Seduction or Betrayal? Ch. 01

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

'And I guess I'll find a rom com on Netflix. Make a nice change from Peppa Pig.'

John shook his head.

'Nah. We can't have that. What were you and Paul going to do originally?'

'Dunno. Go to a nice restaurant, I suppose. That's what we usually do on special occasions. I'll be alright though. Be nice to watch a movie without interruptions for once.'

John scratched his chin thoughtfully while shaking his head.

'Forget it. It seems to me that at this short notice you have two choices. How much spare cash do you have at home?'

Yvonne double-checked to see whether he was serious. It looked like he might be.

'Not much. Forty or fifty quid I suppose. Why?'

John reached into his trouser pocket, pulled out a battered wallet and made great show of examining the contents. He continued to shake his head.

'We could go on the Internet and see what it would cost to hire an escort for you. A young guy with a six-pack, fake tan and a big willy.'

He looked into his wallet again while Yvonne was just open mouthed with surprise.

'I can't believe you said that.'

John appeared to ignore her.

'Trouble is, with your wad and my pension all I think we can afford would get you an old bloke with a twelve-pack, pasty skin and erectile dysfunction.'

He tutted while Yvonne laughed.

'You said there was a second option?'

'Oh yes. What if I took you out for dinner?'

Yvonne let out a short laugh. Then covered her mouth and started to blush.

'Sorry about that, John. I was just surprised.'

'Don't fret it. I often have that effect on beautiful women.'

'It's very kind of you to offer, but we wouldn't be able to book anywhere nice at such short notice. Why don't I invite you? We could get a take away and watch a movie together. As long as you don't make snarky comments all the way through like Paul.'

'Let me see if I can sort something out.'

He stood up, patted his pockets and then started looking through drawers. Obviously not finding what he was looking for he moved to the coats on pegs at the back of the door to the hallway. His hand emerged from the third pocket he checked with his mobile phone and he put on his glasses while prodding at it studiously.

'Hi. Pump House?'

Yvonne started waving her hands and mouthingno. She looked shocked. The Pump House was the most expensive restaurant in town. She had never been there, but friends had told her it was booked up for months ahead. And cost an arm and a leg. John ignored her.

'Is Jean-Paul there? Tell him it's John the painter. I'm sorry to interrupt him.'

He smiled indulgently at Yvonne's continuing silent protests while he waited.

'Hi Jean-Paul. Yes I'm good thanks. And you?'

There was a pause while he listened, smiling now and then. Yvonne just glared at him with both hands clamped over her mouth, eyes staring.

'I know this is short notice, Jean-Paul, but is there any chance at all of a table for two this evening? I have a beautiful neighbour who has been stood up be her husband and all her friends on her birthday.'

There was another pause, then he laughed.

'No, it's nothing like that, she's just a friend.'

Another pause.

'We'll be there. Thanks very much. Yes. Yes. I look forward to it. We'll see you later.'

He pressed the phone a couple of times before he was satisfied he wasn't still being charged, placed it face down on the table and took off his glasses again.

'We have to be there for six-thirty. I'm sorry about the early time, but as you said, it is short notice.'

Yvonne opened and closed her mouth a couple of times before getting the words out.

'The Pump House.'

'Yes. It's nice there.'

'But we can't afford that.'

'Yes we can. Now you get off home. I need time to make myself pretty.'

Yvonne continued to protest as John found a carrier for her gin and champagne, helped her into her jacket again and handed her his painting. She turned to face him as he reached for the latch at the front door.

'I don't know what to say.'

'Good. It'll give you something to think about until I pick you up. Say about six?'

'This is soexciting.'

She giggled and kissed his cheek again before he pushed her out of the door with a firm hand at the base of her back.

12