Sam Spade 11: Case of the Blue Ice

Story Info
Sam searches for the Blue Ice and finds an unexpected foe.
22.3k words
4.73
4.9k
6
0

Part 12 of the 28 part series

Updated 06/08/2023
Created 07/06/2017
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

This story is copyrighted 2010 by Kaereni, may not be excerpted, reprinted, reproduced, or reposted in any form without the express written consent of the author. Visitors to this web site may read or temporarily download pages but are not permitted to modify or re-distribute them.

The story may contain sexual activities and situations that are to be read only by readers above the legal age of consent. All characters are above the age of 18. The story is not to be read in locations where such stories are illegal. If you are not of legal age, or live in the wrong place, please do not read.

Author's note: This story in the Sam Spade saga is slightly different than the others. It includes more back-story of the different people in Samantha's life. This is for the readers who are new to the characters and do not know their histories in detail.

*

It was supposed to have been my big night. The girls out did themselves preparing for the dinner party. They even went as far as staging the call to the meal and seating of the guests. Everyone was dressed in latex, including Lenny aka Don Brice and Sue as well as Jason and Maradith. Maradith had become my mother is more ways than I could count in the short time I had known her. Tonight was to be my unveiling followed by an exploration of my new found abilities. However, it was not to be.

Maradith and I had just shown our true forms when an explosion outside shattered the windows in the front of the house. In mass, we rushed outside to see what had happened only to see and hear a second even larger explosion happened next door at Don Brice's house. Though about a half mile separated our two residences I could still feel the heat from the resulting fireball that rose. Kitten, Tigress, and Jason hurried over to investigate while most of the girls tended to Sue and her daughter, now known as Jade.

Don Brice turned towards me and said coldly, "Sam. Find out who did this, I don't care how much, I don't care who. I want their heads on a platter..."

Smaller explosions rocked the scene of destruction as we watched. Don Brice started moving towards it as he said, "I gotta go check..."

Standing in front of him, I stopped him. Angela quickly stepped up and helped me. I tried to think calming thoughts and scents for him to smell, as I said, "No, it is too dangerous. Please wait until Jason gets back."

He started to move around us when Maradith stepped up, "Listen to Samantha, Lenny. Your duty now is to your wife and daughter."

He looked at her as his shoulders slumped. Gone was the mob boss and in its place the tired old man reappeared. "Yes, yes you are right." He said looking around.

Heather moved forward and took his arm, "Come with me Lenny," and led him inside.

Looking around I realized that only Angela, Maradith, and I remained outside. Looking at Maradith I said, "How did you calm him?"

"Simple Samantha, same as you, except you forgot to use your voice also." She smiled slightly, "Don't worry daughter, you will learn in time."

I felt a warm flush of pleasure at being referred to as her daughter. Angela looked at me and said, "Now what Mistress?"

Before I could answer, Tigress followed by Kitten came running back. Both stayed in cat form as they jumped into Angela's and my arms, shivering violently. Following behind them walking slowly was Jason, his maroon latex outfit smoke and heat damaged. His look said at me, "Dead, all dead..." He looked back towards the burning building in the distance as he spoke, "From the looks of things, the first explosion was a car bomb that drew everyone close. The second one looks like a large truck that went off as it hit the front steps of the house."

I started to walk towards the fire when his hand grabbed my arm, "No, you don't want to see Samantha, trust me." He looked at Kitten and stroked her tenderly, "No one should have to ever see that, right Kitten?"

Kitten looked up at him and then me and mewed pitifully.

Handing her into his arms I said, "Angela, please hide Don Brice's car in the garage. We will dispose of it later." I walked over to Maradith and looked into her eyes, "Please help them," my eyes cut towards the house. She got the message and nodded. I looked at Jason and rested my arm on his shoulder, "I've got to go see, it's my job." As he turned to follow me, I shook my head and glanced at Kitten hiding her head in his arms.

Jason got the message and stayed behind. After a few steps I stopped, unzipped the dress and let it fall to the ground. Kicking off my shoes, I ran towards the fire wearing only a pair of latex panties. A high brick wall separated our two properties. Jumping I was able to reach the top and clawed my way up. The sight of destruction shocked me. Don Brice's mansion was gone; in its place was a pile of burning rubble. At the front of the house was a crater at least fifteen feet wide and six or so feet deep. The crater confused me; vehicle bombs do not leave craters. Only something with the blast force directed down would leave a crater.

I listened for any sounds of life, Jason was right. No one could have survived the explosion and resulting fires. I needed to see more and jumped down the other side. Moving forward I stumbled across something. Looking down I saw I had tripped over a dismembered arm. Looking around I made out, other body parts scattered about. Not only were they killed, they were blown apart by the blast. About five feet from the crater was a pair of wing tipped shoes. Confused, I snuck closer for a better look; the shoes still had the feet and lower part of the ankles in them.

Looking down the driveway I noticed that the gate was closed and the guardhouse was empty. Perhaps the man there had come up at the first bomb or he had bugged out after letting the bombers in. The loud sounds of screaming sirens broke me out of my thoughts. The police and fire departments were finally showing up. I quickly scurried back over the fence and home. I noticed that my gown and shoes were still sitting in the yard and quickly picked them up before heading inside.

Jason met me in the foyer. I guess by the look on my face he knew I had seen too much, because he pulled me into a hug and held me close a long few minutes. Looking up into his face I said, "Ok, you were right." I looked towards the destruction and could see the body parts in my mind and feel. I added, "But, did you notice the gate was closed?" as I pushed the thoughts away. "Business Sam, keep focused," I said softly to myself. I had to keep focused.

"No I missed that," he replied. "So that means it must be an inside job," Jason added a moment later.

"I got to get him, and Sue out of here. Surely, whoever was on the inside knows Don Brice was not at home. For all I know, the attackers may know they came here tonight." I must admit I felt a bit overwhelmed, too much had happened too fast and I was having a hard time keeping up. I kept moving towards my office, then to the living room and then back to the office like a human ping-pong ball.

Luckily, Alvin stepped in front, "Samantha, I have Sue and Jade under sedation and Lenny is sitting with them. Maradith is in your playroom with all everyone else. What the hell is going on?"

A drink! That is what I needed to calm down and focus. Not answering I went into the living room and poured myself a large one. Glancing at Alvin and Jason both nodded and I poured two more. Turning back to Alvin I said, "Lenny and Sue are part of the underworld. Lenny, as you know him is the most powerful man on the northeastern seaboard." Taking a large gulp, I added, "What you saw was, I guess, a takeover bid. Right now Lenny and Sue are hotter than hell."

Finally, my mind slowed to the point of where I could think right, "First, we need to get their car out of the garage and hidden properly." I looked at Alvin, "Alvin snag Heather and Angela please, tell them to wear street clothes and to come armed for bear. You had better change clothes also." As he turned away I added, "Tell Jasmine I need her right the fuck now."

I looked at Jason, "I'm sorry Jason. I had hoped to have a nice quiet evening with you after dinner while Maradith played."

"That's ok Samantha." He replied with a slight smile, "There will be other evenings." Looking towards the back of the house he added, "The way I see it, you have to stash Lenny and fast. Any ideas?"

"We have a priest's hidey hole in the basement," I started to say.

Jason shook his head cutting me off, "No you will have to do better than that. You need to get him out of here completely, him and Sue also." He looked again towards the back of the house for a minute. Looking back at me Jason said, "Maradith and I will take them somewhere."

"Where?"

"Don't ask Sam. If you don't know then you can't tell."

"Jason, this isn't your fight," I replied. I was thankful and worried at the same time.

"Don't worry about it. That's what friends do, help each other. Anyways once this is over, you will owe me a night of relaxation with just the two of us." He replied with a wink.

Turning to face him, I draped my arms around Jason's shoulders and whispered in his ear, "As long as where ever we go has a bed, I'm game." Sliding my arms around him, I hugged Jason tight. His calm demeanor caused me to relax and think for the first time since the explosions.

Jasmine hurried up looking frazzled, "Yes Mistress?" she asked.

Letting go of Jason I turned to her, my mind already made up as to what needed to happen, "Jasmine I want you to make damn sure no one can get through the gate unless we want them through." I looked at her hard and added softly, "If you can't do that, then pick a direction and start running, the rest of the girls and I will be right behind you."

She smiled and replied, "Don't worry Red, I have a trick or two up my sleeve."

Jasmine, who used to be named, Jimmy, is the smartest person I know alive who can take a flower, toothbrush, paperclip and tinker with it making a smart bomb. "Good girl." I turned back to Jason to see if he had any ideas but he had gone.

As Jasmine hurried off, I wondered what I had gotten myself into. I stood looking out of the living room window when Angela, Heather and Alvin returned. Not turning I said, "Heather, I need a place to hide a car. I need it now and I need it close. Any ideas?" I could feel the walls closing in. I was running out of time and running out fast.

"Well, there's daddy's old horse barn." She said thinking. "But, it is still on the property."

"Anyway to get the car off property without anyone noticing," I asked as I turned around to face her. If worse came to worse I would have to put it in the barn and hope for the best.

Heather pulled on her lip as she thought, "Hmmm, there might be a way. There used to be an old road on the back edge of the property. Some fool was going to build houses back there and the homeowners association put a stop to that plan. As far as I know it is still there, Mistress."

"Ok, take their car and get it away from here. Find a nice place for it to be stolen, wipe your prints off and leave the keys in the ignition." I looked at Angela, "Follow Heather, pick her up, and once you see the car stolen come back through the front gate." Looking from one to the other I added, "Got it?"

Both had grim looks as they nodded, "Yes Mistress."

As they turned away I added, "Please be careful."

Heather came back and hugged me followed closely by Angela. As she was hugging me Angela said softly, "We will Sam, don't worry."

Alvin who stood to one side cleared his throat, "Yes please be careful, I already have more patients than I know how to treat." Alvin, while top of his field in biomedical engineering was not a doctor by any stretch of the imagination. He turned to me and said, "What can I do to help?"

"Two things, first get Sue ready to travel, Jason and Maradith are going to hide Lenny and Sue for me. Then when she is ready to go, let them know and move the cars around. I don't want any fresh tracks leading towards the back of the property in the gravel drive." I said. I had done all I could think of and had to get dressed before the police came a calling.

Alvin nodded and instead of heading towards the rest of the house went to the front door. "They disappeared and took Lenny and Sue with them. There was some confusion over Jade going with them or not, she pitched a fit and is still here." Grabbing a handful of keys Alvin said, "Everyone is waiting for you in the playroom Samantha."

Before I could reply, he was out the door. I carried the dress and shoes to my bedroom and changed clothing. Rather than dressing up, I threw on a pair of sweats. I wanted nothing more than to lose myself into pleasure or a long hot shower but I had to keep focused. Going to the playroom, I found all the girls, including Jade cuddling and making tender love to each other.

Kitten noticed me first and came bounding over to me, "Momma!" she exclaimed happily. Her cry of joy alerted the rest of the girls and soon I was in the middle of a swarm.

"Ok girls, play times over," I said. They all quickly dropped to the floor before me and waited quietly. "I need the house cleaned, any sign of a dinner party wiped away." I looked at them slowly, "But first, you need to change your clothing." There were frowns at my words but they nodded and hurried out the door.

When the last person had left, I looked around the abandoned room and sighed. My grand plans of the evening were shot to hell and back. Heading to the office, I got out the phones from the safe. Looking at them, I said to myself, "So much for a vacation."

Chapter 2

After all the work, all the cleaning and preparation we did, the police never did come to talk to us. I awoke leaning back in my office chair with the morning light shining through the window. Kitten lay curled into a furry donut in my lap. It was about four AM before Angela and Heather made it back. They reported that everything went as planned. After sending them to bed, I sat in the office waiting for the police to arrive.

I needed to get up and get dressed, but did not wish to disturb Kitten's sleep. The poor dear had stayed up with me all night waiting. Stroking her back lightly I watched as her eyes opened and she yawned. When she looked up I said, "Momma has to get up baby." Standing, I cradled her in my arms as I headed to the bedroom. I desperately needed a shower and a cup of coffee.

Once clean, I dressed in my work clothes. Looking at the suit, I had the feeling that I (was) looking at an old warhorse being asked to go out and battle evil once more. My fedora and daddy's old 45 in a shoulder holster completed the outfit. Looking into the mirror, I could see my wings, still as translucent as ever waving slightly behind me.

My next quest was to find a cup of coffee. With that in mind, I headed to the kitchen. There, I found to my surprise, most everyone sitting around the kitchen table. Off to one side Heather had set up one of those industrial coffee urns. Not speaking I walked over to it and drew a cup of coffee. The girls and Alvin all waited quietly until I had taken my first sip.

Turning around and leaning against the counter I said, "Good morning loves." As they all cheerfully said their good mornings back, I looked them over. To a man, they all looked worn out and tired as I felt. "Status?"

Jasmine replied, "No one will get through the gate without our knowing it Mistress." She said proudly.

"What about the sides and back?" I asked. It was not until last night that I realized we were vulnerable to the rear when Heather and Angela had been able to sneak Don Brice's car off the property. I could tell by Jasmine's panicked look that she had forgotten that also. "That's ok dear, I forgot too," I said to calm her. "OK, take Jamie, Alvin, Crystal, and Heather and secure the back half." I looked at Sue Ann, "Set up an unlimited account for Jasmine."

I looked at Jade, "I want you to make a list. Who wants your father dead so bad that he does not care if others are killed?"

Heather spoke up, "Mistress, Angela would like a moment of your time out front when you have a chance. She is guarding the front door."

Nodding I walked out front carrying my cup of coffee. I didn't see any reason to rush seeing Angela's message was not dire. My mind changed when I opened the front door. In the yard swarmed at least a dozen men in blue jump suits. There were little flags stuck into the ground all over. "What is going on here?" I said.

Angela, who had been standing to the side holding a shotgun, said calmly, "The boys in blue came by to tag the debris field." She looked at me, "Detective Green was with them so I let them in."

Stephen Green was my pipeline into the police, as Angela well knew. Over the years, he and I had helped each other out on cases under the table. Nodding I said, "Good thinking Angela. Can you ask someone to bring out another cup of coffee, three sugars and one cream please?" When Heather arrived a moment later with the cup of coffee I took it and thanked her. Looking at Angela I smiled, "Shall we?"

She grinned back, "Back into the saddle again." Her face became somber and she added softly, "Only this time, don't get all shot up love."

As we walked down off the front steps I said, "You know me."

"Yea, that's why I spoke up."

Laughing we walked over to the brown sedan. On the hood was a map and the target of my coffee delivery. "Detective Green, what brings you out here?"

"Sam!" Stephen said smiling. "You are truly sent by the gods," he added as he took the cup of coffee. I looked at the other man whose dress screamed fed. "May I get you a cup of coffee Mr...?"

The man flipped out identification and said, "Agent Jones, ATF." Just as fast, he put it away in his pocket.

Looking at him I held out my hand, "Detective Green I know," I glanced at Stephen and back, "But you, I don't, let me see the ID again."

Instead of handing it over he said, "Detective Green, will you explain to this woman that this is a crime scene and she must vacate the area or I will be forced to have her ejected," All the while staring at me.

Stephen sputtered and gagged on his coffee. He looked at me worried and I smiled back. "I don't know how they do it back in whatever hole you crawled out of. But, this is my property and you can ether give me your ID or I can take it." I grinned sweetly, "Your choice."

Agent Jones looked from me towards Angela who was still holding the shotgun. She walked over and handed it to Stephen. He spun to face Stephen, "I demand you have this, this woman," he looked at me, "And I use the term loosely" he looked away, "Be ejected from the crime scene."

"Ahh shit..." Stephen said softly, "Now Sam... don't do anything rash."

I turned towards him and smiled, "Who little ole me?" I continued my turn without stopping, my hand pulling the revolver and pushing it into Agent Jones belly as I came full circle. "Now, I don't know about you, but I am willing to bet I can blow your spine out your back before you can do more than open your mouth," I hissed softly to the man. "Do you understand?"

He looked down at the pistol and back up calmly, "Miss Spade, I know all there is about you. Now ether put that pistol away or I will be forced to take it away."

It seemed as time slowed down. When I did not break eye contact or remove the pistol. The man's arm swept up to push it away while his other hand went for his own gun. I reached out, grabbed him by the Adam's apple, and gripped it. His arm hit mine and rebounded as if it had hit a steel post. In an eye blink time speeded back to normal. "Identification, right hand, thumb and forefinger only."

Slowly, he followed my instructions and held out the identification. Angela came up and took it, looked at it for a moment. She handed it back, lifted his jacket and removed his pistol. "Apparently, your information was a bit off." I said smiling as I released his throat, leaving the pistol in place against his belly.