Saving Kat's Life Pt. 01

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Yes. I wasn't violent, but had he raised his hand to her, I would have become physical with that little turd. I don't like seeing women hurt. Especially small women that really don't have a chance to defend themselves, like Kat. She's tiny. You're not much bigger than her either." I told her.

"Everybody is tiny to you," Angie kidded.

I chuckled a little. "I guess I'm kind of intimidating. I'm a big guy. I'm strong, even though my body has gone out of shape a bit. I guess because I'm tall, I wear it better than most would. But, I'm not really a violent guy."

"I can't believe you picked that dude up by his throat," she said. "That's radical!"

"I don't believe I did it either, but I did," I said. "It had to be the adrenaline rush."

"Why did you bring a gun?" Angie asked me.

"Protection. I usually always carry when I'm not at work. I had an incident at the county fair that changed my mind about carrying a handgun." I looked at Angie. "I guess a family from a story my reporter and I did on a drug dealer accused of murder recognized me at the fair. The family crowded and bumped me. They said they'd get even with me for 'putting their brother in jail and disrespecting their family.'"

"I never saw themagain, but I wasn't taking chances. I bought a gun, took lessons on how to handle it safely, when to use and not use it and have hundreds of hours range time shooting it. I'm a very good shot. Trooper Sams and I often go out to the range.

"Speaking of Trooper Sams, I wonder what's taking Kat and him so long?" I said to Angie.

"He was really trying to convince her to press charges and get a protection order against Dax." Angie stated. "But this alone time let me get to know you a little and see how you tick."

"I tick crazy, like a cuckoo clock..." I said.

"No, you're a sweet guy." She leaned over and kissed my cheek. "You care about people. You cared about Kat when you saw Dax hurt her and then when he did to it her again. I wish Owen was more like you," she said a little glumly.

"Ohhh, you and Owen are an item? I didn't know." I looked at her surprised.

"Well, we've dated and hung out by ourselves a bit. He's a nice guy but he looks up to Dax," she said.

"Angie, you need to put an end to that, and fast!" I told her. "He shouldn't be making an abuser into a role model."

"I have, at least I think so. I think he's listening to me and seeing what Dax for what he really is," she said.

"Good," I added.

Angie leaned over and put her arms around my neck. "It's a shame, though. I could fall for a guy like you."

I coughed a little. That took me by surprise! "You could? An ugly, old man like me? Ok, why? And why is that a shame?"

"Well..." she smiled and looked into my eyes. "You're a handsome guy, kind of sexy in a weird way. You're strong, protective, kind and a bit of a goof with a great sense of humor." Angie leaned in closer to me, her arms still around my neck. "Also, I think you'd be great in bed," she whispered.

I could feel myself getting red as well as a getting a little stiff in my shorts.

"Uh, well, Angie. Uh, thank you for the compliments but I'm none of those things," I protested.

"Oh, yeah you are, Mr. Allan," Angie countered. "But, that's the shame of it all."

"What's the shame of it all?" I asked a bit confused.

"There are two reasons it's a shame. One, I'm dating Owen currently and I wouldn't cheat on him," she said.

"Very good to hear," I said, clearing my voice.

"Number two, is that Kat told me she likes you."

"What?" I asked. I must have looked stunned.

"It's true. She told me the night you backed Dax down. She told me that she thought it was so hot and romantic that you got in Dax's face and stood up for her and up to him. She told me something else, too," Angie said.

"She said she got turned on when you did what you did."

My mouth was open, but nothing came out.

"Even JJ, who is more of a self-described asexual person, thought it was hot and you were a good-looking guy," she said.

I remembered the cute blue haired girl.

"Wow... I had no idea!" I looked at Angie.

"Like I said, I wouldn't cheat on Owen but if he and I weren't an item, I'd want to jump your bones in an instant!" She leaned in closer and said in a husky voice, "Face it, Mr. Allan. You're a stud in our little goth clique. You're a sex symbol.

"But Kat is my friend and I wouldn't hurt her by making a move on her crush," Angie added, "Like this..."

Angie tilted her head and leaned in. Her lips met mine and she kissed me softly. My cock really started to get stiff. Angie pressed a little harder and I felt her tongue push against my lips. I instinctively opened my mouth and our tongues met and did a soft dance with each other for a couple of seconds.

Angie pulled back and smiled at me.

"Thank you for letting me do that. I had to know if you found me attractive too," she said. "Keep me in mind if things don't work out with Kat, because I'll let you know if Owen isn't in the picture anymore."

She ran her hand over the rigidity in my shorts a couple of times, her black nails tracing my length. "A damn shame, really." Angie left my room and went into the bathroom her and Kat would share.

I was flattered in a way, and a bit confused. I didn't expect any of this. I had to go into my bathroom and throw cold water on my face. I needed to relax to get a grip on the situation. I also had to get my hard-on to go away.

I heard my phone chirp on my bed. I dried my face and went back into my bedroom. I picked up the phone and saw Bob had texted me.

"YOU CAN COME DOWN NOW. I'M DONE-BOB"

I headed downstairs and saw Bob and Kat sitting on the couch. There were a bunch of crumpled up napkins on the coffee table. Kat had been crying. Bob stood up and motioned me to my kitchen.

I looked at Kat. She looked up at me and forced a smile. She didn't seem happy.

We got into the kitchen and Bob opened my fridge and grabbed a diet Coke. He popped the tab and took a drink. He cleared his throat. "Damn Al, you weren't kidding. She got the tar beat out of her."

"Yeah. When I saw her face, I knew I had to do something," I said sadly.

"Well, she took body shots too, from the account she told me. He whooped on her good."

"Do I need to get her to the hospital?" I asked.

Bob pondered it for a second. "Wait until tomorrow morning. Let her get sleep. She needs it. Her emotions are at a fragile state. She needs to feel safe. Give her that tonight before she is poked and scanned by machines tomorrow."

"I will. She has her own bedroom, plus her friend Angie is here."

"Al, I have to tell you, I've known you for fifteen years. This is probably the smartest thing you've done. I'm truly amazed."

"You're amazed that I'd help someone, a vulnerable woman?" I asked a bit taken aback.

"No...that you have a brain and figured out to help her all by yourself," he smiled.

"Don't you have some rights to violate somewhere, jackass?" I chided him.

"Seriously. Monday, if you can, get her to the magistrate and have her take out a PFA on Dax. Also have the other girl, what's her name?"

"Angie?"

"Yeah, Angie. Have her take one out also. She may be in danger also. Just in case."

"Gotcha," I said.

"You still carry?" he asked me, taking another big gulp of his drink.

"When I'm out and not working? Usually," I replied.

"Good. Continue doing it. Even around your house." He pointed in the direction of the living room. "She's in danger if this creep decides to really hurt her. And if he's followed you guys here, you'll need to protect your property, if you get my meaning."

I nodded. I understood what Bob meant.

"A PFA is just a piece of paper. It usually doesn't keep an abuser away." He took another drink and finished his can off. He crushed it in his hand and tossed it in my garbage can. "Maybe teach her to shoot. Or maybe talk to her about it. It could be her own life she's saving. Maybe her friend too."

"I'll try. I don't know if kids these days really want anything to do with guns," I stated.

"Usually not, but she needs to know that she's worth saving. And it's her or him," he said in a neutral voice.

"Are you guys pressing charges?" I asked Bob.

"Yeah. I'll type a complaint out and see if the night court will swear out a warrant on him."

"Great, Bob. Thanks again," I said.

"No sweat. I knew if you were that concerned, it was serious," he replied. "I'm going to go to the barracks and type my report out. Watch out for those two."

"I will. You be safe," I told him.

"Always am!" he joked and slapped me on the back.

Bob walked over to Kat on the couch. Angie had come down and was sitting next to her, holding her in a hug. Bob mentioned he was leaving and what he was going to do. Kat nodded and looked at me. Angie thanked Bob. Bob knelt in front of Kat.

"Hon, we're going to get this son of a bitch," Bob said. He put his hand on her shoulder. Bob told her to call 911 if there was any type of emergency. He thanked Angie for her help and exited out my front door.

"Well, I guess that's that for now," I sighed. "You ladies want to take your chances and have me start dinner?" I was really trying to break the tension in the room. "I'm great at broiling water," I said.

"You mean boiling water, right?" Kat said.

"Oh, it's boil, and not broil?" I smacked my forehead in mock shock. "That explains everything!"

Kat and Angie both groaned in stereo. "Maybe we should supervise just to make sure he doesn't burn his house down," said Angie.

"Definitely!" agreed Kat. They both stood up and walked into my kitchen, leaving me with a small smile on my face as they passed me.

I walked into the kitchen behind them and grabbed the pot and started to fill it with water, enough to make the pasta. I got the water on the stove and turned on the burner to boil the water (I'm a fast learner). Angie had taken the saucepan and put it on a front burner and grabbed a wooden spoon, and Kat was trying to get the lid off the spaghetti sauce. She wasn't having much success though.

"Need help?" I asked as she made faces, trying to open the lid.

"No, I don't Mr. Man!" she said in a mocking tone. "I am a strong independent woman and can open my own lids!"

I turned back to the water that was heating up. I opened my lazy Susan drawer and got out my container of salt. I poured the salt into the water, like a former lady friend had taught me to do. ("As salty as the sea," she had told me. "Then add olive oil to the water to keep the pasta from sticking together and not to the bottom.")

I heard occasional grunts and a few choice muffled F-words. I assumed the lid-opening by the strong, independent woman wasn't going well. I turned around and leaned back against the counter. I crossed my arms and watched Kat get redder as she couldn't get the lid open.

A long sigh escaped Kat's mouth as she stopped her struggle with the jar. "Here. I'll bet you can't get it open either," she said smugly, as she thrust the jar out in my direction.

I took the jar from Kat. My fingers touched her hand and I saw her eyes open a little wider. I grabbed the lid and started to grunt and moan, while not putting any effort into getting the lid off. Angie had her hand over her mouth, trying not to laugh.

I finally just twisted the lid and it came right off, easy as you please. "Wow. You must have loosened it for me." I said to Kat. "That was pretty tough. Whew, I'm a little dizzy from the straining."

Kat stuck her tongue out at me, like a petulant teenager. I handed the jar to Angie, whose shoulders were shaking from trying not to laugh out loud. Angie turned to pour the sauce into the saucepan. I leaned over to Kat and whispered into her ear, "If you stick out your tongue at me young lady, you'd better be prepared to use it."

An audible gasp escaped Kat's throat, her mouth open and her eyes wide, her face turning crimson. I heard Angie, her back to me and Kat, make a snorting noise.

"Gotcha!" I whispered into Kat's ear. Then, so help me, I don't know why I did it but, it seemed the right thing to do. I kissed her on the side of the jaw, right below her left ear.

I heard her take in a breath and felt her shiver a little. A little "Ohhh," escaped her mouth.

I leaned back and looked at Kat. Her eyes must have closed when I kissed her; her mouth was open. Her black painted lips showed her ultra-white teeth. Her eyes popped open, then she brought her hand up to her mouth and covered it, her long nails, alternating black and purple, matching her hair.

"Excuse...me. I...need...the...bathroom!" she shrieked, turned and bolted out of the kitchen. I could hear her run up the stairs.

"Wow, you have got to use your powers for good and not evil!" Angie said to me. "I told you, you had an effect on her. I'll be back."

Angie handed me the wooden spoon, dripping with sauce and headed after her friend. I stood there, confused, with the spoon in my hand like a cooking show contestant who just got complimented by Gordon Ramsay. I felt the sauce drip down the spoon to my hand, which snapped me out of my reverie.

I continued to stir the sauce, slowly turning up the heat, making sure it didn't splatter. I then saw the water boiling so I put the pasta in the pot. I went over and got the strainer from a bottom cabinet and put it in the sink.

Angie came into the kitchen again and patted me on the arm. "Go talk to her. She's a bit of a mess. I'll take over here."

I wiped my hands on a kitchen towel and walked into the living room. Kat was standing at the mantle, looking at the picture of my wedding day. "Kat?" I said softly.

Kat turned around and started crying. She ran into my arms and hugged me very tightly. I engulfed her in a hug like she was the only thing in the world that mattered. "Shhhh. Shhh. It's okay Kat. It's okay. I'm so, so sorry."

She was trembling and all I could do was hold her in an embrace and let her know she was okay. She kept crying and I felt that I was the cause of it. That little kiss I put on her jawbone was me taking advantage of her in a vulnerable state. I felt horrible.

Her crying had slowed, and she looked up at me. "Why did you kiss me?" I looked at her for a second and said, "Because you were being a brat and needed to be taught a lesson." I kidded her.

She bit her bottom lip, then asked if we could sit down. We walked over to the couch and sat on the leather cushions. She held my hand and sniffled, "I messed your shirt up again. I'm getting good at that."

"I told you that you'd snot all over me. That's what I'm here for," I said.

Kat started to say something and then stopped. She took a deep breath and then looked up at me. "I had an orgasm."

"What?"

"When you kissed me, I had a mini-orgasm."

"Kat! I'm so sorry! I really was out of line," I apologized.

She started laughing, wiping tears away. "You must be the only man in the world that apologizes for giving a woman an orgasm." I felt a little stupid after her saying that. I realized she was right.

"Yeah, you're right. But, considering the circumstances, I was out of line."

"Mr. Allan..." she said.

I stopped her. "Please, just call me Allan."

"Okay, Allan. I don't know what came over me. I don't know why I reacted the way I did. Ever since that day we met, and you stopped Dax from hurting me, you've been like a knight in shining armor to me," she blurted out.

"You touched me on my chin, and I remember getting very uncomfortable."

"Oh, I'm sorry," I apologized.

"No. Don't be. I got uncomfortable because I got...very wet. You kept me from a beating that I was going to get, I'm sure of it. And, I think I became instantly attracted to you. I would think about what you did for me, and I wished you were the one I was with and I'd get all uncomfortable again."

"Oh, I see," I told her. But in my mind I was trying to work this confusing scene out.

"That's what happened the night that Dax really hit me. I wouldn't go out with him. I told him we were over and that he'd never hurt me again. Besides, he had said earlier that we were done and that was that.

"That's when he slapped me across the face."

My eyes flinched hearing her say that.

"I stood up to him. I wouldn't let him know he hurt me. I called him an evil person and a coward for hitting me. I told him that he backed down awful quick when a real man showed up and got in his face.

"That's when he snarled, 'Fuck you, slut!' and he started using his fists on me. He hit my stomach and my head. He hit me in my face, and I must have screamed and blacked out for a second. The next thing I knew Angie was over me and I was bleeding and hurt. Dax was gone and I wished you were there."

"That chicken-shit bastard," I said. "I'm sorry I wasn't there for you, Kat."

"Mr., uh...Allan, I told you that because you've touched me. Not just physically, but someplace inside me. You held me when I asked for a hug. Your gentleness and caring were something I've never had happen to me before," she admitted. "Being close to you, and when you kissed that spot on my jaw. I flooded my panties. I came a little.

"I don't know why. I'm so confused but I've never felt like this before," Kat said in a whisper.

"Kat, I think we have a lot to talk about tonight," I said. I tightened my grip on her tiny hand, "But I want you to know that I find you adorable. I think you're beautiful and smart. You have a smile that makes me melt. I could look into your eyes all day and get lost in them."

Kat sighed a little.

I leaned in and kissed her softly on her lips. She kissed me back just as softly.

"Right now, though, we can't continue this," I told her.

She looked instantly sad. "Why can't we?"

"Because Angie is watching us. I think dinner is done. Right Angie?" I knew Angie was standing in the dining room.

"No, you continue playing kissy face with Kat. I work and I slave over a hot stove, and this is the thanks I get?" she joked. "Yes, dinner is ready."

Angie turned and walked into the kitchen again. I looked at Kat with a smile on my face.

"We will talk tonight. ALONE!" I said loud enough for Angie to hear in the kitchen.

"Whatever," came Angie's reply from the kitchen.

We both chuckled a bit, then Kat closed her eyes and leaned in and gave me a kiss on my lips that made me feel a rush through my body. She then pulled away.

"Tonight?" she asked.

"Tonight," I responded. "Now, let's eat."

I grabbed the wine glasses off the coffee table and stood up. Kat stood up and I let her pass me as she walked into the kitchen.

I put the glasses on the dining room table and went into the kitchen.

"Plates are in that cabinet, and silverware is in that drawer. Oh damn!!" I suddenly said.

"What's wrong?" the girls both asked.

"I forgot the garlic bread and meatballs in the freezer! Damnit!"

"Oh, don't worry about it!" Angie said. "We vampires don't like garlic anyways."

Kat laughed.

"Vampires, huh?" I asked. "Well, don't you guys just suck?" I joked and grabbed the wine bottle.

Kat and Angie looked at each other for a second and then Kat turned back at me. "Don't tempt me." she said. Then she lifted one eyebrow and said, "Gotcha."

"I'm going to refill your wine," I said because it was the only comeback I could think of. Smooth, I know.

I filled the girl's wine glasses and placed the bottle on the table, then walked back into the kitchen. Kat was loading a plate with spaghetti while Angie was putting sauce on her pile of pasta. I grabbed a plate and waited for Kat to finish.

"Put down that plate and go sit down. Scoot!" Kat ordered me.

"No, I should be serving you both as you are my guests," I replied. "You both scoot!" I imitated Kat.

Angie looked at Kat and shook her head. "He doesn't get it, does he?"