All Comments on 'Safiya's Initiation'

by roftlheory

Sort by:
  • 3 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

I really like where this was going. The fantasy/ritualistic/parallel history aspect of this and similar stories has always intrigued me. I hope that “The end” truly isn’t and more parts are in the works. There are so many things that could be explained and worked into either sequels or prequels. What is the substance from Dawnbringer/Lightbringer? (I’m assuming they are one in the same?). What are the rituals? You put in a lot to work with and built a story that’s fitting of the “erotica” aspects of the site name, not jerk-off material. I gave this 5 stars earlier, the comments section was down at the time. I hope to see more and will look up your other stories!

MsBHaiVingMsBHaiVingover 2 years ago

I like the way that you built the world with references to the similarities and differences of other cultures and that despite being in a wilderness commune, they still participated in the world around them and included men in their lives to some degree. I liked the slow build of sexual tension and the foreshadowing of who-knew-what was to come. I liked the fact that there was loyalty, that love overcame all, and that there were no last minute double-crosses which I dreaded, but knew there was potential for. I particularly liked the way the characters came to life through their actions rather than just being fed a description of their personalities. I was a bit curious about the mother's motivation to drop everything she seemed to value so much, however. My guess would be her experiences outside the commune but it didn't say that her daughter would have the same freedom as a high priestess. Assuming they attained the position through the same ritual. The fact that it even occurred to me shows that your story, as usual, gave me something to think about though. Thanks for another great contribution!

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

This needs more. A sequel. Something.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userroftlheory@roftlheory
Erotica/Romance writer since 2011. Currently I'm no longer posting stories as I'm now selling my books on Smashwords Buy my books on Smashwords! https://www.smashwords.com/profile/view/BlackOpusInc Rate, comment or send a private message to tell me what you think of my work,...