Satisfied With Love Ch. 03

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Brad stands there a few seconds shaking his head, not wanting to go down that road.

Raising his head, he continued, "My Father had twenty-three years to tell us the truth, but he didn't. Should we be mad at him because of that? Maybe.... Possibly.... But we can't judge him fairly, not knowing the circumstances he was experiencing twenty-three years ago."

"We can only respect our Father for making the tough decisions that was in his best interest at that stage in his life."

"Even though we never met the man, we are learning about him from the people he surrounded himself with, by your attitudes, the influence he had on you, the influence you had on him and the memories you share."

"For a long time, I did not know I had sisters. Being a brother is a new concept for me, just like being a sister is a new concept for them. It takes adjusting of priorities for me to be a brother, but I'm embracing that as I get closer to my sisters. Over the last four days, my sisters and I have come to terms with this new life, but we are not use to it yet. The burden of ownership weighs heavy on us. But, if my Father can do it, so can we."

"Realizing my sisters and I were in turmoil since we first arrived here, it took time for us to learn that each of us experienced the same withdrawals and emotions, each in our own way. We had no choice but to deal with it, and we did."

"We have learned how difficult it is to fill our Father's shoes. It was the shortest education we ever had, but it doesn't seem to be enough. I wish I could have learned a thing or two from my Father. Stacy and Peggy feel the same way. We only regret it never happened, and never will."

"Not having a relationship with your birth parents is another thing I don't wish on anyone. Learning you have another family at age twenty-three is tough, and learning about our birth parents has been a process of discovery.... and some emotional pain."

"To set that stage.... Imagine, for a moment, what it feels like for the three of us to work with a group of people that knows our Father better than we ever will...."

He paused as some reactions came from the attendees, mostly sobbing.

"Still, we have to move forward with our lives and this business. Danny Packard would encourage us to do that. We have to look at our future as a new challenge, to embrace it, to walk in the shoes of a great businessman, never forgetting the parents that brought us into this world...."

"It's somewhat difficult for me to give accolades to my Father, but I've learned to respect his staggering accomplishments. Just as important is the close friends that took time from their personal lives to give him love by your presence here today. My sisters and I thank all of you for being here for Danny Packard."

"We promise to continue our quest to get to know who the man was and not just by what he left behind. For those of us who are here, please remember that your duty, as friends and family of Danny Packard, is to keep him in your hearts by the stories you tell and the memories you share. I also hope those who weren't able to attend today will do the same. Those memories are his true legacy."

"Finally, my sisters and I are in awe not only of the small fortune we are currently swimming in," he said as a many giggles broke out, "but, also of the tremendous responsibility associated with ensuring the Packard Empire remains a prosperous and expanding business. If you think that will be easy, try walking in our shoes for a while," Brad said with a smile.

More giggles break out.

"Thank you, from the bottom of our hearts.... each and everyone of you.... for being here today, to celebrate the life of Daniel John Packard with us. My sisters and I would like to thank Craig, Charles, Kristi, Anita, Rick, Jeni and Scott for the support they have given us since our arrival."

Looking up, he said, "Mother and Father, keep a watchful eye on us and help us make you proud.... May you forever rest in peace and love."

When the audio ends, Kristi and Jeni are in tears. Brad eyes are also wet and he feels strange listening to his own speech, but remembers every word. He realizes the blog is one of the best ways to communicate with his companies. He's not very happy he was recorded without his knowledge, but at the same time, he knows it's a good thing for the corporation. After he departs the company, he asks Kristi for his business phone and calls Jackie while riding in the SUV, heading to dinner.

"Hi Jackie. How are you?"

"I'm good Brad, and you?"

"I'm good as well.... A while ago, I heard about the blog you set up with all Packard Empire companies and employees. This is a great idea. How long has it been functional and why didn't you tell me about it when I was there?"

She hesitates, then said, "Brad, I'm really and truly sorry about this.... First of all, it's not really a blog, but I call it that. I began creating it when your Father passed away. It took me a week to get it up and running properly."

"I established the blog to use as a company news network to inform everyone about our new owners. All Packard Empire companies were thirsty for information about what will happen in their future so I thought this will be a great way to solve that problem."

"I had a phone conversation with Larry Strait before you arrived here that day and he gave you the highest marks I have ever heard about any owner, then the speech you gave my company regarding the fired VP was totally awesome. It was personal. It was emotional. It came from your heart, everybody could tell. You told us what we can expect from the new owners. You gave us your support, which meant so much to us. You also instilled pride in the company and the Empire. After you left us, I talked to my employees and everyone gave you high marks. So did I. So did Ron. I concluded Larry was right about you."

"Now that I think of it, the speech you gave at your Father's funeral was awesome. I recorded it and emailed it to myself, just in case. I posted it on the blog as well so Empire employees can get a feel for the new owners."

"The WSJ totally lied about what it reported. I spoke to the editor, told them to retract the story and I sent the recording of your speech directly to him. After he listened to it, he fired the reporter that wrote it. It appears he has a history of making up stories, which is why I fired him three years ago."

"The speech you gave here followed along the same theme as your funeral speech. You just opened your heart up and told us what to expect."

"When I talked to New York after you left, the information I received from them regarding what your sisters said put any reservations I had about our new owners to rest. Your sisters literally repeated what you said to us, but they did not address employees like you did, it was all in small group meetings first with management types, then with employees. I'm jubilant about our future."

"After I posted your speech, everybody that watched the video was jubilant as well. I got too many responses for me to count, but everyone of them was positive. I spent many hours on the weekend reading every one of them."

"I was posting information as it came to me so all the companies can get a feel for what the new owners are going to do with all the companies in the Empire. I didn't expect the blog to be anything more than that."

"To be honest, you, the owners, weren't suppose to find out about this until I posted enough about our future to either put people's minds at ease, or face reality. And that is what happened."

"In the last week, we have learned about our future from your own words, and those of your sisters. We know we aren't going to be left in the dust and have to seek new employment. We are grateful to our new owners for giving us that insight. You and your sisters have made that abundantly clear and we appreciate your efforts on our behalf. The Empire companies are ready to move forward with your leadership and wait for you to do what ever it is you have to do before we get involved."

"I'm really sorry about this Brad. Like you said, employees deserve the truth about that which affects them and the blog has helped us understand our new owners. Obviously, you had already left my company before we got all the information we needed. I had every intention to tell you after you returned home. I knew you had a busy schedule until you returned to the Island in two weeks, so I was in waiting mode."

"I expected to tell you about this myself, but that didn't work out as planned either. The blog has served its purpose, so I will likely shut it down."

"Thanks Jackie. I am both pissed and jubilant myself, but I love this idea of yours. Pissed because you recorded me at a private company function without my knowledge or permission. On the other hand, you are a media outlet. I should expect it so I can't be pissed about it. Jubilant because I can see a future for this blog."

"I hope you reconsider what you do with the blog. I'm not going to tell you how to use it or what to do with it. You created it so you should control it. What I would ask you to do, and this isn't an order from me, is ask your subscribers if it is okay with them if the Packard team joins the blog."

"I would like this to be a medium where the companies can join together and talk, tell jokes, learn from others, address problems, inform them of future events, talk about things that concern them, a two way communication type of thing."

"I see this as a great training tool. Thanks Jackie. Let us know what they think, and what you think about it. I've got to move on here. We just arrived at my next adventure so talk to you later."

"Wait Brad please. First, just to open up to your thought process about the blog, there are 10,000+ people on this blog, in four languages, in six countries. It may be a bit of a problem to communicate with all of them as a training tool."

"Yes, I see that is a problem too, now that you mention it. Let's talk about this another time then."

"Second, I just want to let you know I will support your efforts to move the Packard Empire forward. If I'm not mistaken, I think every company will support your efforts. Bye Brad."

"Great! Bye Jackie."

That went well and Brad is in a great mood. They just arrived at their last dinner before they fly to New York in the morning to meet up with his sisters.

Since the beginning of the trip, Brad intends to keep his commitment to Stacy to quit smoking. He committed to a while ago and he wants to surprise her when they get back to the island. He's only had three cigarettes during the entire two weeks so he's doing good. Brad started smoking again the day he found out about his new life.

Kristi and Jeni also notice a change in Brad resulting from this trip. He is more focused on the Empire and ready to push forward. But, he still has to talk to his sisters about his new plans.

The next day, they fly to New York to meet up with his sisters. After they land, Brad is pleasantly surprised to see his sisters there to greet him and they gang-hug him after he gets off and walks toward the VIP lounge. He feels so good he picks them both off their feet in one swift motion. It's the best welcome he's ever had and he's higher than a kite as a result.

The two days in New York is fun for the entire Packard team. Brad felt that it's the best decision he's ever made. Kristi and Jeni agree. Now, it's time to head back to the Island and get caught up on the work that is piling up at the office. He dreads that part. Being unable to process paperwork for nearly two weeks will cause many hours of reading and making decisions about the future of the Packard Empire, but they have to do it.

********

They leave New York later than they expect to, arriving back on the Island about 10PM. They were all beat but the staff still met them and hustled them off to their suites. The island staff is instructed to leave the luggage in their rooms and they can take care of it in the morning, after everyone is up and about.

That night, Kristi is feeling her Wheaties and she has her way with his body. She sucks him hard, then fucks him like she has never before. She is on a mission and when she gets him off, she joins the intense orgasm with one of her own. What a night, he thought.

Everybody is up and about by 8 with breakfast available near the bar. After breakfast, they decide on the day's events.

Craig speaks up and said he needs some time with them about the Island Manager position that is currently open. They need to make a decision about the candidates so they can continue the selection process.

The owners agree and decide to do it after they finish the schedule, which they did.

Moving to the business suite, Craig gets together with the three owners to run the manager replacement candidates by them and he asks them to pick one. There are four files.

Brad asks, "Have they been interviewed?"

Craig said "Yes."

Tell me your thoughts please," Brad said. "Who would you pick?"

"I would go with this one first. His name is John O'Connor," Craig said as he slides a file in front of Brad.

He reads it and passes it along to his sisters.

While his sisters are reading the file, Brad gets on his phone and calls Kristi and asks her and the rest of the team to join them in the business suite.

Craig took notice of the importance of the team to Brad. He will include that in future management decisions.

Arriving, the file is passed around asking for advice from all of them. Everyone is impressed with his credentials. They all reach the same conclusion and he will be offered the job.

With that, Craig picked up the file, gets up saying he'll schedule an interview with the team for tomorrow afternoon.

"Wait Craig, please," Brad said.

"Kristi, would you invite the Director of Human Resources and one of her assistants to the Island for an extended stay? Also, tell them about causal and comfort clothes, no business attire required. She needs to be here after we complete our training class."

"I'm on it Brad."

"Thank you."

He winks at her, then excuses all the assistant's, including Kristi, telling them they can work for an hour, then to go to his balcony and the owners will join them about that time.

After they left, Brad asks Craig to get them information on the assistant contracts -- when they expire, what the salaries are, their history with the company and all other employment details. He also asks him to get ten copies of the company rulebook, and an electronic copy, assuming one exists.

"Craig, it just dawned on me that I don't know where the corporate office is. Where is it?" Brad asks.

"It's anywhere you want it to be Brad. Danny never created one."

"Where is our HR located?"

"Fort Meyers, Florida," Craig replies. "It's just a small office with six employees, the Director and five HR clerks."

"I can only assume, at this point, that it is adequately staffed," Brad wonders.

"It is Brad," he said. "Okay, I will get that information as soon as I can and get back to you."

"Thanks Craig."

Craig left and Brad turns to his sisters.

He says to them, "I need details about the performance of each assistant because I want to get caught up to where Kristi is, pending her promotion."

"What promotion?" Peggy asks.

"I would like her to be in charge of the assistants and take total control of them. She can handle the job easily and she will help them improve their job skills."

"Okay Brad, if you say so," Stacy said as she and Peggy frown at each other.

"My bottom line is, I want the best team working for us, not a satisfactory team. It's hard to find five Kristi's. I know you guys don't think highly of her, but she has prepared me for just about everything I have encountered so far. I haven't been blind sided by anything that has happened, except for Charles and the VP. They were a shock to all of us. But, we talk about everything. That should tell you something about her," Brad said.

"Why haven't we got the same info as you?" Stacy asks.

"That is the exact reason why I want her to take charge of the assistants. She can train them to be real good at their job."

As they continue to talk, Peggy said she feels Scott has ulterior motives but can't put a finger on exactly what or why. Brad tells her it's a gut instinct and that's good enough for him. She also said she's getting comfortable with Rick so she wants to hang on to him, for now.

Stacy talks about Anita and said she is opening up to her and their relationship is improving so she wants to keep her. She is also concerned about Scott, but cannot put a finger on it either. Stacy agrees he did seem to be out of his element while in New York.

They both agree that Rick and Anita handled everything well and Scott was not needed. But they also said that if there were appearances and dates and all the rest that goes with it, things may have been different.

They all agreed to include Kristi in the assistant evaluation loop and let her make the final decision about salaries. Brad said he has a raise planned for her because she is being promoted. He's not sure about Jeni. She seems smart and efficient, but knows little else at this point. She performed very well over the last two weeks and he's happy with her performance, but is concerned about the Kristi and Jeni relationship. They are close friends and work quite well together, but....

Then, Stacy asks Brad about the Kristi relationship. He gets really personal and tells them she doesn't want to be his girlfriend, just a fuck buddy or a friend with benefits. Both Peggy and Stacy said that doesn't match the way she acts around him. They tell him she can't keep her eyes off him when you aren't looking. This only confuses him. What on earth should he do? Certainly not fire her. But, he asks his sisters if they thought he should replace her and they both said absolutely not. Brad is relieved to hear that. He feels he is really connecting to Kristi and does not want her to leave him.

Peggy said, "Brad, you have said many things about Kristi, but little about your feelings for her. Wanna clue us in?"

Pausing, "I'm in love with her Peggy," Brad replies. "But, if I tell her, it will most likely drive her away. She has to keep a professional relationship with me so she can do her job. So, I have decided to keep my feelings to myself in the meantime. At some point, I do intend to tell her, but I must gamble on the right time to do it. The fact is -- I need her more than she needs me, as sad as that sounds. I need her for the business stuff, but she doesn't want me for love. Sex maybe, but not love."

"I'm sorry big brother. I didn't know you were into her that much. If there's anything I or we can do to help, please let us know," Peggy said and Stacy agrees. "We want you to be happy too. But, I don't agree with everything you just told us and I'd like to leave it at that for now."

He acknowledges that, then asks his sisters if they want to talk about anything else. Each said not at this time, but Brad has one more thing to say.

"Understand.... this trip away from you guys hit me real hard. In the last three weeks, our personal relationship has grown, our business relationship has grown and we've become a family. Joining you two for two days in New York was the best decision I ever made and I'm glad I made it. I don't want our relationship to end anytime soon either. During the time we were apart, all I wanted was to be with the two of you. I love you guys."

Hearing that, they all, even Brad, began to tear up and they stood to hug each other.

"The world needs to watch out for the Packard siblings," he said, getting a laugh from the girls.