Saving the Doctor Pt. 03

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Jon and Carly stood up with everyone else, and crossed the room to each other in the mingling crowd. They raised their hands up in a double high-five above their heads, but their hands stayed together and their fingers clasped, as their faces came close.

"You sly little fox," Jon smiled at her.

She bit her lip and grinned back excitedly.

They quickly brought their hands down between them and separated as their fingers slid apart, and their flirtatious stare broke away.

He turned back to his drink and his scowling fiance.

"Sorry honey, it's that kind of game," he shrugged.

"I don't know whether to be angry or impressed," she said raising an eyebrow at him. "I didn't think you were that good at lying to me."

"If it makes you feel any better, I didn't know either," Jon said jokingly.

She squinted at him and pouted, but held his hand as they went upstairs.

Jeff and Grace had snacks spread out for everyone. Jon needed to hit the washroom and the one on the main floor was occupied, so he went upstairs.

After he was done washing his hands he reached for the door knob, but hesitated when he heard Carly and Brent's soft but angry voices in the hall outside:

"I don't WANT to go, I'm having fun, you're not even trying," she whispered.

"I didn't think we'd be this late, why are you even drinking?" Brent asked.

"I haven't ovulated yet, and I took a test anyway and it was negative. I can drink as much as I want."

"Which is going to take all night?"

"A couple more hours at least, Grace is a really good friend, I don't want to be literally the first to leave her party."

"I don't know why you bother going to the gym with her so much if you're just going to drink like this, it's all going straight back on to your ass anyway."

Silence. Then Carly's quiet breaking voice, "How about you let me worry about that and focus on your own fucking problems for once."

"This party's ridiculous. These people are idiots."

"They're my friends!"

"I'm tired of being here, and I want to leave."

"Then fucking go! I don't care anymore, I'll find a ride or a cab. Hey let GO of me you asshole."

"Fine. I'm going."

"Good."

Jon heard footsteps pad down the stairs. After another minute he opened the door carefully and saw an empty hallway and headed downstairs. At the bottom he glanced down the dark main-floor hallway and saw Grace with her hand on Carly's shoulder with their backs turned in a quiet conversation. Brent was putting on his shoes at the entrance-way.

Jon went into the kitchen and found another beer and a round of congratulations on winning the game. Some jokes about 'betraying his wife' got a little uncomfortable. He clarified they were just engaged, and they segued to talking about the wedding.

Grace and Carly walked in talking about mixing a stiff drink. Carly seemed mostly back to normal, with only a slight redness to her eyes, and hint of pain under her smile which he might not have noticed had he not eavesdropped on her spat with Brent. She clinked her glass with Grace's and they each took a generous gulp. Jeff left to put some more plates in the dining room and a couple others followed, so the kitchen was almost empty. Grace said she had an idea and was going to go check something and left. Jon raised an eyebrow at her vague departure, then turned to Carly realizing they were suddenly alone. He smiled through a feeling of awkwardness, reaching out across the kitchen to clink his glass with hers.

"To sweet victory," he said.

She giggled. "Yep. We make a good team I guess."

"I didn't know you had that kind of conniving... prowess like that. You had them eating out of your hand."

She blushed and laughed. "There's a lot of things you might not know about me," she said raising an eyebrow.

"Oh? Such as...?" Jon asked, intrigued.

She made a sly smile and looked up at the ceiling. "Such as..." she looked back at him with an almost annoyed look, "Actually you pretty much know it all, as much as anyone anyway." She chuckled and shook her head, "I almost forgot how much we used to talk," she said, as she glanced away, suddenly looking regretful.

"I guess I just don't know what you're capable of," Jon said, trying to stay lighthearted.

She smiled and looked back up at him, sliding one foot up along the cupboard. "Yeah, maybe I don't even know," she chuckled.

They sipped their drinks and regarded each other, a certain tension filling the air.

"You guys staying a while longer?" she asked, playing with the strand of hair next to her face.

"Yeah I think so, at least for another game or two I hope."

Just then, Elaina walked in and grabbed the bottle of wine to fill another glass, while Jon gulped and tried to look normal.

"I have to admit Jon, this party is much more entertaining than I predicted."

"See, you just have to trust me honey," Jon replied happily.

"Trust? After that game downstairs? Yeah right," she squinted at him.

"Sorry again," Carly said, looking genuinely apologetic.

"Oh that's not necessary dear, I was honestly impressed once the sting wore off," Elaina said clinking her wineglass with hers, "You seem to have a knack for deception."

Jon sipped his drink silently.

Elaina turned to him. "Anyway, since I'm enjoying the party and very much enjoying the wine, I think I might take you up on your suggestion of taking a taxi home."

"Of course honey, just let me know," he said, smiling in amusement.

"...but not till later, I have more games to win," Elaina said with a mischievous smile, and drifted over to the dining room.

Grace came back in and whispered in Carly's ear.

"Fuck yes," Carly said.

Grace made a gesture of smoking a joint to Jon and nodded sideways, indicating to follow her if he wanted.

"Yeah, sure why not," Jon said.

They headed toward the basement and Grace noticed Rob was following.

"Can I help you?" she asked.

"I saw the signal, I'm coming to partake," he said matter-of-factly.

Grace frowned at him.

"Bitch, I'm your supplier," he laughed at her amicably.

She half-smirked, half-scowled at him and continued down the stairs.

"You're not my ONLY supplier," she defended.

"Oh, so do you have something new and tasty? he asked eagerly.

"Maybe," she said. "Probably won't impress you and the special quality stuff you keep for yourself."

"True, true," Rob laughed. "Jeff's not invited?"

"I'll let him look after the party. I'm sure he'll find some of his own later," she reassured him.

They headed into the utility room and she turned on an air exchanger.

"We keep this room well ventilated so Jeff's chemistry set doesn't reak up the house," she explained pointing at his brewing set-up. "Comes in handy sometimes."

Grace took out a fat joint and lit it and they passed it around. Rob and Jon talked about work a bit. As a radiologist Rob had come across Elaina once or twice, like Grace had, but didn't have much to say, almost seeming to avoid it and smoothly changing the subject. Rob was into mountain-biking and rock-climbing when he wasn't gaming with Ben. He had known Jeff since residency, and had stayed good friends with him and Grace ever since.

Carly and Grace were talking about taking their stress and frustrations out on the treadmill and the weight bench on Monday. He found out they had been going to Jared's gym and he was sometimes helping them out as an unofficial personal trainer. Beth had even swung by on occasion to show them up, they said. They seemed to be implying they hadn't made any progress.

Jon laughed, "Well for what it's worth, as someone who hasn't seen you girls in a month or two, it's paying off. You're doing fine."

He wasn't lying. He hadn't put his finger on it at first, but Carly's body was a bit different. Still thick in all the right ways, but she seemed more toned now.

"Fine?" Grace looked skeptically at him.

"Fine..." Jon waggled his eyebrows and smiled jokingly sucking back on the joint.

They laughed. Rob gave him a fist bump in approval.

"Well thank you kind sir," Grace replied. "Where do you go to the gym by the way?"

Jon shook his head. "I don't actually have a membership anywhere."

"Oh fuck off, we can see those veins and you've obviously made some progress on yourself since we've seen you last," she said. "Back me up Carly."

Carly blushed and giggled. "Yeah she's not lying," she agreed, running her eyes over him.

Damn, it felt good, he admitted to himself.

"I just work out at home," he said. "It's easier."

"If you say so," Grace said.

Rob finished off the joint. "Not bad Grace. Thanks for the mellow."

"I'm kinda itching for some of those snacks up there now," she said.

"Think there's any left?"

"Let's go see."

There was. They chowed down hungrily on a few snacks as people talked about which games to start up next.

Jeff sniffed at Grace, "You snuck away and had some fun without me, you little weasel"

"Hey, I was just entertaining our guests," she defended. "As were you," she flirted, pointing her finger on his chest, and sliding it around. "There's still more left for later if you want, don't worry."

"Okay fine," Jeff said, and pecked her a kiss.

Jon and Carly were admiring the kids' drawings on the fridge, making comments about the shading and proportions and joking about whether they could draw any better. He mentioned that he had a few similar drawings in his office from some of his favorite tiny patients. Carly said she was jealous and that none of them drew her any pictures for giving them meds. He reassured her that a good bunch of them screamed in fear the entire time, but some, his favorite one's, knew him as 'Doca Daybissin' and drew him pictures in exchange for their good-patient stickers. Carly let out a huge 'awwwww' and smiled adoringly at him, squeezing his arm.

Every touch from her felt amazing. She slid her hand off him and hugged herself, looking back at the pictures with maybe a hint of a blush, and took a deep breath, letting out a sigh. He watched her chest rise and fall and thought that sweater was the luckiest piece of fabric on earth.

Grace came up behind them. "Have my stories not turned you off of having kids yet?" she joked.

"They might have, but then you let me meet them," Carly said. "They're adorable!" she told Jon, widening her big blue eyes for emphasis.

"Oh?" he said, grinning wide.

"Yeah they're the cutest, where's a picture?" Carly said, scanning the fridge "Here!" she said, pointing up at some school pictures half-buried under more drawings."

"Aww. Yep, I'm with Carly on this one," he said "How old are they again?"

"Seven and nine," Grace answered. She crossed her arms and looked at Carly. "They don't give YOU the same attitude and snobbery they give their parents believe me. It's nice to have my sister to trade off sleep-overs with their cousins at least. You have no idea how much I cherish having nights off like tonight."

"Yeah, the first few years especially are tough as hell, from what I know. It's worth it overall though right?" Jon asked her.

"I really think it depends on the person, but for me? Yeah. I love the little buggers to death," she said, smirking. He could see the pride in her eyes.

"You and Elaina going to?" Grace asked.

"Well yeah I def-..." he sighed "It's um... still in the debate stages," he sipped his drink feeling embarrassed at the admission.

Grace chuckled, "Better figure that shit out man. It's not a decision to toy with."

"Yeah, believe me I know," Jon said, feeling more uncomfortable. "I think they're starting the games back up," he said, looking to escape the conversation.

He glanced at Carly who quickly diverted her gaze, but not before catching a pondering look in her eyes.

One group went downstairs to play charades, Elaina was among them. Two other tables in the living room had complicated boards open, one involving a space station, another had something to do with a railroad and a lot of cards.

He ended up in the dining room with eight other people. Their game involved writing opinions and joke responses on a piece of paper after a card prompt. He thought he could use the laughter after the awkwardness in the kitchen. Carly sat down next to him and flashed him a smile.

"You ever play this game before?" she asked him.

"No actually, what am I getting myself into?" he asked with a chuckle.

"It's fun. I mean it depends on who's playing, but it's got a lot of potential," she said.

She was right. After two rounds they had the hang of it, and were in hysterics voting for who's responses were the best and worst.

The rounds went on and Jon became aware of him and Carly touching more and more, completely innocent things like the side of their legs resting against each other and a playful elbow or leaning against him for a few seconds. His brain registered each one though.

He wrote down what he thought was a pretty clever quip which answered the question with a twist in its meaning. Carly nearly spit out her drink and leaned against him shaking in laughter with everyone else. She collapsed into him, finally swallowing her drink and laughing out loud as she wrapped her arms around him and her tits bounced into the side of his arm. He could feel his face go red, but he was laughing too so it didn't look out of place. She eventually straightened back up, but took her time moving her arm around from behind him, tracing her hand along his back and his thigh before resting it on her own lap. His skin tingled wherever her hand had slid.

He, almost subconsciously, touched his pinky finger on hers. They interlocked for a split second before they both took their hands away to grab another piece of paper and write. Another round came and went and her foot brushed up against his and stayed. He wiggled his toes. She slid her foot a little more...

5 minutes later they were playing full-out footsie under the table, her ankle wrapped around his. She looked up at him from their laugh with a red face, and a briefly serious desire in her eyes echoed his own feelings for a moment before they turned back to the table.

The game finally ended and they got up to get another drink and wander around, staying next to each other and still laughing about some of the responses from the last game. She smiled at him flirtatiously and played with her necklace as they talked. He couldn't help getting sucked into her playfulness and flirted back as warm excitement flowed through him. It was like they had lost no time and the last two months hadn't happened.

Another game being brought out needed teams of two, and they volunteered and sat down side by side again at the table.

As the game got going their feet found each other under the table again. Eventually so did their hands. They were careful to keep it subtle and discrete. The game didn't require much hands-on work, so one hand free was enough as they played with each others fingers under the table.

They started to do a few risky things occasionally, though thankfully no one noticed. She dug her nails into his thigh for a few seconds, even grabbing him at the top of his leg as she pretended to be shifting in her chair. His cock moved in appreciation. He traced his fingers up the inside of her leg and up to her groin as he brought his hand up to move a playing piece while he sipped his drink. Then exactly reversed the motion as he brought his hand back under the table. He noticed the subtle shaking of her breath, and she looked very warm. The few glances they stole at each other were pure desire, distilled into a half-second gaze from her perfect shining eyes.

Then he heard Elaina's voice in the other room, "Do you know where Jon ended up?"

He took his hand away and cleared his throat. He turned around to see her walking into the living room and smiled, "Hey honey."

"Jon, I just called a cab, they should be about 15 minutes okay?" she seemed to have a very frank tone, more so than usual. Like she had just up and decided to stop having fun.

"Oh, uh, yeah sure that's fine. We're almost done here I think, and I can get someone to sub in if I have to," he replied, sounding a little surprised. He looked at his watch showing it was just after midnight, which he supposed was somewhat late, at least for Elaina.

About ten minutes later, the game was done. He and Carly refrained from touching each other and simply shared a regretful glance as he got up from the table. He said goodbye and thanks to Jeff, who seemed a bit tired himself. Grace was more surprised and regretful that they had to go, but gave him a big hug and made him promise he'd be at the New Year's party.

"New Year's party?" Elaina asked as they walked to the cab.

"Yeah, Jeff told me they were thinking about it. I guess Grace has her mind made up."

"I'm not sure I'll be able to make it to that," she said simply.

The cab ride home was oddly silent. He held her hand and she didn't pull away but seemed reserved and distant compared with her previously excited self.

"Something wrong honey?" he asked.

"No dear, I just can only handle so much fun, I guess. Not like you, unfortunately," she said smiling at him. "I'm just desperate to collapse into our bed, to be honest."

"Fair enough, don't worry about it," he said. They spent the rest of the drive in silence as she closed her eyes, and he tried to decide how worried to be.

The next day he took a cab to go pick up their car around 11:00am. It was a bright crisp day, the freshly fallen snow coating the ground in soft, sparkling white. He only had a slight headache, so the brightness was mostly pleasant. Elaina had been a bit sick when he woke up, unsurprisingly, but not nearly as bad as after their own party. He asked her again if there was anything they needed to talk about from last night, but she reassured him she had just been tired and that she'd had a great time until the end.

He decided she most likely hadn't seen anything. Once again he didn't feel nearly as much guilt as he thought he should. He still wanted Carly. There was no denying it. He figured at this point he probably always would, at least to some extent. It was a question of whether he let himself do anything more about it.

Instead of going straight to his car, he decided to knock on Jeff and Grace's door to offer to help clean up, figuring it was only fair after they had done the same.

Jeff answered the door looking tired, but gave a friendly hello.

He said they didn't have a ton to clean up, but that he was welcome to come in for brunch. The smell had already hit Jon and was incredible, so he agreed and stepped inside.

"Honey throw on a few more sausages! Jon's here." Jeff called back to the kitchen.

"Yeah you bet! Hi Jon!" Grace called from the kitchen.

He took off his shoes and started to follow Jeff into the house. He was right, the place barely looked like it had hosted a party the day before, other than the carpet being a bit messy.

"Actually Carly's here too, she stayed till the end, and people were already having trouble with cabs by then, so she slept in the guestroom."

"Oh," Jon said, trying to stay casual as his heart rate increased.

"She's just in the shower now I think," he said. "Grace mentioned her and Brent had a bit of a spat apparently, so that might have been a factor too. Keep that on the down-low though."

"Oh, uh yeah, that's too bad." he said, trying to portray the right amount of surprised.

"Sorry again for having to leave early, I guess Elaina was just partied out by the sounds of it," Jon said, changing the subject.

"Oh no worries, it wasn't that early really. People trickled out between then at about 2 o'clock when we finally called it quits," Jeff reassured him, looking away.

"K. I guess I don't feel quite as bad then," Jon said.

1...456789