Seducing Zoe Pt. 02

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"I'll be five minutes in total," she murmured to herself.

She stood there and waited under the porch light for a few seconds and was just about to press the bell again when she heard footfalls on the other side of the door and then Lisa opened the door. Light spilled out onto the porch and Zoe opened her mouth to speak and then shut it again as she stared at Lisa.

The older woman was wearing a colourful, print blouse with a cream background covered for the most part in long-stemmed flowers. The top part of the bodice however was enclosed by a vee and within it there was a different pattern of tan and white diamonds forming an interlocked mesh, the blouse was open at the neck and the detachable tie dangling from her neck had the same pattern as the upper bodice. The blouse was tucked into elegant black trousers but it was the look in her eyes that held her attention. Lisa looked relaxed and almost radiant, as if she'd just won the lottery, she smiled and her eyes widened as she spoke.

"Zoe, I wondered who was ringing my bell so late at night."

"I," she pushed her glasses up her nose and clutched her laptop tighter, "if, if, you have, um time to look at something, I know it's late but I won't keep you up late."

"Of course, come in," Lisa opened the door, "I've got company at the moment," she went on, "my friend Stella dropped in for a coffee."

"Oh," she felt her heart skip a beat as she stepped over the threshold, "I'm sorry, I didn't know."

"It's fine, really."

Zoe moved past her and Lisa shut the door behind her. She couldn't see into the living room until she walked past the bookshelf but when she did she felt the butterflies rising in startled flight at the woman sitting in the corner of the L-shaped couch. She looked to be thirty something with long blonde hair and an attractive face. She was dressed in a white, satin blouse opened to her belly with a black tee shirt underneath, both were tucked into tight black jeans and her eyes were drawn to the large decorative buckle and studded belt.

So this was Stella.

"This is my new neighbour, Zoe and this is Stella," she introduced them.

"G'day," Zoe smiled nervously and glanced at one of the other sofas in the room.

"Do you want to speak to me alone or is it okay if Stella stays?"

"Um, it's okay and I'll only be five minutes," she sat down suddenly, "it's about my book."

"Oh," Lisa smiled, "Zoe is a part time writer and she's planning a lesbian romance."

"Ooh, I do like a good lesbian romance," Stella shifted in her seat, "tell us all about it."

"It's um," she looked at Lisa as the older woman sat down on the couch and for a moment she was flustered as she tried to gather her thoughts. If it was at all possible, Stella was even more beautiful than Lisa. It looked as if she was going to have to 'modify' her lesbian character's appearance, she looked past her and finally found her voice.

"It's um, it's about a woman, who is straight until she meets a gay woman but I'm having problems with her motivations," she looked at the floor again and focused on Stella's boots.

"Motivations," Stella raised her eyebrows, "for what?"

"For, you know, having sex," their eyes met and Zoe felt slightly heady and a little flushed.

"Lust always works," Lisa smirked, "but on a deeper level, needing to find a connection. We all need to find intimacy, especially women. Men look for sexual release but women find their release in intimacy," she glanced at Stella.

"Although some gay women can be predatory and become almost mannish in their search for sexual satisfaction, but in general we're looking for someone we feel safe with," she turned back to Lisa.

"So, what would induce my straight character to step over the line?" Zoe gripped her laptop tighter as she focused on the here and now.

Stella shifted again as she studied her and Zoe hesitantly met her gaze.

"Safety comes first," Lisa spoke up, "what would induce you to get take off your clothes in front of another person? Hypothetically speaking of course."

Zoe inhaled slowly as she looked at her.

Take off my clothes? She knew she was blushing but neither Lisa nor Stella seemed to notice it and she suddenly felt as if she was totally out of her depth in the presence of two beautiful women, two beautiful gay women she corrected herself.

"Close your eyes," Lisa suggested gently, "imagine you're in a place with someone you love and you can't be disturbed."

She closed her eyes and tried to focus and at first she latched onto Grant, followed by some boy she had known in school and then suddenly it was Lisa. Her heart fluttered and she hoped no one could hear her thumping heart because it sounded loud to her.

"Okay," she exhaled slowly.

"Now, this person wants to have sex, what would convince you to go through with it. Do you for example need to feel safe?"

"Um, yeah, safety. I'd need to feel safe. Like," she opened her eyes, "it's kind of like a man but with a man I'm always worried he's going to hurt me."

"A common fear with many women when they meet a guy," Stella inclined her head, "even if they don't intend to have sex, the first thing a woman thinks is, will this man rape or kill me? Men don't think that for the most part."

"Right," she looked at Stella, "of course."

"Tell me something," Stella leaned forward, "how many lesbians have you met? And don't worry about embarrassing either of us, we've seen and heard it all before. This is a conversation between three friends, the anonymous kind," her eyes softened and Zoe felt the tension evaporated so fast it was as if it had never been there.

"I've met a few at Tafe but we weren't you know, friends. They had their friends and I had mine, we'd say hello of course and I was respectful but," she glanced away, "Lisa is the first lesbian to be a friend."

"Uh huh," Stella glanced at her phone and then at Lisa, "what're you doing this Saturday arvo?"

"Me?" Lisa frowned, "well there is housework."

"You can do that in the morning or after the party."

"Party? What party?"

"The girls are throwing together an impromptu birthday party for Mei Lin," she glanced at Zoe, "Nicki and Mei Lin both live with me but they have their own partners, so there's going to be a few women at the party. Most of the women are gay but some are straight, and there will be a few guys. It's not exactly a dry turn, but there's going to be plenty of soft drinks, so most of them will piss off to go club hopping. It'd give you a chance to meet a few gay women and see how we are with each other. I'm hoping Linda and Caroline turn up too," she turned to Lisa, "they were talking about going down to Wilson's Prom but that's been put off until next month last I heard."

"I," she glanced at Lisa, who also leaned forward and looked down.

"Okay, I haven't met Nicki or Mei Lin yet but I'd drive us down there. It might help to answer your questions, because to be honest we could sit and talk all night about chemistry and the laws of mutual attraction and wind up going around in circles," she glanced at Zoe.

"But it's up to you of course."

"Yes," Zoe smiled, "okay, thank you."

"You're welcome," Stella grinned, "you'll love Mei Lin, she's a few years younger than you but she's got a sharp mind, and if it comes to your original question, my partner Evie might be able to offer up some insights."

"Oh, okay," Zoe nudged her glasses, "that would be great."

"No worries," Stella picked up her phone and leaned back, "I'll just add two extra guests to the list," she touched the screen.

Zoe chanced a glance at Lisa, who almost seemed bemused by this turn of events. Her eyes fell to her breasts and she felt a slight weakness followed by the familiar flush in her face. She shifted in her seat and clutched her laptop.

"I should go."

"Not staying for coffee?"

"Um, no thanks but thanks. I have to try and do some more work to this scene."

"Okay," Lisa locked her hands behind her head and arched her back. Her breasts pushed out against the blouse and Zoe rose slowly.

"Thank you," she glanced at Stella.

"Excuse me," Stella spoke to the person on the other end, "yeah, no worries, see you Saturday?"

Zoe nodded and moved closer to Lisa. The older woman rose and put a hand on her shoulder.

"I'll walk you out," she spoke.

Zoe caught the aroma of perfume as she stepped forward and then the hand fell from her back as Lisa saw her to the door. Zoe felt the coolness of the night air against her skin and turned towards her as the older woman joined her on the porch.

"Are you all right?"

"Yeah, I'm fine," she held the laptop against her breasts, "I've been working too hard on this book and it's taking a toll. I wasn't even going to come over tonight but I'm glad I did."

"So am I," she grinned, "and it's never too late to come over, you know that."

"Uh huh," she stared at Lisa's blouse, fighting the urge to reach out and touch the tie dangling from her neck. She'd done it before, so why was it so hard now?

"I've got to get back to Stella," Lisa reached out and squeezed her shoulder, "get some sleep, it will regenerate your batteries and hopefully this party will get those creative juices flowing," she let go of her shoulder.

"Thanks, bye," Zoe suddenly grabbed her upper arm, "nice blouse," and then with a parting smile she turned and went down the porch steps as she held the laptop closely against herself. She was well aware that Lisa was staring after her and she was tempted to turn around and let her know that she knew as well. What did Lisa really think of her? Did she like her or did she think she was just some naïve little girl trying desperately to fit in?

Nice blouse? Why did you say that? How old are you, sixteen? She felt the colour rising in her cheeks as that parting comment echoed in her mind.

Shit, shit, shit. What am I thinking? Focus, focus, focus.

She did turn around when she got to the other side of the street but by then Lisa had gone back inside, Zoe stood staring at the door and then the car outside, memorising the number plate and then she was hurrying down the drive to her bungalow.

"So, that was Zoe," Stella regarded her.

"Yeah, I wondered who the hell it was," Lisa fingered one of the ends of the tie, "she's normally more, assertive," she looked up, "I've never seen her look so nervous."

"Was it me or you?"

"She was like that at the door," she replied, "kind of flustered in a teenage girl way, but you're parked in the street so when I told her you were here too that probably didn't help."

"So, she's writing her first lesbian romance," Stella stared at the bookcase.

"Yeah, the first one was a Christian romance so obviously no sex and the second one, which I haven't started yet probably won't have sex either," she frowned.

"You don't think she's using me as research material?"

"Maybe, is that a good thing or a bad thing?"

"I'm in two minds about that one," she leaned back and stared at the top of the window.

"If it's just simple research then it's good because I feel like I need to take a few steps back and examine myself and perhaps if she's asking me questions about being gay it might help me resolve some issues. However, if she's putting out her flags then I'm in a bind because whilst I agree she's a lesbian's wet dream, where does that put me three months down the track?" Lisa frowned.

"I mean, just because she's ready, willing and able, should I take advantage or let it go through to the keeper? For fuck's sake, she's borrowed basic sex manuals and asks questions about sex," she glanced at her.

"Ouch," Stella winced, "what happens after she's finished the theory?" she rose and stretched.

"Right back at you," Lisa chuckled, "why did I say that?"

"Because a woman has needs, but you know the drill, keep it down to one day at a time, don't project into a future that might never happen. She obviously trusts you enough to ask those kinds of questions so go gently and try not to get hung up on three months time or three years time," she picked up her handbag.

"We're going to a dance class tomorrow night," Lisa also rose.

"The same one?"

"Yeah, it slipped out in conversation but she was the one who actually pushed me into signing up for this two for the price of one deal."

"Well, that's a good start, she'll be your dance partner?"

"That's how it works," she nodded, "up close and personal."

"Yeah, she definitely sounds like the curious type, I remember one woman years ago back when I was a practising alkie. She was straight as a die but when I started doing a few minor wardrobe adjustments the closeness and little intimate touches turned the tide," she moved towards the door, "it ended of course but the lesson to be learned is don't neglect the little things."

Wardrobe adjustments?

Lisa frowned as she got undressed that night. Why didn't I think of that?

***

The employment agency where Zoe worked was located in Ringwood and was a five minute walk to Eastland. It was just one of several private employment agencies to compete with Centrelink but they played a vital role in maintaining the burgeoning labour hire industry. Many of their clients had been locked into Centrelink's monolithic system that seemed to be like an albatross, condemned to fly in every decreasing circles until it swallowed its own arse. The agencies on the other hand were far more flexible and clients could register with two or three in case one of them couldn't supply enough work. Thus, it was imperative that agencies source businesses who required a steady flow of casual labourers for a variety of tasks. These jobs could range from a mere half a day to three months, after which they had the option of picking the best of their casual staff and transferring them to a company payroll.

Sourcing these businesses and vetting them for health and safety requirements was above Zoe's pay grade, her daily duties involved dealing with clients and resolving complaints. The latter task was sometimes passed further up the food chain to senior staff, namely three people who had been working together for so long that they'd become known as the three amigos.

One of those clients was sitting in front of her now. Charlie had been listed with the agency but there had been a string of infringements attached to her file because she hadn't turned up. After getting into a shouting match at one business, she'd stormed out and phoned the agency to complain before changing tack because she'd been dressed down and so she sacked herself. Now she was back some seven months later to reapply for further work.

Zoe peered at her sitting on the other side of the desk. The last time she'd seen her Charlie had looked a little more tense and irritated. Now she looked totally different, although she still had a mane of long red hair that fell halfway down the back. It was her overall demeanour however that was most noticeable. She looked serene, she smiled now and then, and more importantly, she freely admitted she'd made a stupid fucking mistake.

"I was out of control, totally. The woman at the other end of the phone was just doing her job, unlike me and I just went through her, and for that I totally apologise."

"So, what's brought about this change now?" Zoe ran her eyes over the crisp, white blouse tucked into black trousers, "I have to write something in your file," her eyes were drawn to the contrasting black buttons and then she indicated the sheaf of papers in front of her.

"I'm, um, I've had a serious drinking problem," her eyes shifted, "like serious and for years."

"Uh huh," Zoe lifted her pen, "and what have you done about it in the last few months, since we saw you last?"

"I've started going to AA," she replied, "Alcoholics Anonymous."

"I know what AA is," she smiled, "I've got a friend in the fellowship."

"Really? Who?"

"That's anonymous," she smiled crookedly, "and how's it helping?"

"Five and a half months without a drink," she ran a hand through her hair, "my first meeting was six months ago but I went away and drank for two weeks before realising that if I kept doing this I was going to kill myself. I'm not suicidal by the way, but drinking yourself to death is a form of slow suicide and it was going to take a long time to kill me."

"That's good, that you've stopped. So many just keep drinking and you're right, it can take years to drink yourself to death," she glanced out the window, "I grew up in the Salvation Army, so I have seen people at the end and it's a horrible drug to be enslaved to."

"So, you understand."

"I do understand," she glanced down at her file, "but I can't just put you on the books today," she flipped over a page, "but I'll pass this onto another colleague who can make the decision, and I'll add some more information as well," she glanced up at her.

"Unless you'd rather I not mention your alcoholism."

"That's okay," Charlie replied a moment later, "I know it's anonymous and there are reasons for that, good reasons I might add but this is real life and if getting back into some kind of regular routine means outing myself then so be it. I mean I outed myself as a lesbian years ago, so this is just me outing myself again. Tell them I'm in a twelve step program and trying to make amends for my fuckups."

Zoe's eyes flickered to the flash of colour hanging from her neck, a small almost unobtrusive rainbow pendant. Why hadn't she noticed that before?

"Well I won't use the last word," Zoe raised her eyes and smiled.

"Of course not," Charlie looked down at herself, "but I am trying to be a better person."

"When it comes to work," Zoe turned to her screen, "we can eliminate bar work."

"That would be a relief, I mean I'm sure I could handle it but not right now."

"Okay," she started typing, "let's make a few changes now, we'll discuss some options and then I'll pass this up the line with my recommendations. They might not agree with me and this would all be on a trial basis but you're not the first person to go through this, but you've got a good chance," she clicked the tab button.

Charlie smiled as Zoe started typing again.

***

Charlie picked up the packet of wood screws and weighed them tentatively as she stared at the price. Her Centrelink pittance would cover it but did she really need a packet of screws? She closed her eyes and thought about the possible uses, she could name at least three but none of them were urgent repairs. She opened her eyes and sighed.

"Maybe not," she muttered under her breath.

"Charlie?"

She turned around to the source of the voice behind her and found herself staring at Zoe standing with a metal basket dangling from her arm. She must have just finished work because she was still wearing the same clothes, a red satin pussybow blouse adorned with a pattern of golden chains, the blouse was tucked into dark grey, checked trousers that instinctively drew your eyes to her slim waist and well rounded hips.

"I thought it was you," Zoe smiled, "no one could miss that hair."

"It was longer," she glanced at the items in Zoe's basket, a metal mounting pad for a television and a packet of screws.

"What're you buying?" Zoe glanced at the single item in her basket, a rolled up welcome mat, "are the burglars that desperate in your neck of the woods?"

"Huh?" Charlie glanced down at the screws.

"I've never heard of anyone screwing a welcome mat to the floor."

"Oh," she smiled as the penny dropped, "good one, no, I'm um, just browsing. I've got things I need but I've got to limit my budget."

"Well if it's lack of money that's about to change but you won't hear anything about it until after Monday, maybe Tuesday but you didn't hear it from me though," she eyed the screws.

"Anonymous then?"