All Comments on 'Sea State Six'

by dirtyjoe69

Sort by:
  • 1 Comment
AnonymousAnonymousover 14 years ago
Not a Bad Submission

He just left a lot of stuff out. I was a Radarman and then an Operations Specialist for most of my 24 years. RD and OS was the same job just a different name. I don't know what type of ship the author was serving in but my first 3 ships were destroyers. They were very narrow and long so the ships rolled a lot. What most who have never been to sea on a small ship does not understand is when the ship rolls 45 degrees it is just as easy to walk on the walls as to walk on the deck. When the ship rolls more then 45 degrees it is easier to walk on the walls then the deck. As to sea sickness the ship pitching is much worse the when it rolls. I will also say when I was sea sick I still stood my watch on the radar scope. I did keep a bucket between my knees for when the worst happened. I will also say to the 'lubbers that every thing you do on a ship is very dangerous. I was on a ship and a guy went to throw trash over the side one night. He fell overboard. We soon found nim and had a search light on him and he just disappeared. Lost at sea.

Mike S.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous