Second Chance At Love

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Honey," Emma broke in, "we love you both dearly and want what's best for both of you, regardless of how...how unusual the situation may be. The fact is, Jake and you are not blood relation, and though Jake has been and will always be our son, as much as if he had been born to us; we understand and accept that, however unorthodox this may be, there is nothing wrong with it, nothing we cannot deal with."

"Jake," Eli concluded, "we couldn't be prouder of you as our son, and we will be just as proud of you as our son-in-law. I know you will take good care of my baby girl..." he faltered, becoming a bit emotional.

"That I will; that I promise you...Boy, I could use another drink," I sighed, feeling shaken, but relieved.

"No, not just a drink, a toast...that is if you are serious about making an honest woman of my daughter?" Eli joked.

"Of course, Sir. I've already asked Jess to marry me and she has accepted."

"Well, hell, then we have a wedding to plan. Boy, this is going to be fun! Half the people we know are going to get their noses all out of joint over this, and the other half are probably going to take us off their Christmas lists."

He laughed and almost spilled his drink, "This is going to be a hoot!"

"Eli!" Emma said sharply, then started laughing, herself, "Can you imagine Pastor Denton? He'll go apoplectic, probably swallow his tongue!" she cackled. We all cracked up.

So, life has granted each of us a second chance at love.

We won't need another.

THE END