Sausage and The Law Ch. 01

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Me: "When I first came to the TCPD, that was my rank, as Supervisor of the IT Department. Then it became the rank of the Senior Detectives when we restructured the Detective ranks down. We later promoted them to full Lieutenants, so the rank is dormant. What I would like to do is have you in that position, as Supervisor of the Crime Lab and our TCPD CSIs."

Me: "I am authorized and prepared to offer you a contract with us, such that makes you Supervisor of the Crime Lab and CSIs, with the rank and position of Supervisor. You will be given credit for time served with other Law Enforcement entities so that you can retire from the TCPD after ten years of honorable service with a full pension at half the salary of Supervisor... even if you're promoted beyond that. If you go a full 20 years or earn a Medal of Valor, you can retire at any higher rank with that pay grade."

"Where do I sign?" Yolanda said...

Part 4 - Best Laid Plans

7:30pm, Tuesday, January 4th. Sheriff Griswold, Teresa Croyle, and I stood in the well of the Public Council Chamber. I was wearing my dark gray suit, white shirt and Wildcat Red tie, with my Badge on my belt and my holstered service weapon under my left armpit under the suit jacket. The Sheriff was in his uniform with Duty Dress jacket. Teresa was in Uniform, like she had been all day, but had added her armor vest; she was here for our security.

The 300-seat auditorium was about half full. There were no potential agitators in red or green t-shirts, and there were no blue-shirted counter-agitators, either. But there was a solid number of mostly black persons, dressed well, massed on the right side of the chamber, as viewed from back of the room.

I also noticed that instead of one podium and lectern in front of the auditorium, there were two, as if two speakers would be debating tonight. That was new and different, I thought to myself.

"New Year, new political season." said Teresa. Are you as optimistic as I am that everyone will work well together in harmony and a real sense of creating solutions for the People of the Town & County?"

I gave her a withering look and said "I'm just as optimistic as you really are." The Sheriff guffawed, his mustaches twitching merrily.

"I just love you two." he said. Then the side door by the Council bench opened, and the Members of the Town & County Council filed in.

Mayor Daniel Allgood said "Would everyone please rise and recite with us the Pledge of Allegiance?"

Democrat Council Members Kelly Carnes, Edgar Silas, and Malinda Adams immediately sat down and turned their chairs away from the American Flag, which was set on the floor to the audience's right. And a great many of the People of Color in the audience also did not stand up. The ones that did were older, and I suspected they were military veterans, as well. Teresa and the Sheriff saluted as the Pledge of Allegiance was recited, and l had my right hand over my heart.

After the Pledge, the Mayor said "Thank you. Please be seated.", ignoring the disrespect by the hatred-filled Democrats. "Let's begin with the submission of documents." Twelve people came forward to announce lawsuits and other redresses of wrongs, and their papers were referred to the City Attorney for study and action.

"It is a new year, but the two-year Session of the Council continues. Is there any Old Business?"

"Yes." called out a voice. Ryan Paulson, Town & County Assemblyman and Republican candidate for Mayor, primarying Daniel Allgood, got up and hurried to the left lectern. He said "I rise to resubmit my proposal to strip the Free Clinics funded by the Public Health Service of all their funding, as the Free Clinics are not a part of the mission of the Public Safety Department---"

"Point of order!" Edgar Silas called out. "That proposal was tabled last year, and cannot be brought up again as a motion except by Council Members who voted in the majority to table it."

"The point of order is accepted." said Daniel Allgood. "Does anyone want to bring it up?" No one did. "But if you will wait there one minute for the New Business to come up, Mr. Paulson, you will find that something regarding your proposal will be coming up. Is there any more Old Business?" There being none, Mayor Allgood said "Any new business?"

A relatively distinguished black man in a suit rose up and came to the right-side lectern. "My name is Raphael Kapel, and I'm a member of the Black Business Council. I propose that the Public Health Service be separated from the Public Safety Department, and that the Free Clinics continue!"

There was polite but strong applause from the blacks in the audience, explaining their presences. "Anyone want to make a motion?" Mayor Allgood said.

"I so move." said Edgar Silas.

"I second." said Sheila Sorrells.

"Debate?" said the Mayor.

Edward R. Steele said "Point of information first, Mr. Mayor?" When Daniel nodded, Edward Steele said "To actually make this happen, it will require a vote of the People to change the Charter. So what we should actually be voting on is a motion to put the proposal on the ballot on May 3rd, when the primaries occur."

"That's correct." said the Mayor. "Do you wish to alter your motion, Mr. Silas?" Sheila Sorrells withdrew her second, and Edgar Silas withdrew his motion and replaced it with more correct wording, which was then seconded.

"Debate?" the Mayor asked.

"I want to ask a question of our Charter Chairman, Donald Troy." said Dagmar Schoen. A Boy Scout acting as an usher (and getting credits for several Eagle-Scout-required Merit Badges) brought me a microphone. Schoen asked "Commander, will this change in the Charter trigger the plebiscite to separate the Town from the County?"

"No ma'am, it will not." I said emphatically. "Only a change to Article I, which is the structure of the Assembly and the Council, triggers the plebiscite. The Public Safety Department and other entities such as the School Board and other Boards, are covered in Article II. So this proposal will not affect the Council, Assembly, nor Article I, and so the plebiscite will not be triggered."

"Mr. Mayor, I object to that!" said a voice in the audience. I looked back to see Mrs. Myrtle L. James standing in the audience. A Boy Scout brought her a microphone. Mrs. James said "I believe that if this motion passes, it -does- affect the revenue allocated by the Assembly, and therefore the plebiscite to separate the Town from the County should take place."

"I don't agree." said Edward Steele. "And I speak as a member of the Charter Committee. I also would suggest that the Chairman of that Committee, who wrote the thing and had us check him for spelling, knows what he's talking about more than anyone else here."

"We will be getting several legal opinions, for sure." said Mayor Allgood. "Okay, I will entertain a motion to refer this to the Committee of the Whole, so that we can study it, get our questions answered, and write it up in the correct terminology."

"I so move." said John Colby.

"I second." said Ian McGhillie.

The vote was 8-0 to refer it to Committee, with Kelly Carnes and Edgar Silas voting 'Present'.

Sheriff Griswold then came up and asked for a motion to pass the new Public Safety Structure. Edward Steele made the motion, and Dagmar Schoen seconded it. "Let's send that one to the Committee, as well." That vote was 8-1, with Silas abstaining and Kelly Carnes voting against.

Afterwards, I stepped up to Raphael Kapel. "I'm Don Troy." I said, extending my hand, which he politely shook. I handed him my card and said "Please give me a call. I'd love to hear more on your ideas and your proposal."

"I'm surprised you're not against it from the get-go." said a surprised Kapel.

"If there's one thing I learned from writing the Charter," I said, "it's to keep an open mind, as long as my brains don't fall out. I do want to hear your views." Kapel gave me his business card, we shook hands, and parted ways.

As Teresa, the Sheriff, and I left, Teresa said "Myrtle L. James wanted to talk to you, but turned away and left in a huff when you went to talk to Raphael Kapel. Who -is- he, by the way?"

"He's on the Town Assembly." I said. "He's more aligned with the Rev. Joseph E. Williams faction than the Edgar Silas/Eldrick X. Weaver faction. But I have no idea why he made that proposal about the Public Health Service."

"What do you think of his idea, Crowbar?" asked the Sheriff as we walked to Police Headquarters, where our vehicles were parked for their security.

"I'd like to hear the details of what he has in mind." I said. "But if the Public Health Department leaves, I want the HAZMAT unit to stay with us."

"Well, that proposal put a dent in my best laid plans for the Public Safety Department structure." growled Griswold.

"Nothing we can't buff right out, Sheriff." I replied, making the Sheriff bark a laugh...

Part 5 - State of the State

"This is Bettina Wurtzburg, KXTC Channel Two News!" shouted the redheaded MILF reporterette at 7:00am, Wednesday, January 5th, bundled up from the chilly wind as she reported from the roof of the building at Riverside and College, with City Hall in her background. "The Governor makes her State of the State speech today!"

After the hard-charging intro music, Bettina began: "Governor Sharon Marshall will deliver her important State of the State speech to a Joint Session of the State Legislature at ten o'clock this morning. Let's go to highly respected reporter Carl Lemay in Midtown for more. Carl!"

"That's right, Bettina!" said the Reporter of Color in his expensive suit, with the State Capitol and the sunrise in Midtown as his background. "Extreme White Nationalist Governor Sharon Marshall will make the annual 'State of the State' address this morning, and Channel Two News has learned that she will be demanding an extreme right-wing agenda from the evenly divided State Legislature."

Lemay: "Sources tell Channel Two News that specific items Governor Marshall will demand include defunding the University's Biology School and Climate Change Center, outlawing University President Jerry Moore's demand that University Faculty and incoming Faculty be required to sign so-called 'loyalty documents' to the great Cause of Climate Justice, a separation of University Hospital from the University, and forming a Committee to re-write the State Constitution to clean up the 132 Amendments added since the the State Constitution was re-written in 1964."

Lemay: "Governor Marshall is also going to push for a new Budget this year, which would relieve some of the tension of the Election and next year's necessity to pass a Budget."

Lemay: "State Representative Tasheeka Harris of Inner Midtown has already pronounced the Governor's agenda as (air quotes) 'racist' and 'dead on arrival'. Lieutenant Governor Corey Coons, an enlightened Democrat, issued a statement saying that he wants to hear the Governor's speech first, but believes most of her agenda will not pass in the next 90 days."

Lemay: "One issue that no one knows if the Governor will address, but is hanging heavy over the entire Session of the Legislature, is possible (air quotes) 'redistricting' in the State, the redrawing of county lines, formation of new counties and consolidation of others. Back to you, Bettina!"

"Thank you, Carl!" shouted Bettina as the feed returned to her. "That was highly respected political reporter Carl Lemay with that accurate and insightful report. And now let's go to trusted reporter Amber Harris in our KXTC Channel Two News studios for another important report. Amber!"

"That's right, Bettina!" said the athletic blonde, standing in the studio and wearing a clingy dress and high heel pumps so that her athletic-but-shapely legs were shown off to maximum advantage. "The SBI Drugs and Trafficking Division, the DTD, and the Federal DEA are requesting your help to find and apprehend a dangerous drug dealer that has reportedly set up shop in our County, right under Commander Donald Troy and the TCPD's nose."

A photo of a black man in his mid-20s, wearing a crisp white t-shirt was shown. He had what looked like squares of hair plugged into small tight braids in a pattern that looked like a square of squares on his head. Amber's voice in the background said "This is Marquis Swift, also known as 'Checkers' for his relatively unique hairstyle. He is the leader of 'The Southside Black Disciples', a relatively new and extremely dangerous gang that is committed to racial violence and selling drugs to our children."

Amber: "If you see this dangerous man, please contact the SBI-DTD or the Federal DEA. A reward for information could lead to a substantial reward, but only if you contact the SBI-DTD or the US DEA directly. Back to you, Bettina!"

"Thank you, Amber!" shouted Bettina as the feed returned to her. "That was trusted reporter Amber Harris with that important information. And in other news, the Town & County Council began their new year by referring two extremely controversial issues to be studied in Committee."

Bettina: "The first item is a proposal to separate the Public Health Department from the Public Safety Department. Dr. Raphael Kapel made the proposal as a counter to Town Assemblyman and Republican candidate for Mayor Ryan Paulson's proposal to close and defund the Free Clinics run by the Public Health Service."

Bettina: "This will require a change to the Town & County Charter. While some say this will not trigger the plebiscite to separate the Town from the County, University Trustee and Ladies Auxiliary Chair Mrs. Myrtle L. James believes otherwise, and her political action committee is prepared to file a lawsuit to force a plebiscite. Charter Chairman Donald Troy did not respond to repeated requests for comment by KXTC Channel Two News."

Bettina: "The other item proposed was a restructuring of the Public Safety Department, which was submitted by Sheriff Antonio Griswold. No details were given, and neither Sheriff Griswold nor Commander Donald Troy responded to repeated requests by KXTC Channel Two News for comment..."

* * * * * * * * * * * * * *

"That's dirty pool." said Lt. Commander Teresa Croyle as she, Sheriff Griswold, Your Iron Crowbar, ADA Paulina Patterson, Chief Moynahan, Deputy Chief Tanya Muscone, and Chief Deputy Cindy Ross drank coffee and watched the propaganda-cast in the Chief's Conference Room.

"What?" Cindy asked.

Teresa replied: "Don was handed a microphone at the Council meeting and asked about the effect of the Public Health separation on the Charter and a possible plebiscite. He replied that it would not trigger the plebiscite, and I'll take his word as the Charter's author over that senile old bat Myrtle L. James any day."

Teresa: "So Bettina could have reported what Don said at the meeting. But noooooo... she says he refused to respond to requests for comment."

"Yeah, that -is- dirty." Tanya said, her voice 'not perky'.

I said "And it goes to show that the news the corrupt Media suppresses is just as dangerous, if not more so, than their slanted if not false reporting on what they -do- tell us."

Sheriff Griswold growled "I'm a lot more pissed off at Amber's little blurb about -only- calls straight to the SBI or the Feds will get whatever reward is being offered. She made a real point, backed by financial incentive, to -not- call the TCPD if this guy Marquis Swift is seen, even though we'd be far more likely to make a quick arrest than State or Federal Agents would."

I said "I'm wondering if that reward is real, or was made up by the biased, dishonest, and corrupt Mainstream Media to get people not to call us. I keep abreast of things like that, and I haven't heard a word about a reward... much less about this guy Swift."

Tanya said "I don't know anything about a reward, but Jack did mention Swift to me last week. He said this 'Southside Black Disciples' gang sells drugs to make money to buy weapons, potentially for black militant and BLM purposes, and that Swift is on Homeland Security's radar."

"Why hasn't he told ussssss that?" Chief Moynahan sharply asked.

Tanya said "I thought he or someone in Homeland Security would, or I'd have said something myself. Or maybe it's a (air quotes) 'I thought -you- were going to call them' finger-pointing exercise between Federal agencies or between the State and the Feds."

"Or maybe this Marquis Swift has not appeared in my County before now." I said. "That little shot by Amber about him being here right under my nose is just that, a cheap shot, but hear me now and believe me later, I -would- have known it if he came into this area (air quotes) 'under my nose'."

"Soooo," drawled the Chief, "what's this stuff about the Public Health Department? Is it throwing sabots into the gears, Sheriff?"

"To a point, yes." growled Griswold. "It doesn't really change what we're going to do with the rank structures within the other branches besides the Public Health branch. But it does affect the Public Health branch, the HAZMAT Team, and some of our overall mission. But... I have the Charter Commission Chairman to figure it all out for me..."

* * * * * * * * * * * * * *

10:00am, Wednesday, January 5th. The Sergeant-At-Arms loudly announced "Mis-ter Speak-er, the Governor of the State!"

The Republicans rose to their feet in raucous applause as Governor Sharon Marshall walked down the aisle behind the Sergeant-At-Arms to the well at the front of the State House Chamber.

Some Democrats also stood and applauded politely, but some, such as State Senator Maxine Watts (D - The City Badlands) and State Rep Tasheeka Harris (D - Inner Midtown) pointedly remained seated. They were also wearing all white business suits and blouses, as were other Democrat women, in protest of what they called the 'racist policies of the White Nationalist Governor'.

Also not standing were State House Majority Leader Wilson Hammonds (Establishment Elite Republican - Pottsville) and other Establishment Republicans that despised the Grassroots Conservatives more than they disliked Democrats. Hammonds had been defeated for State House Speaker by Peter Long Cox of Nextdoor County.

Governor Marshall handed a copy of her speech to Speaker Cox and shook his hand, then gave a copy to Lieutenant Governor Corey Coons (D). They shook hands, which prompted a few cries of 'Traitor!' from the militant black Legislators like Tasheeka Harris, who had demanded that Coons snub Governor Marshall. He chose civility and decorum instead.

Speaker Cox announced: "Members of the Legislature, I have the high privilege and distinct honor of presenting to you the Governor of Our State!" Republicans cheered loudly; some Democrats clapped in studied politeness.

The Sheriff, Cindy, Teresa and I watched in my office. To make a long story short (I know, too late), these were the main excepts from the Governor's speech:

"Our State has made some great strides over the past year, including our unwavering support of the Police in all our jurisdictions, and also at the State level!" Strong applause from the Republicans, some applause from some Democrats.

"A Budget was passed last year. Some of you think we can skip it this year, as has been done in the past. But that is not acceptable to me this year. A new Budget this year will enable us to make the revenue and spending changes we need. Do not even think of sending me a bill that restructures the counties of this State without passing a Budget first!" No one stood, and the applause was 'not strong'.

"But there have been setbacks. The creation of the Climate Change Center at the University is a shameful stain upon our flagship School and our State. Despite the gaslighting by the Socialist Left, Climate Change is not settled Science; indeed, it is bought-and-paid-for false results, used for the political purpose of entrenching Totalitarian Socialism in our State and our Nation!"