Sara & Laura Ch. 03

Story Info
Sara goes shopping, and makes a new friend.
7.3k words
4.81
16k
20

Part 3 of the 6 part series

Updated 06/09/2023
Created 11/30/2018
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
wowser1
wowser1
89 Followers

Sara sat cross-legged on her bed, cell phone pressed to her ear. The phone rang twice. Three times. She could feel her blood pressure rising as she waited for someone to pick up on the other end. She chewed her lip anxiously. Four times. Then, a click.

"Doctor Laura Stringer's office, Rachel speaking, how can I help you?" came a cheery voice. Sara realized she had been holding her breath and let it go.

"Uh, hi, it's Sara Colwitt, I had a question for Laura and I was wondering if she was busy right now?" Sara's voice came out high and strained. She had mentally rehearsed what she was going to say to Laura for nearly twenty minutes before dialing the number for her office. She was relieved the receptionist had picked up. She needed a small buffer.

"She's not seeing anyone at the moment, just hold on two seconds and I'll see if she's not in the middle of something. Hold please!" Rachel said. There was a click, and then Sara was taken away on the waves of some canned mid-80's soft jazz muzak. She rolled her eyes and wondered why every office or business she had ever called in her life had the exact same music on their hold lines. A moment later, the line clicked and the muzak came to a sudden, blessed stop. Sara's heart leapt in her chest, then plunged into icy water, a wave of cold rippling out from her heart to her extremities. Her hands shook with nervous energy.

"Hello Sara," came a voice from the other end. The tinny sound of the phone couldn't mask the smooth, almost smoky timbre of Laura's voice, "It's good to hear from you. Rachel said there was something you needed?"

"Uh, well, I was wondering where," Sara's voice came out raspy and canned. She cleared her throat, "or, uh, I mean I was wondering if you could tell me where I could buy some... toys." Her voice grew quieter and quieter as she spoke, though the last word thundered in her ears. "I broke one and wanted to get a new one."

Something changed in Laura's voice. Sara thought she sounded pleased. "Oh," she said, "of course dear,"

"It's just, I put it in the dishwasher and it broke!" Sara said, interrupting Laura. She had remembered some of what she wanted to say, but only now realized she hadn't actually been asked how it had been broken. The last thing she wanted to do was explain how the sheer size of her cock, coupled with the vigorous fucking she had dealt out, had split the silicon lining of her fleshlight, and cracked the plastic casing to boot. Despite not having paid for it, and its unsalvageable state, she had felt badly about throwing the broken toy in the garbage. She felt worse the next morning, when she realized her hands just couldn't provide the same grip and wringing tightness of the fleshlight.

"Right," Laura said, pushing past Sara's outburst, "well there's a shop near 245th and Ocean Drive called 'New Romantics', that's usually where I recommend people try first. There are a few other good stores around town if that doesn't work out. It's owned by a friend of mine."

Concern rose in Sara. "What do you mean if it doesn't work out?" She had visions of employees judging her imagined purchases, and her stomach churned. Maybe she didn't need a fleshlight so badly.

"Just that some stores are more specialized than others, and if that one doesn't quite have what you're looking for then you can try a different one." Laura said matter-of-factly.

"Oh. Right." Sara felt more than a little silly. It was their job, of course they wouldn't judge what she might buy. She hoped.

"Was there anything else?" Laura asked.

"No, no, I don't think so..." Sara wasn't sure why she hadn't just said her thank-you's and goodbye's and hung up yet. She wanted to get moving to 'Allure' today, while she still had the courage inside her. But she didn't want to hang up on Laura. It had only been a couple of days since their last session, and the next one seemed so far away.

"Are you maybe a little nervous to go?" Laura asked. As always, she had a way of cutting through the weeds.

"I guess a little." Sara said quietly. She smoothed her bedsheets idly with her free hand.

"This is a big step for you, Sara," Laura said with more than a little admiration shining through, "two weeks ago I had to twist your arm to get you to even tell me why you were coming to see me. Now, you're planning a trip to a sex shop. I'm very proud of you."

Sara blushed. The praise was nice, but made her a little uncomfortable. "I mean I'm just trying my best..." She grinned to herself sheepishly.

"It shows. Why don't you take my personal number? You can call me if it gets to be too much. If I'm not in session I can talk you through it. Are you ready?" Sara scrambled to the kitchen for a pen and scrap of paper, and jotted down the string of numbers.

"I've got to go Sara, I've got a session starting. Call me if you need anything." Laura hung up. Sara could have sworn there was an emphasis on 'anything', but decided it didn't mean anything. She typed Laura's personal phone number into her contacts and saved it.

Hold onto it, just in case, she thought. Now all I have to do is actually go to the... sex shop.

Sara paused, staring at nothing. Her stomach did slow barrel rolls as she thought about going to such a place. To be out and exposed like that. Nevermind the employees there, who would probably wonder what the hell a woman was doing shopping for a fleshlight. She hung her head. She couldn't go. It was too much. Her phone buzzed on the table. Sara flipped it over to read a text message.

Just wanted to make sure you had my number. Let's talk about your trip in session. I want to hear all about it.

-L

She picked up the phone and held it to her chest. She felt a strange warmth spread over her body, her stomach going from barrel rolls to excited little jumps. Laura wanted her to go, and she couldn't let Laura down. There was just no way around it. As she reached for her keys on the kitchen counter, a little thought came drifting from far away and settled in her mind.

You want to tell Laura about how you use your toys, don't you?

Sara shook her head, shooing away the foreign thought. She was mostly sure she didn't want to share that with Laura. She was sure Laura didn't need to know the specifics of any of it. She was a smart woman, she could put two and two together. She grabbed her keys and hurried to the door, deciding to go to the shop while she still had the nerve. She flew down the stairs to the parkade, now very aware of how her cock bounced with each step, and raced to her car.

________________

Sara sat in her car, fingers wrapped around the steering wheel, whiteknuckled with anxiety. She had driven across town trying not to think too hard about her destination. When she arrived and killed the engine, it settled upon her. She was here to go to a sex shop. The small bravery boost Laura had given her was quickly wearing off. Her stomach was back to doing slow rolls, threatening to bring up her breakfast. She swallowed hard and forced herself to release the steering wheel, sitting back in the seat. Her phone vibrated again, rattling in the change-tray of her car. She grabbed it.

Ask for Jessie.

-L

She gripped her phone tight in her hand.

Perfect timing, she thought, feeling her courage inflate just enough. Slowly, she opened the door and swung her legs out of the car, shakily standing up. Sara took a deep breath of warm summer air and steadied her nerves fractionally. Her destination loomed large across the street.

'NEW ROMANTICS' a pink cursive neon sign read, and below that in plain black text;

'Adult fantasies and gifts - since 1991'

The building was free-standing, and three stories high. Sara marvelled at the size of it; the clean design and charming brick exterior made it seem less a sex shop and more a corporate headquarter building, save for the blacked-out windows on the first floor. Her heart pounded and the world rocked side to side.

"I'm really here," she muttered to herself, "I'm really going to do this." Slow step by slow step, she made her way to the crosswalk and waited for the light to change. Sara tried to predict how this visit would go, though she was more or less walking in blind. She felt fairly confident that Laura wouldn't send her somewhere too scary, and this was a job to whomever worked there, and they wouldn't have much ground to question her on. Probably. The light changed and she walked across the intersection, feet turning to lead as she approached the opposite side. Standing on the same block now, the air felt heavy. Sara looked down the block to the front of the store. Only a few pedestrians walking about, and plenty of gap space for her to slip in the front door unnoticed. She approached the blacked-out glass doors slowly, hoping she came across as nonchalant and not a total nervous wreck. Looking to either side and, seeing nobody in the immediate vicinity, pulled the door open with the last of the confidence she could muster.

________________

Just wanted to make sure you had my number. Let's talk about your trip in session. I want to hear all about it.

-L

Laura tapped out a brief text message to Sara then placed her cell phone back on the desk. How wonderful, she thought, Sara is trying so hard. She just hoped Sara would actually end up going. And that she would feel brave enough to actually buy something. Laura was surprised at herself, she almost never felt so protective of her patients. Even without that one particularly tantalizing oddity, Laura felt like she would have wanted to shield Sara from as much as she could. She picked up her phone again and dialled New Romantics.

One ring and a click, "New Romantics, Jessie speaking how can I help you?" the voice on the end of the phone said, a soft tone with an underlying edge.

"Exactly the person I wanted to talk to," Laura said, smiling to herself.

"Hey ma'am! How's it going? Long time no see!" Jessie said brightly.

"Hi Jessie, all's well thank you."

"You haven't been around for game night in weeks! What's going on?"

"I've just been busy," Laura said noncommittally. Truthfully, she had been busy, but it wasn't anything she couldn't have put aside.

"People miss you when you're not around you know, please tell me you'll come next week," Jessie said, audibly pouting.

Laura laughed, "I'm going to try and make it, okay?"

"Yes ma'am!" Jessie cheered. "So, what's up?"

Laura thought about how to do this tactfully. She couldn't think of a way and pushed ahead. "I've got a patient of mine coming your way, I hope. She has some..." Laura paused. The dishwasher story was obviously a lie, after what she had seen last session, she had put it together on her own. "Some rather unique needs."

"Ooh, unique how?" Jessie asked. Laura opened her mouth to shut down the line of inquiry, but Jessie beat her to the punch. "Yeah, yeah, I know, you can't tell me, I got it. What's her name, at least?"

"Sara," Laura said, relieved at not having to explain herself, "but what's most important is that she's particularly shy, and nervous about going. I was hoping you would personally help her out."

"Sure, sure, I can do that."

"Kid gloves, okay?" Laura said with more edge in her voice than she had intended. She walked the defensiveness back a step, "Uh, I just think it will help her out a great deal if she has a very relaxed visit."

"Yeah, of course," Jessie said, apparently not noticing, or not caring about Laura's outburst, "if I'm in I'll oversee her personally."

"Good. Thank you," Laura said, feeling a small amount of relief. "I won't be seeing her for a few days, so let me know how it goes?"

"Oh, I don't know," Jessie sulked, "I mean, it's about privacy, right? I don't know if I can tell you that..." Her voice trailed off, replaced by the distinct sound of a stifled giggle. Laura rolled her eyes. She knew what Jessie wanted.

"I promise I'll come next week." Laura said flatly.

"Yes! Okay, I'll let you know how it all goes."

"I knew I could count on you, Jessie," she said happily. They said their goodbyes and ended the call. Laura pulled out her phone, and began a new text message to Sara.

Ask for Jessie.

-L

________________

Cool conditioned air swirled around Sara in tiny eddies as she quickly opened the door and pulled it shut behind her. There was a poster on the back of the door advertising something called "Game Night". Slowly, she turned around to take in the sights. She was amazed. Two full floors of items in every imaginable shape, size, and colour. The first looked like an absolutely ordinary shop, glass display cases, racks of clothes and lingerie, and items lining the walls. On the back wall was a staircase and elevator, leading to a second floor that hugged the perimeter, a mezzanine that looked down on the main floor. Somehow, it all being "normal" eased Sara's nerves ever so slightly. Nothing was weird, or hidden away that she could tell, it was a store like any other. In the center of the first floor was a large circular counter, with four tills, and three women standing about, one with eye-catching pink hair. Slowly Sara approached the desk. The women turned to look at her.

"Do you need any help finding anything?" One of the women, a blonde, asked.

"Uh, hi," she managed to force out, her voice a barely audible squeak. She tried to ask for some assistance, but her throat was constricting, cutting her off. The blonde cracked a hint of a smile, and Sara's stomach dropped. She thought she might throw up. The blonde's face softened and she approached.

"Hey, it's okay, do you-" she was cut off suddenly. The pink haired-one gently pushed her aside and leaned over the counter. Sara saw that half of her head was shaved to the skin, the top pulled together and to the side in a punk swoop.

"Hey hun," she said in a gentle voice, "My name's Jessie, can I help you find something?"

Sara stared down at her own hands on the counter. She tried to explain herself, but hadn't quite regained her speech.

Jessie reached across the counter and laid her hands on top of Sara's. Sara looked up. Jessie was kind of pretty, she thought. Not Laura pretty, but pretty. She wore a thin red tank top that hung loosely on her slight frame, and had a multitude of piercings in and around her ears. But her face was soft, and gentle.

"I, uh," Sara began, stammering. Jessie's hands were soft and warm, and were massaging her own. "I'm looking for a... toy." she said, her voice slowly descending into a whisper.

Jessie smiled at her. "That's what we're here for," she said. "What kind of toy did you want?"

Sara said nothing. She was trying to work out how to ask and had come up empty. How was she to explain herself to a stranger? Jessie entwined her fingers with Sara's own.

"How about you and I take a stroll around the store, and you stop me when we're where you want to be?"

Sara nodded. "Okay," she said quietly, "sorry."

Jessie released Sara's hand and walked around the counter, pink shock of hair bobbing in time with her steps. When she was face to face again, she reached out and took Sara's hand. "Don't apologize, hun, it's what I'm here for. What's your name?"

"Sara," she responded quietly.

Jessie hesitated almost imperceptibly, frozen for a split-second. "Hi Sara, it's nice to meet you," she said warmly, then pulled Sara gently to the exterior shelves lined with toys. Slowly, Jessie led her in a loop around the first floor shelving.

"My mom opened this shop back in '91," Jessie said, leading Sara past a shelf floor-to-ceiling stacked with vibrators. "She retired a couple of years back and I took over."

"Do you like it?" Sara asked quietly, taking in the various colours and shapes of toys lining the shelves.

"I love it!" Jessie said smiling, "I've worked a lot of shitty jobs, and this play has been great. I just like helping people be happier."

Sara smiled. They strolled by a display case of dildos, arranged from the smallest at the top, to unimaginably enormous at the bottom. Her eyes fixed on one that she thought was about the size of her own cock, laying near the bottom. Jessie turned back to look at her, and she averted her eyes, embarrassed.

"Anyways, I've owned the place myself for the last couple years. Most of our business is repeat customers, but I'm always happy to see new faces around here." She squeezed Sara's hand firmly, and Sara reciprocated as a reflex. It really wasn't so bad here after all.

Sara zeroed in on the sign, feeling her blood pressure rise again at the sight of it.

'Fleshlights & Sleeves'

Jessie was still talking about owning the store, but Sara could hardly hear her for the blood pounding in her head.

Okay, she thought, here we go.

Sara stopped in her tracks, and was nearly pulled off her feet as Jessie kept walking another step. She gripped her hand tightly, feeling the blood flow away from her head and stomach and pool at her feet, rooting her.

Jessie turned around. "Is this what you're looking for, hun?"

Sara nodded, but didn't look away this time.

Jessie smiled at her and squeezed her hand. "Okay, let's find you something nice!" She released Sara's hand and reached up the shelving, standing on her toes. She pulled down a box that looked creased and beaten in, opening it and sliding the contents into her hands. It was the exact same model Laura had given to her. "This is our best seller, no bells and whistles but the price is right and I'm told it's very effective. This is the usual go-to if it's your first one. What do you think?"

Sara shook her head.

Jessie slid the toy back in the box and popped it back up on the shelf. "Do you have a colour preference? Any latex or vinyl allergies?"

"No, neither." Sara replied.

"We also have various openings if it's the sleeve itself, there's an anal model, and a mouth one that's also pretty popular. Is that more what you were thinking?"

"It has to be, um," Sara began shakily, avoiding any incriminating use of the word 'I', "bigger."

"Hmm," Jessie hummed to herself, furrowing her brow, "bigger... Well, most of the sleeves we carry are a more or less standard size, and the sleeves we have," Jessie gestured to a wall of what looked like anatomically correct human torsos, "are quite a bit more expensive. How much did you want to spend?"

Sara wasn't sure. "Can I see one of those?" she asked, pointing to one of the torsos. Jessie lifted it down and handed it to her. It was heavy, and felt shockingly similar to skin. Sara turned it over in her hand. It wasn't quite long enough, and the price tag on the bottom indicated it was over $400. She handed it back to Jessie. "Not quite that much," she said and managed a weak smile. Jessie propped it back up on the shelf.

"Just for argument's sake," Jessie began, brushing her hand through her pink fringe, "How big are we aiming for? Hypothetically, of course," she said, reaching out for Sara's hand again.

"Um," Sara began and then paused for a long moment. She could feel Jessie staring at her, and she looked away. "About a foot," she finally managed, "hypothetically."

Jessie ran one hand down Sara's arm and looked at her thoughtfully. She slipped one arm underneath Sara's, and wrapped it around her waist, standing side by side with her. Jessie slowly worked her hand back and forth on Sara's hip, gently massaging it.

"About a foot," she said with a tone that sounded like awe to Sara. "That's going to be tough."

Whatever reaction Sara had expected, it certainly wasn't this. At such close proximity, Sara was reminded of Laura, thought Jessie was a good deal shorter. But someone who was so bold and confident was bound to remind Sara of Laura. Jessie turned to Sara.

"I wasn't going to say anything," she said softly, "but Laura called me to tell me you were coming, Sara."

wowser1
wowser1
89 Followers