Satisfied With Love Ch. 14

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"I should have known that Brad. Good answer and thank you. Next question. Kristi, would it be okay with you if we depart around noon or one instead of five for the trip home?" Larry asks.

"Are you sure you want to give up four hours of training?" she asks.

"Kristi, we are all pumped up like you can't believe. I can't remember ever feeling like this after a training session. You told us we have everything we need to get the job done and I, all of us actually, agree with you. We just want to hit the road and make it happen. We have a long trip ahead of us and we can use it to talk between us and make some plans," Larry said.

"Okay! Wow. Good answer... Well, I don't know, Larry. We better ask Dad," she said as she burst out laughing, as did the others.

"Good one Kristi! Make it happen for them," Brad said giving her a hi-five.

"I think, maybe, I like Huggie Bear instead of Dad," she said, smiling and snuggling him.

Kristi said they have to break for breakfast and they are having a good time joking with the team. Then returned to the main lounge for more relationship questions and discussions.

"Brad, this is your first relationship training class. Is there anything you will change going into the next class?" Larry asks.

"Yes there is, Larry, and Kristi, no doubt, will want to talk about this as well." Brad said. "My biggest change is not to lay out personal stories from my staff for the world to see and hear. I would appreciate it if all of you would keep Jeni's story to yourselves as well as my family plan. Jeni's story got more attention than I anticipated by her or myself and now I wish I just cut her off from saying anything about it. I don't want to expose her or any other team member ever again. It is not necessary. It is my belief we can accomplish this training without doing that."

Larry replies, "As for Jeni's personal story, it was deeply meaningful to all three of us. I'm actually glad she told it because it told us a lot not just about Team Brad, but the Packard Empire too. And, we were able to see some the of the hugs you speak so highly of and more important, the reason behind them, and the affect they have on people. It made us see, with our own eyes and with our own emotions, the power of hugs. We are impressed by each one of your team members."

"Rick's ass chewing is what sold me," Larry continues. "Even though he was talking to Sandi, it is the best one I ever had. He brought my thoughts right out in front of me, slapped me a couple times and called me out on them. To top it off, he did it without raising his voice, nor did he appear angry, disappointed maybe, but not angry. He did a great job and it's exactly what I needed. Kristi's challenges was also important to me. Her parting statement last night shook me to my core, Helen and Sandi too."

"I did some thinking resulting from that. For a while, I wondered why I was so skeptical myself. We hold no grudge or ill will against anybody here. In an odd way, I'm glad it happened. Now I understand why you treat your team as equals. You have the greatest team I have ever seen," Larry said. "Trust me when I say that we have egg all over us for doing what we did to you guys. We can't apologize enough for our assumptions and behavior."

"Thank you all for that, Larry. Apology accepted, event forgotten. Another thing I would like to change is not to reveal my family plan. It only gives impressions of me and that is not what this training is about. I decided not to tell my team the story unless they asked, but I should not have told anybody else until I told them. Live and learn. It took a long time to tell the story and to me, that was time lost. Ain't hindsight great?" Brad asks.

Larry saddened his expression saying, "I'm sorry, Brad. I asked you about the plan because I was desperate to find out how you accomplished this task. It is truly amazing to me that you were able to do it so quickly. Your story was true, honest and risky, but well evaluated and executed, leaving room for changes - a very unique plan. But, you are also right in that even I do not believe it contributed to relationship training, but it did tell me what I wanted to learn," Larry said.

Brad continues, "One more change would be to weed out the questions that are not training related," Brad said. "I want to end the witch hunts because they waste too much time. If the guests do not like that decision, the training will end and they will return home without completing the training. Right now, that is the way I feel. It may change before the next class begins because we will discuss it as a team."

"Just to let you know, I got a call from the CEO at Packard Publishing, Jackie Griffin, shortly after you left our company. She was interested in what happened because of the rumor mill. I told her about the VP firing so she knew about it before you arrived. She was very interested in the things we discussed so I think she might be as interested as I about the training," Larry said.

"I also knew about the blog and saw your speech about Chuckie being fired. All three of us watched the video. It was awesome Brad. I am so thankful you and your sisters are in control of this corporation."

"Thanks Larry. She did tell me she spoke with you."

"One more bit of advice," Kristi said. "Don't go back and talk about how great the training is. Let your people see it through your actions. Remember, actions speak louder than words, so start with actions and back it up with words. And please, don't talk about the contents of this training to others. I would rather they get the info from the class."

"I know that sounds insulting, but I don't mean it that way. My point being, if people walk into this training knowing everything about it, there is no reason for the training. That's my only concern. If they ask, tell them they need to participate in the training."

They agree after she explained why and they are okay with it.

"Larry, you told me yesterday you would not tell your employees how you feel about them. Why do you want to keep that from them?" Brad asks.

"Good question, Brad. I have been processing a lot of information about what has been said since we began this training yesterday. It has given me a new insight about leadership. I desire to be the leader that Bradley Weber is. Deep down, it feels like a win-win to me. My company, your company actually, deserves all the accolades I can give them. Therefore, I can no longer withhold that information from them."

"Like you, I no longer want any secrets between us, or our team. They are such a smart group of people, I can't begin to explain to you how bad I want them to stay and work at Packard Records. I will tell them... No, I have to tell them that and other things as well, but I want to pick the right time to do it. I don't know how long that will take at this point, but it will happen. I have not got that far ahead in my planning," Larry reveals.

"This training has been worth its weight in gold. I learned more than you think, or at least, I think I learned more than you think."

They giggle.

"I'm glad you offered the training and I'm glad I took you up on it. I can't tell you how much better I feel about my staff, about my employees, about my company, about the Packard Empire and about myself. I am as seriously proud of my company as you are of your staff. Over the next month or however long it takes, my company will learn that."

"Great Larry, I wish you and your team success," Brad concludes.

Kristi altered the travel plans back to LA for them, but the private jet will not be ready for departure until about 2. The morning passed as Larry, Sandi and Helen observed the team in action, asking more questions as they got more inquisitive, but there are no more skeptical questions.

As they are about to leave, Larry asks, "Stacy, would you be offended if I asked you to dance with me. You remind me of my young bride."

"Why isn't your young bride here?"

"She passed away from breast cancer 11 years ago."

"I'm sorry to hear that Larry. How old are you?"

"48 years young," he replies.

"You are awful young to loose your bride to breast cancer. I'm sorry for your loss... No, I would not be offended as long as you do not squish my toes."

They dance as if they had been dancing together for years while everyone one watches. Kristi takes Brad's arm and rested her head on his shoulder as her eyes got a little wet. Anita did the same with Rick.

When they stop, Stacy said, "My apologies. You are a very good dancer, Larry."

"That's what my Stacy always told me. Thank you. I appreciate it more than you know," Larry said, giving her a small peck on her forehead.

Brad and Kristi thought that is a very brief, yet heart warming story, about Larry's deceased wife and feel sorry for him.

********

The flight was ready shortly after 2 so they had more time than they thought on the Island. From there, the staff got their luggage and heads to the pier to ride to the big island on board the boat. The three owners and Kristi escort them to the private jet, saw them off and wished them well with the challenge before them.

On the trip back to the Island, Brad wraps Kristi in his arms.

He looks at her and asks, "Do you think we will have a problem with the staff surprising us with unexpected resignations?"

Kristi lit up like a light bulb saying, "Oh Baby! I did not even think of that! No, that will be literally impossible as I see it. I love you Baby."

Then she whispers into his ear, "I can't get enough of you."

Kristi gives him another hug and adds a few kisses to go along with it. Brad's sisters smile as they watch them get mushy with each other. Kristi wants to hold him tight for the rest of the trip to the Island, but Brad's sisters come to them and crash their hug.

"Sorry Kristi, we need some Brad time too," Peggy said.

"I'm okay with that. Join in," Kristi replies.

With smiles all around, Brad and Kristi let them in and they stay like that until the boat docks at the Island.

"Now, what is this about unexpected resignations?" Stacy asks with Peggy just as interested.

"About a year before you arrived," Kristi began, "four out of six assistants resigned unexpectedly. Myself and Anita remained. We had to hire quickly to beef up the staff. That was when Rick, Scott and later, Jeni joined us in that order. It was a shock they left all at once but we still had to deal with it. We have since learned all four of them are working for the same competitor."

"Interesting," Peggy said.

********

As the owners arrive back on the Island, Brad calls an impromptu team meeting. They assemble by the pool and relax.

Brad said, "First, I need to thank Kristi for a job well done. Her training plan went well. Even I got an education."

"Second, all of you gave of yourself to help make this training very successful and we thank you for that. I think all of us learned something as a result, things that really touched us as individuals and as a team."

"Third, the three owners and Kristi wish to express our gratitude for the sincere assistance we all put forth to make this first training class a success.

Fourth, I'm not going to tell you anything the guests have not already told you directly, but, on the way to the airport, the guests expressed they are impressed with our performance and willingness to speak to them, even with us present. My impression is, that is what blew them away the most. When you were willing to leave the room if we left, they were shocked. That is what did it for Sandi and Larry. She was the biggest skeptic there."

"They also felt your answers were honest and sincere. Rick, Larry asked me to thank you on behalf of all three of them for the ass chewing you gave them, as he called it. As you heard them say, they appreciated the kick in the ass and sincerely hold no ill will. It came from their heart and they were sincerely sorry they came here looking to expose us. I, personally, want to thank you for the professional way you handled it."

"Anita, I'm sorry I cut you off from answering the question. I pretty much knew how you were going to handle it, but I wanted to hear how Rick would handle that situation. Great response Rick... I can't express enough how proud I am of all of you and I know my sisters and Kristi feel the same way. Thank you all again. You represented the Packard Empire with intelligence and patience."

"Bottom line - they would have taken all of you back to LA with them if I gave the okay. I guess I'm just too greedy. We cannot function without our team, and yes, we will be the first to admit it."

"Did they ask any questions you did not expect?" Brad asks.

Everyone shook their heads and Kristi was the only one to respond saying, "Yes. Larry asked you how you planned to change our attitudes. I was surprised he asked and even more surprised when you answered him. That was an education itself but it was not what I thought you were experiencing."

Anita asked, "Brad, your plan has been mentioned several times now. Is it the plan that actually changed our attitudes?"

"It is plan that made us a family as well as change our attitudes Anita, so yes, it is."

"Would you be willing to share it with us?"

"I thought you'd never ask. I sure will. I was afraid you did not want to know, letting me slide and not asking me about it. Settle in, this will take a few minutes," Brad said, smiling at Anita as she returns his smile.

He sits up and gets in a comfortable position as he begins his story.

As Kristi takes control of his hand, he tells them the same story he told in the training class.

"I will not reveal that plan again in a training class. I don't think it was fruitful because it focused more on me instead of relationship training. I told it because... I don't know, I just did... I'm still having difficulty believing that one tight hug made them so skeptical," Brad said. "Sandi did not even see the hug in Larry's office, yet she was the most skeptical of them all."

"Brad, that is awesome. I was not aware of the struggles you were experiencing to make this happen for us. I don't think any of us knew. You, on the other hand, barely knew any of us. That was blind faith you put in us. It is emotionally touching to me that you trusted us at that time. Were you expecting it to be difficult?" Anita asks.

"Honestly Anita, I had no clue what to expect. That was the first time I ever planned something like this and saw it through to fruition. But, I was determined to make you guys a happy family and I was focused on it. If that plan didn't work, I would have tried another, and another until it happened. But it did work. I guess my childhood wasn't as bad as I thought..."

"It was not blind faith, however," Brad continues. "All of you have been here long enough to have earned my Father's and Kristi's support and respect. That is what I based my decision on. Also, I did not tell anybody what I was doing, not even Kristi because I wanted everyone to feel what I was doing, not be forced into it. Anita, do you feel that I used you in any way to reach my personal goal?"

"No Brad, I don't feel used at all. I feel more grateful than anything else. You used your experience to reach your goal, not us, even though you are just a 23 year old kid," Anita said and laughs.

The team joins in, laughing, and have another fun time.

"Thanks Anita," Brad said laughing and gives her a hi-five.

"Brad, you have touched all of us very deeply. I am so glad you did what you did. I feel like I owe you or something, but I don't know what," Jeni said.

"Don't go there Jeni. Nobody owes me or us anything. We did what we did for you because we want to do it and because we feel you deserve it. It was a decision we made willingly. As I said, all of you have been here a long time and have proven your worth to this company. Kristi has always spoken highly of all of you so I had no problem with that decision, none at all," Brad said.

"Still, your plan was an impressive plan Brad. Would you mind if I tell the team what you and Kristi did for me?"

"That is your decision and it's personal for you. If that is what you want to do, I will support you. My only request is you reveal why you want to tell the team your story first."

"I got to thinking. I told three perfect strangers about my experience because I put my foot in my mouth. If I can't tell this team, which I'm close to, what does that say about me? That is a question I can't even answer. Other than that, this team needs to know how generous and considerate our leaders are."

"Thank you Jeni, go for it."

Jeni told the story of her new contract and the lessons Kristi and Brad taught her. She was much more detailed this time but still kept her contract information private. When she completes her story, she needs another hug from Brad and Kristi, so she got up and embraces them as the rest of the team joins them in a group hug. Everybody feels for her. They return to their seats a few minutes later.

"You gave me a compliment that surprised me after I told the story Brad. I figured you were going to chew me out because I screwed up," Jeni said.

"Believe me Jeni, my original plan was to chew you out. But you made your story so meaningful and emotional I dropped the plan all together. It was the best story I have ever heard from you and it had a major impact on the training. It taught a very important lesson to the guests. As it turns out, it was worth you telling it, but be more careful next time," he said, giving her a hi-five.

"Kristi, that was above and beyond what a normal boss would do for any employee. Why did you do that for her?" Rick asks.

"Jeni, is it okay with you if I talk about this with the team?"

"Yes Kristi, it is absolutely okay with me."

"Thanks."

"It is Rick. I have learned that a leader would not have a problem doing this, but I don't think a boss would not go down that road. Remember, I have learned a lot from Brad, Stacy and Peggy as you guys have. We are very lucky our new owners are not normal bosses. Let me continue the answer by asking you some questions," Kristi said.

"Is Jeni good at her job?"

"As far as I can tell."

"Does she have a great attitude?"

"That is one thing she does have."

"If you were her leader, would you want to maintain her employment?"

"Absolutely."

"Would you want her to be taken advantage of?"

"You're right Kristi. No, I wouldn't want her to be taken advantage of either."

"Would we do the same thing for you? Absolutely we will. Everyone of you is important to the owners and we will do what we need to do for each one of you. You've noticed that Jeni no longer has a self confidence problem, right?" Kristi asks.

"Yeah. It is very obvious," Rick said giving Jeni a hi-five. "When Brad told her she was fired a few days ago, I was shocked. I was even more shocked when she did not believe him. I just knew Brad was going to give her walking papers right then. Then, I was even more shocked when he fired me."

"Now, I see it as a set up to show us about knowing the attitude change is right, and to bring Jeni's self confidence out in the open. It taught me a lesson too, about my own self confidence. Jeni knew he was not serious. I did not. That caused me to make some of my own changes. And, because I talked to Anita about it, she made some of her own changes. I feel that is one reason why we are as strong as we are today. When Sandi asked you guys to leave the room, I could not believe she asked you to do that. That is why I spoke up."

Brad said, "Good info Rick... So, was it worth doing? Yes. Would we do it again if we need to? Yes. Jeni came out of that lesson with very strong self confidence. I would like to thank Kristi for planning and executing her lesson plan to teach Jeni. I was just helping out by being an actor playing a role with Kristi to help out a friend and great employee. That lesson was as important to us as it was to Jeni."