Second Chances

Story Info
How far do you go for family?
20.6k words
4.48
95.6k
101
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Author Note: With everything going on in the world at the moment, I wanted to write something a little less serious. I hope that comes through and you enjoy it. Thank you for taking the time to read my story, I really do appreciate it.

Prologue

It was a typical Sunday like any other. Mary Jacobs was grabbing the last of the towels for the pool when the doorbell rang. Not yet ready for the pool, and still dressed in her shorts and shirt, Mary stood five feet eight inches tall and had wavy brown hair that was pulled back into a messy ponytail. At thirty-nine years old, she was still proud of her figure after two children, having only a bit of weight left to lose, while her husband was still the handsome hunk he always was, lucky to have a full head of brown hair.

Her husband Mark, walked to get the door while their children, David who was eleven and Abigail who was nine rushed out to the pool. At forty-one years old, he still looked to be in his thirties and while he wasn't ripped, kept in shape with Mary, hitting their home gym daily to keep the middle-aged weight at bay. He towered over most people at six feet five inches tall, and while he seemed gigantic, his cool and calm demeanour won him lots of praise with everyone that knew him. He could be firm but fair and didn't take kindly to bad attitudes.

Upon opening the door, she smiled when he saw her, his ex-wife Rebekah Peterson and the three children. Rebekah was still the blonde girl-next-door that he knew from college. She looked tired, sure, but who wouldn't with three children. Her thick wavy hair was tussled around her pleasant face and hung over her shoulders. She was taller than Mary, at five feet ten inches, and had a bigger ass and thighs but was not quite as busty, even though she looked fabulous in anything she wore.

"Hey!" Mark said holding his arms out to hug all the children as they steamrolled into the house. Caleb who was fifteen, Stella who was thirteen and Michaela who was eight years old, gave him a hug and a kiss before rushing out to the pool where the other two were already horsing around. "Hey Becks, good to see you."

He pulled her in for a hug and the usual greeting kiss but noticed something was off when she held him that little bit longer.

"Hi Mark," Rebekah said softly. He felt her grip tighten and after a few moments longer she let him go and stood close to him, her hands still on his sides.

"Everything okay?" Mark asked seeing something was off. He could see it in her eyes and for what it was worth always could tell when looking in her eyes. With Mary it was her body language that told him the story.

"Ah, yeah, yeah," Rebekah replied gripping his waist that little bit tighter before letting go.

"Steven not coming today?" Mark asked closing the door and walking her inside.

"Nope."

Before any more could be said, Mary came rushing in with her arms out wide and scooped Rebekah up into a big hug. It was the same no matter where they were and was most definitely not a put on. While it was not the standard convention, these two women got on like a house on fire.

Mark and Mary, along with Rebekah were the best of friends. To some it was a complicated relationship, but Mark and Rebekah had once been married and had two children together. Because of Rebekah's post-natal depression after their second child, Stella, it was her that decided it was best for them not to be together anymore. There was no cheating or scandal, just an agreement that Mark didn't like but accepted. They stayed close to raise their kids and once Mark met Mary, they continued to build on their family. Rebekah moved on with another guy, Sam, and had another child, Michaela before divorcing and marrying a third time to Steven. Sam left before Michaela was born and Mark stepped up to be there when she needed someone the most. It never was quite the same as when she was married to Mark and her second husband wanted nothing to do with her, leaving Michaela without her real father.

Mark and Mary had two children of their own and over the years had combined the families so that they could all be close and have the kids grow up together.

Mark looked at Mary and gave her a look, to which Mary nodded before he left to go and hang out with the children.

"Come on, come talk to me while I get changed," Mary said dragging Rebekah to the master bedroom.

"I didn't feel like swimming today," Rebekah said as they entered the large room.

"Ah, that's why you're not dressed. No matter, you can borrow one of mine," Mary said rummaging through one of her drawers and pulling out a black one-piece swimsuit for Rebekah. She handed it to her and then pulled out a blue one for herself.

"Mary?"

"Becks... just put it on. So, no Steven today?" Mary asked stripping off down to her underwear. She was about to slip her bra off when she stopped and looked at Rebekah who was standing there trembling while holding the swimsuit. "Becks?"

In an instant the blonde broke down in tears and immediately Mary was holding her tight as she sobbed. Once she had calmed down enough, she pulled back and looked at Mary.

"He left me Mary. He's not coming back, found some younger woman," Rebekah said trying to wipe the numerous tears away. It was clear now what was going on, and Mary wasn't at all surprised given his attitude over the last six months.

"I'm sorry Becks... I'm so sorry," Mary said rubbing Rebekah's back to comfort her.

"It's okay. I guess it was coming. We started to grow apart, he was away a lot. He wanted a kid, I didn't... it's not like he didn't know that going in, you know, he knew I had my tubes tied... he was okay with it for a few years, but lately... I just," Rebekah said but took a deep breath and let out a big sigh. "I don't know. I guess I'm not that appealing anymore."

"Don't say that. Of course you are," Mary said proudly, while knowing Rebekah's self-esteem had taken a hit. "If he can't see how wonderful you are then he doesn't deserve you."

"I'm done with men. No more," Rebekah said trying to compose herself. "I've already decided that I'll wait until after the kids have left home before I even consider dating again."

"Really?" Mary asked holding her close.

"Yeah. I just keeping choosing the wrong ones. I can't keep doing that to the kids," Rebekah replied finally calmed down enough. "Shit, what is Mark going to say?"

"Mark will ask where he is to go and kick his ass," Mary said causing Rebekah to laugh. Mary joined in. "Then he is going to make sure you are okay. Probably tell me to keep you here tonight. Stay with us."

"Yeah?" Rebekah asked almost hopeful so she wouldn't have to be alone like she had been all week. "You don't think he'd get mad at me?"

"Becks... he loves you, always has. Me too," Mary replied proudly. "I think you and I will call in sick tomorrow, what do you say? Then we can hang out and have some fun."

"I'd like that," Rebekah said softly with a smile at Mary. She was still amazed and how lucky she got with Mary. It was something she had heard time and again how new partners never got along, but Mary was different and she couldn't have been happier. Rebekah had lost a lot of friends through her depression but just as she came out of it, Mary came into both of their lives and things took a turn of the better. Mark was a big part of that too.

"Now, I think we should hit the pool... what do you say?" Mary asked lovingly.

"I should probably wait and not go out looking a mess," Rebekah said still wiping her eyes. She knew her eyes would be red and puffy, and wanted to put on a strong front for the kids.

"Well then, let's get changed and keep chatting while we sort you out," Mary said handing the black swimsuit back to Rebekah and smiling. Rebekah took it and smiled as they began to get changed.

"Thanks," Rebekah said doing her best to get rid of the teary look and feeling. "Mary, can I ask you something?"

"Sure, anything," Mary said slipping off the last vestiges of her clothes and pulling on the swimwear.

"Do you ever worry you're not enough? I mean, in the looks department?" Rebekah asked stripping off as Mary adjusted the lovely blue swimwear.

"I think we all have our days, why?" Mary replied sitting on the bed and waiting for Rebekah as she pulled on the swimwear.

"Oh, I just wonder if men find me attractive anymore. I mean, that's probably why Steven left. I try to keep fit, but my body isn't the same... it's like everything has gone to my ass and thighs. And breastfeeding... don't get me started on that!"

The two women laughed knowing exactly what Rebekah meant with that statement and Mary could sympathize. After all, there wasn't many people in the world that didn't feel self-conscious at some time or other.

"Becks we all have changes to our bodies, and as you know, Mark and I try to keep active. It's not just for looks, we try to do it for peace of mind as well. Working our bodies out also works out minds out... you know?" Mary said more as a statement than a question. "You just have to keep active because it gets harder as we age. But we can still do it."

There was an acknowledging nod from Rebekah.

"True. I try to stay in shape, but it's hard... I've never had a gorgeous face, just plain. You know, I'm not pretty like I was, my boobs sag, my belly isn't quite flat, and," Rebekah said but stopped when Mary put her hand up.

"You're gorgeous Rebekah. You always have been," Mary said with a smile. Both women weren't magazine cover models but they weren't lepers either. "My boobs weren't right after the kids either. So, I got them done. You can too, and don't get me started on my belly."

"You got your boobs done?" Rebekah asked curiously while glancing down at Mary's large chest every so often. She had often wondered how Mary was so gravity defyingly busty all the time, but never had the courage to ask. After all, she was married to her ex-husband.

"Yep, best money I ever spent. Got labiaplasty too," Mary replied as though it was common knowledge.

"Wow," Rebekah said in surprise. Then she came around, realising she couldn't afford it anyway. "But what would people say?"

"What do you mean?" Mary asked curiously before realising what she meant. "Who cares what they say. Why does it matter?"

"Well, I mean... I kind of like the big porn star style... you know, big and round... they are so hot and sexy," Rebekah said in a moment of excitement, but then the worry set back in. "People would think I'm a slut or something. You know."

"Can you keep a secret?" Mary asked taking hold of Rebekah's hand as the blonde nodded.

"Of course, you're my best friend," Rebekah replied smiling warmly.

"And you're mine," Mary said giving her a knowing look. "Now, I've always had a thing for the... porn star look. You know, like you said, big round breasts, full lips, round ass and waxed bodies... it's just what I like, but no one except Mark and well, now you, know that."

Though she didn't mention it, Mary was sure Rebekah understood that looking sexy for Mark was a source of pleasure for her.

"Wow, and it doesn't bother you what other people say? Do they look at you funny?" Rebekah asked intrigued by it all. She too liked porn stars but hadn't ever really admitted it. "I've always been worried having big boobs would make them think I'm a slut..."

Mary smiled and knew exactly what she meant. The thought had initially crossed her mind but now, Mary never worried about it.

"So? They don't have to see them. I don't dress to show off my body... and I know you don't either. Your boobs can be just for you, just like anything else you want to do," Mary said confidently. "I don't wear skin tight clothing, but instead classy tops and what not. Keep them guessing. Anyway, it's their problem if they get jealous. Be proud I say." That seemed to perk Rebekah up, but then she came back down again.

She let out a sigh. "I can't afford it anyway. So, it doesn't matter."

"Mark and I will pay. Why not," Mary said as a matter of fact. It didn't seem like it was a big deal to Mary, but it was to Rebekah.

"I can't ask you to do that," Rebekah said trying to play it down. "I mean..."

"You're our best friend. We love you dearly, why can't we help you out?" Mary asked taking hold of Rebekah's hand.

"But... But," Rebekah replied starting to tear up. "It's my problem, not yours."

"Rebekah, babe, you're our family. We share the problems, okay. I know Mark would have no problem with it," Mary said pulling her best friend close and hugging her for a moment. "Now, we'll book you in tomorrow."

Rebekah smiled and hugged the beaming Mary again. She loved being with her best friend and her ex-husband, it was truly something people wouldn't understand.

"I don't know what I did to deserve you two," Rebekah said wiping away the tears.

"I do... and I'm married to him," Mary said causing Rebekah to smile and nod. "Everyone deserves a second chance." It was true, while Rebekah and Mark's relationship hadn't worked out, they were closer than ever now. It was all because Mark wasn't going to be like everyone else and go nuclear. He had determined they would make it work for their children and anybody else that came into their lives. He had given her a second chance and to this day, twelve years later she hadn't let him down.

Chapter 1

The last couple of months had been a blur. Rebekah and the children were spending most weekends at Mary and Mark's place, enjoying the warm weather and the pool. After all, it was a huge house with eight bedrooms on five acres of land situated half an hour from the city. It had a large swimming pool, paved entertainment area and then lots of grass in the backyard for running around in. They could house four cars in the garage and more in the driveway if they needed, with their closest neighbour half a click away up the paved road. The whole estate was made up of these huge 'lifestyle blocks' that were more like small farms. But no one was complaining with all the peace and quiet around them. Why not take advantage of all that?

"Are you sure about this?" Mark asked as Mary sat in his arms.

"I am my love," Mary replied kissing his cheek. "I picked up the restraints and latex stuff today, had my first session of permanent hair removal this week and booked in for some lip filler next week. It's already happening like we discussed."

"Okay then, whatever makes you happy babe," Mark said as the kissed softly.

"That's what I love about you. You let me be me," Mary said with a soft moan. "I can't wait to do some of this stuff. And I know you can't wait either."

Mark gave her a cheeky look causing her to smile and squirm in his lap. His hand found her thigh and slowly stroked her smooth skin.

"So then, how come I don't have your panties in my hand right this second?" Mark asked looking at his wife intently. She bit her bottom lip and touched her nose to his.

"Because Becks and the kids will be here soon so we don't have much time," Mary replied politely.

"I don't care. As you said, it's already happening," Mark said holding his hand out. Mary started to get worked up, looking at him with renewed passion before she finally reached under her skirt and pulled her panties down and off, placing them in his hand. "Good girl. I expect these to all be replaced with G-strings by next week."

A soft groan left Mary's lips before she kissed her husband. She had agreed to buying new lingerie, sexy items she would wear unless he wanted her to go commando. New stockings, garter belts, bras and skimpy G-strings. It was so she could feel hot and sexy while no one that wasn't clued in would have any idea of what she wore underneath her clothes.

"Yes sir," Mary said breathing heavily. Just the thought had her getting wet. "I'm going to be the best fuck slut for you ever."

"Yes, you are," Mark said kissing her again just as the doorbell rang. Mary pulled back and they smiled at each other before she got up and looked at her loving husband.

"Maybe I should go anal only... that would be so hot," Mary said with a cheeky little groan. She saw his smile and then headed for the front door. "Oh, and by the way, Gabby as well as William and Sophie will be coming for dinner," Mary said with a cheeky wink before disappearing down to the front of the house.

Gabriella Torres was Mark's thirty-two-year-old personal assistant. She was a Latino beauty that stood six feet tall and would look right at home on the catwalk. Gabriella had a body to die for, with wide square shoulder, slender waist and then rounded hips with everything in proportion. She was gorgeous which for Mark was his secret weapon at work. He could send her in to talk with certain parties while they were negotiating and the results were always excellent. It wasn't just her looks though, Gabriella as incredibly smart and a hard worker, making her invaluable to Mark and the company.

William Tanner was a colleague of Mary's and one of the partners in the law firm where she worked. He was in his early fifties, intelligent, ruthless when he needed to be, handsome down to his high-priced suits and married to a lovely woman, Sophie. They got on well, with Mary and Mark often going around to their house or hosting parties that involved the older couple. Sophie was particularly enamoured with Mark which only made their friendship easier. William was a tall, greying southern type of gentleman and Sophie was still the youthful, middle-aged, southern lass type, with curves to match her cheeky wit.

After their usual greetings, Rebekah hugged Mary tightly before Mark strolled in to greet her. She had just let go of Mary when she piped up.

"I got a call from Steven this week. Apparently, he got beat up," Rebekah said looking at Mary and then at Mark.

"I don't know anything about that. Was he hurt badly?" Mark asked before Rebekah hugged him tightly.

"A black eye and bruised groin," Rebekah replied looking up at Mark. She felt calm in his arms and didn't want to admit to him that she felt even safer with him now after this news. Steven had been an asshole through the divorce proceedings to date and had threatened her at times. Steven figured he was untouchable but this just proved the opposite.

"That's no good. Is he back at work though? All good?" Mark asked trying to suppress a smile.

Steven Peterson was a member of the manufacturer's union and quite high up in the branch that covered that part of the state. Mark had regular meetings with the union given the line of work his company was in and he was the one that introduced Steven to Rebekah at a picnic. A mistake that bothered him, even though Rebekah had already forgiven him for it. No one could have known what Steven's real attitude was like at the time and it took a few years for it to start to appear.

"As far as I know. It sounded painful though, he told me it was still hard to walk properly," Rebekah replied trying her best to stifle a laugh.

"Ah good, what?" Mark asked looking at Mary who was shaking her head. "You were the one that curb stomped his balls."

The three of them erupted into laughter.

"I did no such thing, I have an alibi," Mary replied walking off with her head held high. They continued to laugh and followed Mary outside. "Now where are my babies?"

"Mother Mary!" Michaela said running into Mary's arms and hugging her tightly. The other's followed and as soon as they all hugged and kissed, they were off playing again.

"You should go change and jump in the pool, water is lovely," Mark said looking at Rebekah who was standing next to him.

"No, it's okay. I'll sit this one out, I think," Rebekah said before Mary hooked her arm through Rebekah's and dragged her to the bedroom.

"Non sense, I've been waiting all week for you guys to come around," Mary said going straight to the drawers. "I'm not missing out on having some fun with you."