Sandy Tobias

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Thank you, and maybe you'll lose your temper again some day and you'll buy me a fancy dinner."

"That would be one way for me to learn to control my mouth."

They were in Milwaukee by six. and rented a Malibu and headed north. They found Wisconsin Avenue and then the Holiday Inn, and again got their room with two beds, and dropped off their bags and went in search of a restaurant. "Casey is it me, or are all of the restaurants either Italian or Chinese?"

"I noticed that too. I saw a couple of steak houses, but they were back toward the airport so I guess we have Italian tonight."

Jay pointed and said, "There's Mo's Steak house just down the street from here so let's give them a chance," and with that decided they went to dinner.

As soon as they were seated, a young guy introduced himself as Ben and asked for their drink order. "Ben," Jay said, "What wine would you have that would stand up to a blackened rib eye?"

"I'd have to recommend the Malbec wine from South America. Very pleasing to the palate and a perfect compliment to the steak, blackened or not."

Jay looked across at Casey and then said, "Great, let's try a bottle of that."

"Would you like to order your steaks now or enjoy a glass first?"

"Casey?"

"I'm starved," and with that they ordered their dinners, and of course still had time for a glass of wine as they waited. "Jay, any thoughts about either Crystal or the lawyer?"

"Not really. I guess we'll just have to play it as it comes. The business with the lawyer will be pretty straight forward and expensive, because I'm going to request an audit of Crystal's books so I'll have that expense added to the Hiram's fees."

"I hope you don't spend more than you get."

"No kidding. If we get home in time we can go to the bank and get that started."

Casey had to smile because there was no reason for her to go with him, but she knew she would do that just the same.

"That needs to be done as soon as possible, because that will tell you a lot while you wait to hear from Hiram Conrad and the accountant."

"Okay, so we'll see the lawyer and then the Palace and then see if we can get a flight back to South Bend in time to get to First Source Bank."

"I'll be surprised if we can make all of that happen, but we can try."

Holding his wine glass, Jay leaned back and said, "We've done so damn much just since Tanya was killed, that I have to stop every so often and review things. Like we talked about earlier, we just have to get through tomorrow...well and maybe part of Tuesday, and then maybe we can slow down just a little."

"I don't think you could have slowed down in the beginning unless you took drugs."

"That's for sure."

Jay and Casey were at Hiram Conrad's office at eight o'clock Monday morning and were ushered into his office minutes later. They shook hands and Jay introduced Casey as they sat down. Mr. Conrad started with, "I understand that your wife was murdered in Lansing last week and she had a real estate holding here in Milwaukee."

"That's right, but I need to give you some background."

"Please do."

"I know you have to be in court at ten so I'll try to be efficient."

"Just don't leave anything out that might help me." Jay told his tale by talking fast rather than leave anything out. Casey sat there with her hands in her lap and her legs crossed at the ankles as she listened without comment.

Mr. Conrad looked at her then and said, "So even though you were her best friend, you had no idea of Tanya's holdings or her activities either."

"Correct. We were very close, and at the time I thought we shared everything. Obviously I was wrong however."

"Indeed. Okay, so we need to look at Crystal's Palace and make sure we have a full picture of its worth and the condition of their books."

"Right. I'm going to the bank tomorrow and see what I can accomplish there and maybe I'll learn something."

"If not, let me know and I'll have Gordon Walker, a lawyer in your area, get in touch with you right away. You do have the death certificate right?"

"It's supposed to be in my mail today or tomorrow."

"Good." He leaned back in his tall leather chair and said, "Okay. I know how to get in touch with you if I have any questions, but I think we have enough to get started. Stop and see Ellen, my paralegal, and she'll have you sign some papers before you leave. Other than that just try to focus on your immediate concerns and we'll take care of this end."

"Thanks. We're going over and look at this Palace...gentlemen's club or whatever and maybe talk to Crystal if we can."

"Be careful with what you tell her. Introduce yourself and tell her about your tragedy, but don't attempt any discussion about net worth or payments. Make it a social call is the best way I can phrase it right now. Oh, and don't hesitate to mention that you've retained this office to handle all of your legal needs."

"We can do that." Mr. Conrad stood up and they shook hands and Jay and Casey went out in search of Ellen.

Chapter Nine

After lunch, Jay and Casey found Crystal's Palace and drove by it slowly, and then came back and stopped in front of it for a minute. Casey watched Jay as he studied the large building before he said, "Well it's certainly not derelict. In fact it looks damn nice, and it's large too."

"It looks like it was added to at some point, so from that I'd say business is pretty good if not better than that."

They left there, and with no plans to kill the next few hours, they headed back toward the motel. A mile or so before the motel Jay spotted Ernie's, a nice but small bar and grill, and pulled in. "Could you tolerate a drink?"

"Very easily actually."

They sat down in the first booth they came to, and an older woman came over to them. "I'm Annie, what can I get you two?"

"Annie," Casey said, "Can you make a good cosmopolitan?"

"You bet I can honey. For you handsome?"

"A vodka martini?"

"Comin' up," and she went back to the bar.

Jay watched her go and then said, "Not your typical bartender for this kind of place."

"Well we're assuming she knows her stuff." As soon as they were served and tasted their drinks, Casey smiled and said, "Oh yes, she knows her stuff." By the time they left, Casey had three drinks to Jay's two and both of them were feeling fairly mellow.

At the motel Jay hit his remote, got the chirp in return, and Casey put her arm around his waist. "I better hold onto you until we get to our room." They made it to their room and closed the door, and Casey put her arms around him again. Smiling up at him she said, "Thanks for getting me home safe handsome."

"I think Annie was just looking for a bigger tip."

"Of course she was, but that doesn't mean she was wrong you know."

"I think you've had one drink too many."

"Or maybe one drink not enough."

"One more drink for you and I'd be going to the Palace alone."

"Oh no, I want to see what you have inherited."

To her surprise she watched him lose his smile and then he wiped a couple of tears from his eyes. "Damn it Casey, Tanya was murdered just...well less than four days ago. Why the hell do I stand here with my arms around you and like it so much? This whole thing is getting to me. I still love her in some odd way, and at the same time I hate her and everything she did."

"Too much alcohol isn't a good medication for you right now because it's a depressant. Let's get comfortable on the bed and talk okay? We have plenty of time, so a little conversation and a rest, or better yet a nap will do us a lot of good." Jay sat down on the bed and she knelt down, pulled his shoes off and then pushed his shoulders until he lay down. She kicked her shoes off and lay on her side next to him and gently wiped the last of his tears off and said, "Jay, I know you loved Tanya very much, so it's not a surprise that you still have those emotions. I doubt that you'll ever totally lose that and good for you. It's also very reasonable for you to hate her more than just a little bit. I say this next part as her one time best friend though. Everything she did behind your back was and is totally evil and destructive. I've tried so hard not to condemn her, but that isn't working. Just like you, I feel totally betrayed and abused. Jay I loved her too. Okay, granted it's not the same as what you feel, but you know what I mean."

"So why do I feel guilt for not grieving in a more conventional way and how can I hate her this much?"

"I wish I could answer your questions, but damn it Jay, don't add guilt to your problems. I think you're forgetting that you did nothing wrong. You have nothing to feel guilt for. Whatever level of hard feelings you have for her, she's earned all by herself." Then she kissed him. A little longer and a very tender kiss and whispered, "Try to rest now Jay, but I'll be right here if you want to talk more." Alcohol was what fueled his sudden surge of guilt and sadness, but the confused mix of emotions that allowed his loss of emotional control would stay with him for weeks to come.

Both of them dropped off to sleep for a couple of hours, and this time it was Jay that woke up first. He lay there and just looked at Casey. He surprised himself when he smiled and remembered them snipping at each other. Now here he was lying in bed next to her and watching her sleep. He'd told Tanya that he thought Casey was good looking and she was. Nothing like Tanya at all. In fact she was better looking than Tanya. His wife had what he considered the perfectly proportioned body, where Casey was a little different in some undefined way except slightly smaller breasts, but in her own way she was Tanya's equal physically. Emotionally Casey was proving to be far superior. She was a little more emotional and impulsive or impetuous and he liked that. He reached out and very gently put his hand on the side of her face. She didn't move for a second, but then her eyes opened and she looked right at him. It took her a second to wake up, but she smiled at him and put her hand over his.

"Hi," he said as he looked at her.

"Hi back at you, I guess I fell asleep."

"I did too, but it's almost time to go face our last challenge of the trip."

She kept his hand on her face as she asked him, "Are you feeling better than you were earlier?"

"Much better. Sorry about falling apart."

She sat up then and firmly said, "Jay you did not fall apart. Damn it man, you're going to be shedding tears for quite awhile and never apologize to me for that. You've been to hell so don't expect to see angel wings or halos anytime soon. Now I'm going to wash up and change before we go."

"I better do the same thing, because sleeping in clothes doesn't do a lot for appearances."

They went back to Crystal's Palace and walked toward the door just in time to see a woman exit and say, "Tony, I'll be gone a couple of hours to check out those dancers."

"Okay, I'll be right here."

"Good man," and she turned to leave.

"Excuse me," Jay said as he intercepted her. "You must be Crystal."

"Okay, you have the advantage, who are you two?"

"Well who I am is what brings us here."

"Talk fast because I'm in a hurry." Casey didn't miss the fact that Tony was watching his boss very closely, and Tony was big enough that he could see to her safety very nicely. Black mock turtle neck shirt and a gray sport coat hiding what she was sure were very big arms.

"Does the name Sandy Tobias sound familiar?" Crystal didn't pale, but she did stop breathing for a few seconds as she stared at Jay.

"Yes, I know the name, but why is that important?"

"For two reasons. Number one, Sandy was murdered in Lansing, Michigan Thursday night. And for the second, I'm Jay, Sandy...or as I knew her, Tanya's husband. This is Casey, Tanya's best friend. I need to talk to you about the partnership and the club."

"I can't go into that at eight o'clock at night."

"Okay, I'll have my lawyer call you bright and early in the morning then."

"Look, meet me here at eleven tomorrow. I'm up most of the night so I need time to get some sleep."

"Make it ten so we don't miss our flight home."

"Okay, ten then." She turned to her man and said, "Tony, see that they are comfortable and get whatever they want to eat or drink."

"I'll take care of them Crystal." With that she strutted off to her very nice looking white Mercedes, and Jay and Casey followed big shouldered Tony inside.

"Not too close to the stage if you don't mind Tony," Casey told him. He turned to his left at that and put them at a table about three back from the stage. Still too close, but with any luck they wouldn't be there long enough for it to matter.

Chapter Ten

Casey watched Jay closely when their waitress arrived, because she was pretty decent looking, but more importantly she thought was, Myra, or whatever her real name was, wasn't wearing a whole lot. Her top was closer to a halter and it provided an excellent view between her breasts. Her shorts did an equally good job of showing her butt cheeks and looked more sprayed on than put on. Add her high heels to the look and she was hot in a slightly slutty way. Even stoic Jay had to smile when he ordered his vodka and tonic and Casey went with a whisky and water. As Myra left with their order, Casey leaned closer to Jay and said, "Myra looks better than Donna the dancer did at Gina's Hideaway."

"Not bad at all. Did you notice the nice carpet in those areas toward the door."

"This whole place is very nice considering. I'm sure the hard floor under the first rows of tables make it easier to clean up spilled drinks or whatever when the guys get carried away." Jay was doing great, but there was no stripper to deal with either.

He was looking around as he said, "It's hard for me to believe that I own a big chunk of this."

"Ironic isn't it that you own half of a business in a field that has caused you so much heartache."

"Very ironic, but I can add to that. Until last Thursday had Matt said let's go to this fancy strip club I wouldn't have hesitated."

"Oh, that doesn't surprise me."

"It doesn't?"

Casey laughed and said, "No it doesn't. Want to know something else?"

"What's that?"

"Well big Tony is standing back by the door, but he's keeping a close eye on us."

"Well we are very important people after all."

"Funny, I don't feel very important sitting here. I feel conspicuous because I'm a woman."

"Well you are very important, especially to me, and don't you ever doubt that." He'd tossed that out like he had just said it was wintertime, and didn't even look to see what her reaction might me. But it meant a lot to Casey.

They enjoyed their drink as they pointed out different things about the club that one of them had noticed, but then from the stage sound system they heard, "Tonight at Crystal's Palace, Brandi Fox," and the stage lights came up as the music started.

"Ready to go Jay?"

"Give me a minute okay?"

"That's up to you, but be prepared for another rough night."

He smiled at her and took her hand in his as he looked back at the stage. Sweet looking Brandi in her little red and gold outfit was the picture of confidence as she strutted around the stage in her very high heels and worked hard to make eye contact with each guy at the front tables. Jay continued to watch her though as she strutted and danced and teased the audience by almost touching herself through the fabric. Her ridiculously short skirt was the first to go and then she went to the pole and did her routine which included losing her bra about halfway through. Casey glanced at Brandi every so often, but she was more interested in watching Jay and even some of the guys around them. Then she spotted another woman sit at a table just behind them, and between her and Jay she was busy glancing back and forth as she pretended to sip at her empty glass. She was surprised to see that Jay was actually watching her a lot of the time. Brandi was good. Not fantastic, but good enough that when she took her bikini bottom off to reveal an almost impossibly tiny G-string the guys clapped and cheered. After that there was no shortage of crotch views with very little of her vulva hidden, and completely open views of her tight looking ass. Then Jay looked at Casey and said, "I've seen more than enough, let's get out of here." Casey felt almost rude as she turned her back to the stage and led the way past the table with the other woman who was openly staring at her as they left.

As soon as the cold winter air hit their face, Jay took a deep breath and stopped for a second. "Jay what can I do?"

He displayed a thin and crooked smile as he said, "Believe it or not, I think I'm okay. Well not okay, but I'm not torn up like I was in Lansing." She smiled and holding his hand firmly and close to her they went toward the car as he pushed his remote start button.

As they left the parking lot, Casey clipped her seatbelt and said, "You are a mystery. An amazing mystery."

"I'm baffled too, so don't look for an explanation. I couldn't stay to the end of her dance, but I suspect that other than letting the guys stuff money in her bikini she was about done anyway."

"Have you ever done that?"

"Sure. Anywhere from a five to a twenty, depending on the stripper."

"Did you ever get a lap dance or other favors?"

Jay laughed and looked over at her and asked, "Other favors? That's a cute euphemism for screwing, and the answer is no to the lap dance and definitely a no to other favors."

"I was just curious. Did you see that other woman that came in?"

"Not until we were leaving. She's probably there because her hubby or buddy or whatever wanted to stop. Hell, maybe that was their daughter that was dancing and they were proud of her," and he laughed at his attempt at humor.

"Now wouldn't that be about weird and sick. Yuck."

"The world is full of really strange people."

"By our standards anyway."

"By our standards, good point."

Jay slept through the night and woke up when Casey kissed his cheek and told him good morning. Then it was shower and have breakfast and then headed back to Crystal's Palace.

"Good morning," Jay said to Crystal.

"Morning. This is a little early for me to talk business, so forgive me if I seem slow at first." With only a moments pause, she said, "I'm sorry for your loss, but I don't know what to say about Sandy."

"Thank you."

"You said something about your lawyer."

"Yes, he'll be in touch with you. As you can imagine, I don't trust myself to think very straight right now. I needed help to sort everything out."

"I'm stunned. You said murdered right?"

"That's right." Then as Casey just listened, Jay took Crystal through the whole story of her living under an assumed name and on to her stripping again.

"But she had stopped that some time ago."

"I don't know for how long, but apparently she had been dancing again."

"So why did she change her name?"

"I have no idea. I thought you might know something."

"I'm as shocked and confused as you are."

They talked for another half an hour, but Crystal didn't have anything more to tell them, and it was time for them to get to the airport and turn in the car, and then get home so they could go to the bank.

Chapter Eleven

They left the house just after two, and went to the bank where they had to wait for about fifteen minutes to talk to somebody. They saw him coming toward them so they stood up. "Hello, I'm Graham Anderson," and they shook hands and followed him back to his office. Jay simply told Mr. Anderson that Tanya had been murdered in Lansing and produced the death certificate. "I'm so very sorry for your loss Mr. Sheffield and Miss Damon. Give me just a minute to look up her account," and his fingers danced over the keyboard as he stared at the monitor. "Oh, okay, she has you listed so this will be very easy to take care of."