Second Chance? Ch. 03

Story Info
Romance rekindle?
936 words
4.06
3.2k
1

Part 3 of the 3 part series

Updated 06/10/2023
Created 06/25/2014
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
elphaba69
elphaba69
24 Followers

It had been years since I had seen him but it felt as if it was only yesterday. The moment that we kissed for the first time it all came flooding back. Why had I waited so long to reach out I thought to myself as I pulled back into the parking lot of my apartment complex.

The moment that I entered my apartment I heard my cell phone ring. It was Denise. "How did it go?" she asked.

"It felt like not a moment had passed."

"Does that mean you two just started fighting like crazy like the last time you were together?"

"On the contrary, neither one of us could remember why we had fought in the first place." I felt like I was floating on a cloud as I said these words but Denise quickly brought me back down to Earth.

" Do not let him sweet talk you into forgetting what happened the last time the two of you were a couple. I just do not want to see you heartbroken once again."

I did not want to be reminded of the way that Roberto and my relationship had ended all those years ago. " Who knows maybe it was just not the right time," I said.

"Maybe it wasn't but I am just asking you to be careful. Don't get swept away the way you always do," Denise said.

I said, "Ok." Even as the words exited my mouth I knew it was way too late. Roberto had this way about him that made me fall almost instanteously.

"So when are you going to see him again? I am assuming after what you said that the two of you are planning on seeing each other again," Denise said.

"We are meeting on Wednesday for dinner."

"Enjoy yourself but please I beg of you to be cautious."

"Denise, it is dinner. It is not like I am going to sleep with him."

"With the two of you involved God only knows what will happen," Denise said. I could imagine her rolling her eyes.

I hated to admit that she was right but the physical attraction between Roberto and I was off the charts. It would not take much for us to strip each other's clothes off and start fucking like rabbits. Denise had every right to be nervous about that occurring. It had never been the chemistry that had been an issue between the two of us. What had been the issue was the jealousy and both of our tendency to have a very short temper. It was that jealousy that had caused our final blow up and resulted in my walking away from my high school sweetheart with whom I swore that I was going to spend the rest of my life. Now I had a second chance to keep both my jealously and my temper in check. If I could do that maybe then we could survive. Of course, it did not all depend on me. If Roberto could not understand that just because I looked in the direction of another guy it did not mean that I wanted to sleep with him then our relationship would crash and burn once again. If somehow miracleously we both had grown up then our relationship had a fighting chance.

" Are you still there?" Denise asked.

"Yeah, sorry I was daydreaming for a moment there," I replied.

"That was what I was afraid of," Denise said. She knew exactly how I could get when it came to Roberto. Denise and I had been friends for as long as I could remember. She had seen me through every moment of the roller coaster that had been my relationship with Roberto. "I know you are excited to rekindle your relationship but once again I beg of you to take it slow."

I knew that Denise just wanted the best for me but I could not help but just roll my own eyes. "You can be such a buzz kill sometimes."

" I am not looking to kill your buzz. I just do not want to see my best friend hurting the way you for months after you and Roberto ended the last time."

Once again I knew that Denise was right. The last time he and I had called it quits I practically did not leave the house for almost two months. It had been Denise that finally dragged my ass out of the house practically kicking and screaming. I will never forget what she had said to me. She told me that I could spend the rest of my life living in the past. Now I was running right back there. Was this a mistake that I would regret in the end? I would not know unless I try. Maybe it was a mistake or maybe it had just been a matter of bad timing the first time around. "I promise you I will take my time and take what you have said to heart."

"That is all I ask. I have to run. Keep me posted."

"I will," I promised. As I hung up with Denise, I saw that I had text message. It was from Roberto.

"I just wanted to tell you that I had a great time. I am glad we had a chance to catch up. "

I quickly shot him a message back. "I had a blast. I look forward to seeing you again on Wednesday." After I sent him that message I realized it was almost two in the morning and decided I should head to bed.

elphaba69
elphaba69
24 Followers