All Comments on 'Second Chances'

by Kiki_Goodman

Sort by:
  • 60 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

Interesting take on "loving wives".

Kept my attention throughout, shame that Mary died, but I suppose the story demanded a little pathos as well.

Could perhaps have had a little more of the "naughty" side of Mary and more of Gabriella who sort of flitted in and out of the story; for example did Mark father her two boys?

Anyway, it is your story and I enjoyed -hence the 5*****.

YouamiYouamiover 3 years ago

Hat that Mary had to be killed off. However it made a pleasant change to read a truly "feel good" erotic story that made a stark contrast to all the cheating spouse/divorce battle dross that makes for the majority of submissions thank you

WargamerWargamerover 3 years ago

I read this with a bit of trepidation, but ended up liking it a lot. An real lot.

Scores a well deserved 5/5

ReedRichardsReedRichardsover 3 years ago
I’m wondering how this would score . . .

. . . if instead of Mark, Mary and Rebecca it had been Mark, Mike and Rebecca? 🤣

I wish you hadn’t killed off Mary, but the story needed to move on, I suppose. I expected Gabby to be included, and was surprised when that didn’t happen until Mary died.

Would I want two wives? A threesome has never been a big part of my fantasies, and “throuples” have a way of not lasting. In the long history of polygamy, in most cases the husband would screw each wife individually rather than in group scenes, at least as far as we know.

Just remember: a king size bed is as wide as two twins, not two doubles, and three adults trying to actually sleep in one king would eventually seem crowded.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Predictable.

Hadn't even finished the first page and knew what was going to happen. Decently written, though.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Loving. Wives

A story of true loving wives who had a real loving for their family and the man in their lives. They made it happen for all in the families,

with an agreement to always discuss their desires with no cheating. A nice feel good story.

ShadowRosieShadowRosieover 3 years ago

Not my cuppa. This sister wife take my husband let's all marry thing is way too stupid and goes way too far for me.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
The content, I like

But this really could have been slimmed down and tightened up. I really don’t like the treatment you gave of Mary’s death. The opening paragraphs were a bit confusing and jumbled. Poly isn’t this easy, It’s rare and hard, and while this is a fantasy piece, poly life is grind-it-out not slippery smooth sailing.

I appreciate that you tackled it especially in this category which in the present is non forgiving. I don’t appreciate that you provided ample ammunition for this to get shot up.

~Enkidu

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Go Back

Stick with what you know. You don't belong in LW

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
let's be real here

becks didn't get ghosted cuz, 'am i ugly?' it's cuz she had a few kids already and had her tubes tied. you think a man wants to marry a woman, and raise her various kids, and have none of his own? i understand the author had to make steven very unlikable, because the author made a very shallow female protagonist. she was very dense and unlikable to begin with. her only redeeming quality was leaving her husband with open and honest communication, and not through lies and disrespect.

truth is most men want to have their own kids too. they aren't that foreign from women in that regard. it's why marriage has higher stakes for women though. the more kids you have from different fathers, the harder it is to create a future family with a new man. and it's hard for a man too, but it's not physically taxing like it is for a woman. steven was a POS for his toxic behavoir towards becky, but becky is ultimately a lost cause. a good man, that already has kids, and is divorced for all the right reasons, and is compatible with becky, and isn't looking to have more kids....is pretty rare.

ViscontiViscontiover 3 years ago
Family

Such a beautiful story of love and family. Life can be hard but if you have a family bond with love its the glue of life that holds us together.

vickitvohiovickitvohioover 3 years ago

moral of the story: Throuples don't work. lol ;0)

whateverittakeswhateverittakesover 3 years ago

What a great story. I was shocked at Mary's demise - it seemed too short and cold for someone who was so integral to their lives. I wish you could have found a better way to have Gabriella join the group.

ReedRichardsReedRichardsover 3 years ago
In my recent story, . . .

. . . I set a scene based on my own experiences, a guy at a table with two women, both of whom he’s screwed. It’s an interesting rush.

But there’s the other side, too: how do the women feel when they’re at a table with a guy they’ve screwed and another woman she knows he’s fucked. Can’t imagine that would be particularly easy.

Wives don’t usually like ex wives, and it isn’t because the ex mistreated the husband. It’s because the bitch fucked her husband.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

RR, which recent story? I found Cathy’s Choice, which has a woman considering her college lover and her husband, but I couldn’t identify from the descriptions which had a man with two former lovers.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Wow

You did it this time around!

Wonderful. A fairy tale...

Vanity was left in the shadows, or was it out of sight?

Awesome, great fantasy.

KingBandorKingBandorover 3 years ago

I liked the Prologue but as soon as Chapter 1 started, I began to dislike the story and where it was going. There was no hint in the prologue at BDSM or submissive stuff. I don't really see how this is a LW story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Entertainment and Fairy Tale, a good story

Shocked, i have read three stories this week on LW that were not weak cuck or marry/cheat/revenge BTB or marry/cheat/revenge/RAAC.

Who knew such creativity existed!

The chances of the current wife and (depressed/emotional-now recovered

?) ex wife becoming BFF's the new wife, then intimate the sharing hubby ? About 1/1M ?

In this case, Mark seems to collect women who become sister wives, with high sex drives. The story is Adult Video Awards meets Lifetime, but the pace was good and the characters fleshed out enough that it all makes a good fantasy. Much, much better read that most of the stuff on her with wimpy men.

Thank You.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
GREAT STORY

I thought you wrote a great story. Please continue writing I would enjoy reading Moore of your writing

Dittybopper6989Dittybopper6989over 3 years ago
What was this?

I agree it really wasn't a loving wife story. Mary was doomed from the start, once she setup Rebekah in a permanent threesome she was a goner. Not sure if there was a plot for this story. A lot of writing for so little.

jlcnazjlcnazover 3 years ago

What an awesome story. Thank you

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Polyamory is preferable to cuckold stories.

Both types of stories are juvenile and ridiculously contrived, but I suppose they scratch somebody's itch. It is far preferable to have people slobbering all over each other with love and lust, then having some wimp sit in a corner and masturbate while watching his wife fuck a man, for a change. Humiliation as a form of sexual arousal is sick.

It did seem one sided. Why didn't either of these hot over-sexed women bring another man into the group? Its all love and sharing and more is merrier, isn't it? I also thought is was unfair that the women had to get plastic surgery to stay desirable and worthy. Guess this story agrees, men age like wine, but women age like cheese. Sometimes the cheese needs to have the mold scraped off and be repackaged.

Thanks for the effort.

26thNC26thNCover 3 years ago
RR

I didn't care for the story with the two women, and would have liked it even less with two men. Monogamy is the only way in a marriage.

timrivtimrivover 3 years ago

Steven dropped Rebekah ‘cuse she had her tubes tied. Doesn’t hold water, she could easily have reversed for from 5-8 thousand or have eggs harvested and fertilized in a lab then re implanted. From there on the story failed for me anyway.

BigGuy33BigGuy33over 3 years ago

You lost a star...

...for killing Mary.

payenbrantpayenbrantover 3 years ago
I give it a 4 for well written....

....but I have to say it seems to be more of a group sex story? Does not seem to be much in the way of cheating spouses. Other than that a fun luttle romp.

SlithyToveSlithyToveover 3 years ago
Interesting take

This was definitely a bit different for this section, but it fits, and for the most part it was nicely done. It veered a bit toward the cloyingly schmaltzy at points -- I'd suggest you stop using "lovingly" as an adverb and instead let your readers do a little work -- and some conflict and small character flaws here or there other than Rebekah's insecurity would have been nice, but it's also nice to have a non-angst story in LW for a change.

WhackdoodleWhackdoodleover 3 years ago
Having a child after 37 increases the risk for Downs Syndrome

And her boyfriend wanted a child when she would be 40? Not to mention how exhausting that would be. No thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

Reed, you know exactly what it would score. It would be akin to a dumpster fire, at first anyway. It would creep up after the whiners got it out of their system.

I can't disagree with your assessment about threesomes and thrupples. I have had the former and its always awkward because someone always receives less attention. You start to feel bad for them or yourself if its you. You try to make an effort to include them more but it feels like a chore and they know it which makes it even worse. Threesomes can be relationship killers. They sound way better than the reality imho.

As for sitting at a table with previous lovers lol. I think it depends on the dynamics, history and most importantly how open and honest you are with your partner (I don't mean sexually). I know that I have met women my husband has slept with before we met. We were 30 and 31. My first husband is long gone and hopefully never to be seen again but my oldest and closest friend was my partner for about a year. She had been around several times a year and yes, he was uncomfortable for a while. Knowing your wife is bisexual is one thing, being around a woman she once lived with? it was challenging but we got through it. He really didn't have a choice in the matter to be honest. I owe her a lot, even after we ended. Our relationship is long over but I will always love the tramp.

pepepilotpepepilotover 3 years ago

As some have suggested, I did not see this as an LW story. But, that is all I have to complain about. I knew some people like this years ago, and they made it work. It was really as if this story was written about them, but without one of them passing prematurely. I think that some write their comments as if they can't see this situation in their lives, but it doesn't mean it can't happen between the right people.l 5*. Thank you!

Freddog6601Freddog6601over 3 years ago
Not Really A LW But A Nice story

Other than the first few introduction paragraphs being a bit clunky, this was a good read with one glaring exception. You didn’t need to kill Mary.

Demosthenes384bcDemosthenes384bcover 3 years ago

Not sure where some think LW category is only for cheating? Really well written tale, although "we know" how a relationship situation like this ends in reality. Putting reality aside, I did not see the traffic death coming, so kudos for that, as I expected a Covid death. Cute ending tying Gabby into the Mary - Becks full circle. 5*

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Very nice, I will have to watch for more.

I really enjoyed this story and I wanted to give it a 5* rating but I had to drop it down because of Mary's death. Having lost my mother when I was 12 it brought back memories that I keep in the dark corners of my mind. I think it could have been broken into different chapters as it entered different stages and Gabby getting married could have been explained in one of them. It just was a big jump that seemed to make a hole in the story I will tell you I rated it at 4.5* by giving it 5 on my phone and 4 on my computer. I tell you this so you don't get discouraged. Of course this is Just One Mans Opinion.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Well written story and enjoyed it

4.5 stars, take the married aspect out of it and make them committed to each other without the vows to one and it works. Marriage for the kids sake is not needed in this kind of family. It is easy to change your last names and make vows to each other. Also if it ever came out about your family dynamic it would take the sordid issue of cheating.....yes I know it’s not to them...... but it would leave the narrow minded with no ammunition other than their own personal bias. And if the family is happy and healthy then, who gives a fuck what someone else thinks.

If everyone would live their lives and not judge just because it isn’t your cup of tea the world would be a better place.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Yech

Life styles of the rich, and privileged.

DirtySingleMomDirtySingleMomover 3 years ago

Cute story it's nice to read one where the two don't try to destroy each other. Divorce sucks period. If you have kids they're the real victims not to so-called adults intent on destroying each other. 5 stars I liked it a lot but as others have said I'm not sure it should be in this category. Nevertheless thank you for a well-written and entertaining story.

secretsalsecretsalover 3 years ago

Eh, Mary's crash is a little too convenient.

Otherwise, pretty good read.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
The fatal car crash is a cheap plot trick

In general, this was a good story. The quality of the work is dramatically lowered, however, by Mary's sudden and convenient death in a random auto accident. It is so fortunate she verified, on the very day of her death, that Rebekah would care for Mark and the children in Mary's absence.

It is remarkable how quickly good writing can turn maudlin.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Nicely done

Your story did a good job developing characters and creating an aura of sensitivity and mutual respect. No over the top and unrealistic orgies. Bravo!

muskyboymuskyboyover 3 years ago

"Polyamory is preferable to cuckold stories." That said, you shouldn't have killed off Mary. Awesome story otherwise Really felt the emotions of the characters. Very well written. I am looking for more LW stories from you. Thanks for this.

WhoGivesAShitWhoGivesAShitover 3 years ago

Good story... bot it took him 10 years to remarry Becks? I agree with musky boy that Mary didn’t have to die. It’d be a different ending, but 10 years’ bonding time and remarrying weren’t key. The commitments between Mark and Becks was always strong.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago
Thanks for the story.

Don’t pay attention to the naysayers unless they suggest meaningful and useful tips. This site needs more of the female perspective.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Very nice story. There were a few typos, but nothing serious. If you don't have an editor, one way you can check your work is to read it backwards. Gave you a 5 for all the love. Interesting the way you took Mary out. Couldn't have them grow with her there I suppose.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

I'll go a quarter mile in 10 seconds for family.

-Bus Petrol

Helen1899Helen1899over 2 years ago

Much better than all the cheating stories, one of true love. Did she really have to die? I don't think so, but it was so well written I gave it 5*

MigbirdMigbirdabout 2 years ago

Interesting flawed storyline with reasonably well developed characters. Flawed in sense that flow of story broke down with Mary’s death — you treated that consequential piece as a near afterthought. She disappears. No judgement, simply commenting on your storyline. You write better than this piece.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Nicely written! A refreshing change from all the typical BTB and RAAC plots found in LW category stories. Please continue writing as you are quite talented and I am sure there are many who would be very glad to read more from your pen. As for the car accident being too convenient I can only point to the old cliche "accidents do happen" so why not in Lit. world? Would the grousers have been happier if the plot required Mary to die a lingering death from incurable cancer? Just as convenient but then the complaint would be "too gruesome". 5 stars

MikeOrMikeyMikeOrMikeyabout 2 years ago

What a great story. Thank you so much for sharing.

MikeOrMikeyMikeOrMikeyabout 2 years ago

I also wanted to add - I love the Emily angle. I know who you are referring to and she is AMAZING!

6King6Kingabout 2 years ago

WOW❗⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

rbloch66rbloch66almost 2 years ago

Unless I’m missing something, there’s not much description of what happened with Gabby, throughout. Confusing. I’m missing something with Emily as well.

AardieAardieover 1 year ago

I don't understand why Rebekah dumped Mark in the first place. I'm surprised they stayed close after that rejection.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Instead of appreciating and honoring the unique attractiveness of each woman, to often some societal/cultural standard get set up. Then women who do not meet that standard have to deal with a lot of negatives and often have low self-esteem. Beauty and sexiness are given to much emphasis.

So little total time is spent in an average life in sexual activity, that the emphasis should on being a full companion is every phase of life. Already in the beginning of the story my heart felt ripped open for Rebekah. I wondered how much of her misery lay in a lack of good counseling at critical phases of her life.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Loved the story, but it needs to go on with a new chapter with Becks and Gabby in his life. Maybe a new set of kids for the three of them to love on.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Really, two fucked up triangles instead of one......typical white trailer park trash

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

Started interesting. Sex scenes were good. The lock down threesome fantasy was interesting. The way they had their joined families was creative. But why did Mary have to die? She just disappears... and then Gabriellla? Huh? Kudos to Rebekah keeping her promise to Mary but why remarry or at least why eait 10 years to remarry? The rationale for Rebekah wanting a divorce because post natal depression was barely touched.

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

Why 10 years to remarry? Guess Gabriella moved on with a new life.being younger?

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Rebekah chose to divorce Mark because she was "depressed" after the birth of their second child. That is a ridiculous justification for ending a marriage and ripping apart a family raising young children. It reeks of narcissism and selfishness. She then went on to marry two losers, dragging Mark's children through more instability. She even had another child that the bio dad promptly deserted. Why would Mark have had any ongoing sexual attraction to her? Only a man with the psychological needs and aelf esteem of a voluntary cuckold would respond to that history with sexual attraction. In truth, their relationship is far better understood through the dynamics of cuckoldry rather than polyamory. If Mark walks like a cuck and quacks like a cuck...

AnonymousAnonymous2 months ago

Ugh. Nothing else to say.

AnonymousAnonymous22 days ago

Why exactly was her boyfriend a loser? He wanted his own children, and she didn't. That's a perfectly valid reason to leave someone. She could have had her procedure reversed. She already had kids, and he didn't. He wanted to be a father and her the mother. That's not loser territory. It's perfectly normal. She can be upset, but I'm not gonna pretend that he's a loser for wantig something as important as parenthood.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userKiki_Goodman@Kiki_Goodman
Just a simple woman with a curious side. I like to explore all different types of topics and see where that takes me. I try to have an open mind about all things but that doesn't mean I'm into everything! ;-) I thought I would give Literotica a go and try to get back in the...

SIMILAR Stories