Saving the Doctor Pt. 01

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Jeff seemed like a nice enough guy. He was one of the ones relatively closer to his own age, likely late 30's. He had a very intellectual look to him, even for a doctor, with thick framed glasses, a ginger complexion with red hair just starting to recede, but wasn't ugly by any stretch and seemed in good shape, and he had a cool down-to-earth demeanor.

"How are you finding things so far?"

Jon sighed. The only thing more exhausting than the work was trying to re-iterate how it was making him feel.

Jeff laughed before he could speak, obviously reading his face "What are you, one, maybe one and a half months in?"

Jon nodded "Yeah around there"

"I can remember those days. I don't envy you. Thinking you're finally free of residency, then it's out the frying pan into a whole different kind of fire. It's always a hoof to the schnutz those first few weeks trying to find your stride."

Jon made a tight smile "It's felt like that, yeah."

"Look if you've got issues and questions, or just the stress is getting too much, just let me know. I might not always have a quick or perfect solution, but we've all been there," he offered.

"Thanks, I appreciate that."

Jeff hesitated "You know what, nevermind."

Jon was confused "No it's okay, what did you need?"

"I'm just looking for someone to cover my Saturday walk-in shift, my kid has a recital that suddenly got rescheduled to that day. I can probably find someone else though, it's okay."

Jon thought for a second "No, you know what? I should do it."

"No really, I can find someone" he persisted.

Jon shook his head "I should get more experience with doing quick simple visits. That's part of my problem is keeping the time management under wraps. I haven't actually done any of the walk in shifts yet, they keep getting gobbled up by the other guys."

"Yeah they pay pretty well, so they usually fill up. That's why I said, I could find someone else, but if you're sure, then thanks. I'll owe you one."

"Yeah don't worry about it."

"Are you a beer drinker?" Jeff suddenly asked.

"Uh. Yeah, actually," Jon perked up

"Let me buy you a case of beer at least then, what's your favorite?"

Jon told him his favorite craft brew.

"Dark stuff, nice. I don't think I've tried that one yet. Don't mind if there's one missing from it?" Jeff asked.

Jon laughed, "Of course not. Thanks."

"Give me your cell number, I'll get directions to your place sometime, and drop it off, or just leave it on your porch if your not around?"

"Sounds good to me," Jon said, and they exchanged numbers.

"And like I said, feel free to text or call if you need help or advice with anything."

"You bet, thanks again Jeff."

"Take care."

He got back to work, feeling revived again. It still took a long time to finish all his documents.

It was just after 7 o'clock as he finally logged off and grabbed his things. Last to leave again. He started to walk to his car.

Oh right the melatonin.

He turned around and headed towards the pharmacy. He looked down to check the time on his phone, remembering he still had to pick up food after this. His stomach grumbled. He looked back up to see a larger blonde woman walking the opposite direction running her eyes over him. She quickly diverted her gaze as he made eye contact. Then she briefly glanced back to see him give a polite smile, and she blushed and smirked as they passed each other.

Still got it I guess. He thought to himself.

She had actually been really good looking. Maybe a bit on the rounder side, but that was comparing her to Elaina's slim figure. Girls with bodies like that could still rock it. They definitely didn't get enough credit, he thought, having noticed her very large breasts parted by her purse strap. His mind wandered to thinking about Beth despite himself. There was nothing there right? I mean, obviously some women still found him attractive... but a girl like her? I mean the age gap alone... at least 7, maybe 8 years. He decided Elaina's jealous paranoia was just infecting him.

He looked around the pharmacy, having never been inside before. It was a nice place, clean and modern. He found himself strolling to the back of the building where the pharmacists desk was, even though he didn't need to speak to them, but was disappointed when he saw the cage around the darkened counter. The posted hours showing they had just left at 7.

He had hoped to finally see Carly. She was the closest thing to a real friend he had made since moving here. Jeff seemed nice though, there was potential there too. He turned back into the aisles and found the melatonin and went through the till. He'd have to find another excuse to come by some time, he decided.

He arrived home finally with a bag of takeout food. He checked his phone which had buzzed during the last minute of the drive. Elaina had just eaten supper at the hospital cafeteria and would be home in an hour. Fair enough he thought.

He decided to fit in a work-out downstairs for the first time in a while, telling himself it was NOT just because of Beth's comments. Halfway through the doorbell rang and he ran upstairs, sweating and panting in his shorts and tank top.

He admittedly opened the door a little fast and obviously scared the poor tiny woman behind it who gasped and dropped the container she was holding.

"Oh! Shit. Ohhh damnit. Hi- Sorry," Tabitha bumbled picking up the plastic container and opening it gingerly to look inside.

"No I'm sorry I startled you, I was in a hurry to make it to the door."

"That's okay," she said.

"What can I do for you?" He tried to give her a sympathetic smile but she seemed flustered and embarrassed.

"Is...Elaina home?" she asked looking shy and almost scared to look at him. She was such a mousey little thing, with a timid high pitched voice. She was about his age, maybe slightly older, but her size and demeanor made her seem younger.

"No she's running late at work."

"Oh okay, well these are for you. Sorry, I think one or two just broke."

He took the container and saw home-cooked muffins inside. "Oh no worries. Thank you so much they look delicious."

She gave a brave smile and pulled her curly brown hair behind her ears and fidgeted with her glasses. He picked up one of the broken muffins and took a bite.

"Mmmmm, still warm. God that's good. I feel like I'm back home."

"I'm glad you like them. I was worried Elaina and I got off on the wrong foot, so I thought I'd make a peace offering."

"Oh? What do you mean?" he asked.

"She didn't tell you? Umm, well she was upset with me a few days ago because of the front lawn, cause I was mowing the clippings on to your side. I've been careful not to do it since though, and you can take these as my apology." she said looking genuinely sorry.

"Oh." It was Jon's turn to feel embarrassed. "Well thanks Tabitha, but honestly I don't have a problem with that at all. It's fine."

"K. Well... your fiance seems to think differently."

"I'll... talk to her. Thanks anyway for the muffin's though, I really appreciate it."

"You're welcome, I hope she does too." She gave one last polite smile, still seeming intimidated by him despite his best efforts.

"And I'll make sure we get the container back to you this time, sorry again about that."

"Oh that's okay," she sighed. "Well I guess I'll head back, Brad's home for once and I should spend some time with him. Don't hesitate to stop by any time!" she smiled and turned away.

He said goodbye and went back downstairs finishing the muffin. It was genuinely delicious. Brad's a lucky guy, he thought.

He heard Elaina come in the door an hour and half later. She found him in the den with his tablet.

"Hi Honey," she said, sitting on the other end of the couch. "There was a problem at the dialysis unit, and then there were still 2 consults pending on the ward after that. It's nice I'm finally getting busier though."

"Yeah. That's... good," he said, never understanding how she could be such a workaholic.

"Are you looking through some of the wedding stuff I sent you?"

He was reading a new sci-fi novel on the tablet.

"Uh, I had looked through a bit of it, but there's a ton of stuff you linked, it'll take me a while to get through."

"Did you look at the dresses?"

"Elaina I am the last person you want to go to for fashion advice. Besides you could wear a paper bag and make it shine."

She looked at him silently as if trying to decide whether to be annoyed or flattered.

"I want us to drive down to the city on Saturday to look at a few venues. I already called and booked an appointment at one of them. They schedule at least a year or more in advance, so if it's what we want we need to get on the list soon."

He sighed, "I just took a walk-in shift this Saturday."

"Can you change it?"

"I was bailing out Jeff, he had this recital for his kid. I'd be an asshole to back out suddenly."

She looked at him expressionless and thought, then said, "Fine, I'll try to reschedule it."

"Thanks," he said, surprised she hadn't argued more.

"I'm glad you're taking on more work at least."

He chose not to respond to that comment.

"Although, try to keep your weekends free for the next little while," she continued, "or at least talk to me first. Besides venue-shopping I want to try to throw a party before the weather starts to turn too cold, so we can use the back yard and the jacuzzi."

"Who would we invite?" he asked.

"Work colleagues, neighbors. It'll be fun Jonathan," she reassured him, not thinking to try smiling for effect.

"Okay, well let me know what date you want, and I'll try to think of some people to ask. Speaking of which, Tabitha would be a good start. She stopped by with some muffins for us, they're on the counter."

She frowned. "Oh. That's odd. Why?"

"Well... It's just a nice neighborly thing to do, but in this case it was as an apology. Did you really have a problem with her mowing the grass onto our side of the front lawn?"

"It was rude!" Elaina put her hands on her hips. "Anyway, I don't need her to feed me, her tears at the time were enough to let me know I got my point across."

"You made her cry?!"

"Not on purpose," she shrugged. "It's not my fault she's a fragile little pipsqueak. The way she fumbles around that house and yard, I feel like she's out of her element in this neighborhood."

"Well maybe her and I can bond over that," he muttered.

She squinted and frowned at him. "I don't like her. She's annoying. That grating high pitched voice and the way she stutters. I don't know how Brad puts up with her. It's no wonder he spends so much time away on business."

Jon shook his head and shrugged. "I thought she seemed nice enough."

"Well the muffins are all yours, if I want some I'll buy some better ones from the store," she said, turning around and heading back upstairs.

Later that night he took the melatonin, and an hour later crawled in to bed. He would start with this, but he really wanted to avoid going on any heavier sleeping pills, knowing the potential problems.

She crawled under the covers next to him 20 minutes later. He felt a single small hand on his shoulder.

"Jonathon" she said quietly.

"Yeah?"

"I'm serious that I don't want you hanging out with Tabitha. Especially if I'm not around."

Jon closed his eyes and cringed. "Okay," he relented.

"Thank you," she said coldly.

After a few seconds of silence she spoke again.

"Jonathon... I love you. You know that right?"

"Yeah, of course. I love you too, honey," he said cautiously.

He rolled over to kiss her but she had already turned away again and curled up to sleep.

30 minutes later he drifted off.

That Saturday the walk in clinic didn't go as badly as he feared.

Beth had taken the shift to work the front desk for him, even though any of the assistants could have done it. She was dressed more sporty today with a zipped up thin fleece, and tight black slacks, almost resembling yoga pants.

There were a lot of patients, but he found their expectations were nicely in line with a walk in clinic, just wanting one issue fixed, and usually a simple one at that. He was able to keep pace fairly well, to his surprise. He had to call the ER to refer a couple patients there who had more serious symptoms than they realized, but he was able to get through the entire roster only 20 minutes after they officially closed up. His notes weren't even that far behind.

Beth slowly walked in and leaned against the wall. With everyone gone she had decided to unzip her fleece and had a very tight, very revealing black tank top underneath, clinging to her large breasts and flat stomach.

"Hey Dr. Davidson, almost finished up?"

"Yeah Beth, it went pretty well today, thanks again for your help."

"Anytime. You were like a machine today, I'm impressed."

He chuckled "Thanks. You were efficient as always," and turned back to his computer.

She took a step forward. "Dr. Davidson... can I ask you a favor?"

"Yeah sure Beth," he said as he kept typing.

"It's nothing, just... like don't make a 'visit' or a note out of it, but can you look at something for me?"

"Uh, Okay." he said looking up at her.

She slipped her fleece off and threw it on the chair, the smooth flawless skin of her shoulders and the tops of her breasts jumped out at him. "I noticed a mole on my shoulder, and like, maybe it's nothing, but it's new, and I go to tanning salons sometimes..."

"You know those aren't healthy Beth," he said, standing up to take a look as she turned to the side.

"I know. I just go sometimes. I like my skin to look nice. ...My boyfriend likes it."

She moved her thumb under the strap of her left shoulder and, to his surprise moved both the tank top and the bra strap down to the side of her arm. She was still decent, but only barely.

"Well in my opinion you should keep your skin looking nice by avoiding those places, I think you're fine how you are," he countered encouragingly.

"Thank you," she whispered as he placed his hands delicately on her shoulder on either side of the lesion.

She was not the first attractive female he had examined, by far, and he had developed an instinct for going into 'doctor-mode', which to him meant forgetting the fact that a hot woman stood in front of you and instead focusing intently on the medical details of what you're examining, picturing the cells, thinking of the physiology. He noted the contour of the lesion, the shape and colour. Going through the list of possible skin issues in his head. It didn't take long though, it looked like the most normal benign mole he had ever seen.

The back of his mind however, seemed to have a direct line of communication to his peripheral vision, in which her left breast was becoming more and more revealed from his vantage point above her. The cup of her bra slightly separating from it and the hint of a silhouette of a nipple taking shape as she took a deep breath in and it rose and fell. He didn't think it directly, but more felt it in his lower instinctual brain, that a large, supple breast of a young woman in her prime hung below him in the corner of his eye. He couldn't decide if it was intentional or not when he stole one quick direct glance as he pulled away from her. In that fraction of a second he could see the top side of her nipple and the remainder of her perfect D-cup breast, jutting out proudly, despite having lost its support. She clearly didn't wear much padding in her bra, and in fact looked bigger than he had thought.

He quickly stepped away and sat down again. "It looks benign Beth, I wouldn't worry about it. If it starts to grow or take on a weird shape or color then have someone take another look," he said trying to sound professional, and deliberately keeping his eyes on the computer screen.

He pretended to look at another chart note, but was too busy noticing her standing there out of the corner of his eye. She hadn't pulled the strap back on her shoulder yet, her top was still hanging loose on one side just barely covering the lower half of her left breast. She just stood there breathing.

Finally she hooked her thumb under it and pulled it back on top of her left shoulder. Only then did he have the courage to turn his eyes back to her. Only then did he notice that while she had been standing there, she had brought her other hand up under her right shoulder strap, as if she had planned to release it too...

She looked flushed, and stared at his eyes for a brief second before turning away and reaching for her fleece.

"Thanks Dr. Davidson. That's a big relief," she said in a surprisingly normal voice.

"Yeah no problem," he said looking back at the computer screen.

"K bye," she said, and left the room quickly.

He let out a long sigh.

Suddenly she walked back into the room as quickly as she had left.

"Hey I meant to ask you something else," she said seeming slightly out of breath. "So, my boyfriend Jared and I are throwing a house party tonight and it probably won't be like, huge, but there'll be music and drinks, and games and hopefully it'll be fun, and if you maybe wanted to stop by that'd be cool, like you could, um, you could bring your fiance, if she's into that, and like, no pressure but just if you're not doing anything. It's whatever." She had her fleece bunched up in a ball and was hugging it tightly into her stomach, pushing her breasts up even higher.

He looked at her nervous eyes, sharp and defined under her heavy makeup. He was speechless for a moment.

"Uhh, thanks Beth I appreciate the offer. I'm... not sure if we're free tonight, or if that's... our 'scene' per se. I mean, I'd feel like a bit of an old fart showing up to party with your friends I think..."

"What? No. I promise they'd be fine with it. I mean, yeah you're a BIT older but like, you seem like a cool guy and... wait how old are you?

"Twenty nine."

"Pffft, whatever, look you have my cell right? Just send a text if you wanna come and I'll give you directions."

"Sure Beth, thanks."

"K," she smiled and let out a long breath. "K," she said again and bounced out of the room.

He was starting to become more certain he wasn't imagining things.

Shit.

How much trouble was this girl gonna be? Was he sending his own signals and not realizing it? Why the hell did Elaina have to be right? Goddammit.

His cock was pressing into his underwear, wanting to swell larger, and he could tell his heart rate was up. He didn't want to think about it right now. He turned back to the computer.

The last couple of notes that should only have taken him 5 minutes, took him 20. His head was a mess. His palms were still sweaty. He quickly got his stuff and set the alarm to the clinic and closed up.

He was almost at his car when he felt his pocket and suddenly realized his cellphone was still sitting on his desk in the clinic. Shit! He quickly spun on his heel in a 180 and walked straight into a woman he hadn't realized was behind him.

Two very big soft objects squished into his abs and a head of blonde wavy hair slammed into his chest.

"OH!" she cried out in surprise.

He grabbed her by the shoulders to steady her and stop both of them from toppling over. She pulled her head away and looked up at him. It was the same slightly-large woman who had been checking him out in the parking lot a few days earlier. She looked up at him with doe-eyed surprise, her light blue eyes locking with his and her mouth partway open. He could see down her button-up sweater into her deep cleavage as her tits pressed into him and she breathed quickly.

"Sorry!" was all he could muster.

She whispered "I'm okay" barely audible, and he more read her lips than heard her as she stared up at him and her face turned red.

123456...8