All Comments on 'Satyr Play 02 Pt. 02'

by BurntRedstone

Sort by:
  • 83 Comments
frazodfrazodover 5 years ago
Not sure how to rate

This is a tough one. Mab needs to be taken down. She basically ripped apart the hidden council with the orgy/forced breeding. Maybe she no longer cares. I would also think the other elves wouldn't be happy with what she has done.

Does no one care about Nathan? Saying they are worried about him doesn't seem to cut it. I have lost complete respect for Marisa. Not having to use a condom--really? I wouldn't deal with her anymore. Guess I am not into sharing.

Also, I was left confused about the other 31 children. What became of them? Did Mab get them?

Finally our protagonist is too laid back. His kid is ripped away by Baba, Mab is going to take over the world, and he's worried about getting a new apartment.

I'm glad you will continue this story. However, it is starting to remind me of books where bad things only happen to good people, and there is never any payback.

Hoping Lorelei gets into the story and kicks some butt.

I am open to slamming by other people if I misinterpreted (or missed) something.

Thank you for writing. I did enjoy this (even with all my complaining).

J_Reader_ComicsJ_Reader_Comicsover 5 years ago
Hope

Well, this was quite the journey between the two parts. I'm in awe of how good this story is. The ending shows that there is potential for more to come. I sure hope that is so. Too many unanswered questions. I really feel awful for Henry. He has this child with Mab, and she steals the body. Then immediately after that, he is potentially betrayed by his adoptive grandmother. At least with Ikehorn's gift, he now knows his child lives.

My only question is, I thought the link to the global healing spell was to Henry and not the ring. I mean, Mab never touched the ring and the glowing indicator to Walter was under Henry not the ring. The ring was just the embodiment of the curse.

Anyway, thank you for the story. It was thrilling, and painful to read.

Medic975Medic975over 5 years ago
Fantastic

I'm both pleased to read this installment but annoyed that I'm done. Loved a lot of the arcs you've made here. Hated the Marissa Nate one, I know that Henry doesn't have a a leg to stand on but Marissa was his first love and this just feels like a betrayal. Of course I fully recognize the double standard. I do love that the trio has been brought into the know. And I'm glad to see what direction Roger seems to be taking. Think it fits well with his personality. I cannot wait for the next installment. Thank you.

ReaderReaderficReaderReaderficover 5 years ago
I don't know

Honestly I stopped reading when Nate and Larissa got together at the mansion I know its on me but I can't Handel Henry not being the only guy for them I'm sorry if it changes later on but I can't come to terms with Henry having to share HIS girls they are just to special to be contaminated by Nate or anyone else I'd he fine with Nate and someone who isn't Henry's

I didn't rate because the story writing is great as always its just my belief that gets in the way so I don't think it would he fair for me to give it a rating

wawferwawferover 5 years ago
Nate lol

I love the Nate and Marissa pairing, I cant wait how you have Henry deal with his human jealousy lol. I love your writing, and I'm pretty sure I would love any direction you take. You have a unique perspective in this genre and I love it!

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
I love this world, but...

I'm TOO involved! **minor incomprehensible spoiler**

I stopped reading at the negotiations at Mab's party because I was so pissed off they weren't holding her accountable.

BluJ

kuhpa01kuhpa01over 5 years ago
Splendid Story Telling

Thank you for this installment of the Satyr saga. It was gripping with suspense, and at the same time dripping with romance. So many interesting side characters! The little vampire, the shy spider, the snake lawyer (isn't that redundant?) and perhaps most interesting, Ikehorn the Queen's Enforcer remade as a compassionate healer.

Great introduction of Nate as Henry's 'Bro' (a role that the crazy Roger could not fit into), I hope he doesn't come to a bad end at the hands of the mad queen.

Wonderful bit of humor with the Pixie-Pigeon at the end!

GrindleGrindleover 5 years ago
Excellent story telling

Excellent writing. How about getting back to Ben Shepherd?

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Please

Get rid of Nate permanently. Show him as being complicit with Mab from the beginning or something. Marissa belongs to Henry.

tangledweedtangledweedover 5 years ago
AARGH, website updates as I click on page 27!!!

So after reading almost all of the 3 parts of Satyr Play and Nick's introductory side story, I am up past 2 AM and finally turning to the last page and Literotica is down for 3 hours for an update...

It was a bit funny, because it made me realize how drawn into this story I had been over the weekend. I neglected some things I shouldn't have in order to consume this story and if that isn't a recommendation, I don't know what is.

ender2k2kender2k2kover 5 years ago
Wonderful story.

Some people post great stories here. You manage to post great novels. Thanks.

SVDIP110SVDIP110over 5 years ago
@frazod and everyone who thinks our protagonist is just going with the flow...

Keep calm and wait for Satyr's play part 3.

This is a story setup for upcoming parts. Remember our protagonist is still learning how to wield magic ( in a sense ... at last). And the part where he was forced to take action for his baby is gorgeous. I have a feeling in upcoming srories he will face hard choices and will actively drive the stories. The whole plot of the story somehow feels like a giant cliffhanger. So don't give a 2 star because yoh are unsatisfied with the ending.

Thanks Burntredstone for the nice read. Waiting for your patrion page.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
marisa <\3

I honestly thought she'd be exclusive to Henry...

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Marisa

I was hoping Marisa would be Henry's primary partner and also the mother of the first child. It's her with whom Henry always finds his peace. But it's as well..

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
New King?

Henry (single-handed) kicked her ass and she had to be rescued before fleeing.

Also, as the father of the queen's new body shouldn't he rule? Maybe he has no desire for social status and politics.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Wonderful, simply amazing

I am so impressed with your writing. Nothing went as I thought it would. You have a gift for taking the reader on journey that demands attention. Thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
More!

I ENJOYED ALL OF THIS! Still hungry for more and can't wait to see more of all these characters and their interactions!

SuggestionSuggestionover 5 years ago
Where did my day go?

I couldn't walk away from it. Well done!

arrowglassarrowglassover 5 years ago
Kept my attention from beginning to end!!!

So well put together...fascinating...compelling read!!!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
suspicion

I have a feeling that Baba Yaga took Henry's daughter back in time to a river in Germany. Just a feeling btw loving the story

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Patreon please

Wonderful story arc, but that’s pretty much the case with

most of what you’ve done. I’d love to be able to contribute

to your efforts and pay back some of the pleasure you’ve

given. Please consider enrolling in Patreon.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
True to life

First love is just that. Tragedy and grief happen to us all. Good writing skillfully blends these negative elements with positive ones for a more realistic story, even in a fantasy setting. Interesting who the protagonist had a baby with, never saw that coming. Surprise is another element in a good yarn. Predictable victorious hero stories lack creative artistry and art is life. The author not only rules, he rules OK!

ZZchromosomeZZchromosomeover 5 years ago
Extraordinary

As usual, BRS. Looking forward to the next update.

Dry_opinionDry_opinionover 5 years ago
Well done, but ...

Nice complex story. Those are hard to maintain, but you did it, Sir. Much respect.

Of course there are some minor concerns.

I wish that Henry would get more joy out of his magic. He has good intentions and tries helping people, but spends most of the time fearing consequences and fixing damages caused by using his abilities. Shouldn't he be rewarded for being the good guy?

It also feels like there should be an ultimate reason for Henry to be able to wield so much power. Shouldn't he bring balance to the magic world or something? Doesn't power comes with responsibility to bring positive change in lives of ALL magic creatures, not just himself?

Again these are just minor concerns. The writing muse does not follow a set path. So please share whatever captures your imagination.

Thanks for the inspiration.

wil2085wil2085about 5 years ago
sigh

ok so it seems roger was turned into a dTesh. which means they are related to wild magic/wherever the glass people are.. this also means the creature from the pool last chapter is related to it also.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago

Brilliant, hope there is more to come.

VaginalpuppetryVaginalpuppetryabout 5 years ago
I'll Be Waiting

Hope to see what happens in Part 3!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
Very creative

Many interesting threads. I look forward to the next chapter

HappymanatheartHappymanatheartabout 5 years ago
One of my favorites

This story along with some other finally got me to make an account and stop lurking in the shadows. Great work and I can't wait to see part 3. I've enjoyed all the different assortment of characters and the complex story line. Keep up the fantastic work on Mr. Stanley Garin's story! - Clay

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
Here's lusting for part 3!

Well, I've finally finished all of your sci-fi/fantasy and nonhuman stories, and Satyr Play is definitely your best work in those categories. I also read the three parts of the story involving Ed, the HVAC guy, and I think you also topped it by a decent margin. I have loved all of your stories I have read, so far, so that should tell you how much I think of this series.

I looked through the dates and noticed that there were significant periods between part 1 and 2, so I'm really hoping I'm not stuck waiting forever, but I know it can't be easy to churn out amazing work in your free time for no pay. So, I guess I have no choice but to hope I don't forget about this story while I'm waiting for the next chapter (or conclusion?), because I really do crave the next installment of Stanley/Henry's story. I'm kinda wondering if one or both of the vampires from Bride in Black will make an appearance, or if the young Siren will become an ally for the folks at VRL.

Here's to a Part 3 sooner rather than later! Thanks!

ausvirgoausvirgoabout 5 years ago
Loving the series.

One thing though, which is not about you but more about the lack of smarts of some of the characters: Once Stanley's ring was discovered to be linked to a death spell, why didn't Baba Yaga or another magic wielder add a spell to stop the ring from being able to be turned. Even if the ring couldn't have been physically locked, it could have been covered with a shield ring, or even protected by an aversion spell, thus dramatically reducing the risk of it being turned and killing Stanley/Henry and the human race. In addition to reducing the risk of an apocalyptic disaster, such a spell would have made the option of a second dragon ring more acceptable to Stanley to use the other Dragon ring, although doing so would have messed with the story somewhat.

Oh, and one small typo: when Henry was looking into his daughter's eyes, you referred to Henry as "she". Congratulations though on having so few typos.

ausvirgoausvirgoabout 5 years ago
Some interesting thoughts:

Baba Yaga has two problems to deal with because of Henry's daughter (in Mab's rejuvenated body) having Henry's finger with the dragon ring on it:

1) She now has a young child who is likely to discover the ring and play with it, possibly triggering the death of herself (or Henry?) and all of humanity (or would it only kill all Satyrs (Henry, Tish and as yet unborn baby), since if it Killed Henry he would be in his Satyr form so the sympathetic magic would affect Satyrs?)

2) She also is likely to discover her link to the Fae global healing spell, perhaps in her dreams as Henry did, and play with it as Henry did but as a playful child.

In my previous comment I've suggested solutions for problem 1) which could, and IMO should, have been used when Stanley had the ring, but Baba Yaga's on her own with problem 2).

Looking forward to Satyr Play 02 Pt. 03, or Play 03 Pt. 01, whichever it will be.

linnearlinnearalmost 5 years ago
Wonderful

That was a very well done series. You had so many characters but you made it easy to follow them, I was expecting you to end it more completely but I'm hoping you are going to give us another chapter. I know I would be happy to see it.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Amazing

can't wait for the next part!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
The author left out several million characters.

Otherwise the entire population of the U.S. showed up in this "part". WTF??

stenxyzstenxyzalmost 5 years ago
Great story

Really enjoyed the story. Will there be more? Please!

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Greetings. This is a great story; I hope you finish the next chapter soon. I keep checking. Hopefully soon. Thanks

Great story, but finish the next chapter. The faith of humanity is in your hand.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Seriously

You need to finish this story. As much as I love your other stories, especially the Ben Shepherd series, you do need to bring Satyr Play stories to a close

Khirsa78Khirsa78over 4 years ago
Wonderful

Great work, your interpretation of magic works well in this series. I do have to admit that I was saddened to see Marisa with some one other than Henry. I always pictured them as the true love of the story. Can't wait to see part 3!

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago

It's third time reading this story and looking forward to the next part, hope you can find time to deliver it soon.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Hope

the data recovery or re-write goes well.

this mega size saga can be continued soon.

the long wait for more intrigue, mystery and action will be satisfied.

Best wishes

Easy-nuh-man

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Really loved your story

Had a great time reading your story. Loved the world you created and how everything intersects especially. I hope you continue with this story. Thank you for sharing it

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Wonderful

Absolutely wonderful! Please don't make us wait too long for part 3. 5 stars!!!!

Messy112Messy112almost 4 years ago
3 star

Stop reading after you made Nate and Marisa couple.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
You are an idiot

You might wan't to keep reading you moron, you just missed a fuck ton

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
editing

I have enjoyed many of your stories as they are well written with few errors/flaws. I would suggest one more layer of proofreader to remove the last of the errors that interfere with the smooth flow of your stories. Your stories flow along near perfectly, so it was a surprise to run into a break in that flow somewhere around page 20 on the site. I don't think there were more than a half dozen errors in the story. I think that is exceedingly well done for a story of this length. Please continue with your writings as I think you are one of the best on this site. Anony Mouse

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Enjoying this tale!

Just finished the Satyr stories and waiting for part 3. THANK YOU, I've enjoyed your stories for a while. I've read other authors and enjoy them all and I came back to read the Satyr Play, found I'd read the Nate and Still River stories before. Still enjoy long stories, like your Shepherd stories.

I guess I'm not observant enough, or not as much into the genre, but I noticed few errors or anomalies in the story. I know there were a couple but I'd have to read it again to find them.

rRC

DoctimeDoctimeover 3 years ago

Your mind is brilliant however the nonhuman saga is difficult to read. I am willing to keep trying and await the next chapter.

JBluejayzzJBluejayzzover 3 years ago
Enthralling

This was a very well written and enthralling story. Good character development and plot design, though the erotica became just an add-on and secondary to the story line after a while. Still a five-srar effort.

TangentFoxTangentFoxover 3 years ago

I'm so glad to discover a continuation after the first part, though I am very late to read it. Thank you, this has been a wonderful story in a fascinating world.

johsunjohsunover 3 years ago

Damn good story. I hope there's plans to continue it.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

I love the story but I really don’t like the addition of Nate

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Magnificent

I have been reading your stories since March of 2020. I am delighted with your grasp of character development, setting description, plot pacing, action sequences, and of course, toe-curling erotica. Unlike so many others I have read on this site, your emphasis on crafting an enthralling story punctuated by actual emotional connection in the erotic moments sets you apart. This story I feel is your best yet. It brings in a fascinating addition of the supernatural and feels much like I am reading a script for a TV show than erotic fiction. Keep up the good work, as reading your stuff is inspiring to my own creativity! Thanks again! ^_^

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

@Bluejayzz has a point when saying that the erotica seems to be becoming less important as the imaginative plot and characters take center stage. Sᴀᴛʏʀ Pʟᴀʏ has evolved into a well written fantasy novel with strong sexual elements, rather than being erotica with fantasy characters— and is greatly improved by the shift.

This is now a book that, with some editing, could be accepted by fantasy/science fiction publishers. With its interesting and varied characters and its novel and complex plot, Sᴀᴛʏʀ Pʟᴀʏ has become, chapter by chapter, a very readable novel indeed.

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

You would be one of the best authors on the site if you didn’t keep degrading your stories with main female characters getting with people other than the MC. You did it in the Shepherd series with Cat betraying Ben, the Jack Danner series with Diana fucking anything non-human with a dick resulting in her getting knocked-up by another male and now this one with Marisa betraying Henry with Nate. She is his main girl, the one who has a special bond with him, who can calm him no matter what, and now she’s tainted. I no longer care about her as a character and she was my favourite girl. I don’t get the fascination with bringing in side characters and having them have sex with the MCs girls. Henry is the MC. He’s the one we picture ourselves as when we read it, the one we want to be. It’s like having a hot girl want to have sex with with you but you turn her down so you can watch her have sex with someone else. It makes no sense. Even Tefler has ruined his masterpiece by doing it. So disappointing.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

I loved this story, but Nate's involvement kind of blew it up for me.

not_a_viking_honestnot_a_viking_honestover 2 years ago

You have a rather irritating habit of, what to me at least looks like, artificially introducing characters to have sex with the main male characters girl. Marisa was obviously the one for Henry but then you introduced some Twilight-like BS in the form of Nate - don't argue, that's exactly what you did - and pretty much ruined a damn good story. You pulled the same BS in those other goatman stories, the name escapes me right now.

Most irritating of all though, there's no really strong emotion going on here. Henry seems to get over how special Marisa was to him with the snap of Camila's fingers. You don't build any kinda of tension or confrontation, you just have him avoid anything emotional using the excuse that they're not human, and that quite frankly, is some serious BS. It's so obvious he feels possessive and you invalidate how he feels.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Please can we have more Baba

Its like an Arnie or Stallone movie she gets the th better limes

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Honestly I don't mind the addition of Nate, and Its nice that the MC got a bro, but the buildup in the first 2 stories have severely hinted at Marisa and Henry having a strong connection with each other multiple times as she was able to calm him down many times. But it seems like you didn't introduce many relationship building scenarios for these 2 as I never really saw them go out with each other at all.

Nate's appearance and then subsequent infatuation with Marisa was jarring and seemed forced for the story as it seemed like it was decided halfway, even though Nates first encounter with the Hidden Races was with a Succubus, who tried to enslave him so that he can be used as a Battery. In his shoes I would have been a lot weary about another interaction with a succubus.

Again I actually liked the introduction of another Male character that could understand what Henry was going through, but his relationship development with Marissa was a 'Wait what!?' moment for me.

There are some other concerns regarding character development, but your plot is where I think you get your points in and overall I have enjoyed reading these stories.

Michael56SmithMichael56Smithover 2 years ago

A small quibble, in the fist section of this installment, it was mentioned that the Army fired a 50mm weapon at the 'black ribbon' creature. Well, you may have meant to write 50 caliber, as that is something fairly common in a platoon deployment,.. however the Army does have 50mm cannons, like the MX913 Bushmaster chain-gun or the M242 Bushmaster, both of these weapons would have brought the mysterious beastie down... Thanks for a wonderful read... ;-) TTFN

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Trying to make sense of Henry’s relationships

The author does not play by any consistent rules in regards to ‘glamours’. Comments makes it clear that the dragon ring allows shape-shifting (i.e. the Stanley is 100% human or 100% satyr). This was not always consistent, but the perfect example of the inconsistency has not happened yet. The old magic glamour is supposedly illusion only, but an illusion that works on eyes and tech (and presumably an illusion of touch too as naked individuals would have to feel like they had clothes). The wild magic glamour does not appear to follow any consistent rules, particularly Henry’s glamour. For instance, he never haves his satyr strength when glamoured but does have his satyr pheromones.

Stanley would probably die a virgin. He is a scrawny, nice guy who is socially awkward and lacks self-confidence. He would be forever delegated to friend-mode. His satyr pheromones changes everything for him though, enchanting Marisa and then Sigrid.

Henry always has his satyr pheromones active, is big and strong, and is nice and sexually experienced. He would get plenty of action even though he lacks self-confidence (outside of computers) and bravery in general. In the words of Mab, Henry is not confident, outgoing, or assertive, which are all typically desirable traits in a male companion.

Looking at the relationships of Stanley/Henry shows that he is willing to fuck any female that asks and often will fuck females that even look like they want to fuck. However, these relationships seem to be just casual, as in fuckbuddies.

The fact that he did not see his work associates as friends shows in him seeking friendship and casual relationships elsewhere (i.e. Sandy’s group). Even here, he never goes to the next step of having more than a casual relationship. Specifically, he never asks a woman out on a date.

There are two occurrences in the first two books of dates. One is with Sigrid, and at the end of the second book, he has a date with Meixiu. The book stated that, “He expected this frequency to taper off once they'd recovered from the shock of his presumed demise.” Why would he think that? Did he think that they didn’t want an ongoing, close personal relationship with him? Or did he not? Or was he not man enough to ask?

Is there any potential for a deep relationship revealed by the end of Part 2?

Paloma/Marisa was the female that took his cherry, and the book mentions her calming influence on him several times. This seemed to foreshadow a deeper relationship. However, that never happened yet. Instead, she tried to distance herself from him. She seeks casual affairs for feeding and then choses Nate for a deeper relationship. Although the book does not make it clear, she does make a baby with Nate. The book makes it clear that she grieves for Nate. After Nate, she occasionally fucks Henry, but the book doesn’t make that seem special at all.

The closest to a romantic relationship is Sigrid’s relationship with Henry. It is often mentioned that he is in awe of her and finds her adorable. It was mentioned twice that he dated her. No other female was given these accolades. And Sigrid has repeatedly been willing to put her life on the line vs Queen Mab for Henry’s sake and is charmed with by his appreciation of her.

Camila seems to start off using Henry as nothing more than a battery of energy, and the book makes it seem as though that is how Henry feels his relationship is with her – nothing special, just a source of energy for her. “Do you need to feed?” he may ask her rather than, “Would you like to make love with me?” However, up to Part 3, there are numerous little suggestions that indicate that Camila feels that Henry is more than a battery and more than just a fuckbuddy. Still, no romance was presented in the book, just fuck sessions.

Meixiu seemed to fall for him, and he actually had a date with her (in a single sentence mention). However, there was nothing presented in the books to indicate that Henry has any romantic emotion for her so far.

Tish lusts after Henry’s body. She is pregnant with his child. However, so far there is no indication that he has a deep romantic connection with her either.

Sandy, the one who looks like his mother, seems to arouse his interest, and he invited her to live with him. Yet, up to Part 3, there does not seem to be any deep romantic bonding there on Henry’s part either.

It seems like any female that is near him with fall in lust with him and that he will be willing to fuck them. However, it also seems like they are all friends-with-benefits relationships and no more at this time with the possible exception of Sigrid.

While the book probably doesn’t detail all their lives, it seems as though some of Henry’s harem actually are loyal (at least so far) to him and don’t seek cock elsewhere: Sigrid, Tish, Meixiu (discounting the pheromone-coerced orgy scene), and Sandy. And some of them do seek cock elsewhere, like Camila (Harmon, Nate) and Marisa (seeking human feed, Nate).

It’s interesting to note that Mary is the only female who had Henry once and never wanted him again. She doesn’t bear him ill will though.

It is made clear that he is reluctant to confide in any of them. And he certainly has his share of problems that he could confide in them about.

There seems to be 3 men in his circle: Nate, Roy, and Roger. Only one of them really makes sense as a friend, namely Roy, his father-figure. Roger is more of an acquaintance but was part of Sandy’s group. Nate was not integrated into the story well. Henry had a discussion with Nate about buying condoms, and that episode turned disastrous when Henry released his pheromones. Yet somehow Henry felt compelled to have a short conversation with him, where he discussed what it meant to be a part of the Hidden Races. After that, he was ready for him to be his best buddy. What? And next time he needed to confide in someone and groan about his problems, who did he call? Nate. Really?

It was also rather humorous that Henry got jealous of Nate about Marisa. Not only was Henry fucking a harem, he never actually pursued Marisa to make her his special mate. You snooze; you lose, buddy! I have seen situations play out like this in real life, so even though it is funny, it can happen. It was interesting that Camila was there to console Henry, and that he went to bed with Sigrid.

At this point, I’d say that Sigrid is the closest that Henry has to a girlfriend, but calling her a girlfriend is probably a stretch!

Can satyrs in the author’s world form deep romantic relationships? Maybe they are just intended to be casual fuckbuddies?

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Dig the very long chapters.. the dating (connections) are getting better as before it was just 3minutes and need for the deed. Glad Nate is gone after defiling the relationship of the two MC's of the previous chapters, those parts were skimmed over so I might have missed something pertinent but not worthy of caring about it.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Ok, I give!

You are a fucking world class author!

I have avoided some of your work base on the topics, but everything you put out I eat up. It doesn't matter what it is I get in thrilled by it!!!! I am now your #1 FAN!!!!!!!!!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Looking at the comments, everybody loves Stanley/Henry and they hate Nate. Yeah, I'm not so fond of Nate either, but I understand why things are the way you wrote them, I get it. I think Stanley/Henry is way too emotional and a fairly large pansy, can't help but like him though.

.

Great story, great writing. Love all your stuff. I think this is the third time, maybe the fourth, that I've made my way through this, still love it. Thanks for posting.

FranziskaSissyFranziskaSissyover 1 year ago

Nooks and corners and lifts and jumps and earth and eden and humans and non humans and mages and soooooo soooooo much more , even just reading this as breathtaking but creating and not loosing the pathway or bimdings or connections or whatever, enchanting

🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🦄🦄🦄🦄🦄🦄🦄🦄🦄🍀

SensualSigmaSensualSigmaover 1 year ago

Rereading this fantabulous story and realised I'm an idiot.

"Felix, your family, sinkers or swimmers?"

He's Felix the gawddamn cat! I love that I can still find stuff new to me in this.

Michael56SmithMichael56Smithover 1 year ago

Yeah, Sensual Sigma, but does VRL's CEO's Felix have a bag of tricks? Felix is another interesting supporting character we have yet to learn much about, ... great series, ..., love the BurntRedstone version of magic and creatures that go bump in the night, ... ;-) TTFN

nighthawk22204nighthawk22204over 1 year ago

I am stricken by the thought that everything which is described as "Magic" is simply presently undefined Science, just as the mystery of flight was highly visible in most winged creatures, barring a few like dodos and penguins, but unattainable by humanoids till 'scientists' discovered the principles of flight, defined their parameters, and created the machines that now create transportation scheduling havoc every time a violent windstorm, blizzard, monsoon, or hurricane overrides the science that allows aircraft to be self-directed. Similarly, our societies progressed through spectacles, telescopes, binoculars, fluoroscopes, x-rays and night vision devices, to MRI's and other imaging advances. It may take several generations before future scientists discover the principles of major genetic changing which may be the basis for the return of Valkyries, Succubi, Fairies, Lycanthropes, Witches and like mystical species to become more prevalent and tolerated with equity in our societies.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Honestly, this is pretty bad. There are a ton of inconsistencies and things just change up on a whim. I find myself just not caring about any character in this story. Any time I even start, something gets changed and I stop. It’s annoying.

AnonymousAnonymous12 months ago

I simple love this series ❤️

Thank you so much, B.Redstone!!!

Mica

JamesthegoshdarnlegJamesthegoshdarnleg11 months ago

Love this series so far, I'm hoping Nate gets killed off in the next chapter I dislike him quite abit

Michael56SmithMichael56Smith8 months ago

Well. your first crack at writing a magic based series is off to a fine start, ... loved Stanley and I really like Henry too, .... all the ladies are pretty awesome too, ... except for Mad Mab of course, ... you write NYC and computer hardware / software quite convincingly, .... if you are faking in depth knowledge, then you really had me fooled, ... I don't think I have read any of your stories that I've not enjoyed, ... you do good work, thank you, ... ;-) ta ta for now

RanDog025RanDog0257 months ago

Damn I love this Author and his stories! Genius, pure genius! Another 5 BIG ASS FUCKING HUGE FLAMING NOVA STARS! Last reading? Over a year ago. Thank you once again BRS!

Old_LionOld_Lion5 months ago

Firstly, BRS, I love your work. Except this series...Why do I hate it? Oh let me count the ways. This series is horribly over complex, the characters are passive and seriously lacking in development. The plot line has been giving me a major headache....too many similar characters and ancillary other unimportant characters. Jesus, it's just too much hard word to read. I read for pleasure not pain.

Also, I resent you basing Mab, the Fae and Faerie all in Ireland!!!:Ireland is solely the domain of the Tuatha Dé Danann, Never the Fae!!!! AAAARGH.

Had enough, quitting reading this bloated tale

BigotedeFocaBigotedeFoca5 months ago

Absolutely superb, wonderful imagination, great writing, what’s not to love? Keep up the great work. Thanks again.

IrreventScribe3IrreventScribe35 months ago

Well @Old_Lion

You seem to take this very seriously its just a story. Every story is its own telling it doesn't need reality you so need.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Oof, I don't think this story is living up to the standards set by your other work. Partially, I think it's just very disjointed. Partially, I think you've messed up the relationships in it. If you want to have the women be emotionally and physically important to henry...then they can't just dip out to bone random other characters and then pop back in. Alternatively, if you want some sort of freewheeling everyone bangs everyone, then you can't really make him all hurt by others not being there for him.

JbRobertssonJbRobertsson4 months ago

Great story. This is the fourth or fifth time I've read through the series. Every time you add a chapter, I restart from the beginning and read up to it. Great stuff. 5 stars all day long.

.

Thanks for all the time and effort you've put forth in creating this tale, and your generosity in publishing it here.

whooaremewhooareme3 months ago

@Anonymous (Oof, I don't think this story is living up to...) I always wonder about people that drop critical analysis on a story in the anonymous mode. I see where you are headed with a couple of these points and you should chill out and read the next installment, all will be revealed. That is how it has been working so far. All will be reeeeeveaaaaaald. The author has done a masterful job of creating a new style of story and storyline intrigue. You may have to go back and reread some installments, Whoo knows (pun) you may not be as smart as you think you think you are. (The Whoo) aka Ron A

Gadf77Gadf772 months ago

Still such a great story. Although I kinda wish the sex scenes were a bit longer hehe. And I kinda agree with the comment about the MC and the female characters connected to him. Either they're connected to him or everyone just bones eachother sorta speak. I prefer the former. And wasn't keen on Nathan making moves on Marisa. I totally get why the MC wasn't to happy about his buddy making moves on her and she not being loyal in a sense to the MC. But that's just me. One (alpha) male is all you need imo. Just like with wolves hehe.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

Pathos from from Queen Mab's horrific organic and rape to stealing youth from Henry's child. Then her abduction and farewell from his beloved Baba.

His only recovery from madness was the support from his friends and extended family. (Karma?)

AnonymousAnonymousabout 22 hours ago

Nate is a slimy manipulative evil douchebag. All charming and lying about friendship and stabs his friend in the back. I know a guy like that. He is a cancer on the face of the earth.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userBurntRedstone@BurntRedstone
Welcome! I've added a Twitter feed (@burntredstone) where I will post updates as well. My stories are being submitted (gradually) to Amazon. As I understand I'm not allowed to include URLs to other sites here, you can find the books if you search for author name B Redstone ...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES