Sam Spade 14: Case of the Don Who Wasn't Pt. 04

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

The car stopped at the graveyard and I said to her mentally and through the bond she had with Nameless at the time to her also. "I am going to go see them now. Do not stop on my account. Find peace." I knew even before I got out, they would be behind me and sitting on a bench about fifty feet away.

Going to their graves I looked from Angela's the original one to Cindy and finally Frankie's. I had made my peace with my original love Angela, so I knelt between Cindy and Frankie. "Why is it every time I try something grand I mess up?" I said softly and broke down crying. All the hurt and pain came out as I laid my soul bare to them.

Angela's heart broke as she felt Samantha's pain. Beside her Nameless looked from one to the other scared and not knowing what to do to help. Finally, she said softly, "How do I help her? How can I make it right?"

"We can't... Goddess takes our failures as her own. Our goddess has feet of clay and cannot rise above our own mortality." Angela looked at Nameless, "It has been a bad day for her all around. Someone she respected turned out to be a snake in the grass and wanted her screwed over good. Then after she dealt with him, I made the mistake of telling her of the peace I found becoming a pony just like the others for the night." She looked down as she continued, "Finally we tracked down the woman and her husband, two of the four who were the ones who were after her in the story. One turned herself in and begged forgiveness, one is dead, the male I dealt with this morning, and the last one is being given a second chance."

"Then the issue at the stable..." Nameless said softly looking down. "It is my fault. I wanted to help and jumped up without being called." She began to cry softly.

"No it was not your fault. Not at all little sister." Angela said pulling Nameless into a hug. She began chanting once more and after a few words the other woman joined in. While still chanting she replied, "Human nature keeps defeating our goddess. This chant and peace we feel now is her latest attempt in fixing us."

When I cried myself out I felt the turmoil of the pair behind me. Instead of peace, Nameless and Angela both were hurting. I started to get up when I noticed something. A rose, black as night sat on Cindy's grave. Underneath it was a piece of parchment. Neither had been there when I knelt down. Picking up the rose I smelled it before looking at the paper.

Samantha,

It's time for your payment.

Lady D

Breaking the stem short I placed the rose in my hair and stood. Walking to the pair I said, "There is a change in plans." I handed Angela the note and then looked at Nameless. "It is not right for you to be Nameless." I pulled her to her feet and spread my wings. As they closed around us I felt her fear and said into her mind, "Do not fear dear little one." Her mind calmed and I said, "Daughter, I give you the name Marie. It was my mother's and my middle name. Marie's have been in our family for nearly six hundred years. I want you to have it now." I bent down and kissed her as my wings pumped my feelings of love to her.

Opening my wings, I looked at Angela, "The pair of you go on back home. I will return when I can."

"No," Angela said. "Where you go, I go."

Marie looked from Angela towards me. "Please don't send me away mistress."

"She won't little sister. We three are going to see a lady and have god awful blood pretzels." Angela looked at me. "Where you're going you will need backup. We won't interfere with you and Lady Darkness but she is not the only one there."

I sighed, "I hate it when you are right Angela." I looked at Marie, "Little one, care to walk into the lion's den with me?"

"Mistress, I would walk into hell's gate with you."