All Comments on 'Saving the Doctor Pt. 05'

by coax_me

Sort by:
  • 14 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Your writing is superb, but that was a weird one. 5 stars from me though for the writing and the definition in the plot.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Bout beat this horse to death. He's stupid yada yada ............. Slow learner , will end up in hospital fighting for his life, his GF will save him from the evil fiance who has hurled herself off a cliff or is incarcerated for life.

Ilfen1Ilfen1over 2 years ago

This was great. Fucking brilliant. Absolutely a breath of fresh air from most plotless stories, but also the ones with plot. You actually dared to take this down a "dark" path, with a believable villain that it feels good to hate.

For most of the story, while I was gripped by the plot, the sex scenes actually felt kinda repulsive and I was rooting for Jon to defy Elaina every time. I'm glad he finally managed to do it.

longslowlicklongslowlickover 2 years ago

Outstanding!!! Just as the other chapters.

10 stars if I could. Keep up the good work.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

What a wimp of a character you have sketched... And the last few parts just looked like a rehash until the last 3 pages and honestly hope it will progress rather than go down a blackhole

And frankly the marital rape hmm

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

I'm having a love/hate relationship with this story. brilliant the emotion it evokes for the characters. Keep it up.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

I really have enjoyed reading your story. At long last Jon is going to ditch the witch. Thank you for sharing.

hectarehectareover 2 years ago

Could this really happen? He's stabbed, needs the ER there's a mad woman outside and he's fucking the neighbor?

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Best story I have ever read on here. I couldn’t stop reading the Latest 2 chapters!!!!

coax_mecoax_meover 2 years agoAuthor

Well, I had a feeling this chapter would garner all types of reactions. Overall I'm impressed and flattered despite some of the responses. I'll start by saying that when I first started writing the early chapters, this point was envisioned as the final climax (with somewhat different events, less vicious, and obviously Carly being the one he escapes with, so if you want to stop here and imagine that instead, then have at it.), but I decided the characters had more to give, and I wanted to go beyond this arc, so here we are.

I get that it's not for everyone. I will say though, if your only reaction is “Psshh he's just dumb, I would just leave,” then, good for you, I guess. But, tons of people end up stuck in unhealthy/abusive relationships and they're not all withering sub-human peabrained losers. I was trying to flesh out and explore the dynamics of how and why it happens, such as when they've been with them for a long time and their emotional claws are sunk in. Yes, Jon is absolutely a flawed protagonist, but I hope you can stick with him, as he still has a lot more to learn (the hard way). I'd even argue that one of the more unrealistic things about this chapter is how quickly he ends up escaping his abusive relationship, statistically speaking. ...but I'm not an expert, maybe I missed the mark with all this.

That said, yes the final scene gets unrealistic, it was just too cathartic to resist ...sorry? ;)

Seriously though, Thank you for all your honest opinions. I'm still amazed at the response. I started writing these just for myself, when I was bored at the start of the pandemic. It's weird how things can snowball. Stay tuned. Thanks again for reading.

FrodovFrodovover 2 years ago

Still so many questions... what's next? <smile> Bravo.

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago
Weird ending

Sex with the neighbor at the end just seemed completely out of character for both Jon ahd Tabitha, and for Elaina seeing it. Tabitha would have called the police and rushed him to a hospital, and if Elaina saw them having sex she would have murdered at least Tabitha if not Jon too.

Just an odd choice in the story; it feels like you’re checking off characters that Jon is supposed to have sex with as the story winds down and you didn’t know when else to fit it in.

ProletarianStickProletarianStick10 months ago

Interesting chapter, Jon and Elaina's terrible relationship really hit rock bottom. I know that victims of emotional or mental abuse find it almost impossible to escape but there was so much depressing content here I found myself skipping ahead hoping for the light at the end. That's probably my only complaint, I get that the author wanted to explore the dynamic but there were times I was so angry I nearly stopped reading. There's only so much negativity a reader wants to slog through which is why I'm glad it finally came to a head.

There were also some strange parts, like others said the ending was bizarre honestly. But also the part where after Jon finally confides in Jeff he lets his friend go home to an abusive partner? If that were me I would take my friend anywhere but there even if he insists on going home. Victims like Jon who don't have the strength to stand up for themselves need good people to help them, not take them back to the abuser. That being said, I'm still invested in this story and I think the ending will be worth it.

AnonymousAnonymous2 months ago

The problem isn't that he doesn't leave, it's that he keeps seeing all the options he has and doesn't leave. The people who remain in those relationships usually feel like they don't have any options, that's part of the point of the social manipulation and isolation. She never succeeded in isolating him properly so it isn't believable that he would let it go this far.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
usercoax_me@coax_me
Simply a longtime reader that started to delve into writing a bit myself, and decided to share some of it on here.

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES