All Comments on 'Self Doubts'

by Regguy69

Sort by:
  • 63 Comments
lujon2019lujon2019over 1 year ago

Whats the narrative point of having him NOT be sterile if it isnt rubbed in his ex;es face?

georgelittle2000georgelittle2000over 1 year ago

Decent. It lacks his EX's reaction to the fact that he was able to father a child.

MightyheartMightyheartover 1 year ago

Good One.

Classic loving wife story - what it should be.

5/5

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Good story, with interesting characters. The writing remains strong, although I chuckled when her tee shirt road up. I doubt that I would have proposed so quickly on the heels of some serious questions, but I suppose it could happen.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Nice little story but a bit ridiculous as a scenario.

Have you ever heard of insemination?

Have you ever heard of egg or sperm donation?

jezzazjezzazover 1 year ago

What’s a ‘karate diamond’?

waifwaifover 1 year ago

OK.

I had one issue with this nice little story, but it did cost a star.

In the first paragraph, the MC says he is sterile and his wife is divorcing him because she wants children. Some people will not accept adoption as an alternative, and since it is never mentioned, I guess that was the case here.

My issue is with the Doctor who told him he is sterile. In the end, he has low motility sperm, which means more than half of his sperm do not seek out an egg to impregnate. This can be dealt with pretty easily by any halfway decent medical center. No professional physician that I know of would hit him with sterile unless they were wanting to face a MAJOR lawsuit for malpractice.

Slick742Slick742over 1 year ago

Loved it! Nice story flow with some twists. Thanks...SK742

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago
What A Great Story Of Romance!

What is it doing in the Loving Wives category? The previous marriage was just a setup to the Romance plot. The preamble marriage could have been a short narrative or even a monologue where Matt explains to Amy the source of his insecurities. It was a good story, but you have something in common with Amy: She lied to get Matt's attention, you lied to get ours. A good Romance story, a lousy Loving Wives story. Still, thanks for the effort.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Just another story where the women can do no wrong, even when their actions look bad to everyone.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

What a pussy.

silentsoundsilentsoundover 1 year ago

That was fun and entertaining.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Nice story. Would have been fun to have included a scene where he and Amy were out with their 2 year old daughter and they ran into his ex — who was still childless 😎

.

5 *****

SlithyToveSlithyToveover 1 year ago

Hmm, I guess that's a "3/4 karate diamond" for a try at a knockout ending. Well done, overall.

miket0422miket0422over 1 year ago

Decent story. Definitely the wrong category.

The ex maybe did or didn't cheat. They divorced amicably for a legitimate reason. Life moved on and he found someone else.

Definitely not an LW story.

mac1729mac1729over 1 year ago

Good story, it could have been fleshed out a little more though

Thanks for writing

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Lovely story, very well done. Five stars.

sdc97230sdc97230over 1 year ago
It was missing that final nice touch

The one where Matt and Amy are pushing little Jillian in her stroller and run into Sally, who still hasn't found a new partner who compares well to Matt and still doesn't have any children.

JH4FunJH4Funover 1 year ago
Outstanding Read ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

While I gave your story ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐, I agree with your up-front comment it should be in the Romance category. It was a great story that contained all of the elements for me to rate it that high.

Thanks for writing this one. I am looking forward to your future publications.

Keep Writing

JH4Fun

BaggyUKBaggyUKover 1 year ago

You do write very well, good character development, solid story line and entertaining, thank you for your work.

AethurAethurover 1 year ago

What mature adult is so eager to try on new clothes that they leave a trail of clothes to the bedroom? I understand that it's part of the whole "let's make the MC think his lady is cheating" by tossing in the ex's car in the driveway, but that just felt like a contrived and forced plot point and could have been handled much better.

4.25*

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

A good ending. And if Matt's ex ever sees that he found a great woman that stood by him in hard times, and they have an adorable biologically made child together...that would be the best karma. But this is reality, and his ex prolly has a few kids with a guy she at least partially likes.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Nicely written. Thank you!

Rw43Rw43over 1 year ago

A great read. Thanks for posting.

<>

Jill is a true friend who not only wants Amy to be happy but also has the audacity to survey the clothing trail from Matt's perspective. Most female friends have to demonstrate their loyalty by sharing in the outrage.

<>

And it's always good to see parents treasuring their kids.

<>

I'm sure I won't be the only one to tell you this, but that 3/4 karate diamond sure made my day.

oldtwitoldtwitover 1 year ago

That’s a nice simple story, well thought out nice character descriptions and a simple believable plot

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Nice story! Thank you

ibuguseribuguserover 1 year ago

Nice story. Thanks for sharing.

SyzyguySyzyguyover 1 year ago

A sweet story with a happy ending - what's not to like. Thank you.

blackswordblackswordover 1 year ago

I like story with a true good ending.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Other than not having Sally run into Matt and see his new fit body, beautify Wife and adorable baby, this is a very good comeback story.

Regguy69Regguy69over 1 year agoAuthor

For those that were intrigued by the 3/4 karate diamond, they are usually displayed right next to the Kung fu emeralds at any reputable jewelry store. :-)

usaretusaretover 1 year ago

Very well done. Thank you.

RanDog025RanDog025over 1 year ago

Great story, thanks! 5 BIG ASS STARS!

SplitGeode66SplitGeode66over 1 year ago

Good story. Because of issues described by others, 4 stars.

/

Here are some additional minor issues that a proofreader would identify:

/

Physique, not physic (page 1)

/

“I nibble her ears and then kissed down…”. You mixed present tense (nibble) and past tense (kissed) in the same sentence. (Page 2)

/

“I looked at Am, not…”. Should be Amy, not Am (Page 2)

/

“Amy went to the lady's room.” Ladies’ room, not lady’s room (page 2)

Cringo31Cringo31over 1 year ago

A very good story with done truly heartfelt emotions. It goes to show how our own feelings if inadequacy can really affect our relationships. So enjoyable.

DrtywrdsmithDrtywrdsmithover 1 year ago

Great love story!⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

oldmanbill69oldmanbill69over 1 year ago

Excellent, sweet story.

69gman69gmanover 1 year ago

Very good story.. Well written, factual and believable. Men who exercised for 15 or more hours weekly at a moderate to vigorous rate have a 73% higher sperm count than those who exercise less than 5 hours per week. Yeah it also can cause ED problems. Guess I better hit the treadmill Lol 5 *****

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

As I write this, the story has a very high score.

Sorry, I just don't get it.

The score will reduce fractionally after I've voted.

Dittybopper6989Dittybopper6989over 1 year ago

Enjoyed the read it is a feel good story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago
Well

Sometimes typos can be distracting in a story. "3/4 karate diamond" and the author's response to the oops are both hilarious.

It's a great story. Full mark.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

3/4 karate diamond? Nah, 1/2 taekwondo is better!

Ba-dum TS!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Nothing says love like a 3/4 karate diamond.

Crusader235Crusader235over 1 year ago

Turned into a soap opera.

DickSnugfitDickSnugfitover 1 year ago

A tad wooden and contrived, but I would still award it a 4.7 overall, because I am aware that I am a nit-picking bar steward, and I DID like it, so I rounded it up! I know, I'm ALL heart!

The 3/4 carat diamond that was surprisingly proficient in the martial arts DID amuse me greatly, and didn't wind me up at all! Unlike so many modern US authors, who don't seem to know that the past participle of "dive! is actually "dived", and NOT a `White Pigeon', which is the international symbol of peace! Hey Ho, -I told you that I am pedantic, now didn't I?

Well done this author, I loved it!

NitpicNitpicover 1 year ago
Brain dead.

Amy must be brain dead if she can't understand what Ben's car out side and her clothes on the floor must look like..

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Karaté... don't you just love these dragon-soeak programs that these guys must use?!? I mean, soMANY autjors have thus type of error - they cannot all be so ignorant if spelling simple words, so often! These aren't typos. These are simple AI errors. Good story.

AngelRiderAngelRider11 months ago

A lot of women wouldn't think of doing the DNA test believing their husband should just trust them. It was a selfless act of compassion. Nice touch

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

First off, a lot of commenters upset over Doctors saying he was sterile, he seems to have thought that but the doctors actually said "They said my sperm count was extremely low and with little mobility. That ALMOST guaranteed we wouldn't conceive".

Knowing he thinks he is sterile Amy gets the DNA test done to reassure him, that shows a loving wife.

Removing any self doubts he might have, good on her.

I liked this story, well done

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

Sperm does not have mobility, it has motility. (minor point)

Enjoyed story but transition to marriage seemed kind of rushed to me.

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

Glad it worked out for him. Amy is a true loving wife. Like the final sentence about working hard to not prevent pregnancy. Sterile is something else btw. Different than low motility or low sperm count. Byw they could have had a DNA test way earlier than after delivery.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

Looks like the two bitches Amy and Jill are in a Lesbo relationship!!

Matt is really desperate for the lying bitch Amy!! Too bad he ended up with a dancing bar slut

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

The paternity test could have been done while she was still pregnant!!

Matt seems like potential cuck!!

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

I generally do not read other comments but several of the ones below strike me as to have been written by readers as stupid as a box f rocks. Story was above average.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

I agree with Anonymous4 months ago that begins, I generally do not read other comments.

This (like the other stories on here) is FICTION!!!! If the author says that a couple are loving and faithful, they are, that’s how fiction works, a fact that seems too difficult for some people on here to grasp.

Two women in a bedroom, trying on clothes, DOES NOT make them lesbians. How is Matt a potential cuck? How is Amy a “dancing bar slut” when she only dances with Jill until she dances with Matt?

I read some of the comments o here and my first thought is “did this moron actually READ the story.”

AnonymousAnonymous2 months ago

+1 for the last line. A wonderful story of two people with heartaches from prior.marriages finding love. Btw he wasn't sterile. Just low sperm motility. And how big is a karate for diamond? J/k. Also her offering to do the paternity test was done out if love thiugh coukd have been done when pregnant. 5 stars.

AnonymousAnonymous25 days ago

All is well that ends well, I guess. I did get a pretty big “ick” when Matt got on his knees and begged Amy not to kick him out.

AnonymousAnonymous12 days ago

Proposal was super rushed; they both had some extreme reactions to events... And you really missed an opportunity for them to run into his ex and show off the new baby!

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userRegguy69@Regguy69
I try to read all comments and have never deleted any. I have learned a lot from the constructive comments I have received, thank you for those. I hope my efforts provide some entertainment for you. All of my characters are fictional and are not intended to resemble anyone, li...