Salt and Pepper

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Jeanie I'm not free but I'm not married," I stated. "I've just started the divorce."

I then went on to explain how it came about. Jeanie was surprised that I was forty. She thought I was younger. She too was divorced. Her only daughter at sixteen was almost on her own. She had gotten married right out of high school and was thirty-four.

I guess her father needed to size me up in his own way. He listened while looking at her plans. We told him of the suggestions I had made. His only observation was that with the changes we would be making that we had understated sales and projected net revenue. He agreed to drop the listing. Since he was selling to his daughter, there would be no backlash. He would drop the price to reflect the saving of real estate fees. Jeanie was ecstatic.

I honestly told her mother that the food she had prepared was the best meal I had in over three weeks.

I went back to my trailer while making some coffee I turned my laptop on to check my emails. The first one I read was from my daughter Caroline on the day I had left.

It read: Dad, at first, I didn't believe you. I had to check Mom's facebook. Not only did it have what she had done on it but also links about her fellow travelers' events. It was shocking when I finally understood what salt and pepper meant. Wild was right. It was a nine-day orgy with them switching partners. My husband Don says your dad had no choice but to walk away. There is no way he could accept what she has done. (I knew there was a reason I liked him.) Are you okay?

Both my sons had emailed too. Both had presented similar views. They too could not believe what their mother had done until they saw it. Both wanted me to contact them. They said they needed to hear my voice to be sure I was keeping it together.

I opened Caroline's second email written on Sunday after she'd gone to pick up her mother.

Dad, it was a nightmare. I was standing they are watching the plane come in. I noticed our local television station there with cameras. One of the lady's mom went with was the spouse of the President of Southeastern Missouri State University. Four of them got served as soon as they got off the plane. They all had to call for a taxi. Mom was relieved it was not her but knew she had been caught the moment she saw me. I just told her dad knows and is gone. She didn't believe me. I drove her home. Helped her get her suitcases in and saw the nick knack stand filled with ten mini black pepper. Once I got your point. I burst out in laughter. I gave her a printed copy of your email to all us kids with your new email address blacked out. Mom threw it in the garbage without reading it. I walked out leaving her. Love you, Caroline.

I went to Kvos twelve's web site and watched a few of their video stories on the whole mess. All five of the lady's reputations had been destroyed. By the amount of publicity, the city was in an uproar over the image the university staff was presenting. I went into the Southeast Missourian newspaper web site since I had a subscription, I read all the articles written. It was the favorite topic discussed in the speak-out forum. It was time to contact my lawyer again.

Then I went back to the emails. The next was dated the first Tues since I left.

Hi Dad! Mom is upset. I guess she figured she would get to talk to you on Monday where you worked after you had cooled off. They told her you had resigned; she didn't believe it. She sat outside waiting for you to come out. Finally, she talked to security. Their response was 'have you seen his truck?' She got home discovered the trailer gone. Went online to find your name removed from all accounts and credit cards. Finally searched the house found your tools and equipment gone. She then went and dug what I had given her out of the garbage. It must have hit home because she can't figure out why you left most of your clothes. Mom tried to email you but kept having it returned. Mom called your lawyer this morning before she could ask any questions, he asked her where she wanted to be served. I just got off the phone with her she was saying but I did it for him. I just need to talk to him so I can get him to understand. It's not a big enough problem for us to get a divorce. I told her to look at her Facebook page and hung up. Now blocking her calls. Call me, please. Love Caroline.

I sent Caroline a text message: Are you free to talk? Dad. A moment later my cell rang.

"Hi, Caroline" it's good to hear your voice. I have just read your second email." I said.

"Thank god just hearing your voice lets me know you're okay." My daughter responded. "How long did you know dad about her special trips?"

"About two months before Dean left for spring training. My hunting trip was a ruse so that I could set things up." I replied. "All five of us men worked together to get the evidence on all of them. The only thing left to do is for your mother and me to split the equity on the house. After paying off our current balances I took half of what was left and removed my name from everything. "

"Mom's not handling it well at all. I don't think she ever expected to be outed. She still believes what she did was okay." Sharron explained. "She believes she was just letting loose; so, no real harm was done because no one got hurt. She claims she never posted anything?"

"That's how liberal-minded people think," I replied. "They don't hold themselves accountable for their own conduct. They have a certain belief of reality that has nothing to do with the facts. Ask her in a moment of sanity if it would have been okay for me to do what she had done. You and I both know it wouldn't."

"Where are you and what are you doing. My brothers will want to know. Whoever heard from you first was to let the others know." Caroline said. "The good news is that you're going to be a grandpa!"

"Congratulations! How does Don feel about it? I asked."

"After he got over his excitement. He got serious. He signed up to get his CPA online. He's busy on his courses now!" Caroline said. "He's always talked about it but had put it off. We are lucky I graduate from mine in June. I am hoping to find a new higher paying job to help to pay off my student loans."

"Just for your info I'm building my new home and I'm in the process of buying a business. Other than that fact that I'm still in the state. That's is all I'm going to say until the divorce is settled. I love you and please pass on my love to Don and your brothers." I said just before I said goodbye.

I left a message with William Connors answering service asking him to call me.

It was going as I figured. Lauren was fighting the divorce, claiming no harm was really done after all it was just sex. I had to ask myself why did I ever marry that? William had said there's no way she can stop it. We got her burned because of her adultery. It can be delayed a few months he warned me depending on the Judge. I might have to be called back to talk to him. I said I'm in no rush.

Word was getting out of what we were doing with the barn, so people drove in to look. Some to offer their services. All were impressed by the quality of the work. It gave me the idea to turn it into a business. Cj was developing a real love for it. I had always enjoyed working with my hands. The timber company had gone through and leveled off all the land around the barn. They were finding the job bigger than they thought. Well, I was at the lawyer's with Jeanie setting up the corporation and buying the store. I had Cj frame out the foundation for a new workshop and garage. It was within walking distance from the house.

With the third floor finished we had the plumbing, gas and furnace people come in to do their thing. Cj realized why I had an extra height between each floor, it allowed us to hide them both between floors. It took us two days to frame in the ceilings. My new home would have eight foot to the ceiling. Another day waiting for the electrical crew to do their thing, Cj and I laid the floor in the attic and set up the strapping so insulation could be added up the side of the barn's walls. I had a glass company come in and install all the windows and outside doors. The window for the landing area had to be custom made. During this time, we built the raised patio floor with storage and installed the black iron railing all around it. I told him I was ordering a canopy that would roll out automatically over it when the sun was overhead.

I had to laugh when Cj said one Saturday after work that he had never worked so hard in his life or enjoyed it so much. When this is done, he said mom has already got a list of things she wants doing. Every time I'm off I spend too much on commercial tools and equipment.

"Cj. It takes a certain type of person to see value in what they create with their hands. It took me years to see that." I said in seriousness. "make your career doing what you love as I have learned. Now take off and I will see you on Monday."

At twenty dollars an hour, Cj was making good money and he knew it. He also realized this was a bigger job than most. The insulators and drywall teams were scheduled to start next week. Cj and I would start on the workshop since the floor had been poured. We had prepared our support beams putting them in place before the floor was poured. Once it was done it would have a five-foot walkway around it too.

On Monday we would be taking possession of the store. It was now closed for remodeling. When it opened, we would be calling it Dj's. We had negotiated with the gas companies and had gotten a better deal from having them compete. As a result, we would have six pay before you fill pumps instead of two. With an extra percent of margin profit on every gallon. There would be no more loses because of drive aways.

I had just finished showering and throwing a load in the built-in washer when I saw Jeanie pulling up. I was half-dressed wearing just a clean pair of blue jeans. Walking towards the trailer she was carrying a huge picnic basket. That was when I finally noticed her as a woman. It made me realize that I was ready to move on.

Jeanie carried herself well. Her hips had not been spread too much because of childbirth. She was a tight package. Her face was kind of slender. Her red curly hair was shoulder length. She had an inviting smile that echoed her warm heart. Her hazel eyes were still bright. A nice set of breasts but they were not so big that they would normally draw your eyes right away. She still had a frame that would make you look. I wondered about the fool that had let her getaway.

It was nothing fancy, but the food was great. Egg salad sandwiches with onions and potato chips. Two bottles of a popular wine. She seemed interested in what color scheme I was planning for the inside of the house. We walked through it as we discussed it. I don't know how she did it, but she got me to open and talk. She loved the landing with the huge window where the loft doors used to be. It looks out on the back yard giving us a clear view of the creek. Jeanie mentioned the point that it could be used for many things. It was well after midnight before she left.

It was a busy week. With each section of the wall that went up for the workshop, it meant bolting it to the concrete floor. It took two days to get it done. Next came applying the plywood to the outside and building the roof. He liked the idea of having a small office in it. Cj had fun teasing me because now that Jeanie had some free time, she was bringing us lunch.

'I thought men did the chasing Dean?" Cj said. "Jeanie's doing everything to tell you she's available. If a girl like her came after me I wouldn't hesitate."

"Cj I'm not free. I'm still working through our divorce. Until that's settled. It would not be fair to any lady for me to get involved." I said. "Men would say behind their backs that I was using them. I think too highly of Jeanie to allow that. Besides I haven't been on a date in years."

"Yes, you have," Cj said. "The way I heard it you two were together for a midafternoon picnic that lasted to well after midnight."

Dam I thought to myself the kid is right.

Friday, we had the county inspectors out inspecting the barn and the workshop. We had set up the workshop for wood heat before we could use it the fire inspector would have to approve it. We had the electricians put in a separate meter for it. I had already told him he finally got a weekend off. It would take another week for the drywallers and insulation guys to be done. Over the weekend I would be getting the commercial table saws, band saws, and routers. We were just finishing when Cj mom called. Since we were taking our first two day weekend off since we started, she was inviting me to a barbeque they were throwing the next day. I agreed and asked her what I could bring. She said cold beer.

"My parents think your pretty special," Cj said. "You gave me a chance based on Jeanie's word. I learned so much over these last ten weeks and they know it. It's just their way of saying thanks, it will be interesting to see you in something besides you lose fitting work clothes"

"Yeah, right we both know Jeanie's going to be there. She's your mothers' best friend. Those two planned it." I said with a smile. "Most likely the two of them have got something else they want me to do before Jeanie gets busy at the store again."

Cj started singing match maker match maker make me a match as he went to his car laughing. It was from the movie Fiddler on the roof. My favorite movie.

After cleaning up a few things I went into the bedroom to watch the only channel I could get. I don't remember what was on I went right to sleep.

I drove to the nearest city that Saturday morning, got breakfast at a restaurant before getting a haircut. I got my beard and mustache professionally done. She sold me a trimming set to keep it that way. I liked this new look. I went to Macy's picked up a couple of outfits. Dress pants and shirts and a pair of slip-on casual shoes. Good thing I took the time to try the pants on. I had to go to four waist sizes smaller. I looked at myself in the dressing room mirror. My potbelly was gone, I had thicker abdominal muscles, and I looked a lot leaner. I grabbed a couple more dress pants a couple of pair of blue jeans along with socks and underwear. I was once again finding pride in how I looked. Last stop was for metal tables, equipment and lumber to start building the many cabinets. My kitchen was going to be done with oak. It was the biggest section to be done. I set it up for Monday delivery. While we waited for delivery, we would build some storage sections for stockpiling of basic supplies.

At three pm I pulled into Cj parent's place after having a shower and getting changed. Cj walked out to greet me.

"You clean up real good boss." He laughed as I grabbed the beer to take it in. "Have the price tags been removed?"

We walked in together. A young lady was introduced to me. It turned out it was Jeanie's daughter Lyndia. She made me blush when she said so you're the man my mom's playing footsie with. She saw my reaction and giggled. Cj parents Mr. and Mrs. Ed Peterson were next. Ann was her name. I was surprised they seemed to be about the same age as me. They pointed out their children who were with their friends. I began to feel it wasn't set up and let my guard down.

They had a beautiful home. As more and more showed up I got introduced to them. It turns out a few had been what I called lookie Lou's out at the barn. Within the hour I had six business cards from people who wanted estimates on major work they wanted to be done. I told them all I was starting to build the cabinets and it would be at least two months before I got back to them. It seemed that all were willing to wait.

Jeanie and her parents were the last to arrive. Her dad and mom rolled on in and walked right by me. It caused Jeanie to laugh. I'd started growing my facial hair because the soon to be ex hated it. Spending most of my time working I'd neglected myself. Now I had gotten back to some sort of normalcy. Jeanie walked over to me taking my hand in hers. Jeanie looked stunning. She had pinned her hair behind her ears, applied her makeup and lipstick effectively. Was wearing a white knee-length dress that hugged her fame accenting her curves quite effectively. She had dressed to let her femininity show. It worked and I compliment her on how beautiful she looked. We were still holding hands when we caught up to her parents.

"Mom, Dad don't you recognize him," Jeanie asked? "Dad he's just like you when he gets into things. He ignores everything around him until it is done."

Steward Johnson Jeanie's father said "Well I'll be dammed. You clean up good son. I didn't recognize you without your long length hair and bushy bush."

Mary Steward added. "Dean, don't mind him. I've got pictures where he looks like an org because he was pushing himself to dam hard. Jeanie was trying to get me to help her to get you to slow down and breathe. We have been together almost 40 years and the only thing that slowed Steward down was old age."

"Gee thanks, Mom." Jeanie said sarcastically. "spill the beans why don't you."

Somebody finally handed me a cold beer. For a wimpy bud lite at least it was cold. I guess Steward noticed my look.

"I brought two 12 packs of my favorite stout Guinness." He said

I turned to Jeanie and said "can you drink this? I haven't even had a sip."

She took it and off Steward, and I went. We found a couple of large beer glasses. He liked a lot of foam I didn't. We each got what we wanted because we poured our own. We returned to join the ladies

Mary said "Can you believe it, for years we have had one idiot who loves to drink tar. You meet Dean and he gives your father some credibility. Now I will never get him to stop drinking that shit."

"Most beers are designed for guzzling. A good stout is a proper man's sipping beer." I said in defense. "It leaves you filled and not wanting more."

"Were you a car salesman before you moved here?" Mary asked. "because it sounds like a lot of baloney to me."

"Well it's like a woman's breast one's not enough and three is too many." I countered her with a grin.

I got her good because Mary blushed. Both Jeanie and Steward started to laugh.

"Mom it looks like Dean can give back just as good as he gets," Jeanie said with a big smile. "You're going to have to watch yourself around him."

I ended up helping Ed who was doing the cooking. He had slow-cooked pork beef and chicken. I took over the flat iron grillwork. Anna had a choice of vegetable set out. She had a huge pile of half-cooked potatoes. I asked her what her plan was. She said surprise me. I asked her to bring me a bag of red onions if she had them, she did. I went to work.

Jeanie and Ann sat watching me cutting up the vegetables keeping them separate from the potatoes. I guess my knife work was surprising them. Ed told me I had thirty minutes before he would start serving. I said perfect. I cut the potatoes for a quick fry in butter. Just before lifting them into serving bowls I would touch them up with paprika, salt pepper onions, and cheese. The barbecued salad I made with everything cut in equal portions of three different types of peppers, snow peas peeled okra corn onions and tofu. After grilling I covered them slightly with a home dressing made from Worcestershire sauce, honey mustard, and vinegar. It was my play on a Mexican dish. Both were simple dishes but were a hit. Someone said Jeanie's got herself a man that can really cook.

It was later after most of the crowd was gone that the four of us were sitting down. Ann and Ed thanked Jeanie and me for our help. I don't know who brought it up. It was strongly suggested that we all go to Branson for a weekend before the store got reopened. I listened to them make their pitch and finally, I agreed.