All Comments on 'Secrets of the Past'

by Cromagnonman

Sort by:
  • 11 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
Good story

Being an Aussie (well, a naturalised Pommie), I enjoy your stories.

Small point - a ten pound bet at ten to one yields one hundred pounds, not one thousand, although even that would have seemed a small fortune at that time.

BTW, how's Adelaide? Lived in SA for 37 years, now in Tasmania

bruce22bruce22over 13 years ago
Good Read

Yet another piece of fine writing from Cromagnonman. Thanks for keeping us

entertained.

victoriangentvictoriangentover 13 years ago
Excellent read

I enjoyed the story and very much enjoyed the way it was presented. Good writing style.

VG

DanielQSteele1DanielQSteele1over 13 years ago
Moving, unusual story

This was a moving story. We tend to think that our grandparents were born old and every generation thinks it invented sex. But people were seducing and being seduced, falling in love and falling into bed since time began. And even our sainted grannies, if we could pull the veil back, were real, sexual people once upon a time. This was well written, just an overall very good story. The only thing is, when the story is over, I can't help wondering what happened to the granddaughter who found the diary. Did she live and die alone or did she find someone. It's completely sideways to the real story, but I usually wind up wondering about stuff like that. Another good story from a good writer who usually hits the mark.

PassKeyPassKeyover 13 years ago
Sniff, Sniff,

Thank you so very much for writing this wonderful story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
Romance...NOT

OK, Dulcie cheats on here husband overseas, get pregnant by this guy (who is married), and this is considered a romance? The writing was OK but the storyline was horrible.

Harper2Harper2over 13 years ago
Time of war

Good story well written. Human weakness and strength playing their part in a time of war. You almost had to be there to understand. You brought this age alive for us.

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
Makes you think

This does make you think about how things happen. How many of us really do

have relatives over seas that we don't know about.

In general it is a good story and sad, also.

catman71catman71over 13 years ago
good story

to those who did not like it, guess you either do not know someone who had a husband in the service in those days or just are grouchy. remeber that even in 1941 being caputered by the japanese was considered a death sentence with the stories that had come out of chine in the 30's. as for the rest, humans are inperfect at best and things like that happened all the time, and the abortion was a commen cause of death for young woman of the WW 2 generation, just was not talked about much

Sid0604Sid0604over 9 years ago
Thank you...

I thoroughly enjoyed reading your story. Thank you for sharing.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

I don't find this a romance. More of a cheating wife who got away with it. As for the story, the diary did not read as a diary. Who writes stories to be read in a diary? It would be more notes and ideas and thoughts - not dialog like you are reading a play.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userCromagnonman@Cromagnonman
I'm a pretty normal average male, chronologically well over 18 but psychologically I'm not so sure. I have been writing as a hobby for many years and now that I have time on my hands I am looking to become more professional at it. I enjoy reading, morning walks along the river...