All Comments on 'Saling to The Bottom'

by RichardGerald

Sort by:
  • 320 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
There is no such thing...

...as a sexy tattoo

Vulcan_in_OhioVulcan_in_Ohioalmost 6 years ago
Would have given it a five but . . .

Needed better proof reading. “Then she when back to the stern cabin to take her leave of the child. I followed her as far as the cabin door and ease dropped a bit.” (I know RG can do better than that; he is a good writer and I love to read most of his stories). Other issue was the tardiness of the story. Part 2 was promised 4 days ago. So four stars. Still a good score but could have been five . . . Thanks for writing.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
Hereee cucky cucky..

Viking looking guy with a wimp heart..first runs from his problems then take the whore backk..he said her whoring days are over till she covers that scar...yep..he will eat her pussy filled with cum like a icecream. Richard gerald..the second coming of matt morreau and xlegover....

Huedogg2Huedogg2almost 6 years ago
another of the WACC/RAAC stories

First I have to ask, where was the redemption? She's an admitted slut and whore and he called her a good wife. Second, I would try and get custody of my kid, only after 2 to 3 DNA test in different parts of the country. Three, Forrest Gump was smarter than the dumb ass husband in this story. Only to be proven again by keep the crew that betrayed him.

deblackbusterdeblackbusteralmost 6 years ago
@anon cucky cucky

Lol that's way too harsh. MM is just ugh. Don't even start on xlegover, that's a whole nother level. RG reminds me of DQS1. The women in his stories can definitely be infuriating.

Thank you for writing a sequel. Not sure how I felt about this one though.

ValintValintalmost 6 years ago
Thoughts

So, I get the bonding with and taking care of the daughter; that's a given (though a surreptitious DNA test wouldn't be amiss, just to make sure). It's the getting back together with the wife that I don't grasp.

I expected a reconciliation, of course, and wondered what on earth she could to earn it. When the hurricane came up, I figured she'd risk her life for him (or maybe for her daughter), showing that she has a heart and some basic grasp of that thing that humans call love. But... nope. Nothing.

Basically, the story was about him finding out that his wife was a cold-blooded lizard person in a human-shaped meat suit who had trouble comprehending how she had emasculated him and destroyed his love for her, and then they went sailing for a week and... *magic* "all the anger and pain were gone"... why exactly? And they're back embracing and living together?

I really wanted to see some redemption, something she did to earn the reconciliation, or failing that, some moralizing asshole preaching about forgiveness so he can have an epiphany.

If he got over it so easy, I have to wonder if he wouldn't have been better off just sticking around and getting his partnership. At least he would have got his money's worth from her whoring around, in that case.

PowersworderPowersworderalmost 6 years ago
Reconcile with a whore? why?

Leslie was a despicable woman. Not only was she a slut, fucking scores of men at college, she was literally a prostitute as well. She shows no real remorse for her actions, makes no attempt at atonement and even has the balls to say this to the husband:

"You are a bigger fool than I thought," she said frowning as if this development impacted her in some way, "hopefully, you have matured somewhat in your self-imposed exile."

He should have just thrown her off the boat at that point!

Why would he even think about reconciling with such a disgusting person? He knows what a depraved slut she is, he even expects her to keep fucking other men:

"Leslie's whoring days were also on hold courtesy of a long scar"

So I guess this is just a cuckold story?

SomeOneTwoThreeSomeOneTwoThreealmost 6 years ago
Wrong catagorie.

Just halfway down the first page,

it looks like this story should be under "Fetish"

not "Loving Wives".

The fetish being sadomasochism.

I'm sure it would get better ratings and comments there.

No ratings or interest from me.

ilimitadoilimitadoalmost 6 years ago
Good, not your best.

Mostly liked it and gave you 4*. Still better than I would write! I rarely every make corrections/comments since it is your story...BUT...in college if she was fat, bad teeth and eyes (implicitly unattractive) what guy would have given her thousands for her cherry...and even more where would have the idea come from in her head? Nope... ditch that part. Adds nothing to the story. Just a mistake to me.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
4*s

You are the magical wordsmith RichardGerald.

The protagonist has no strength of character, a coward who runs, then in any case submits to his wife when she catches up with him. His wife admits she is a whore, but she has money. The only reason she looks for him after 5 years is her illness can kill her. He is clueless.

Gave you 4*s. Even with the bad taste, sour notes, this was an entertaining story.

Thank you. I especially like that we don't have to wait for parts 3, 4,....12, 13....etc.

HA, Ha, ha...

AMerryman

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
conspiracy to harm?

Orian and Diane would have been long gone after they threatened me on my own boat. Sorry, this was a two or three star for me. The premise just did not work for me. Even though he continued to do the right thing through out the story, he still ended up getting the shaft from his wife and crew.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
Just funny in the end

So obvious they would get back together. It amuses me how you turn it all around and make him the weak one. Fancy running away from someone so cold and calculating that they think having sex with people he works with is fine. The only one to blame for him not being in his childs life is the wife. In the end a pathetic story about a pathetic man.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
this proves it

RichardGerald is a female snowflake.....haha god bless trump(for not being a snowflake)....... i mean really.

so he has no hard feeling about her at all? oh and blunt club snowflake logic for what he learns from a slut whore on a beach, as its all his fault for not being loving enough?

he is guilted about leaving a cunt

so he may or may not have a kid, fuck the kid, she would not even be there if the wife was not sick

A modern women is used to say being a whore is okay

Really best the thing in the world would be to have the kid die.... if women have the right to cheat and lie and abort our children, we should have the balls to walk away from them and let the world burn.

you cant save her she will be a whore like mommy and innocent men will pay the price if you try.

walk away...find someone else not white and american....so in the end he has to give it up for a cunt in training....oh yeah she is not gonna be an abusive whore like mommy...why...where is the downside to being a cheating whore married to a weak man with no self worth?

all men like the dad in this farce should die....

justwetwojustwetwoalmost 6 years ago
Appropriately titled

Thank you for writing this; you are a very good writer with an impressive catalog. It isn't your best work.

I have to ask... have you written a tale where the wife didn't cheat on her husband?

Do we need a new acronym: RBTAC (Reconciliation because there are children)?

Perhaps RBIWOSASHHBIAH (Reconciliation because it was only sex and she had his best interests at heart) would be more appropriate?

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
Husband finally realized what he had

I wish my wife would fuck my way into a promotion.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
Author can't help himself

He takes whore cheating sluts and makes them heroines! Why?

And let's throw in the chiche of unknown child just so the cheating whore could get back in his good graces.

This didn't need to be a BTB story, but why is it impossible for any man in your stories to have a friggin back bone?

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
Typos

I liked the story (I gave it a five) but the typos were a distraction. I didn't notice so many in your other stories.

266xxyz266xxyzalmost 6 years ago
Disappointed RG..

Generally love you work. You're on my faves list and I much appreciate you book that you sent me. That said, I think this is the poorest story I have ever read of yours. Loved the first part and slowly grew to hate the second. Beneath you lad. Don't be like Matt Moreau. It went from a great start to a wimpy guy. Fuk the kid..DNA for starts and even if it was his kid...so what? What precisely was Leslie doing during his absence of what 5 yrs. Who was she fukkin thru out that period? So She was going to die maybe?..awww she wanted him to know his kid. How touching. I hated the end of this. By far, in my opinion, the worst I have ever read of yours.

I love your other stuff, I'm grateful for the book but what are friends for if not to tell you the truth. This story was beneath your usually high, almost impeccable standards. Writing,pacing ect were all right on. Story sucked and by the time it ended, which I could see coming, I felt like the sloop...ruined. Maybe repaired but never the same. I can't live like that. I normally give you 5*s...this one 3*s for effort only. It sucked.

Danger09Danger09almost 6 years ago
I stopped reading

As soon as I got to the part where the whore was trying to make him jealous going out with Diane and he talking about he still loved her... I was done at that point. There's no redemption for this whore. She is LITERALLY a WHORE. she even sold her virginity. I already could see where this pussy was going. I refuse to believe the kid was his. she's been fucking people he works with for lord knows how long??. He's been gone 5 five years and he doesn't demand a DNA test? In what world? Hate or indifference should be the ONLY feelings he have for her. He's such a weak pathetic pussy. The comments are actually more interesting than the story. This garbage didn't need a second chapter.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
minus points

Minus points for introducing uneeded political bias into the story. The problems of Puerto Rico-the financial mess, the poor condition of its power grids before the storm and the corrupt politicians they elect are their own fault. Look at the recent indictments and investigations of several of their politicians including the mayor of San Juan. The $36 billion aid package sent by the Federal government is about 10 times what the island nation pays in federal taxes and equal to more than1/3 rd its GDP. Most residents pay no federal income tax.

FD45FD45almost 6 years ago
I just need to throw this out there

I am in to the point that Super Lesbian is introduced and 'anonymous charter client' is offering the sun the moon and the skies.

1) It has been THREE DAYS. He is still FUCKING THERE? (Yes, as someone who scribbles the occasional bit of drivel, I see the DRAMATIC necessity, but...HE IS STILL FUCKING THERE?) You blew your 'Suspension of Disbelief card early, I see.

2) Mysterious well heeled client whom no one has seen to spend lots of time on the ship. Are...those rails I see? If I can see those rails, why he can't is a mystery. You blew the "Blatant Stupidity" card early too.

Now to the rest of the story...

ScorpioJJScorpioJJalmost 6 years ago
Take the kid

But not the wife. She is unrepentant and when she is healed she will cheat again. RG thinks modern love should be ok with cheating and accept women who cannot be faithful. Some of his stories around these women are interesting and well written but too many have the men giving in to these women. Jail Break was a great story but the sequel had the hero going back to the cheater. Another Love was the worst story he wrote as the wife cheated while the husband was in a war zone and again was unrepentant and the husband goes back to her. The follow up re-writes by others had much more satisfying endings.

Having said all that, The Bridge is a classic and makes up for many of these other fails as that husband never forgave and never took her back.

Mari55Mari55almost 6 years ago
An ode to psicopathy and arguably feminism

On this story, the psychopath (the wife) was successfully able to shift all her blame and responsibility towards her husband, who accepted everything. In fact, he didn't need much convincing at all in what was a bit OOC for the guy who destroyed his firm but not so much for the guy who stood by the self-proclaimed whore without taking what was supposedly his for himself.

It was impossible to like the plot and relate to the characters and that's the reason I am giving this two stars. They were so alien to me and made unbelievable jumps during their thought process that it was very hard to care, especially the husband. As for the wife, once one puts its own "amoral" filter she's easier to understand.

A man should take responsibility for his actions but he should be able to speak up for himself and don't let himself be run over. I begin the masculinity topic with this because the husband was described here as a masculine Viking. Yet, he's put down all the time for doing what he did, he's assigned child-rearing duties and doesn't receive enough recognition from the female crowd. Sure, he gets to be the captain and be recognized as a leader of sorts bu all he gets is one pity-like fuck. Then let's compare him with Orian, the tall back Cuban who has a wife and kids plus a woman or two in every port. He's compared favourably with the the MC to the point that the latter believes that Orian actually hates him because he left "his" woman when Orian would never leave his own. But there's the thing, in no point of the whole story, Leslie acts as if she was the MC's woman. Quite the opposite. She always was her own woman and the MC was at best her possession but I digress. About the other males, the MC learns that a 72 year old boss of his fucked his wife and did a good job and that the dead husband of his, in-story "counterpart", was a very secure and mature man who knew how to call things as they were. In general, from the way the MC is portrayed, he is nothing less than the individual at the bottom of the social hierarchy, in particular on the male side. Everyone gets pussy on his own but not him who "pines for a lost love" all the time... An author can describe a character in any way he or she wants to but his actions and the actions of those around him, tell more about the character itself. The fact that all the character progression the MC received was done so that he accepted his place as a glorified stay-at-home dad / cuckold, didn't do wonders for him in my eyes. It's like he never grew up. It's like he's still the boy that is afraid of not finding anyone better than the whore and be on his own. He proved her right, just an anon predicted after the last chapter. The line that says that the MC expects Leslie to cover her scar with a sexy tattoo near the end says a lot because a tattoo there requires work and a lot of exposure to the artist. It's a personal preference by I don't like tattoos there and maybe, if the MC finds something sexy it is the potential sexual encounter between the wife and the artist. I don't know if it was intentional or not but I read as the definite proof of the MC's acceptance of his wife whoring hobby.

I expected something different and not the usual cuckolding storyline. Was this an unconventional "origin story"?

As for the rest of the plot, there are three things I didn't quite like that they can be described as minor issues as they were never properly developed. First, the MC's crew reaction and underhanded methods to enable Leslie's plans. That's mutiny to me and that would warrant serious consequences but the issue was never discussed.

Then, there's the paternity of the child who looks like the MC's father. Knowing that Leslie is a) amoral and b) has no qualms in sleeping with older, potentially ugly men, who is to say that she didn't seduced the MC's father in order to birth a child that she could use as a tool and leverage against her "immature" husband? Another topic that was never discussed but that added fuel to the fire. It was probably intentional going by what I read in some of the author's other stories.

Finally, not everything was as clear as it seemed with the wife as she appeared to have self-esteem issues of her own and doubt her husband's love but it was another a plot line that was shut down because, for the nth time in the story, the husband decided to make everything look like his problem and his fault - in what to me looked like a deliberate act to shorten the length of the story and weaken the plot. Anyway, there was a tale or real life report in OHW where a hot wife constantly cheated on her husband - despite being free to play "legally" - in order to see what she could get away with. She wanted to test the limits of her husband's love and see how much hurt she could inflict to him without him leaving her for good. I never knew what became of them but it became an on-and-off sort of thing. IDK if the author of this story read that tale but Leslie's constant whoring in front of her "man" could be something like that. Or maybe she wanted to force him to take action and take his rightful place as her male - something he never truly does throughout the story which is another big minus point. He proved to never be good enough for the primary lover position aka "provider of excitement" role and was instead relegated to the "provider of security, friendship and loving environment" role, ie, to being the cuckold.

So, psychopathy wins but maybe feminism too as the paradigm of masculinity was inverted. The wife was made the main provider, the one having the affairs at will, the one who knew better and the one who used the paternalist tone with her partner in a very "loving" but always assertive and educative manner and the one who had the affairs as well. The husband on the other hand acted like a whiny bitch, threw tantrums, left with no apparent reason only to be brought back after some attention was paid to him and who ultimately threw aside his wants and personal needs to take care of his child, support his wife in whatever endeavour she ever decides to undertake and overlook her affairs.

I thought this would be a story where the husband would stood up for himself and maybe would open a new page on his marriage under new rules. I expected character growth. I expected the wimp to become a man that was acknowledged, either by his wife or by others. But that was not the case. He was a doormat throughout as well as cuckold. He got what he deserved and not long into this chapter I stopped caring about him. His wife, as described by Anja, was really only good as a FB/FWB but not much as a loving wife, so I couldn't care about her and see her as a troubled wife doing mischief. The other characters were not very developed but there's so much you can write in less than 10 literotica pages. As such my rating reflects the interactions between the two MCs. I couldn't relate and didn't like what I understood. I think this sums everything up. I took the opportunity to read some of the author's other stories and they are not better so this is his style. I learned my lesson and I will stay away from this author's stories in the future.

Xzy89c1Xzy89c1almost 6 years ago
Typical gerald

Man accepts anything women does. So awful. Not sure what happened to the author but his stories are the same. Weak man, with women who screws over the man. Always a scenario no sane man would accept from another person.

FD45FD45almost 6 years ago
Okay, up to Page Three

As an aside before I wade in, I have to say that this 'fascinating character' of Diane really deserves to be shot. She isn't interesting. She is a moral monster.

"Oh...got my entertainment, I will make you cheat on your HUSBAND/BOYFRIEND, which will wound your relationship, perhaps permanently. In addition, I will make him doubt your sexuality and his potency. And I will make you forever question your sexual inclination and have angst, self doubt and self loathing...because I am a black lesbian (in a non oppressive society) and your pain and damage is soothing to my soul."

This isn't 'lesbian sex'. This is Hate Fucking.

This kind of woman is the second reason why rational men should be highly suspicious to the level of dislike for lesbians (the first is Feminist Professors)

They say you should write what you know. RG, you write horribly evil people very well. Just saying.

**

And that is a segue into your usual crappy moral posturing. This man did not 'deny' anyone anything. His ex-wife did. She knew she was pregnant: he didn't. She decided to have nothing to do with him KNOWING she was pregnant.

So the correct moral impulse is that LESLIE willfully and hurtfully denied her daughter that father figure she supposedly needed. Until Leslie needed something. She could have married another man. A very good and understanding man. But then again, she isn't a good or understanding woman. If she had a little thing called 'empathy', she would understand exactly how her husband felt, even if she miscalculated that in the beginning. She would be a lot more apologetic.

But do your female characters ever apologize for anything? Granted, I am only on page three, so there is hope. But generally, they mouth platitudes of 'I regret you feel pain for my perfectly rational actions and am saying this so you can get the fuck over it already.'

You know...sincere apologies. (rolleyes)

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
5 stars

Liked it a lot. Could have used an editor though, more than a few grammatical errors. Hope you ignore the nattering nabobs and keep posting.

FD45FD45almost 6 years ago
So to your understandable political commentary

I can understand why you feel this way. I can understand why Puerto Ricans feel this way.

However, I have just four simple words which essentially deal with this totally on all levels.

"Membership has its privileges."

dragonmann72dragonmann72almost 6 years ago
I shad a tear..

as the Annabelle fought through the storm. Where I ended up with a problem was 'Leslie's whoring days were also on hold courtesy of a long scar from her breastbone to her abdomen. In time, that would heal to be nearly invisible, and I knew she planned a sexy tattoo to hide it entirely.' If you can teach an old dog new tricks you can have a whore give it up to make her family whole. RG maybe you need a third chapter where they keep Annabelle but buy a bigger boat and Leslie becomes an honest woman and a crew mate. If not I will have to assume (bad word) that you to are from England and another cuckold writer.

FD45FD45almost 6 years ago
And as a newly divorced Single Mom can tell you when she actually starts adding up how little her alimony actually is

Independence has its costs.

You don't get to have it both ways.

silentsoundsilentsoundalmost 6 years ago
Interesting read.

About detritus masquerading as people. At least Leslie finally owns up to the slimy whore she is.

I'm curious 2 c if she will change her behavior for the benefit of her daughter and husband.

Orian is scum but Diane would certainly be getting her ass kicked on a regular basis for her truly villainous appetites.

Did Leslie have a bastard before finding her long lost cuck boy?

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
It Failed

Let me see... if he was made partner, then the deal must have been that she would continue her whoredom with the other partners... But he doesn't, she shows up five years later with his child and tries to convince him she would give up her rampant sleeping round, which started years back...... no, not believable at all

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
Appropriate title

Seems like sailing to the bottom is what you have been doing with your stories since "the bridge". Your main characters are despicable, spineless wimps, their female counterparts soulless harpies, who fuck constantly with "perfect" alpha males with no morals or feelings. Now we even have the mutinous black lesbian, and the mutinous black man whore, both stronger than the will and capable of betraying and ordering him around. Add to that someone's daughter, that is there only to make the wimp abandon the little initiative he has left in exchange for being a cowering, crawling house father, so managing to insult also all fathers that have taken that role.

Very bad, but predictable since at least the horrid third part of "another love". You have descended to a new low, congratulations. It's quite painful to see such a waste of talent, but these are your stories, what you know and like to write about.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
I forgot

Looking at the votes, you probably have the feminazi/closet gay/masochist/wimp cuck crowd well figured out. They'll give 5 stars even to this crap, as long as the male character is a wimp, ordered around by some loveless whore.

korba76korba76almost 6 years ago
Oh, puhleeeeezee...

...I'm going to vomit! Physically unable to finish....

Started reading before I knew the author.. would have approached with less expectation.

1* really rock bottom, birdcage lining twaddle, with (the usual) no balls 'men' and self seeking whorish 'women'. Thanks but not thanks!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
I Quit

Because of THE BRIDGE you were one of my favorite authors but no more as your other stories were always about wimp men that ended up groveling at the feet of the whores but this story wins the prize. As others have pointed out there are many grammatical errors as well as political statements which are not supported by facts (truth) but are typically lies; which as we know Joseph Goebbels said if you keep repeating it long enough people will believe it and the universities/colleges of the US have taken that to heart and completely embraced it.

It was best said by FD45: They say you should write what you know. RG, you write horribly evil people very well. Just saying. FD45, Mari55, and SomeOneTwoThree as well as others covered it so I have nothing new to add. I was going to give this story one star (it started at the third page) but gave it two stars because it was a fair story up to then.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
But for the typos, I enjoyed it

However, the typos start with the first word of the title and keep jarring the reader from the story line. I realize that there was time pressure because of Randi's story event and the need to closely follow Part 1, but it might have been better to wait for an editor for both parts.

FD45FD45almost 6 years ago
Hang on

Writing a story, ANY story, is DIFFICULT. And under the extraordinary time constraints is almost impossible for a professional, much less gifted amateurs like RG.

I make zero issues with the grammar and spelling problems. I go through a story 15 times and errors still get through.

So bravo to him for the courage to post this warts and all. He has clearly displayed he can do better without a deadline.

I have no issues w awful people as characters. But only a lawyer who is a criminal and from Chicago would give a wink and a nod to the moral cesspools that is Diane.

'Show me the five people you hang with the most and I will show you your character.' Some Roman guy I'm not looking up.

I did not waste my time on this story. More due to the time constraints than anything else, it didn't have the operatic impact that his other stories display.

There is a vast difference between not liking a story and RG being a bad writer. He is a very GOOD writer and I wish I had his ability at characterization and writing long.

FD45FD45almost 6 years ago

Oops. New Yorkers are just as scummy as Chicagoans.

Apologies on misdiagnosis the strain of slime

CrkcpprCrkcppralmost 6 years ago
RG certainly has a knack for pushing readers buttons

But , in all fairness , he did state on his forward of the first part of this story that he wasn't happy with the ending yet . It feels to me like it was rushed out to meet the deadline of Randi's wonderful invitational .

RG is NOT in Matt Moreau class at all , sorry to those of you with that comparison you're just wrong IMHO , but I do agree on the DQS comparison . They both tend to give their leading ladies more intestinal fortitude than the Male protags . As someone stated earlier the lead in The Bridge seemed to understand the universal mental need for some Karmic justice in our world , and I simply loved the quasi-sociopathic David Langdon in Jail Breaking , but then RG took that brillant character flaw away in the follow up .

So , in all fairness , I'd love to see a follow up on this that doesn't feel as rushed as I think this one does .

Oh , the thing about Orian , if you have a harem of women spread all over the seven seas , it probably wouldn't hurt as much if they supplement their activities , but for people in more conventional relationships , that's a whole different thing entirely .

4*'s

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago

Stopped reading when Leslie came about with the kid, not worth my time.

Freddog6601Freddog6601almost 6 years ago
What a disappointing mess

In the first chapter RG painted himself into a corner. In this chapter he just ignored the wet paint and trudged through making more of a mess. The litany of problems I find with this installment are too numerous to list not the least of which is a Morgan sailing safely in a hurricane.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
O.K.

I won't say it was great, or even good, but it was ok. Fairly easy to figure out was it's worst fault. Pretty easy to guess in the first part there would be a child involved, and you gave the illness away at,"just in case", so the only real question was will she live or die. You could have put more, or at least as much detail to the characters as you did the boat and storms, and helped it a lot more. 3*. like I said, it was O.K.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
Well...

If you gave Mike a 3 inch "but thick" penis this would be the best story Matt Moreau ever wrote. I'm beginning to think The Bridge was a fluke.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
I thought it was excellent 5*

Some people just like to moan.......

hindsight2020hindsight2020almost 6 years ago
Disappointed.

The first chapter held a lot of promise. This was predictable and the ending rushed.

HamsterHamsteralmost 6 years ago
Very Good L.W. Story

Finally! A "Loving Wives" story with some love in it. This was a nice story about very human characters and not just another cuckold and revenge piece. Nice work, RG!

SKHPSKHPalmost 6 years ago
As expected

The unrepentant slut / whore gets all she wants, the male victim of the marriage has to (?) surrender just because the author throws a child and a life-threatening illness into the mix. The outcomes of RG's more recent stories are predictable to the point and not a bit to my liking.

3* for the effort, but it was really "the bottom" of RG's work so far.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
Just shoot me now!

Once again, one of my favorite authors leaves me high and dry - beached as it were. In all fairness RG warned us about this ending. But, as a true masochist, I had to read it. And, once again, my nightmares came true. I found myself screaming at the screen, asking myself, "WHAT WAS MICHAEL THINKING!" More like he wasn't thinking. Since he has proven to be a runner, don't you think that when he sees Carol Lamb, even the faintest idea that he knows her would have been reason enough to move on? Of course that ends the story since the bitch never finds him. When Leslie shows up the first time, don't you think he would have moved on? Lots of places in the world to charter his boat. Maybe it was time to dump the risky Orian and his shady past. Then the greatest sin. He lets Orian and Diane talk him into taking Leslie and Kat aboard. I'm not positive how Charters work through a Broker, but I know how brokers work with truckers and the broker calls the trucker and offers him a load. And explains the load BEFORE money changes hand. I can't imagine a yacht charter broker not telling a captain before hand what the job was and who it was for. So that part seemed wrong. But, again, without it, no story. Then he lets them aboard. Really??? By the time Leslie gets to a magistrate, he's under way for Timbucktoo. End of that threat. Kick Diane and Orian off for their betrayal. Done and done. Then he just accepts that it's his kid. No tests, no Doctors, no DNA. That part really sucked. And it was downhill from there. Talk about a long walk off a short plank to surrender, Michael made it like a lamb to the slaughter. I find it difficult to believe that you let another weak willed, kinda spineless man, get railroaded by an overbearing, cheating, lying slut. Truly an awful ending. Excuse me while I thowup and go to the store to buy a new monitor. I seem to have destroyed this one in a fit of rage. One other footnote. I DID get a big laugh out of your referring to Randi as "Randi Black". I used to play ball with a guy by that name. THAT was funny shit!!!!!!!

avidfaavidfaalmost 6 years ago
A little girl died last night

in Cambodia, or somewhere else, I didn't know her, had nothing to do with her or any of her people or circumstances, but somehow it was my fault because I'm a guy and I didn't shoulder my responsibility for people I didn't even know existed.

Sheesh! I am so sick of that trope.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
Great tale

I liked the story. Seems so many readers have preconceived ideas on how a story should go and acceptable endings, any deviation is not acceptable.I look at a story more like a amusement park ride. Where it ends up is not real important but it the ride getting there that is the treat. Some rides make you sick, some put you to sleep, some are fun. As to the actual ending, ending in a way that is consistent with your values is nice, but not to important. It is just a story after all, the ending does not effect reality one iota. If it was a fun ride Great! So if there is a reconciliation that makes sense in the context of the story fine, not what I would do in real life, but who cares, this is not even close to reality. Tell me an interesting tale.

LordSlamdawggLordSlamdawggalmost 6 years ago
Home is the Sailor : Takes Long Way Home Via Tunnel of Love, Fear and Loathing Impelled by Aquatic Gravitas to Mired Happily in Customized ,Continuum of Ready-Made Contentment 8

She cheated BUT made massive amends and produced heretofore concealed but beguiling progeny . Game over. In " The Bridge " , the staying wife was still mystified by divorce after she flaunted betrayal which was motivated mainly stemming from narcissism .

Bottom Line(a) : The free-loading Literotica habitues who bemoan this author's propensity to forgive and forget are doomed mostly to be disappointed 😞 like 6 year olds who want mom and dad to install personal 70 inch big screen tv in bedroom. You want great writing AND wrathful ending ? DIY you whining bitches . Richard G. isn't a 'tuff' guy, doesn't espouse that mode or indulge in silverback gorilla forms of dominance or displays.

If he's " in a mood " , then we might just get" The Bridge ", " Becoming Mrs. Pleasure or " A Slow Dance ". I encourage all outraged critics to hold their breath until he does come through… preferably while waterboarding themselves with hands ziptied by outraged asp with fresh load of venom in fangs.

As for myself ? The story was like on level of average Tom Hanks movie . Some cheesy moments , some sterling scenes with human decency and empathy uber alles with production values and preparation far above norm ( typos aside).

I thank the author for sharing.

Redo1984Redo1984almost 6 years ago
I was getting into it.

When he accepts what his deck hand does and

then the Mrs, the first night she’s there with the daugter. She goes out all night.

(And her history) Fuck that. At least wrap up twice and say this is far as the relationship goes.

But he did mellow out and he had been high and dry for awhile.

Still enjoyed the story, just gave me some angst.

🤘

koosewatcherkoosewatcheralmost 6 years ago
Been to any storms?

Democratic Mayor of San Juan looks headed for prison. Guess stealing supplies might be illegal. Did our hero ever check for STD's? How about DNA test for

Parenthood?

Benedict12Benedict12almost 6 years ago
Setting the Standard

A beautiful and evocative tale that rewards the reader on so many different levels. RG’s unique insight into the healing power of love shone from every word. Some of Richard’s critics can not accept his unwillingness to be bound by the narrative concepts of the LW as they interpret them. Too Bad. Let the trolls take refuge under The Bridge while RG continues (hopefully) to reward his devoted readers with more of his work. My only complaint is that I hoped to write a story set on a sailboat but Richard and Adrian Leverkuhn have raised the bar too high for me.

ranec1ranec1almost 6 years ago
Mean As!!

Chur bro awesome story

green117green117almost 6 years ago
Boy this one

brings out the dogmatic sorts out there.

I always thought that RG was reporting from the NYC monied classes - and sociopathology seems rather common there... or maybe you can call it Machiavellianism. Be that as it may...

Does the people of Puerto Rico pay tax? https://www.google.com/search?q=puerto+rico+%22income+tax%22&oq=puerto+rico+%22income+tax%22&aqs=chrome..69i57.12205j0j8&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

Did Donald Trump say that not paying tax showed that he was smart? https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/trump-taxes-smart/

Now that last one I saw on live TV... so I'm not sure that a "false news" claim will hold water with me.

Koosewatcher - not finding what you claim - did you misread http://www.nydailynews.com/news/crime/ny-news-puerto-rico-mayor-arrested-corruption-20180707-story.html which is another town entirely? As for the party of the mayor of San Juan, it seems to be the "Popular Democratic Party" - which has very little to do with the Democratic Party of the US... see for example the political parties in East Germany before reunification - they all had "Democratic" somewhere in their names...

For everyone else, if you ever think "fake news" think the above and Koosewatcher... comrade Koosewatcher may be either one of those Russian disinformational internet trolls, or worse, a "useful idiot". Searching on "useful idiot" might be useful to understand the local situation.

Back to the story - Leslie was clearly a damaged individual - that the protagonist stayed by her says something, but I withhold such judgments if I either don't know them (if they are real) or speak with the author. Clearly Kat is not to blame for her mother (or her father, for that matter). This kind of story has been done before - I think RG was channeling https://www.literotica.com/s/primed-to-kill... but not so damaged as in that story..

The twist in the title was clever - the mispelling in the title was kinda unfortunate, n'est ce pas?

Green=something

SilverWolf78754SilverWolf78754almost 6 years ago
My prediction was correct.

I understand the heart tug of his daughter. My daughter is 30 years old and she has that special place in my heart no one else will ever have. I understand letting go of bitterness and anger, forgiving those who wrong you.

BUT, Leslie deserves no reconciliation. She is not sorry for anything she did. She is not repentant at all. She is only sorry she got caught. There was no resolution to core issues of why he left. Leslie is exhibiting psychopathic behavior.

Please listen the FD45's advice. A lot of your stories start off really good, then in the second chapter its like the husband has been body snatched by someone totally different. Please keep the characters consistent throughout the story.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
Less Than Smart

He knew she was a man using whore when he hooked up with her. What he didn't know was she was STILL a man using whore after he married her. The "She hurt me unintentionally" but "I hurt her intentionally" stuff is complete dribble.

I have to agree with FD45. Ex shows up, then a couple days later folks are talking him in to taking a charter he doesn't want at too good to pass up rates for a too good to pass up duration. He he knows she has got resources. Alarm bells should have been blaring in his head and spider senses tingling his nuts off. Please. Ducks quacking and walking. Fishy smell from miles away. Ray Charles would see that coming.

Nope. He should have set sail same day she showed up. Sold the boat in Florida, then flew about 10,000 miles and bought a new boat in the South Pacific. His original plan was good: get as far away from that woman as you can.

MattblackUKMattblackUKalmost 6 years ago
Great story

Thanks for sharing it with us.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
1* Another suckered story

If you think this was a great ending than you never read the story. Only good that came out of this was he got to be with his daughter and she got to know her father. He stated several times that he came out of hiding early on, but she never looked for him until 5 years even though she had the means and money before that to find him. The only good thing about the WHORE was she was loyal to her daughter. If she didn't think she was going to die, she would not be looking for him. She only thought about herself and her daughter and did not give a shit about her husband. She only cared about herself, prior to having her daughter. She said she sold her virginity to get her looks and said that she whored herself so that they could be rich. The only good outcome to this story would of been if the WHORE died. Like one of the other commenter said, that this writer starts his story's of great but ruins them by turning the husbands into WIMPS. The husband in this story is NOT A WIMP for wanting to get to know and look after his daughter, but is a WIMP for taking the WHORE back.

K.K.K.K.almost 6 years ago
Well Done

An aggravating story well told. I thoroughly enjoyed this story. Thanks for your hard work in creating this masterpiece.

KK

CaOldDogCaOldDogalmost 6 years ago
Pretty good story

You finished this story in style - very well done. 5*

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago

You write well, but the same shit every time.

Why bother?

njlaurennjlaurenalmost 6 years ago
Well written

The problem is in the end the story is kind of like a boat that has run aground teetering on the rocks, you dont know which way it is going to go. The ultimate problem is the wife doesnt seem to change, she destroys their marriage being a manipulative slut and she doesnt seem to have changed by the end. Okay seeking out hubby because of the kid is one thing, but why does she bother? She gets operated on and the hubby says she cant be a slut until the scar heels and she gets a tattoo to cover it..implying it isnt about him. How can you have a reconciliatiin when both people dont change? Okay so he is now taking responsibility, but where is her remorse? She regrets sleeping with his boss, not because it was wrong or ruined her relationship with hubby, but because he found out...and never thinking that if her hubby actually became a partner the others would treat him like shit, or how horrible he would feel,that making partner was only because his wife was a good lay.

RG is a good writer but this ending left me feeling like I had licked ashes or something. The wife fixing the boat was was meaningless, she had a lot of money so it didn't cost her much to do it, so what was the significance? What had she changed? Does she love him or loves she can use him? That just isn't in this story and that is a shame, bc this could of been so much better.

@fd45- the best description of chicago came from studs terkel, he said chicago wasnt the most corrupt place but it was the most theatrically corrupt.

26thNC26thNCalmost 6 years ago
RG

You know exactly what you're getting in a RG story, but it is still a lot of fun to read. I wish his male leads had a little more backbone, but it is , as always, his story. I'm just happy he wrote another one.

sdc97230sdc97230almost 6 years ago
Seems like a rather tenuous reconciliation

"Well things are better, but we'll have to see," is the last definitive statement he makes about his marriage before the emergencies of the storm and Leslie's surgeries take front stage, and after all has passed, where are they? Her career and her whoring days are "on hold," and his boat and his ability to live a life without her if he chooses have been restored. The only real change is that his daughter is now in his life, which could still be "in case" if Leslie reverts to her previous ways, and he recognizes that he dealt with her cheating badly by running away instead of confronting her.

So what's he going to do if she takes up whoring again? Unknown.

tazz317tazz317almost 6 years ago
ONE GOOD THING ABOUT THE BOTTOM

there is always an up for all. TK U MLJ LV NV

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago

Where does RG live so that he doesn't ever seem to manage to meet actual real, human people whom she could use as even somewhat realistic character models? Some sort of an institution?

fifteen16fifteen16almost 6 years ago
RG

RG stories, always many stars from me.

Impo_64Impo_64almost 6 years ago
This was a very good story and a good read...

This was a very good story and a good read...All said...4*

SMLlewellyn7SMLlewellyn7almost 6 years ago
A little too conventional

I am a big fan of Richard Gerald. This is well written, but needed a little bit of editorial TLC.

Overall I found it a bit conventional for an RG story. Appearance can be deceiving, but he doesn't demand a DNA test of the child? He seemed to take her back too soon for my taste. Also I needed to see her suffer a bit more. So I gave it four out of five.

I really enjoyed the first chapter and gave it a five. I think the second chapter needed a bit more time in the oven. It seemed a little under cooked.

I kept expecting a big twist in the middle.

But a new RG story is better than no new RG story.

Steve

Schwanze1Schwanze1almost 6 years ago
Start of page one

that was pathetically predictable. OTOH, maybe he will get the chance to push her overboard in the storm. :)

Schwanze1Schwanze1almost 6 years ago
Still page one

Am I ready to talk to her? I'll be ready to talk to her when I'm pissing on her grave. You and Diane are in the same category. Unless Diane seduces her and takes her away from me. Then all is forgiven. Same deal for you. Otherwise, fuck you asshole.

GrimmerGrimmeralmost 6 years ago
3.2

Decent writing. Unfortunately by the end of page 1, it became predictable. The only question at the end was whether she bought a new boat or repaired his old.

That sucked the fun right out of it.

Schwanze1Schwanze1almost 6 years ago
Still page two

Trying to provoke him? More like reminding him what a slut she is.

Schwanze1Schwanze1almost 6 years ago
STILL page 2

Why is she here? Obviously she's dying you dumb ass. She's telegraphing it like a permanent AAA pitcher telegraphs his curveball. Plus that's the literotica template. If RG writes something different in the rest of this fairy tale I'll be stunned. If RG has her die of an STD I'll raise my grade on this story even given it would be formulaic.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
Total Shit!

Just another CUNT dominating a sissy loser. No one to like in this unbelievable shit story.

Schwanze1Schwanze1almost 6 years ago
End of page 2

Annnnnd he gets further confirmation all women are faithless sluts. LOL

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
“Sal-ing”?

The first typo of many. You really couldn’t win though. Once it was overdue, I’m sure you rushed. The ending was rushed too. I wasn’t sure they were fully together or whether she still stepped out on him.

Schwanze1Schwanze1almost 6 years ago
Top of page 3

He didn't run out on a damn thing. Your story says he didn't know about the kid therefore he did nothing wrong by disappearing. Using this to load guilt on the character is BS.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xalmost 6 years ago
@FD45

"There is a vast difference between not liking a story and RG being a bad writer." - Yes, but therein lies my problem with RG's stories: He's a good writer; I WANT to read his stories; but his treatment of his male characters in the face of ABUSIVE treatment by the female characters, and worse, RG's apparent belief that this treatment of the males is correct and that they should accept it, just offends my sensibilities to the point that after reading the comments in these two stories I don't think that I will be using my reading time on them.

Schwanze1Schwanze1almost 6 years ago
Fine

but don't marry her or common law marry her without a prenup that if they divorce for any reason everything but a 100K goes into a trust for Kat controlled completely by him and he gets full custody of Kat. And don't trust Orian for shit ever again. Diane needs her throat cut for seducing married women. Ought to be a bounty on her.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
no thanks

How is it a "serious infirmity" can be used as an apology for murder? I believe this author to be of the best on site. However, he takes a dim view of penance or repentance. Why does the whore get a free pass just because (as always happens...), she comes down with some disease, or is dying? What did she lose while selling her fidelity?

Sorry RG fans, but life is a LOT more meaningful if you live with some semblance of honor.

Smokepole

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xalmost 6 years ago
I Couldn't Stay Away

He's being to hard on himself. He didn't even know about Katrina, so he can hardly fault himself for "injuring" her. As for Leslie, MAYBE she didn't intend to hurt him, but that's part of the problem - that she didn't see whoring herself out to help his career, obviously cheating on him, as hurting him!

"I should have looked back to see my daughter" - Again, he didn't know about her, so how is that on him? As he previously noted, Leslie COULD have found him sooner, but waited until it suited HER purposes.

"It's all my fault." - Unexpected honesty from a RG wife. Usually she would be excoriating him for being naive in the ways of the world.

"Leslie's whoring days were also on hold" - "On hold"? That implies starting up again!

KRD19254KRD19254almost 6 years ago

6*, and I nailed it. He never knew he was a daddy but he did the right thing for Kat when he got this surprise. His wife, well hope her surgery would scare her into fidelity, jury is still out on her changing her whoring ways. For such a smart woman she cannot see how her slutting will endanger Mike and Kat's health - STD's/etc.

RG interesting wrinkle to the story - some will condemn him as a cuck, but I see him being an honorable new father. And he missed all those diaper years...

No Visa required in St. Lucia for USA citizens, what a great place to set anchor!!!

starmanfivestarmanfivealmost 6 years ago
A very fine tale!

Superbly entertaining. Very well written all around! Ah, the tension! Easy five stars *****

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
This one gets 5* with the wish scoring offered more latitude. You weave a tale, sir...

...and in the doing introduce us to people we can connect with, relate to, and all that other litero-babble. But what it is, is we like them or hate them as the need dictates.

I’m not quite sure I get the rather sudden abandonment of his former hurt and angst over his wife’s whoring ways. I agree with our hero that at the least, Leslie should have talked with him and offered her plan. That was her first obligation as part of a married couple.

Of course she wouldn’t do that.....being a whore. She knew he wouldn’t accept or allow it....so she knew she was betraying him with her plan and her actions, with the frankly, tawdry excuse that it would secure his partnership in his firm. She took a shortcut that was risky under all circumstances and catastrophic in this case.

Not doing it this way would not have allowed you to drive the story forward as you did, or as quickly as you did, but often, when it becomes clear to an attourney that all the hard work, sacrifice and interminable hours enriching the partners is not going to net a partner slot for them, many leave for other, smaller firms, but many also strike out on their own, preferring the risks in smaller partnerships or independent practice to a lost cause.

That said, these were not typical people. They didn’t do typical things, so have not lived typical lives.

The high risk tumor ploy was a bit trite, sir.

But in all fairness, I haven’t come up with any better device to create the risk and conflict required to move the story and its characters to this conclusion.

It might be interesting to write a sidebar story describing Leslie’s behavior and thinking in the 5 year span she didn’t have her husband at hand....and probably was not actively searching. I’m not convinced she’s being very truthful in this whole thing. It has the feel of convenience and dissuasion.

And thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
I agree with Anonymous

The story is excellent but I couldn’t grade it because him fucking and taking back the dirty, cheap, open all night, slag, whore made me want to give the story 1 star, so I just didn’t rate it at all.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
Outstanding Writing

RichardGerald is a fine writer and I'm glad he or she decided to share their gift with the rest of the world. I might not care for the topic or the how the plot unfolds but that doesn't take away from a author's skill set.

Not to mention the time and effort a author puts forth in writing a story. Nevermind the poor editor (especially if it's another individual involved, then it's twice as difficult).

Thanks for sharing RG. A mighty good job of writing. As usual.

JLRemora

mordbrandmordbrandalmost 6 years ago
There is a difference between a good writer and a great one

A good writer can pull off an engaging story easily. A great one will be able to write a story that is far outside of their wheelhouse.

Therein lies the problem, RG almost never leaves his 'comfort zone'. Other than a few background changes, his characters and their outlook on life are always cast from a similar mold.

A good example of this is an author here that espoused a different viewpoint, but suffered from the same affliction as RG. Stangstar, a legend on this site, could be guaranteed to churn out massive stories that were entertaining to the readers. But his problem was that they almost always had the same outline. Whoring wife who cheats on a saint of a husband, who is invariably an engineer and lover of a titular car, then fights bitterly to stay married to the husband. The husband never reconciles and in the process of his exit/revenge, finds a new partner who is 180 degrees different from the first one. If she was voluptuous, the new woman is stick thin and vice versa. This is usually accompanied by a change of hair color to match, with the new paramour typically being a redhead.

That, in my opinion, is one of the hallmarks that highlight the demarcation between good and great. RG is a great writer but is only good at storytelling. He never challenges himself with change. So, if you like his subject matter, you will rate him higher. If you don't, you will tend to lambaste his work.

A reasonably fair example of a good writer that is an amazing storyteller, would be Jimbob44. He can spin a yarn epically in almost any genre, while also challenging himself with viewpoint changes of his characters. Yet his writing tends to be unpolished. Given the choice, I for one, find him to be a far better read than either of the aforementioned writers.

Tl;dr - If you like RG's thematic style, you are almost always going to love his tales. The opposite is true as well, if you don't care for his outlook on relationships and the power dynamic between partners, you will hate his work. There is rarely a middle ground.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
Vapid and contrived.

Your concepts of love, commitment, personal responsibility, and ethics are new age pathetic. Love is a decision and a commitment, not some disease or allergy that just takes hold of you. And actions speak louder than words, yeah, I'm a fucking genius. Or maybe you heard that before, if you had any parents.

Leslie was a whore, who thought the end justified the means. And the husband was a complete dumbshit who deserves all the pain coming his way, through his whore wife Leslie and his eventual whore daughter. Hope he likes mulatto grand children because Orion will be fucking Katrina, when he's not fucking Leslie, as soon as she turns 18 of course. No one in your story has any morals, but they all understand the rules.

Thanks for the effort. I just wish your characters had some.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
That's it? That's all?

Go through all the usual stuff just to be left hanging without actual conclusions?

Not your usual RG. Is there enough for a part 3?

FabGMxFabGMxalmost 6 years ago
A fairly tipical story of RG

All his craftwork its here. Compelling writting, he is without doubt one of the best writters in this site, thats for sure. Good legal details,a female character thats its a slut, intelectual mumbo jumbo to justify infidelity and a male character that finally cave in to the rest of the characters saying that he should took her back... given us an inevitable RAAC end again.

I will say this about Leslie, for somewhat of all the cheating wives that RG love to wrote, she is the most likeable (at least to me) she was honest as to why doesnt date him at the beggining in the university and she spend 4 years taking care of the child, only contact him after the possibility of death was very real and at the end she make ammends to her wronged husband. That being say, i very exceptical to the fact that she doesnt connect the dots between the vanish of his husband and the professional demise of her lover (one of at least two) until he reveals why he take off, i mean she was described as very intelligent and intuitive, knowing what kind of slimballs were their husband bosses, but in 4 years the possibility of him knowing about her affairs never cross her mind, nope i dont buy that. I believe its clear that the author thinks that fidelity in a marriage its an optional vow or a case for case situation (almost in favor of the wives in his stories) and in the particular universe of each story a monogamus marriage its an uncommon sight.

Well at least the happy ending in this one was more honest.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xalmost 6 years ago
@FabGMx Re: "A fairly tipical story of RG"

Yes, this is the second of my beefs with RG (The first is usual wimping out of the male protagonist). RG apparently believes that otherwise faithful wives, i.e. not simply sluts, are entitled to have affairs with powerful, handsome, wealthy, virile men, and that their husbands should expect and accept it.

This one is a little different in that it was more in the "corporate whore" mode, but I'll say the same things I say in those stories: 1) It is an insult to the husband to imply that he can't succeed on his own merits. As someone else said, if that's simply impossible, then she should support him in leaving for a new firm or striking out on his own, and 2) A firm that promotes employees based on their willingness to pimp out their wives is going to lose its best and brightest employees to more ethical firms. Yes, I know, "ethical" and law firms is a bit of an oxymoron!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
Fuck that lady

I swear to God everytime is the last time I will read a Richard Gerald story... The guy always gets fucked over and the bitch never gets what’s coming to her.

Still well written and thought out - 4 stars goddamn you RG...

FabGMxFabGMxalmost 6 years ago
@ sbrooks103xWell they are law firm, of course they dont have work ethic o soul, but thats not the issue LOL.

Well yes there is a reason as to why i only have a RAAC story in my favorites. In many works, including the bulk of RG ones, the cheating party almost never show us true remorse, repent or shame of their actions, always try to explain why things happend and if there is more characters almost everyone say that the wronged party ny¿ust forgiven AND take the other back... sorry i dont fly that way, forgive it is good to the soul of the wronged person yes. But nobody say nothing about take back somebody that stab you in the back or that it is a time limit.

RG resembles to DanielSteele of WWWM fame... there is always a excuse for the cheating wive, a free out of jail card and a husband that get screw, althoug not in the level of a Matt M story.

teedeedubteedeedubalmost 6 years ago
What a Great

and clever story. Well written as usual. Thanks for sharing.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
Super story and well written

Thoroughly enjoyed this story, and wish it were longer. Your political comment, if it really was one, could have been far more aggressive; the US‘s conduct re the Caribbean is unconscionable and deserving of severe condemnation. We should be ashamed of ourselves. Maybe, as a nation, we are no longer capable of feeling shame???

dragonmann72dragonmann72almost 6 years ago
After reading this a second time...

I believe RG needs to do a true third chapter to explain the holes. Yes Leslie admits to being a whore, but the way the story is written The 60 year old was well before they married so that only leaves the two from the law firm that Michael worked at. Yes we don't know what she did for the five years they were apart. The night in Fort-de-France is still speculation, she could have just stayed away to give them time to bond.

RG you need to write number three from Leslie's side to fill in the gaps.

If you choose to leave her being a whore I would like to think that they got divorced and just shared custody of Kat.

jlg07jlg07almost 6 years ago
WTF?

Every character in this Story except for the main guy is a awful immoral person. The wife is a whore and probably cheated to move up in her job while married, probably had sex when she went to the bar. The lesbian character is a predator who seduces women to cheat on their SO, Orian bangs different women and doesn't care that they are banging other men. The wife had unprotected sex with the boss even though she is pregnant and could catch stds from the player boss, thus endagering the life of her fetus. AND the guy, after a couple of days Forgives his wife for cheating even though it hurt him so much he just abandoned his previous life? WHAT? I know about suspending belief, but this is ridiculous. Every subtext in the story is that is ok to cheat and no big deal, just that the main character is too uptight and not "modern". BS.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous