Selling Dallas

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"I don't think that'll be the problem."

Sam gave the man a funny look, but didn't have time to worry about it. He walked away shaking his head wondering what the producers saw in the guy.

Charlene pulled up, practically jumping out of her SUV before it even stopped.

"I'm sorry I'm late. I over slept."

They rushed her into makeup, Sam giving her the details on the three houses they had selected for the show and the profile of the home buyer. Single male, late forties, occupation unknown, name...

"C'mon, we're late. You can get to know him as we go. Last show of the season, let's make it a good one." said one of the producers.

Charlene put the folder down, never seeing the photo of her 'client'. She memorized a few details and figured on faking the rest. After a dozen episodes, she figured episode number thirteen would be just like the previous twelve. Little did she realize how it would ultimately change her life.

"Five, four, three, two..." the director counted down and pointed to Charlene as the camera's began to roll.

"Hi, I'm Charlene and welcome to Selling Dallas. Today, we'll be looking at houses for a bachelor. Suave and Debonair, he's looking for a home to settle down and find his life mate. So all you single ladies, keep an eye on these fabulous homes."

She smiled and winked at the camera. The show's producers already had descriptions of the three homes, each boating several thousand square feet, with multiple bedrooms, bathrooms and other special features.

"Okay that was good Charlene. I like where you went with that." said the director.

"Our guy will meet us at the first house. From there we'll move the crew to the house number two and so on. Just like always."

He moved away and shouted out instructions to the rest of the film crew. Sam approached and said to Charlene,

"Char, there's something I wanted you to know."

Before he could finish, her assistant came running in and pulled her away.

"You've got a visitor."

"I do? Who?"

Charlene turned back to Sam,

"What were you going to say Sam?"

"It can wait. Go see your friend."

"Charlene!!" shouted her best friend Debbie.

"Debbie!!" Charlene shouted back.

It was their traditional greeting when out in public. Something they had done for years, long before Charlene was an up and coming Reality TV star.

"I'm so glad you could make it. I've got something I wanted to you since I got up this morning."

"Something juicy I hope?" Debbie asked.

"Let's go Charlene. You'll have to catch up later."

"Bye. I love you!" said her friend.

Charlene was rushed to the first house, A touch up of her makeup and then marched to the front door where the film crew waited.

"Welcome back. Today, I'm showing this ultra modern home, just a short distance from the city. It's over forty-five hundred square feet, featuring five bedrooms, four and half baths with an enclosed sauna, spacious kitchen with brand new smart appliances. A four car garage for all you car lovers and a movie theatre for those intimate moments."

The camera's moved away from Charlene to a car pulling up. As the driver started to get out of the car, Charlene was heard saying,

"Hi, I'm Charlene. Welcome to Selling Dallas. Are you ready to find your forever home?"

She had said the words so often she found herself going through the motions and not really paying attention to her guest home buyer. Whoever he was, he must have a fair amount of money to be looking at the homes they were viewing today. The least expensive was just under two million.

The camera focused on the man getting out of the car. He stood a touch over six feet. Salt and pepper hair, cut close to the scalp. He wore a Hart Shaffner Marx suit. Dark grey, with a royal blue shirt, no tie. He walked with confidence, one hand in his pocket. On his wrist was a Salvatore Ferragamo 1898 Chronograph watch with a leather strap.

He looked nervous as he walked slowly up the concrete walk and Sam thought they were going to have to retake his arrival over and over.

"Hello gorgeous."

Charlene looked up for the first time and one of the cameramen saw her reaction. He quickly turned the camera towards Charlene, not knowing what he was about to capture would be considered some of the best television of the year. The raw emotion could never be scripted like this.

Charlene was frozen. A tear rolling down her cheek. She tried to speak but couldn't. She tried to move, but couldn't. The man stopped in his tracks. Not sure if he should continue or turn and leave. Finally, Charlene found her voice.

"Kaz?" she muttered. "Kaz, is that you?"

Her feet were moving, slowly, at first, then faster. She finished the last twenty feet in a run. He reached out and she jumped into his arms. Their lips locked in a kiss to end all kisses. At that moment, no one else mattered. The two former lovers were lost in each other as if they were the only two people in the entire world.

"Kaz. You're alive?"

All the emotions of the last year and a half flooded over her. Charlene covered her mouth as she fell to the ground and began to cry uncontrollably.

"CUT!" yelled Sam.

"What the hell is going on?" He demanded of the man.

"I've missed you so much. There's so much to tell you."

"You FUCKER!. I hate you. I Hate that you're here. Why are you here? How?"

Charlene was so lost in emotion she was babbling to no one and Kaz at the same time.

Her entire life was flashing before her. Her high school days, her marriage of twenty years and eventually divorce. Her career as a real estate agent. The trips to the bars, the wild times with her friends and the mysterious lover who was part of her life. A life she had mostly forgotten about when he was reported as drowned in Maui.

"I tired calling, but you never answered. I texted, but you never replied. Then your phone was disconnected. I was trying to get back to you. Then you became this TV star." he said as he sat next to her.

"I was..."

She cut him off.

"Bullshit!"

"IF you were really tying, how come it took you so long to come back?"

"Is there someplace we can go?" he asked.

The cameraman had kept the camera rolling the whole time and he was damned if they were going anywhere without him. He spoke up.

"Maybe inside?"

"Yes. That would be a good idea." Charlene said wiping tears from her eyes.

"I look a mess." she said to Kaz.

"You've never looked more beautiful to me."

He stood up holding his had out to her. Charlene smiled, grabbed his hand, not letting it go as they walked into the home. Inside, Kaz told her what happened in Maui. He had planned to propose later that night, but felt the moment was perfect and he was going back to their room to get the ring, when he saw someone in the ocean struggling.

He swam out and helped the person, but in doing so, got kicked in the head and passed out. He thought he was as good as dead as his body was pushed out to sea and he wasn't strong enough to swim back to shore. He, was fortunate enough to be picked up by a passing pleasure boat, but he couldn't remember anything.

"I suffered from amnesia for several months. Didn't know who I was, where I was from." he told her.

"Then I had a dream. About us and it all come flooding back. But by that time, I had heard that I was reported as drowned. I called but you didn't answer. I texted you instead, but you didn't reply. I thought that after all those months you probably moved on."

"That's no excuse. You should've come back to Dallas and found me."

"I did. But I saw you leaving a bar with a blonde guy, so I turned around and went home."

"You did? Oh, I'm so sorry." she cried again.

"It had been so long and I was despondent. My friends told me I had to move on. That you were dead and I was alive and I had to move on." She couldn't stop sobbing.

He pulled her close and held her. Her small frame still felt the same. Still stirred his loins, stirred his emotions. He could never replace her and he knew it.

"I'm here now. If you want me to be."

"Yes, yes yes!" She said, kissing him after each yes and falling into his arms once again. He scooped her up and took her upstairs, closing and locking the door behind them.

"Charlene?" shouted Sam.

"Go away, I'm busy!" she shouted back.- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Weeks later.

"I have a very special guest on today's show. Please give a warm welcome to the star of Selling Dallas, Charlene Kazstanomopolous."

The crowd roared to life as the television host introduced Charlene.

She walked out on stage, waving to the crowd and giving a hug to her female host.

"Wow. What a welcome. Thanks for having me." Charlene said.

"Wow indeed! Hi Charlene. Welcome to my show. So, I'm not gonna mess around. Tell me about your last episode of Selling Dallas. Was that faked or was it real?"

"Well, last time I was on, my last name was different."

Charlene laughed, The host laughed, The audience laughed and applauded.

12