Same Old Lang Syne Ch. 05

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

At one of our sessions together, the following week, Emily asked if we had been back to the parking lot, where it all occurred. We looked at each other and both shook our heads. I could see where this was going. I hoped and prayed that it would go well.

Emily went on and explained that studies had shown that visits to the location of the trauma were often used in therapy for PTSD. It often resulted in the victims facing and overcoming the trauma of the incident, adding a sense of closure, and then moving on. Emily volunteered to accompany us, should we decide that we wished to go that route.

Sam and I looked at each other for maybe fifteen to twenty seconds, 'talking'. When we turned and made eye-contact with Emily, we found her with a gentle and knowing smile.

"You two are something else."

Sam and I grinned back at each other. We knew exactly what she meant.

So, that's how we found ourselves back in the parking lot outside the bar. The bar that we hadn't been back to since that night. Emily felt it best to make the initial visit during the afternoon, with perhaps a follow-up visit around the time of the attack, just to make final closure, if she felt that it was needed.

Even though the parking lot was empty, we each knew the exact spot.

For the longest time, Sam and I just stood there, her back against my chest with my arms protectively encircling her little body. Sam's hands rested on top of mine. Emily stood off to the side of us and just watched. We each closed our eyes and together, went back to that night.

Sam was the first to break down. She turned and buried her face into my shoulder and sobbed uncontrollably. At times, a mournful cry erupted from deep within her as her little body shook and trembled. I just held her tighter than I think I ever had, and just let her 'let it all out'. My own tears streamed down my cheeks and into her blonde hair.

I don't know how much later, Sam looked up at me with puffy eyes, kissed my lips, and whispers two short sentences, "Take us home. Let's make love to each other".

And that was that. Everything, from that frightful night, flushed from her system. Expelled into that empty parking lot from which it came... never ever to return.

I lightly kissed her forehead.

My "Sam" was back. We were back.

...................................................

For us, there were two types of lovemaking. One where we would tenderly enjoy pleasuring each other to mind-numbing orgasm after orgasm and then bask in the closeness of the after-glow.

The other was slow and lasted as long as we wanted as the concept of time would seem to vanish. Emotion-filled. A communion of souls. Most of the time, ending in gentle, but all-consuming releases. Even without the sexual release, there was always an alignment with our hearts and spirits. Leaving us with the utmost respect and devotion between us, together with a sense of goodness in our shared lives.

Tonight was going to be the second kind. It would be all about 'touching'. Like Sam had said that first night of our lovemaking... 'There are more things to touch than just hands... hearts, touch and kiss'.

I guess in today's world, Sam and I had kind of developed our own type of Tantric Sex when we wanted to connect. We just didn't know it. We only knew that what we did to each other, brought us the closeness that we craved and, at times, so desperately needed. A closeness, where we breathed as one. A closeness, where our hearts beat in harmony. A closeness where our souls merged and kissed.

Sam rested her head on my shoulder. Wrapping my arms around her, I just held her against me as the warm water of the shower cascaded over us. My hands encased her firm little mounds. Her hands resting on top of mine. My soapy fingers lightly circled each quarter-size areola, leaving each hard and proud nipple untouched, for now. The gentle firmness between my legs, nestled between Sam's smooth butt cheeks.

We stood there like that for, I don't know how long. The warm water washed, not only our bodies but, any remnants from earlier that evening down the drain, never ever to return.

I had stacked the record player, in the other room with our favorite 'mood music'... every one of the Moody Blues that I had in my collection.

A dozen, or so, candles bathed my bedroom in a soft and warm golden glow. I embraced my Samantha in our Lotus position, as the soft sounds of Justin Hayward drifted in from the other room.

We held each other's gaze as she cradled my length between her soft and warm folds. Nuzzling my nose in her soft blonde hair and inhaling Sam's unique fragrance. Our hands came up and caressed each other's face. Fingertips lightly traveled over each other's body... each other's lips... each other's chest... each other's nipples, before coming to rest over each other's heart. A lump formed in my throat, as our hearts touched and kissed.

Sam reached between us and gently guided me into the most sacred part of her body. Holding the gaze that had never wavered, we quietly joined, with soft sighs of contentment. Our lips came together as we became 'One'. One body... One mind... One soul.

Sam's voice was soft, almost a whisper.

"I know that it's been a while... But, welcome home."

Kiss.

"Welcome home, my love," her voice cracking on those last two words.

Sam extended her neck and leaned back. I slowly nibbled on the tender flesh of her neck. Soft kisses at the base of her throat. Leaving a trail of kisses down her chest. I lightly brushed my cheek across each of her pink nipples, eliciting soft groans. Reaching up, my fingers lightly brushed against Sam's soft lips. Her pink tongue gently bathes the tip before wrapping her lips around it and taking it into her warm mouth.

Sam lets out a soft sigh. With a touch as light as a feather, my slickened fingertip circles the edge of her light brown areola before lightly brushing Sam's engorged pink nipple. Sam lets out a long and prolonged sigh.

"More."

She turns and offers her untouched nipple for much-needed attention.

Sam lets out sighs of contentment, as my tongue worships each nipple for I don't know how long. The concept of time had long since vanished. Sam gently combs her fingers through my hair and holds me to her warm and welcoming bosom.

I get a gentle smile as we quietly repositioned ourselves into our second favorite intimate coupling position... 69.

Wordlessly, we made quiet love to each other. Sam's warm mouth and tongue slowly and gently bathed the sensitive crown. Her soft and warm hands caressed my balls. Stroking my smooth sack. My tongue probed her open sex before tenderly swirling around her engorged clit. The most beautiful song can't compare to the gentle songs each of us sang, at the most intimate pleasure that was shared between us. An intimacy that we so desperately needed.

It was never hurried. It was never frantic or frenzied. We kept each other on edge for, what seemed like, an eternity. Knowing each other so well, we backed off when we knew that we should. Before returning to show our love, devotion, and commitment to each other.

Finally, we each felt the need to complete the journey of our reconnecting. Our combined releases were like a warm gentle blanket being wrapped around us. Holding us in the rapture of our bonding.

Resting on my chest, Sam's soft hazel-green eyes projected the closeness that we had just shared. Her soft lips completing our mating, just as the soft sounds of Nights in White Satin floated through the still air.

Nights in white satin

Never reaching the end

Letters I've written

Never meaning to send

Beauty I'd always missed

With these eyes before...

I held Sam's soft cheeks in my hands as our eyes drew each other into each other's soul... Into each other's heart.

...Just what the truth is

I can't say anymore

Yes I love you

Oh, how I love you...

As I quietly repeated those last few words, Sam's eyes welled up. Tears formed. I reached up and lightly brushed each away. Her lips came to mine.

"Bill... Now I know why I love you so much."

Her fingertips lightly traced my lips.

"You always know what I need. I've never felt closer to you than I do this very moment. Thank you... Thank you my love. Thank you, from the bottom of my heart for everything," Sam's voice cracking.

I held Sam as she drifted off to that dimension of dreams that was shared only by us. The dimension where I would join the love of my life shortly.

But first. My mind wandered.

Sam and I were extremely close before this whole thing happened. Going through the incident: the initial night-terrors, the counseling, the sharing of our past, the emotional and draining visit back to the parking lot, and now the calmness and closeness. We had become stronger and more in-tuned with each other. It had developed to the point that even when we were apart, like at our work, we could 'feel' the other, especially, if something stressful had just occurred. We talk about it a lot, at night in the quiet of our 'alone time'.

It amazes us, and at the same time, warms each of our hearts, knowing that what we share is unique to us, and only us.

Who knows... maybe this was the whole 'cosmic plan', for each of us. Strengthening us. Moving and starting anew in a few weeks; we would only have each other, which right now, was all that we needed.

.........................................................

We made reservations at the Bar-B-Q restaurant for the coming Saturday night, where both sets of parents would finally meet. Like Sam said, "We don't want them to meet for the first time at the wedding".

Tonight Sam went with a conservative-casual look. That meant her hair was pulled back in a ponytail and tied with a yellow ribbon. A full-length palsy-green tank top, with a nice 'V' neckline. As always, the material molded itself into Sam's little cupcakes. Topped off with dark green mid-thigh shorts that hung loosely off her firm little bottom showcasing the firmness of Sam's smooth calves and thighs.

"You look exquisite," as she came out of her bedroom.

Sam grinned, and gave me a quick peck on the cheek, but not before flashing a playful grin and adding, "There's more where that came from."

We made sure that we arrived a good fifteen minutes before the time we had set to meet up. We found a place at the bar, ordered some drinks, and took in the crowd. Being Saturday night, the place was buzzing with families in the crowded dining area. Fortunately, the outside patio dining area was relatively quiet and empty.

The introductions went really well, as we knew that they would. Each set of parents being totally relaxed and comfortable with each other. It was the reason that each of them had a host of friends. Most of the time, Sam and I just sat there as they went on as if they had known each other for years. The food was wonderful. It was also a first for each set of parents.

When I wasn't looking at Sam... She was looking at me. Each time with gentle smiles that oozed with life. The whole time, Sam and my fingers were interlaced under the table. I knew that each mom saw and knew what was happening.

Suddenly, I saw Carol looking around her chair, as if she was searching for something.

"Crap. I left my purse in the car. I never do that. Samantha, would you mind getting it for me? We're parked at the far end of the lot, off to the right."

Sam and I just looked at each other. There was no way, I was going to let her go out into a parking lot by herself.

As soon as we were out of earshot, Carol says, "That should take them a bit, especially since they don't have the keys. Anyway, I've never been one to beat around the bush. What do you guys think about what's about to happen with these two? I mean, I'm sure that you're disappointed that Bill is moving, just as we're disappointed that Sam is moving. But that they are both moving with the plan to move in and live together, what are your thoughts on that?"

My mom, like Carol, was not one to mince words.

"Yeah. We're disappointed that Bill's moving. But then he was at the other end of the state when he was in college. We had kind of gotten used to him not being around except for holidays and summer breaks. When he graduated, we had no idea where he would end up. I mean, there's nothing in the immediate area where we live. That he was able to start a career relatively close was unexpected. So, we were really happy when he landed where is did. We are also very proud of the fact that he's doing so well."

"I guess we're in kind of the same boat, with Samantha. Her school was relatively close, so we did get to see her more than just extended holidays and over the summer. Like you, we knew that she wouldn't be living just down the street from us, as there weren't any hospitals around. And don't get me wrong, we really love your son. And we see how they are when they're together. You'd have to be blind not to see it. We each saw it when Samantha brought him down and introduced him as her boyfriend."

Pete joins in.

"Samantha had a rough spot that she went through before Bill came into her life. It warmed each of our hearts the first time we met him and saw their connection. He's going to be good for her."

My dad adds, "They're both practical and smart young adults. It's like we told them when they both came out and laid out their plans... They need to be together. We really love Samantha and she needs to be by his side. And like they've told us, which I assume that they told you the same thing, they each know what the next step is."

A slight interruption as Sam and I return.

"Mom, the car's locked."

"Oops. Forgot."

Sam just gave her a look and then a lasting look over at me... non-verbal communication. We each knew what was going on here, as we quietly turned and headed back out. This time, taking our time. If the parents wanted to talk about our future, we were fine with that.

"See," Carol says, "Just like that. It warms my heart every time I watch them do that," her voice cracking.

"I know what you mean," my mom wiping away a tear.

..............................................

Sam's last day. The nurses from her ward, and a few from the Neonatal Intensive Care Unit, had put together a surprise farewell.

As Sam got ready for her shift, the nurses that she was relieving hung around for a bit and then disappeared. Then Carol guided her into the lunch area and opened the door.

"Surprise!!"

The room had been decorated with streamers, banners, and balloons. It was filled with nurses, doctors from both wards, and even the hospital administrator was present.

In the center of the room was a table with a large cake with the words, "We all wish you the best".

Sam lost it. She knew that she had the respect, and everything, from all those that she worked with, but this outpouring of genuine caring and admiration was something that she never expected.

The hospital administrator came up to Sam, offered his congratulations, and handed her a letter of recommendation. His parting words were that there was some hospital out there that was about to become very... very fortunate. This was before the era of emails, so staying in touch would be difficult. However; he encouraged her to drop by if she was ever in the area.

When the one doctor, who had been particularly hard and daunting to her since her first day, offered his best wishes and also handed her a letter of recommendation, it took Sam by complete surprise. She didn't care where they were, she hugged him. He gave her the first warm smile that she had ever seen from him. He looked at her and told her that where ever she wound up, it was going to be one lucky hospital and that he really enjoyed working with her, even though at times, it may not have seemed like it. Sam's voice cracked when she told me that.

There was a card on the table. Sam lost it again when she opened it. It had been signed by every nurse and doctor that she ever worked for, along with the hospital administrator. But, what really took her by surprise, was a cashiers' check for $2,855, all donations from everybody who she had worked with and for.

...........................................

Our last week and weekend, before departing Monday morning.

The plan for the week was to get our furniture and stuff consolidated in one location, my apartment. Then to get the Salvation Army to come by each of our apartments to pick up our donations, which would consist of the furniture and kitchen stuff that we didn't need. Our last weekend was to spend Saturday with Sam's parents and Sunday with mine. Each were planning on complete family picnics. Then heading out sometime Monday, once the movers had arrived and had our stuff loaded up.

We would be in no particular hurry. We figured it would take us a little over two and a half days. I wasn't expected in the office until the following Monday. We figured it would give us time to get settled in the long-stay hotel, meet the movers to get our stuff put into storage, check out the area... especially the local hospitals, and, of course... have some quality "US" time.

It was kind of funny, perhaps a bit of foreshadowing of our upcoming time of living together. We were side-by-side 24 hours a day. This was different from all the other times when we were constantly together like weekends and the time at the cabin. Those were 'fun' times: hanging out, playing, and making love. Here, we were working together, as a couple, through the final details: what to pack in our cars for the hotel stay, what to put into storage, what to donate, close out our bank accounts, and cancel the utilities. The moving company was going to pack everything and take the bed apart, so we were spared those details.

For the first time, we found ourselves getting a bit 'short' and/or frustrated with each other, over something that, in hindsight, was ridiculously insignificant. The first time, we just looked at each other, grinned, hugged, ripped off each other's clothes, and had wild and unbridled make-up sex, right there on the living room floor... after I told Sam that I was sorry, for whatever it was that I supposedly had done.

After one of our make-up sex bouts and apology, for whatever, Sam looks up at me, grins, and says, "I always knew it... You are trainable. I may just have to keep you around for a bit."

That earned her a playful smack on her cute little bare bottom.

...........................................

Sam and I were both greeted warmly by Pete and Carol when we arrived late Saturday morning, Sam's relatives had yet to arrive. This gave them some quiet daughter-and-mom time. I just helped Pete with whatever he was finishing up. We talked about nothing in particular. It was nice. I had been accepted. Sam's and my future together, had been accepted.

A few hours later, Sam's parent's backyard was a sea of activity. Her grandmother, aunts, uncles, nieces, and nephews.

They all knew of Sam's move... of our move. I wasn't sure if they were aware of all of the details, specifically, that Sam and I were going to live together. I later found out from Sam, that as far as they were concerned, Sam was moving to be 'near' me. Nothing more being said. It wasn't that Sam's parents were uncomfortable by our arrangement, they just felt that it was nobody else's business.

There were the usual questions about what Colorado Springs was like. They were surprised to hear that Sam was moving without ever visiting the area.

Sam just clenched my arm, grinned, and would just say, "I trust my boyfriend."

As everyone left, there were plenty of hugs and tears. And many... many "good luck and best wishes".