night in. Just as she was going into her closet to change into something a little more comfortable, her phone buzzed. She assumed it was Katie apologizing, as it wasnt like her to cancel, but something in the pit of her stomach made her look down, where she saw the name "Sean"

"How's next Friday work?" the message said.

Sean had previously told Lacey he would search for another date to make work, and was just now getting back to her.

Lacey looked over at the dress sprawled out on her bed, then glanced in the mirror to see her makeup filled face.

Without thinking, she quickly typed back

"Actually, how about tonight? I had plans with a girlfriend but they just fell through," She hit send without even thinking.

It didn't take long for her to receive a message back

"Sure, that sounds great."

Lacey's heart was fluttering. She quickly opened up her messages to Pete, typing up something very quickly, her hands shaking

"Hey, Katie canceled. I'm going to meet up with Sean if that's okay?" She typed, as her thumb hovered over the send button.

She took a second and deleted the message. This was dumb. It was an innocent dinner with a new friend, one that Pete should've been there for anyways. She wasn't going to ask for permission to have an enjoyable Friday night, and there was nothing to feel guilty about.

Lacey stood up and slid on her black dress, grabbing her phone once more. She typed back and hit send

"Great, see you at 7."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Lacey snorted an awkward laugh at Sean's story as she sipped on her wine. The two had been at dinner for an hour, and she was having a great time. She didn't know why she was so nervous, or felt any type of guilt, to begin with. This was a fun casual dinner between friends.

"You didn't," she said, still laughing.

"Oh I did," Sean laughed back. He was looking mighty dapper this evening, in a button up shirt and jeans. It was casual, but he pulled it off well. The shirt hugged his large arms very tight, and he looked extremely handsome.

"I'm really glad we were able to make this work," she said.

"Me too," Sean responded. And he really meant it. When he walked into the restaurant, he was quite taken aback by the looks of Lacey. He had seen how attractive she was in the grocery store, but her long legs in a tight black dress had given him more of an idea on how incredibly sexy she was. Her dress wasn't low cut, but it hugged her chest in a way that did little to conceal her very large breasts.

"I'm glad your husband was okay with us still meeting up. Jealousy is not a good quality," Sean took a drink out of his beer.

Her husband, right. Because obviously she did the right thing and told him about her plans. She blushed, slightly, embarrassed at his misstep.

"Yeah, he's a really good guy," she spoke back.

The waiter set the bill down, and Sean quickly picked it up.

"Please, let me," he said with confidence.

"Oh no, that's ridiculous. Let's split it," Lacey stuttered back.

"You and your husband can pick up the next bill, I promise. I look forward to hanging out with you guys. It's so nice to have some familiar faces, the town has changed so much," Sean responded.

"Sounds like a deal," Lacey smiled, staring at his handsome face as he signed the bill.

"Thank you so much for saving my Friday night, I would've been on the couch eating a pizza right about now. This was much more fun," she said.

"That doesn't sound like a bad night at all," Sean responded, looking up at her and smiling.

"It's just nice to get out, you know? I feel so cooped up sometimes. I know it's silly, but it feels good to get out and about," she said.

"I completely understand. You look so beautiful too, I'd want to show off to the world as much as I can," He laughed, trying to dismiss his "beautiful" comment.

Lacey blushed.

"You're very sweet," she spoke softly.

Sean walked Lacey out to her car as the two continued their fun night of conversation.

"Well really, thank you so much. This was fun," Lacey said as she approached her car.

"Anytime. It was great seeing you," He reached in for a hug as she reciprocated, closing her eyes and biting her lip at the smell and touch of him.

Lacey looked around at the parking lot before opening her door.

"Where's your car at?" she said as she opened her door.

"Oh I Uber'd here, my car is in the shop this week," he said back, matter of factly.

"Oh my god. Why didn't you tell me," Lacey acted embarrassed. "I could have picked you up, or we could have done something closer to your place."

"No, nonsense. It's not bad at all. Just a 5 minute Uber ride away. Really, it's no big deal," he said, trying to dismiss her concerns.

"Oh come on, at least let me drive you home. You paid for dinner. I can't have you sitting in a parking lot for god knows how long," she pleaded.

Sean looked around, as if he was contemplating her request hard.

"I wouldn't want to put you out, it's late," he said.

"Shut up and just get in," she said with a smile..

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Just right over there," Sean pointed at an apartment building as Lacey turned the steering wheel.

"Thank you so much. Really appreciate it," Sean said as Lacey pulled into a parking spot.

"I'd invite you in for a night cap, but I'm a little too embarrassed over the mess that is my apartment," Sean blurted out. He didn't even know what he meant by that, as this clearly was a married woman, and this wasn't a date.

Lacey's eyes widened at the request. Was Sean trying to get her in his apartment, or was he just being kind? Her hands gripped on the steering wheel. She glanced down and saw her wedding ring and quickly snapped back into reality

"Maybe another time," she responded meekly.

"Of course," Sean responded quickly, already knowing her answer was going to be no. "Well thanks again, really great seeing you."

Sean unbuckled and got out of the car. Lacey's eyes followed him admiring his forearms under his rolled up sleeves as he closed the door.

Lacey's heart was pounding a mile a minute as time seemed to slow. She continued to watch Sean slowly walk towards his stairs as the pit of her stomach turned. She rolled down her window

"It's still early. Just 1 drink," she blurted out, without even thinking.

Sean whipped around, equally as stunned as Lacey at the quick turn of events

"Yeah, of course," he motioned for her.

Lacey smiled as she quickly looked in the rear view mirror, giving herself a once over. She adjusted her dress and stepped out of the car.

"Might as well make the most of the night," she said, her voice quaking, unsure what she truly meant.

"You and Pete can return the favor next week," Sean said, gleaming with a smile. The mention of her husband should've made Lacey feel guilty, but it oddly made her feel better, as if there was nothing wrong with going into his apartment.

The two walked up the stairs in silence, as if the weight of the night was weighing heavy on them. Neither of them expected their Friday night to end up in this spot, and neither were quite sure what it exactly meant.

Sean unlocked his door as he turned to Lacey, "Sorry again about the mess."

Lacey entered the apartment, her stomach tight with anxiety. When Sean flipped the lights on, she got a good look at the bachelor's apartment. It looked nice, albeit one she would expect a single guy to have. His bench and weights were over in the corner, which Lacey eyed with her peripheral vision.

"Not so bad," she said, her voice still nervous.

"Thanks. Can I get you a drink?" Sean walked past her towards the kitchen, throwing his keys on the counter.

"A beer would be great," Lacey said, as if she was a typical beer drinker, or really cared what he provide her.

"Sure, no problem. Please, take a seat." Sean said.

He motioned to the living room as he watched the nervous housewife in her tight dress walk slowly towards the couch. His eyes glued to her ass as it swayed. He had been in this situation a million times with other girls, but he truly hadn't been trying to win over the housewife or bed her. But now that she was in his apartment, what move, if any, should he make? Clearly she was unavailable. Sean had slept with taken women in the past but it was never something he strived to do or was proud of. In his mind, the girl was going to cheat regardless, and it wasn't something he should feel too guilty about.

Sean walked over towards her, choosing to sit in the chair next to the couch, handing her a beer.

"Here you go," he said as he handed it to Lacey.

"Thanks," she responded with almost remorse, as if it was wrong to even take a drink offered to her.

"You okay?" Sean asked, feeling some tension.

Lacey paused.

"Um. I lied. Or not lied, I guess I wasn't forthcoming," she said.

Sean sat back, eager to hear what she meant.

"So Pete thought I was going out with Katie tonight. And when she canceled, and I made plans with you, I didn't exactly tell him," she said, sighing heavily.

"Oh," Sean said, unsure how to respond.

"Yeah, so if I seem a little off, I guess I just don't know what the etiquette is here," she said, still nervous.

"Hey," Sean called over to her so she'd look up," I get it. But if I could take a guess here, I assume he probably would've loved you going to dinner with a guy while he's out of town, and you didn't tell him so he wouldn't be out of town and jealous at the same time."