All Comments on 'Sabine Draws Gun on Walker'

by Egmont Grigor

Sort by:
  • 14 Comments
SwedeqSwedeqabout 15 years ago
Editor!

EG,

I have read several of your stories and while they are quite entertaining they all need one thing...... An Editor!

Please consider it.

Maitre1962Maitre1962about 15 years ago
Nicely Done!

Great stuff! :)I hope you are planning a couple more chapters ! :)

Regards,

Maitre

AnonymousAnonymousabout 15 years ago
Please Edit First

Whilst an overall good story, the lack of editing left confusion and often bogged down the story. The pacing was a bit rushed and the details were occasionally overwhelming. Finally, this reader was left with confusion if the author was going for a romance novel or the start to a series of sex stories. On the flip side, the characterization was very good. Thank you.

Egmont GrigorEgmont Grigorabout 15 years agoAuthor
Answering Anon USA

I can't believe it... 'pace a bit rushed'

and 'details were occasionally overwhelming'. Where do you live? In a bird cage? The story was about young people with bounce and believe me it's possible to generate romance AND have wall to wall sex. But your use of 'Whilst' and the lovely 'Thank you' at the end suggests elderly thinking. It may be better for your health if you don't read me. And I guess you know what to do with your get-an-editor comment. And that does for anyone else trying to foist an editor on me. Just accept you are reading good fiction as it was written. Have a lovely day.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 15 years ago
Pesky reader curse strikes again,

how dare they eh Egmont? Obvious senility to dare suggest that your latest masterpiece might benefit from an editor. The ungrateful swine. -- UK CYNIC

Egmont GrigorEgmont Grigorabout 15 years agoAuthor
Reply to UK Cynache

For for cynicism 25 marks seemed rather low since you were marking yourself. Not proud of your contribution eh?

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 15 years ago
A very excellent story pushing reality but good

My only problem is the misspelled words and some wording. Either a proofreader or editor would eliminate the problems. It is very difficult to edit your own word as you know what you expected to say and read right over the errors. It is a very common problem in writing. You are right, I do and have written things but not on Lit. This story is one that actually asks for another chapter. Red

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
Thanks

A fun read, as are most of your efforts.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
Quite good

Very interesting story. I liked the plot and character development. You could use some help with grammar and spelling. Several writers say they don't care about such things, but if you have a good story line, why not do the work to make it right for your reader? Thanks Mike

fanfarefanfareabout 9 years ago
edit out the editors

Most spelling problems are caused by spellcheck and other word processing functions that automatically replace words.

These programs are homophone-phobic , cause the programmers who code them are required to be illiterate.

All too often, work being edited looses the original tones or quirks of the author. If you are too damn lazy to think about what you are reading (Context is King!), why do you even bother?

I discovered this phenomena of over-rated and incompetent editing many years ago. First in an (expensive!) Astronomical Atlas for myself. Then again when shopping for a geography atlas for my twelve year old grand-daughter for school.

How the fuck does anyone with a college education fuck up simple geography? God-dammit, the continents ain't moving that fast!

Serious blunders and errors of fact abounded in both books. Even on the same page, garbled information about the same item was different and contradictory!

And both books (publicly published, printed and distributed for sale), had several pages listing professional editors, their professional credentials and their professional awards. In excruciating detail.

Since that time, I have had a very low opinion of the publishing industry and the self-serving self-congratulations of these so -called editorial experts.

griz375griz375almost 8 years ago
Well I started reading this . . . . .

but a few hundred words in it was obvious no one proofed or edited it. I thought . . . . Hey! I've got some time! I'll give it a little nudge here and there and see what EG thinks. Can't hurt right?

Sorry . . . I downloaded it, formatted and then stared to edit . . . no joy - way too scattered. Even the issues are haphazard, let alone the story.

I'd try to finish an edit but anything I can't do well, I don't do. Perhaps . . . . . no just carry on as you are. You seem happy in your space.

CIAO!!

BFN!!

Aussie1951Aussie1951over 6 years ago
Sorry by my negativaty

My word you were a busy little beaver between 2005 and 2009, so whats happened since? I don't know whether to leave a comment on this story or not..This being the first story I've read of yours my comment is no different from the others regarding spelling errors, editing. etc. But what surprises me the most is, I could quite understand if this was your first attempt at writing but bloody hell this was written in 2009 one of your last of many stories that you've written. I shudder to think what the quality of your first stories were and I'm certainly not going to find out that for sure. its a shame really because this storyline and your characters were in fact very good and a sequel would have been a must but alas since your last post was eight years ago I wont hold my breath. Disappointed really,after four years of writing I thought the quality of your writing would've and should've been better...Sorry, a very lucky 3 stars which could quite easily have been 5...

r

MrmacjrMrmacjrover 5 years ago
Great Story

I enjoyed the premise and execution of this story. I do not know if you still monitor the comments on your stories or not. I have seen some other authors that appear to be the same as yours with a year listed in the name. Keep on writing

woodrangewoodrange10 months ago

Nice little story very enjoyable

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous