All Comments on 'Saving Each Other'

by Pirate6982

Sort by:
  • 8 Comments
foxyfowlerfoxyfowlerover 2 years ago

That was a brilliantly written story and Angie and Liv deserve each other and Emma is a very good friend and glad they won the court case and hope you write more soon about these ladies fantastic story and very true life story. Pirate6982 xxx

Pirate6982Pirate6982over 2 years agoAuthor

Thank you, foxyfowler! I’m new to this, but I like the direction it’s taking me. Currently working on a follow up to this one, but it might turn into a series, depending on how things go. I appreciate you!

LilyVonSchtuppLilyVonSchtuppover 2 years ago
Nicely done

Nicely done. Good character driven story. I would have liked a little more about the back story to Liv. Like why she has nightmares and what the nightmares are about. Only because they seemed like an important part of the story. Past abuse was hinted at, but that can take many forms.

Definitely worthy of a sequel.

Thank you for sharing with us.

Through_Burning_EyesThrough_Burning_Eyesover 2 years ago

Wonderfully sweet, and I always enjoy a nice big poly ending.

I agree with LilyVonSchtupp, though. Liv's trauma feels kinda like it comes out of nowhere to take center stage, while Angie bounces back without blinking an eye. I'm curious-- did you have an earlier draft where the narrator was Larry's wife (either Liv in Angie's place, or Angie telling the story)?

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

No safe word?

I don't really care *what* reason the character had, but I really wonder about the author.

lazy_readerlazy_readerover 2 years ago

The D/s part of the story came out of nowhere. Dominating someone who hasn't submitted is nonconsensual. Not only no safe word, but Liv doesn't even know what to call her Domme, what the rules are. Also, Liv doesn't seem submissive.

I did see the part where Emma says, "You are going to do your best to be submissive to me when we finally get to play." That hardly indicates consent; it seems like an acknowledgement that Liv isn't really submissive.

I agree that some past trauma has really messed Liv up and maybe she needs what Emma is doing to her. But I am really uncomfortable with what seems to be forced (N/C) submission.

Pirate6982Pirate6982over 2 years agoAuthor

I appreciate the feedback, and I will keep it in mind as I go forward with anything that I haven’t already submitted! I’m not sure if any of you see my responses, but since I’m new to this, I truly do appreciate all of the insight! I think part of my issue with writing, is it happens differently in my head than it does in writing. Maybe I can try and figure out a prelogue in the future to put some minds at ease. Nothing was meant to be N/C. Again, thank you.

josenussbaumjosenussbaumover 1 year ago

It's the kinda story i like a lot with some drama in it.

However I didnt understand the sudden BDSM involved.

1. Emma apparently is a manipulating Dom that goes after a supposed sub without safeword and without consent. I really dont like her.

2. Angie is even worse, helping Em to punish/dominate Liv who actually saved her. Treacherous bitch.

3. Liv, dunno what to think about her, certainly didn't come over like a sub to me.

This brought the stars from 5 to 2.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userPirate6982@Pirate6982
Hi all! I’m new to writing and never really know which way my stories are going until it comes out. I’ve been using it as a tool to get out some of my fears or experiences, only mixed in with some preferences or fantasies. There are a few that have been written or are being wr...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES