Self-Discovery Tour

Story Info
Tour guide teaches Susan about the world and herself.
7.6k words
4.42
3.8k
2
0
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

All travel, and especially foreign travel, can be exciting and educational. While traveling, you can be a somewhat different person than you are back home. The question is: which is your true self?

To: Jennifer******@Gmail

From: Susan******@Gmail

Date: April 15 - Atlanta

Jen, Please destroy all of my emails from my trip from April 2 through today - including this one. I can't take a chance that Larry may ever see them.

Your anxious friend, Susan

**********************************

To: Jennifer******@Gmail

From: Susan******@Gmail

Date: April 2 - Cairo

Hey Jen.

I landed yesterday and I'm already adjusting to the Arab culture. As you advised, I forced myself to stay awake all day yesterday before collapsing at 9:00 PM. Had a good night's sleep, so my jet lag is minimal today. Thanks for that tip.

Our tour group got together last evening for a welcome dinner to meet and greet each other. We have three older, married couples, three single women and two single men in the group. But the guide, Ron, made the biggest impression on me. He's about 40 and a real charmer. He's not hard on the eyes either. He's spends his winters skiing in Switzerland and summers backpacking and guiding tours. A real man of the world, with no strings attached. Very tempting.

Surviving the traffic in Cairo is adventure enough. But I got a special thrill after I checked in. My room is on the 23rd floor and when I looked out my window across the city - there were the pyramids! They're just outside the city. Today we toured there and it was exciting to be in a place that you have seen photos of for your whole life.

One of the other single women, Dorothy, had someone boost her up on the first layer of rock of the Great Pyramid and was then afraid to jump down. Ron went to save her and she jumped into his arms. I guess I'll have some competition in that area. Fortunately, I was able to scoot quickly as we got to the dinner table this evening and grabbed the seat next to Ron. We had a very pleasant meal talking about his adventures finding water to survive in a desert and my adventures trying to find the right Halloween costumes for my kids. I really need more adventure in my life. I guess that's why I'm here.

Your friend, Susan

To: Jennifer******@Gmail

From: Susan******@Gmail

Date: April 3, Cairo

Hey Kiddo.

Today we visited the medina (market) and got a deep dip in Egyptian culture. The market offers everything locals could want. It's very crowded and the smells from the meat stands and the vegetables stands and the fruit stands permeate everything and everybody. I was amazed at the size and complexity of the market. There's no map of it and you can't see more than 30 feet in any direction.

I meandered away from our group to explore some back alleys and got lost in the maze of booths. I met several very nice locals who helped me find my way back toward the hotel. I don't speak Arabic and they didn't speak English, but somehow we understood what I needed and what their directions meant. It was an adventure!

On my walk back to the hotel, I thought about how today would have been different if Larry had come along. Of course, he would never travel this far in the first place. He certainly would not have left the group and taken a risk. Where I feel excitement at experiencing new things, my dear husband would prefer to sit in his armchair and read about the sites. I do love him, but traveling without him offers me a chance to live another part of myself for a change. I can't wait to see what my adventurous self gets up to on this trip.

This evening, we ate at a local restaurant (a restaurant where the locals eat). We sat on little stools in a circle and ate with our hands. Dorothy took the opportunity to sit across the circle from Ron and squat awkwardly on her low stool, spreading her legs beneath her skirt. Since her knees were higher than her ass, I'm sure Ron and others got a good look at her panties. At one point, Ron started to choke on his food and I saw a devilish smile on Dorothy's face.

Your observant friend, Susan

To: Jennifer******@Gmail

From: Susan******@Gmail

Date: April 4, Cairo

Hi friend.

Today was our last day in Cairo and we spent most of it in the Egyptian Museum. Lots of mummies and, of course, King Tut's famous face mask. It's very difficult for Americans whose country is 250 years old to think about this kingdom which is 4,000 years old.

Competition between women is even older than that - and continues to this day. Dorothy spent most of the day trying to impress Ron with her knowledge of ancient Egypt. I played the opposite role, asking basic questions and then staring into his eyes while he gave the answer. Then I would smile, touch his arm and say "Thanks, Ron. Now I get it." while holding his attention - and his arm - for a just a moment. By the afternoon he was returning a warm smile. I may be married for 21 years, but I still got it!

Your flirty friend, Susan

To: Jennifer******@Gmail

From: Susan******@Gmail

Date: April 5, Luxor

Jen,

Today we flew down to Luxor to explore many more ancient sites. The impressive temple of Karnak contains 134 huge stone pillars over 10 meters high and a meter in diameter. Ron pointed out that this temple was already 600 years old when King Tut was born. Dorothy had to correct him to say they were 624 years old at that time. Ron said, "Right," and turned quickly to continue the tour. I followed along, smiling and asking insightful questions.

Dorothy tried for an unusual camera angle and somehow slipped and got herself wedged between two of the pillars - her head sticking out one side and her ass on the other. Ron had to get up close behind her, reach around her waist and pull her up and into his lap. She thanked him effusively and gave him a kiss on the cheek. I'm pretty sure Ron got a bit of a bulge from that rescue technique. I'm sure Dorothy got a nice buzz.

This evening, Ron said he had some paperwork to do and we were free to go to dinner at any restaurant we wished. The married couples each went off in different directions. The two single guys, Jack and Barry, asked the three single women to join them at some club for drinks and dancing. Dorothy and Gloria jumped at the chance. I think they had already decided which one of the single men each of them would get. I wanted a quiet meal so I declined.

I wandered around the neighborhood and found myself walking along the bank of the Nile. I came upon a restaurant that was basically a large deck hanging over the water with colorful cloth banners strung above as a ceiling. There were no real walls, so the breeze off the river drifted through, carrying wonderful food smells. The sun was just setting across the river and the traditional felucca boats were gliding by with the wind - like a scene from a movie. The restaurant had a picture menu so I could order without much fear. You really can't go wrong with some roasted meat, couscous and a salad.

Just as I was served my salad, I saw Ron walk up the steps and I intentionally didn't wave to him. I figured he might appreciate some time off without his 11 ducklings following his every step and word. I gave him some space.

"May I join you?" he asked. I was startled and looked up at his smiling face. He actually wanted to sit with me! "Oh, please do," I stuttered. He sat to my left and quickly gave the waiter his order - in Arabic of course. "You have good taste Susan. I always try to come to this restaurant when I'm in town. It's convenient, reasonably priced and serves very good food."

It was nice to be able to just chat with him without being interrupted by the others. When he is with the group he must pay attention to all of them. This evening, he could just focus on me. And I on him, of course. I learned more about his adventurous life climbing mountains and he learned about my days working in the library while my kids were in school. It really made me question whether I had made good decisions in my life. I am mostly happy with Larry. I certainly love my two kids and am proud of them. But talking with Ron put a different perspective on everything. I started to feel regrets. Should I have taken more risks? Had more adventures? How much of life have I missed?

"What's the matter Susan? Did I say something to offend you?" he interrupted my thoughts.

"No, no, Ron. You're wonderful company. I admire you and the exciting life that you're living. My life seems so boring and ordinary compared to yours. There's always the question of the road not taken. When you're busy living your current life, it's easy to forget that there are alternatives." I didn't want to say anything else so I started forking into my couscous. But, Ron's comment cheered me up.

"We all have regrets Susan. You can't do anything about them. All you can do is live your life today in a way that you enjoy and won't regret later. I hope this tour will provide you with some adventure and excitement so you'll have lots of pleasant memories of it 10 years from now."

Believe me Jen, I am going to make sure that I make some very pleasant memories in the next ten days.

Your hopeful friend, Susan

To: Jennifer******@Gmail

From: Susan******@Gmail

Date: April 6, Luxor

Wow, what an exciting day today. We went to the Valley of the Kings and toured some tombs. You can't go in King Tut's real tomb, but they built an exact replica for tourists. We also saw the Temple of Hotshepsut, one of the great queens. It becomes so real when you are in a tomb and see paintings on the wall that are 3,000 years old. Ron did a very good job of explaining the history and the significance of this place.

It was really hot today (over 100 degrees) and we had to walk about a mile in direct sun. Of course, Ron had warned everyone yesterday to wear a hat, dress lightly and bring plenty of water. But the area is all rock, reflecting the sun's rays from all directions. As we got warmer, I noticed Dorothy unbuttoning her shirt along the way, revealing her lacy bra. A few of us were getting woozy, so Ron took us into a side canyon where there was a shaded shelter with benches for a water break. Then the drama started. I was watching Dorothy and saw her watching Ron. When he was turned away, she let herself roll off the bench onto the ground and lay still. Everyone gasped and Ron ran to her side.

He checked her pulse and felt her face for heatstroke. He poured some water on his bandana and laid it across her forehead. Her condition did not seem to be serious. Of course, it didn't. She was faking! Everyone gathered around and Dorothy started to stir. She started mumbling something and Ron had to put his head down near her bare chest to hear her words. While he was so close, Dorothy raised both arms and put them around his neck, interlocking her fingers to keep him there.

I couldn't control myself any longer. I burst out laughing and tried to stifle it - not very well. Everyone looked at me with daggers. How could I be laughing when one of our group was on death's door? I tried to apologize, but it didn't seem very sincere since I was still giggling.

Ron extricated himself from her locked grip and asked the other men to help Dorothy get back up. I think he realized the purpose of the whole show and didn't want to be part of a second act where she would stagger toward him with her boobs hanging out. She got up, made a show of rebuttoning her shirt and assured everyone she would be fine. What a crock! But, I must admit I was a little jealous of her up close and personal encounter with Ron.

I have to stop now. I need to get to bed early because we have to get up early tomorrow to fly to Amman.

Your excited friend, Susan

To: Jennifer******@Gmail

From: Susan******@Gmail

Date: April 7, Amman Jordan

Jen,

We had another mind-blowing day today. Amman is a beautiful city on several hills, filled with all the evidence of history. We visited an outdoor Roman theater that still hosts performances. The acoustics are still perfect today. History is still running here, with all of the refugees from Palestine, Syria and Iraq.

We rode around in our bus and toured the Citadel, a hilltop collection of stone ruins from several periods of history. It's spread out over a large area and we all split up to explore. I went along with Barry and Jack and we explored the tall Roman columns called the Temple of Hercules, still upright after 2,000 years. We got back to the bus at the requested time, but Ron and Dorothy were late. That's very unlike Ron, who is always reminding us to be on time.

Almost 30 minutes later, they ran back to the bus, looking embarrassed. Dorothy went right to her seat with a smile on her face and Ron stood at the front of the bus and apologized profusely for holding up the group. He struggled to explain why they were late and made up some generalities about unforeseen circumstances. As he walked down the aisle past me I noticed his fly was open. Ooooops.

I can't blame Dorothy for getting some action under a clear blue sky in a roofless stone room and away from the crowds. That would have been exciting: getting naughty with the guide, in a place they might be seen, in a romantic setting. But, I don't think Ron felt the same way. He sat as far away from her as possible on the bus and later avoided her when the group was walking around.

I did learn a few lessons from their adventure. Ron keeps up a professional image all the time, but he can be seduced. I imagine it's against tour company rules to fraternize with the tourists. I think he was irritated that he had been compromised. I imagine Dorothy made him an offer he couldn't refuse. He might be mad at himself for being weak. He might be mad at Dorothy for treating him like a mark to be duped - and not respected. Good background to remember for the future.

We all ate in the hotel restaurant. I had dinner with two of the couples and the rest were seated together. Ron didn't attend the dinner. Hmmmm.

Your analytical friend, Susan

To: Jennifer******@Gmail

From: Susan******@Gmail

Date: April 8, Amman Jordan

Dear Jen,

I am exhausted tonight so this will probably be a short message. We walked all over Amman today, visiting sites from many historic periods: Roman baths, Byzantine churches, crusader monuments and Ottoman homes. The city is Islamic, with mosques everywhere. The largest is the King Hussein I mosque. It is immense and beautiful.

Ron was in a better mood today. I maneuvered in the group to always be near him and listening to his talks. I asked intelligent questions, including several about the sexual habits of the Romans reflected in their nude statues. He gave me a knowing smile as he explained the symbolism of the phallus figures on display. No, I didn't ask him the obvious question while standing in front of several large stone cocks. But, I am curious.

Your exhausted friend, Susan

To: Jennifer******@Gmail

From: Susan******@Gmail

Date: April 10, Wadi Rum desert

Sorry I didn't write last night. It was because I had no internet access - or any other aspect of civilization. Tonight we're in a Bedouin village with electricity and internet. What a difference!

Yesterday morning, we drove a few hours south from Amman to Wadi Rum - a huge desert valley. It's where they filmed the desert scenes in Lawrence of Arabia. Huge rock cliffs, immense sand dunes, ancient hieroglyphs and a desert stretching to the horizon. It's like nothing I have ever experienced.

The tour itinerary called for "desert wilderness experience", and we sure got it. They split up our group into three large dune buggies driven by Ron and two local guides. Then each vehicle went off in a different direction - to spend the night in separate camps. Thank God it was Ron who decided who would ride with whom. Two of the married couples went together. Larry, Barry, Gloria and Dorothy went in another buggy. That left the other married couple (Charles and Lily McPeters) and Ron and me. Perfect!

Ron drove our buggy about 20 miles out into the desert and we set up camp below a large cliff. Ron instructed us to go out on foot to collect "firewood" - in a desert with no trees. The only vegetation was little scrubby bushes. In the US they would be called tumbleweeds. While searching for firewood, I came across the skeleton of a dead goat half buried in the sand - if you lose your flock here you die.

We cooked our dinner over a small gas stove. Ron built a fire from the tumbleweeds and we sat around and told stories. Before turning in, Ron suggested we all walk out in the desert to a point where we could no longer see our campfire. He took us to the top of a nearby dune and then said to look up. It was amazing. The moon hadn't quite come up yet, so the desert had absolutely no light except for the stars. The dry, clear air gives perfect visibility of the Milky Way and all the stars. I actually fell backward as I craned my neck to see more stars - but had a soft landing in the sand.

Ron suggested we all lie on our backs and delight in the experience. He pointed to one side of the dune we were standing on and the McPeters walked a few steps down the hill that way and laid next to each other on the perfectly clean sand. He escorted me down the opposite side of the hill and we laid down, with an appropriate distance between us. I noticed the absolute silence - no wind, no insects, no human sounds except my own breathing. I was thrilled. Another once-in-a-lifetime experience. I was sort of in a trance when I felt a body next to mine. I turned my head and found Ron's face inches from mine.

"Does this inspire you?" he breathed quietly. "Yes, very much," I whispered.

"It certainly does inspire me." he murmured, then leaned forward and kissed me - light brushing of the lips, no tongue, just an affectionate kiss. My body reacted just as you would expect. I leaned toward him and pressed more firmly against his lips, raising my hand to touch his cheek. I moaned. I haven't felt the excitement of a first kiss in over 20 years - but I haven't forgotten how to do it.

In less than a minute our tongues were tangling. He raised his body just over mine. I was very aroused and reached my arms around him to bring him closer. I could feel his rapid pulse and the surge of his manhood. I moaned again, this time louder. He pulled away quickly and put a hand over my mouth. "Shhh," he whispered. "We don't want them to hear." I nodded and pulled him back into the kiss. I made myself memorize the moment: the stars, the sand, the silence, the heat of his body against mine and the passion on my lips.

A reminder Jen, these emails are private between you and me. You will NEVER discuss my trip with anyone else! Ever! Don't forget that I know about that weekend you had in NY five years ago.

We lay there for a while kissing and just embracing. "We'll meet you back in camp," Mr. McPeters announced over the dune. "OK," Ron said loudly. Then we got up, dusted each other's back off - he has a really firm ass - and returned to camp. We had set up three tents, one large one for the McPeters, a smaller one for me and Ron had his own. We all said goodnight and went into our respective tents. The heat of the day was gone but the night air was still quite warm. I stripped down to my panties and slid under the light blanket they had provided.

I was so excited by the surprise affection from Ron that I couldn't sleep. My rational self tried to convince my real self that it was a one-time thing. We had been seduced by the stillness and the stars and had been carried away. It didn't mean anything and would not be repeated. But, my emotional self was jumping up and down with joy. She replayed the kiss and the memory of the experience. She realized that Ron had purposely put the McPeters on the opposite side of the hill, assuring us of some privacy. She wanted more.