Season of Joy

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Nothing but some leftovers at home."

"Would it be weird if I took you to dinner tonight?" She tilted her head to the right in the most adorable way.

"I would be glad to take YOU to dinner, It would be hard for me to let you pay."

"Okay how about if we go Dutch."

"Then we won't call it a date, it will be a "get acquainted" dinner."

"Yeah"

'I'll pick you up at seven?"

"I'll meet you there."

"Okay, Where?

"Jared's sound okay?"

"Meet you at seven." Gere started to jump from the car but Joy instead let herself out of the car. She gave him a little wave and headed for the large glass doors into the Lobby.

"Adorable" he uttered with a huge smile.

Allison was in the midst of closing the office when Joy breezed in with a huge smile. She almost danced into the room and plopped down in the only chair other than hers in her office.

"Did someone have a good afternoon?"

"Your valley is beautiful," Joy said, dodging what she knew Allison seemed to imply, "I love it!"

"Hmmm...I agree, but somehow I suspect there is some other reason why you floated in here on a cloud."

"What?" Joy tried to sound like she didn't understand, but the grin on her face betrayed her.

"Okay...spill," said Allison with her arms crossed over her chest.

"He is so...charming"

"And?"

"Isn't that enough?

"Hardly."

"We have a dinner date."

"Better... but still not enough."

Joy giggled bent close to Allison and said in a near whisper, "I kissed him!" she reddened with a little embarrassment and covered her face with her palms.

"YOU kissed HIM?"

"Yes." pulling her hands away just long enough to speak Immediately burying them behind her fingers again.

Allison pulled her office chair from behind her desk and situated it in front of Joy so their knees were nearly touching. "Tell me, tell me, tell meeeee!"

"Okay, Okay keep your panties on," Joy laughed."

"Ewwww." Allison was more excited than Joy thought she would be.

"Okay, we were way up on the top of the valley and stopped to see the view of the valley and the mountains behind. You know, that wide spot on the way to ....I can't remember any way, I was overwhelmed with the beauty with the fall colors and....

"Quit stalling and get on with how you kissed him!" Allison was near to bursting! Joy giggled and continued, "I was overwhelmed, like I said, and sobbed a little. Gere delicately touched my face and wiped the tear from my cheek. With the other hand he tucked a wisp of my hair behind my ear.."

"I love when a man does that!"

"The next thing I knew, we were kissing,"

"Little or big?

"Biiggg." Joy whispered.

"Biiggg," Allison licked her lips and echoed, and considered that for a moment.

"Long or short?"

"Long...veerrryyy long,"Joy was enjoying Allison's rapt attention.

"Oh my." Allison blushed and began to fan her face, Then she thought of the only thing she really wanted to know, "Was it hot?"

"Oh my God, Allison, it was the hottest kiss I have ever.... I've kissed a lot of men professionally and recreationally but that man can kiss! I about melted! It was the best kiss I have ever had..." she stopped because of the effect it was having on Allison. Allison gasped and moaned making Joy think she may have had a small orgasm right there in her seat!

"Wow!" Allison sat back and fixed her eyes on Joy. "Did you and he, uhhh....?"

"NO! My god, Allison..I'm not some floozy!"

"Oh, honey...when it comes to a man like Gere, we're all floozies!" Allison was only half joking. "If it were me, I would have been on my back in the rear seat of his car for the rest of the afternoon."

Joy laughed and tried to dismiss what Allison said, but she remembered how she felt during the kiss. It caused her to turn bright red. She was thankful that Gere was a gentleman and did not take advantage of her vulnerability.

Allison could see her face redden and clicked her tongue with a knowing grin and a nod of her head. "I think there is more than one floozy in this room."

Joy looked down, not wanting Allison to know she was right.

"Are you going to see him again?"

"We're having dinner at 7."

"Oh my God, Joy! No woman has gone out with Gere more than once, and it's not because they don't want to, there are a few dozen women who are still waiting for a call from him. From what I hear, he doesn't date!

Joy went home and informed Edith that her plans had changed. She tried to make it sound like she was obliged to have the "dinner meeting" with a board member but Edith smirked, seeing through her ruse.

"Does the board member happen to be that gorgeous Gere Dawson?" Edith asked knowingly.

Joy couldn't help but grin and blushed with embarrassment, "Yes, it happens to be the 'gorgeous' Gere Dawson, I'm sorry."

"No need to apologize, dear, I'd do the same if it were me!"

"Thank you, Edith."

"Call if you decide to spend the night." Edith said with a devilish grin.

"Edith! You're a dirty minded old lady! Really!"

"You bet! Go have fun!"

"It is just dinner," Joy tried to explain.

"That's how it always starts out, honey," Edith smiled again.

Joy remembered pictures of Edith as a young woman, she was quite beautiful. Thomas told her that Edith was pretty wild back then and got herself "knocked up" as they said in those days. She married her boyfriend, and they stayed married to him almost 60 years when he suddenly died of a massive heart attack.

The dinner with Gere was fun and informative. They learned about each other's likes and dislikes, and other trivial minutia like favorite foods and favorite color. They learned that their favorite opera was: "La Boheme", their favorite composer lists were identical with only a few exceptions, and they both love rom-coms which surprised Joy.

"I'm an old softy," he told her. And he told a story about a most embarrassing incident when attending the Seattle Opera performance of "La Boheme" the year after Joy's performance.

The dramatic ending of the opera where the heroine, 'Mimi' dies in the arms of her lover with a brief silent moment in the orchestration, he had sobbed deeply and loudly much to his embarrassment and his wife's humiliation.

"Its funny now, but at the time we were both mortified" Gere laughed, "there is no way every person in the building didn't hear me it echoed about the hall! The actors never broke character, but they certainly must have heard it and laughed about it later."

"I sang with the tenor who sang 'Rodolfo'. He told me about that! Its one of his favorite stories! I can't believe that was you!"

"Really?" Gere buried his face in his hands, feeling embarrassment again after so many years.

Joy laughed and let him turn several more shades of red before she let him off the hook at last, "No, I'm pulling your leg!" Joy squealed with glee, she rarely pulled off a prank on someone and almost never successfully!

So they laughed about that and other funny incidents in their lives, and cried about the loss of their respective spouses to Alzheimer's. They discussed their common experiences with the gradual, excruciating loss of a loved one. The evening passed like a flash to them, only when they stood to leave were they aware of the stiffness of the three hours they had sat, engrossed in each other.

As they left the restaurant, they made sure they had phone numbers and email addresses and promised to keep in touch.

Gere walked her to her car and took her keys from her small hands and unlocked her rental car for her.

She shivered and pulled her jacket around herself when a cold late October wind blew her loose white hair around her head like a beautiful wisp of a cloud across the sky.

Gere was overcome with passion for her and pulled her into his arms. Joy raised her face to his and pulled her hair from in front of her mouth. Gere took that as an invitation and kissed her gently on the lips. The kiss transformed into a hot battle of tongue on tongue and both forgot the chill in the surrounding air.

When they separated at last, they were out of breath and looked at each other, lost in the gaze of the other. Joy leaned away and put her hand on Gere's cheek.

"I...I...damn, I can't even find the words!" She stuttered.

"Yeah, me too."

"Can we get together Saturday night?" Gere asked hopefully.

"I have to work," Joy answered with a noticeable sound of regret in her voice.

"Saturday Night?"

"Yes, the "Monster Ball" Halloween bash is that night and I'm the coordinator. Gerome already had it well planned but I still need to be there."

Gere laughed, "I was hoping to ask you to accompany me...I should have known!"

Joy laughed, "Well, you can come as my date, I won't be able to spend much time with you, probably, but I know I could use your help."

"I would be glad to....are you going to be in costume?

"Yes, of course."

"Who are you going as?

Joy pinched her white hair, "Elsa, from "Frozen"...who else."

Gere laughed, the character was well-known, but he had not seen the movie. He would have to watch the film to inform his choice of costume.

"I have to go home," said Joy. She was, in fact, reluctant to let this night end. Gere's company was warm and comfortable. But she needed time to sort her thoughts and feelings. She just couldn't think in his presence!

Joy leaned in to give Gere a light goodnight kiss, but it inevitably turned into a toe curling smoldering kiss. She couldn't get enough of him. At last, she tore herself from his arms and stepped into her car. As she drove off, she glanced at his reflection in her mirror. For his part, he watched her until she was out of sight.

Her heart ached at being parted from him.

"I'm falling in love with him," she told herself. "Don't be ridiculous! You can't be falling in love with him, you just met him!" she heard in her Mom's voice

"But I am." She admitted as she pulled down the street to Edith's.

Over the next several days they texted, emailed and talked on the phone every day. The texts were short greetings once, twice maybe three times a day. The emails were more informational, when and what time to call. Their calls were long conversations late into the evening. They were both getting sleep deprived, but they had a difficult time saying goodbye.

When Saturday evening finally arrived, they had arranged to meet for a quick bite before the flurry of activity to prepare the largest banquet room at the Center. The Ballroom had been decorated over the last several days under Allison's watchful eye. The bar was fully stocked and the bartenders were already preparing their stations for customers. Caterers were arranging the finger foods of BBQ wings, veggies trays, and meat with cheese wraps. The live band was setting up.

Joy and Gere arrived after their burger and fries at Don's Burgers and Brews and began laying out the complementary red noses and masks on sticks for anyone who wanted. Everything was set. Nevertheless, Joy was scurrying about checking every detail with a list that Gerome had left.

Gere smiled at her obsession...she was good at her job, a natural. He was proud of her and it puzzled him how he had come to care so much for this tiny slip of a woman.

Joy had reserved the use of two of the dressing rooms to change into their costumes after the work was done and the ball had started. Gere had decided to be "Kristoff" from 'Frozen' but he had kept it a secret from Joy. He had to go to extreme measures to find the costume at such a late date, but he had succeeded in putting one together.

Joy stepped from her dressing room and waited for Gere to appear from his. He had been very secretive about his costume refusing to even give her a clue what he intended to wear.

When Gere stepped into the hall, she was pleasantly surprised that he had chosen to be Kristoff to her Elsa ' a couples' theme! She blushed with more emotions from his choice than she could explain. Her heart beat faster when she thought of them as a couple. It was an unfamiliar sentiment, one she almost didn't recognize.

The couple entered the ballroom as it began to fill with partiers. It was an adult venue, selling alcohol, so they had hired the required amount of bouncers and several security officers to help keep things civilized. There were no restrictions on costumes and several were what Gere would consider risque Women seem to enjoy the excuse that Halloween provides to put their sexuality on display, and many displayed as much as legally possible!

Joy had to attend to details throughout the early evening, so she was busy and Gere saw little of her. There was little Gere could do to help, so he began to mix among the partiers and socialize. He knew a lot of people, and many were women of all ages.

He was a consummate flirt and found it great fun to banter with women of all ages even those less than half his age.

They had a habit of fawning over him, hugging and kissing his cheek. None of them were of interest to him however, never had been, so he didn't consider it was out of line or inappropriate this evening as well. It didn't occur to him, he was 'just being himself'.

He never led them on, or touched them inappropriately, or kissed them back and if he did it was a chaste peck on the cheek. Women seemed to gravitate to him, always had. If anyone asked why, they would say he made them feel good, attractive, and sexy, all without crossing any lines.

Joy finished most of her duties, got herself a wine and started seeking out Gere. When she found him, he was surrounded by several attractive young women in skimpy outfits who had their hands all over him.

Joy stopped short and watched him with these much younger women. She was surprised by the strength of the emotions that rose within her. It looked to her like he was making passes at numerous women all at once. It was disgusting!

"So this is the real Gere Dawson, I should have known! A womanizer! I am such a fool to have fallen for his charm!" Her hurt changed to anger. She turned and went back to the edge of the crowd trying to hold back her tears.

That was when Gere spied her. He quickly excused himself and tried to catch up with her. 'She didn't see me," he reasoned as he hurried to catch up with her. He was glad to have the only woman in whom he was interested join him. He was smiling when she turned and angrily snapped her elbow from his grasp. She had tears in her eyes and was apparently angry for some reason.

"Well you had me fooled! Had a good laugh, too I expect." She tried to keep her anger in check. Gere stepped toward her and she retreated. "Why don't you go back to your bimbos!" She turned her back and tried to stride away, but Gere took her arm and guided her out of the ballroom to the service area behind where extra tables and chairs were stored.

"What's this about?" He asked, but he didn't release her arm for fear she would flee before he could find out what the hell was going on.

He waited for a few seconds while she struggled to free her arm. She was trying to decide whether to tell him what she thought of him or just stonewall him,

"Let go of me! ....I was looking forward to spending this evening with you, then I finally get things squared away and come looking for you and find you schmoozing with a bunch of 20 somethings with their big fake boobs spilling out of their hooker costumes and kissing all over you! and you were loving it! Were you lining up your next conquest?!"

"Wha..." Gere was caught by surprise and could hardly get his mind around why she was so furious.

"And I was starting to fa....! OoooH!" Joy shook in anger and in frustration made a growling sound then started again, "I thought we had something, you and I! But it appears you a just a womanizing, narcissistic, womanizing asshole, and I can tell you I want nothing to do with that! And nothing to do with YOU! Let me go, please!"

She was almost shouting when she stopped speaking. She struggled against his grip, glaring at him with tears in her eyes.

"You're jealous!" Gere smiled. He still held her wrist, keeping her from pulling away from him. He was surprised at her strong emotions, and he caught the redirection of the statement she made when she almost admitted falling for him.

"No, I'm just mad I fell for your line! Will you please let me go?"

Gere answered by pulling her toward him and she resisted. He took her wrist and with his arm, gently but firmly wrapped it behind her to the small of her back and pulled her into his body. She placed her free hand on his chest below his shoulder to hold him at bay.

"What are you doing?" She snarled.

"I think I'm going to kiss you!" Gere grinned.

"No, you're not, I don't want you to kiss me!" She struggled weakly against his grip on her, her hand moving to the front of his shoulder, and she pushed him, but he didn't budge.

"I think you do," his expression unchanged.

"I don't think I even LIKE you!" Joy objected, her struggles of no avail.

"Yes, you do, as a matter of fact, I think you like me quite a lot!" Gere pulled her closer, putting his other hand behind her head and positioned their faces inches apart.

"No, I don't, I don't like you even a lit..." That was all she got out before Gere pressed his lips to hers.... hard! She struggled and managed to pull her face away from his. She struggled some more both hoping and dreading that he would release her. He held her without any sign of releasing her and smiled a smug smile. She gave up her fight and looked at his mouth. The impression of his lips lingering on hers.

"Was that the so called kiss you threatened?" Joy frowned but looked at his lips as she licked her own.

"Yes." Gere said.

"Is that the best you have?" She said a little softer teasing him a little.

"I can do better with a willing partner."

"Are you going to try again?" She whispered and stopped struggling.

"Are you going to cooperate this time?"

"Maybe, if it happens before I change my mind."

"Is right now soon enough?"

"Right now would do Gere answered by planting his lips squarely on hers. She abandoned her show of resistance and melted into his body, Her free arm slipped around his neck and pressed her lips into his. The kiss intensified as Gere released her other wrist allowing her to slip her arm around his back and holding him as hard as she could, grinding her breasts into his.

She parted her lips and let her tongue flick across his lips. He opened his mouth to her and their tongues danced together once again. She sighed into his mouth as the hard knot in his pants pressed into her navel. She stood on her toes and ground her pelvis into him.

Up until this point he had never touched her, save on her arms and back but now his hands dropped and cupped her tight little butt. With a palm on each cheek her lifted her off her feet, pressing their groins together, while she wrapped her legs about his waist.

They finally let their lips slide from each other's mouth and without separating rubbed their faces together and whispered in each other's ears.

"I'm still so angry at you, it hurt me when I saw you kissing on those blond bimbos with their big boobs hanging out everywhere."

"I think THEY were kissing on me. I am certain you didn't see me kiss them, because I only want to kiss you."

"Why do you let them do that?"

"I don't know, I like flirting, but I've never taken any of them seriously. They could be one of my granddaughters."

Joy looked at him unconvinced, "Granddaughters?"

"Okay," he conceded, "I guess I kind of like it, it makes me feel attractive and desirable..,and young!"

"Will it be enough for you that I find you attractive, desirable and 'young'?"

"Oh God, Joy, I long for that more than anything!"

"I...I..." she wanted to tell him her heart, but she was afraid, it was only 4 days since they met!

1...34567...11