All Comments on 'Scott and Connor Ch. 08'

by YesterdayOnceMore

Sort by:
  • 13 Comments
JRSONJRSONalmost 3 years ago

Wow... we waited two years for this very disappointing chapter! So now the boyfriends share! WTF is this?

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

This is a complete letdown. Such a huge wait and then this? First, wtf was that explanation about Nicole? It was not an explanation. Connor knew who Scott was the entire time and never said anything at all. Not when they first met, not when they got feelings for each other, not when Scott questioned the scar, and especially not when Connor knew he was going to meet Scott’s family/sister? Just a huge load of dishonesty. Both Scott and Nicole saw it as sketchy but neither held Connor to a real explanation and why he did it. Then a few more months pass and Connor is encouraging the man he lives to fuck someone else? And Scott agrees? That makes no fucking sense at all. Are these now two different characters? And we also see that the dishonesty and playing with others has led to Scott also fucking (consistently) a 28yo grad student named Dean?! The wheels have fallen off this story big time!!! Why?

Lonelymale61Lonelymale61almost 3 years ago

Good Story. I hope everything works out for them, but only the author knows for sure.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Looks like this relationship is anything but solid! So disappointing! Scott didn't want Connor to fuck around with anyone else and asked him not to! What the Fuck is wrong with Connor to encourage Scott to fuck around? This story was so good until a two year pause! None of it makes any sense! If you want to fuck around, then break up! What has changed in Scott and Connor that makes either of them think that this is a good idea! Does Connor know about this thing with Scott and Dean? Did he encourage that as well? Do either of them even care anymore? Will we find out Connor is messing around as well! This whole idea of should we make love or fuck is not at all normal! They claim to love each other! This is not Love! You don't sneak around and cheat, and plan to keep doing it if you love someone! This story is just not realistic, way to many things that don't make any sense! Very disappointing, especially after such a long wait!

Hutchison12Hutchison12almost 3 years ago

Thank you for sharing this with us / me, Can’t wait for the next.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

It's so interesting to me that the thing may Lit readers get up in arms about is any HINT of non-monogamy. Relationships don't have to be monogamous to be valid! You can be in a happy, committed relationship and decide to open things up with the consent of your partner, it doesn't mean you're less in love or that you're relationship is any less stable! In fact, MANY queer relationships exist and operate this way. It's not cheating if you have the approval & awareness of your partner, and can work if you're open & honest with each other.

I've witnessed a huge backlash in the comments section whenever an author has started to explore this, and often the author then course corrects and removes it from the narrative, which I find disappointing.

I do agree with the criticism regarding the Nicole plot - such a huge build-up and cliff hanger to be abruptly and unconvincingly hand-waved aside. It also doesn't make sense why Connor wouldn't just tell Scott before hand, knowing he would be seeing Nicole at Thanksgiving anyway.

Anyway, looking forward to future chapters and I'm happy that we're getting a resolution to Connor & Scott's story.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

For those who can’t recognize the trope, Connor doesn’t want to feel guilty for “claiming” Scott as a Freshman and “denying him” his chance to have fun and fuck anything with 2 legs and a dick, especially when he’s 5 months from potentially moving far away and forcing Scott into a long distance relationship with no sex as a 19 year old college sophomore, so he’s encouraging Scott to “sow his oats” with his permission while he’s still there so Scott can experience what Connor thinks he wants but won’t act on. The entire inner monologue before the first flashback basically proved that with “Connor has your heart” and “how i ended up sleeping with a grad student while being with Connor “. Connor knows. He’s probably encouraging it, Dean just got attached when he knew not to and there’s now a love triangle drama angle. These characters aren’t different…a little cliche, but they’re still very much in love with very poor communication skills, and it’ll boil over into a climax at some point.

BaladeerBaladeeralmost 3 years ago

Hmmm.... the direction of this storyline is making me a bit sad.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

dam so cant wait for the next chapter. please get it out for us to read soon thanks John

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

I too was disappointed by this chapter - a lot! I want to respond to the Anon who talks of open relationships. A committed, monogamous relationship happens when two people have deep feelings for each other, cherish each other as special (above all others) and only want/need each other. If these things aren’t present (queer or straight) then an open arrangement may work or may be desired by both parties. But it certainly means something is missing from the commitment or else you wouldn’t want, need, or even consider sex with another. Plus in this story, these things were never really discussed and seem very out of character for these two. They’d been exclusive for many months and expressed love for each other, and had sex daily if not more. They are both very attractive and could certainly have many other partners but had chosen not to. Suddenly literally out of nowhere Connor is encouraging - even shoving - Scott into sex with another guy. Scott is clearly not a fan but then concedes at the party when drunk and horny. Not a good recipe for success. Jealousy is a real thing, if you explore you are bound to find things you like as well or more than what you’ve got with your “committed” partner, it WILL erode your bond. You are no longer reserving something special and exclusively for your one chosen. They will no longer feel like your special one. The actions of this chapter will cause problems, Connor will not be 100% ok about it, we see that by March, Scott is already consistently fucking Dean - and who knows who else? Who knows if Connor knows? Who knows who Connor’s with? But one thing is for sure. They aren’t still spending all of the time together, they aren’t saving a special part of themselves only for each other, they aren’t communicating and being honest about what they really want, and this relationship isn’t on solid ground. If the sharing and open play were in the context of a story where it made sense, didn’t come out of nowhere, was about two people who really were both into the concept, and didn’t seem to point to impending doom, then I don’t think you’d see the backlash. IMO.

dnsontndnsontnalmost 3 years ago

What an absolute thrill to find this story, recently update, and having the opportunity to go back and read from the first chapter posted in June 2018. You, dear Author, have stoked some fiery conversation in the comments! Passionate opinions below my comment, no doubt. Thank you for picking up the story again, it's beyond engaging and it's engrossing. I sincerely, selfishly, hope you will continue. Your writing just gets better and better. Bravo!

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Great chapter, can't wait for the next one!

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Disappointed that he gave permission and is feeling bad later. Although I feel Connor would've cheated regardless. Please continue the series soon. Its been 6 months.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous