All Comments on 'Separating Factors'

by curious2c

Sort by:
  • 229 Comments (Page 2)
krosis666krosis666about 9 years ago
Trial separations

Are NEVER about 'Finding yourself', they are a selfish person's way to see what else is available, while having that faithful safety net waithing back at home, just in case. When things are gone to the point of wanting a separation, it means that they already have no love for you, and don't give a shit about you or your feelings. At that point, all they care about is themselves. What kind of rationale thinks that being apart, and not communicating at all, is the best way to work on a relationship? It's like trying to fix your car engine by parking it in the next street, and steadfastly refusing to work on it, or let anyone else check on it either!

That is why a 'Trial separation' is merely an excuse to cheat, without that pesky conscience interfering.

When she says 'I want a separation', the correct response is 'Fine, try the rest of our lives, because I want a divorce!' See how many still push for that separation!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
a lot of us have been down this road

and wife comes back and later find out wifer has not been pure as the driven snow... secrets will leak out... 4 stars because a lot of us have been here

chytownchytownalmost 9 years ago
Good Read***

Thanks for sharing.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
hmmm

The end while ok didnt mesh well with the story.

She was a picture of someone that didnt love her husband.

Ignored him, refused counseling, ruined the dates, when on dates with someone else.

and a 6 month separation?

No thats the same as wanting a divorce.

No guy would have tolerated all that disrespect and abuse.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
I certainly would not have accepted a 6 month seperation...

My ex wife asked me for a separation years ago. I told her fine, we'd separate if that was what she really wanted. She said she needed time to herself before we started our family. No problem I answered, especially after I learned she was already packed and had a place to stay. It was like a piece of me would be torn away but she was adamant. She swore it was temporary and she would be back soon.

She moved out, not realizing she wasn't going to come back. Hell, I didn't realize it yet either. We rented our place, having been married only 4 years and still didn't have that much stuff. I moped, not leaving the house except to work and then returned home. I'll admit, beer was my companion every night, I just couldn't bare sitting around at night, all alone. Everything changed when I got a call from my buddy, a guy I worked with.

He was at a restaurant, where he and his wife, along with me and mine, had went out to many times. The problem was, they were there, so was my wife and she was with another man. And, it seemed as thought they were very huggie feelie. Doug thought I should drive over and see for myself. Well, unfortunately for my marriage, I did. Walking in, I found my friends and sat at their table. From there, they pointed out where my wife and her date were sitting and were entirely correct, it was much more than any wife should do.

While I sat there, they actually fed each other food. Ellie was laughing and really having a good time. When they kissed, I almost died. It was't just a kiss, it was the kiss of lovers. My heart sank and I knew my marriage was history. The longer I sat there, the worse it got. Finally, I watched as one of his hands went below the table and there was no resistance at all. Oh, I couldn't see her legs spread or anything but when his hand hit the mother lode, there was no doubt. None at all, even my buddy was embarrassed.

It was funny, not laugh funny but strange funny. I knew my wife, knew everything about her and especially as she began to rise toward her orgasm. And I watched it play out right in front of me, from a short distance away. Perhaps the best thing happened after I watched another man watch her orgasm. Her eyes closed as she rode the wave and stayed closed until it was totally over. And when she opened them, she was looking directly into my eyes from across the room. I stood, stared at her for only a moment and then left. I would guess she knew we were over the moment her eyes opened.

Heading home I locked the doors, put chairs under the knobs and retired to the bedroom after unplugging the phone. I heard her banging on the doors, but ignored her. With a whiskey bottle in the room with me, I eventually passed out. I woke up Sunday, the next morning, with a massive headache. After using the bathroom, I looked around downstairs and saw no sigh of Ellie either inside or out. But the minute I plugged the phone in, it began to ring. Not thinking, probably thinking it was Doug, I answered it. The moment I heard Ellie's voice, I hung up and unplugged it again.

She was at the house within minutes. With a garage, she couldn't tell if I was there and went from window to window, looking for me. I ignored her and took another nap, I had a lot of work ahead and knew exactly what I was going to do. Parked in the attached garage was my 1972 Chevy pickup, only 10 years old at the time, with a canopy and only 30K miles on it. When I woke up I could find no signs of Ellie still being around.

I started packing. Yep, I packed everything I owned and I'm ashamed to say, everything I wanted fit in the bed of my truck. It was stuffed, from side to side and top to bottom, from front to back. But it all fit. I was done by three a.m. on Monday morning. I took a nap on the sofa and waited until I was rested. Then I drove to work, quit and got my final paycheck. Afterward, I stopped by my landlords house and gave him back my key and told him we were moving out. He was sad to see us go, the old duffer used to love to come over and beat my ass in chess.

Before I left town I had two more things to do. I stopped by Doug's house and gave his wife money to pay Doug to empty out our rental, taking everything to Ellie's parents house. She promised he would do it that night after work, she would help him. Cashing my check at our bank, I took that $750 and $1000 of the $2500 we had in savings. At the outskirts of Mobile Alabama, I decided to point my truck north. As I drove past our old house to leave town, I saw Ellie standing at the front door, peering in the windows, trying to see if I was there. My Chevy had a very distinct sound to its exhaust and when I drove past, she heard it. Running out, she attempted to stop me but I kept going.

Within a few minutes, I saw her old Volkswagen Bug in my rear view mirror and her flashing her headlights and honking the horn. I ignored her and just pressed a bit on the throttle, turning loose just a little more of that big 327 V8. On the interstate I was traveling 80mph and watched over the miles, Ellie dropping further behind. You see, I'd drove it many times and knew it's top speed was about 76mph. Besides, I had two tanks that each held 28 gallons and wasn't going to have to stop for many miles. Once she wasn't in my rear view mirror, I slowed down until I was doing about 65, for best gas mileage. Soon enough, in my rear view mirror, I watched as she caught up.

I guess you could call it a race. The ending wasn't in question because each time she tried to pass me, I just sped up until I was doing at least 77mph. Eventually, what I expected happened and I watched as suddenly she began to drop back, having run out of gas. Backing back to 65, I cruised on and I'll admit straight out, I cried. I cried a lot.

A week later I had a job in Eastern Montana on a wheat farm. Having run machinery my entire life, along with being a pretty good welder, I was hired on the spot. For better money than I'd ever made before! On top of that, they had free housing and if I wanted, free board too! Most of the time, I ate with the rest of the hands.

I worked there for 4 years before I got a call saying my mom was sick and if I wanted to see her, I needed to get back to Mobile. Being the offseason, I got the time off and hurried back to my hometown. Mom was bad, having suffered a stroke and I never got to talk to her, she died in her sleep, having never woke up. Sitting in my parents house, I wasn't surprised to hear a knock on the door and answered it. There stood Ellie. I guess she had heard I was back in town. She asked to come in and I simply closed the door and walked back to sit with my Dad. Ellie found me the next time at the service. Thankfully she had a modicum of decorum and left me alone until it was over. Instead, she cornered me at my folks house afterward, during the dinner.

She apologized, although I refused to speak to her. Saying she should have never left, she began to cry. My dad was there and he was angry with me for not interacting with her and began to read me the riot act, telling me life was short and you never knew when someone was going to be gone forever. I looked at him and said "Dad, I know exactly what you're saying. My wife died in front of my eyes the moment I saw her kiss another man and he put his hands down her pants and give her an orgasm in a public place."

Now, dad had no idea what had happened and was openly shocked. My ex wife burst into tears and continued to say how sorry she was. Finally I broke my vow of silence and asked her the one question every man would want to know. "Ellie, did you sleep with him?" She dropped her eyes and I had my answer. My dad asked her to leave and she did, almost in hysterics.

The next day I saw her again. She was walking down the street, holding the hand of a little boy. Stopping by Doug's house, I learned Ellie had no where to go, when her parents learned what she'd done, they refused to let her come home. In desperation, she moved in with the guy I had saw her with. As far as they knew, I was still married to her. She lived with him for about a year, until in a fit of rage, he beat the hell out of her, although she was pregnant. Not only did she almost die, but they barely saved the baby who was born minutes after she was admitted. Her boyfriend was sentence to 7 years and had been released in 3. It wasn't until right before I left, Doug's wife clued me in. Apparently they had terrible arguments, always about me. He wanted her to divorce me and marry him, while she said she still loved me and would never divorce me. Ellie and Doug's wife, Barb, were still good friends, although not as good as before.

The next day, I stopped by a lawyer and signed everything I could, left him most of my savings and he promised to have Ellie served and would send me the final paperwork. Well, somehow, Ellie found out where I lived and after refusing to sign the papers, showed up in my new town (pop 156) and found a place to leave. Not only that, she found a job in the only store in town. Now, almost 20 years later, she still lives in the same rental, works the same job and lives alone now. Her son has left for college and she spends time with her new friends.

Did we get back together? Nope. I still haven't talked to her. Oh, I've shopped where she works, thousands of times and yes, she's waited on me. And yes, she talks to me each time, telling me about her life and how much she loves me, every single time. We're still married and no, we haven't had sex. As far as I know, she doesn't and hasn't had a boyfriend, although I don't pay much attention. My sex life? Very good. I have a long term girlfriend that yes, Ellie knows about, and we live together. I'd love to marry her but I guess it'll never happen, Ellie refuses to divorce me. So we've lived in sin, had bastard children and now they all three are in high school.

Weird how life can be sometimes....

kjohns2001kjohns2001over 8 years ago
Hmmmm.....

If a wife asks for a separation then obviously she is not fully committed to her marriage. The husband should simply tell her so and explain that since she is no longer committed to the marriage that the best thing to do is end it before either of them do any more damage than has already been done. This will save pain and heartache all around. Harsh, perhaps so, but it's better than taking a chance that someone will end up physically hurt or even dead because the wife wants to be free from the marriage even though she wants to maintain the illusion that the marriage still exists. In reality all she is doing is keeping the marriage as a fallback option in case whatever she has planned falls through. If someone has time and money to burn then they can go to counselling or sit back and hope that they get through whatever the problems are, but even if they do the husband will always have doubts unless he is totally stupid. If so then he deserves all the pain and suffering that lie in wait for him. Better to just end it clean before it becomes crapped on beyond repair.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
and another

wimp that shoulda stayed home with his mother, rather than marry another woman.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Find myself?

What did she do? Park her ass in her lover's bed and then take her tits to the market? She's a lying, cheating slut. No way to take her back. Just file for divorce. Its coming sooner or later. What wife needs her husband to beat on another man to be sure he loves her? What is she? A cave woman? Too damn funny and not good.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
The CORRECT answer to "I want a separation" is

"Nah, let's just file for divorce." Either the vows you took matter, or they don't.

As for this stupid bint, she already broke her "word" when she dated. Story's over, close the book for God's sake!

tazz317tazz317about 8 years ago
FRIENDS AND ADVICE

versus enemies and self help. TK U MLJ LV NV

sbrooks103sbrooks103about 8 years ago
Fair

Her flat out refusal to even TRY counseling is a huge red flag.

And her reluctance to make it a legal separation is very suspicious, I’m surprised she went along with it!

Had her changed attitude (I assume she’d brighten up?) when talking about the owner’s sun is MORE than a red flag, it’s alarm bells!

“I wish I had never moved out. – So move back!

As she herself says, when the people at work started bad-mouthing her husband and marriage, she should have spoken up and straightened them out!

And how an intelligent(?) 21st century woman couldn't know that she had a sexual harassment case when the owner's son threatened her job if she didn't date him baffles me!

While I'm happy it turned out well, at the beginning he should have given her 3 choices:

1) TALK to him about what she sees as their problems.

2) Counseling.

3) Divorce

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
No trial?

Carl should have gone ahead with the charge of sexual assault on his wife by the boyfriend. That would allow him to sue him and the company in civil court for sexual harassment. No jury would have convicted Carl of assault for defending her. Carl told him to stop but the boyfriend slandered him in front of everyone in the restaurant. The boyfriend actually propagated the fight by his continuing banter.

jocko_smithjocko_smithover 7 years ago
Dump the silly bitch

He was pathetic. The answer to "I want a separation and I refuse to talk to my spouse, or to seek counseling" is "You can't have a separation, but here's a divorce." If that doesn't wake up your spouse, it's already over.

And why the fuck would you fight for a spouse who won't fight for your marriage ?

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
TRUE REAL LIFE STORY

Real serial cheating wife exposed on Facebook profile of dearbornmt@yahoo.com.

Married college instructor in Helena Montana has affair after affair and refuses to stop. Husband knows does nothing.

She lost teaching position because of Facebook details.

She coerced married male student to have sex. At the time her pursuit began she was seeing at least two other men

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
hmmm

The way you wrote this makes me feel so so about taking her back.

Married that long and instead of talking, and refusing counseling, she moves out?

She forgets her husband date?

She agrees to dating the guy.

She sits there and allows the guy to fondle her in public, doesnt jump up, scream, etc?

Sure sounds bad.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago

She wants a separation to screw someone else then he needs to divorce her.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
What an Idiot, Carl Is

Carl should of just divorced her as-soon-as she left to go find herself..what a fool.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
SORRY

As someone else said, the guy should have stayed living in his mother's basement. Husband? Jerk!

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
1*

hubby is a moron and a wimp. wife is as dumb as a post and makes zero sense. great story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Hubby?

Is a brained moron. If that is how you would go about things you are a zero and deserve what ever happens to you. Why did brother have to see to the investigation. It was his job as soon as she gave him the name on their date. Hell as stupid as he is she sold dump him for someone with half a brain.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Hubby Needed To Place Limits On Her Freedom

Neighbors, Co-workers, friends, and even family cause more divorces than they help to strengthen marriages. And the important thing to remember is the people who are doling out marital advice are not licensed professionals, they do not stand to lose a thing if your marriage deteriorates. No one but you and your husband stood before a clergyman or justice of the peace in front of family and friends and shared the vows you expressed before God to your husband nor did they share in his vows before God to you. In short, anyone but your husband is only a troublemaker. You should not be sharing private information about you and your husband to others. Would you like it if every old boyfriend sat down with your husband and told him every tiny little detail of your time with them?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Oh come ON!

She's dating and fucking around. He can't possibly do anything but divorce her. And you want to blame her actions on him! What a joke. God awful ending.

MartyMBMartyMBabout 7 years ago
Incredibly Stupid

For Paige to separate from Carl without telling him why is so incredibly stupid. Every husband deserves to know why his marriage is having trouble. How did she become so clueless, thinking that spending *six months* apart would help?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Paige, The Stupid Wife

I would of filed for divorce as-soon-as she left to find herself. Going to find oneself is about as-stupid-as it gets.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
sore eyes

From reading dozens of comments that were almost as long as the story.

Enjoyed your tale, however I have never understood how being separated and only seeing each other a couple of hours every month did any relationship any good

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
Pretty much a stupid, unrealistic story

The wife asks for a separation out of the clear blue sky and the husband barely asks why. Instead, he's more concerned about what the wife will do for "relief" during the separation. Really? That's his main concern? He doesn't feel the need press his wife as to why she feels they have to separate? Totally unrealistic story, and for that matter, dialog.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
5 HEY ANNONY

Your comment is Pretty much a stupid, unrealistic bitching and crying from the asshole of LIT! Dear Annony!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
UGH!!!

The dialogue sounds like adolescence! Instead of sounding like the mature, successful business man he is, he sounds more like a 15 year old.

Anonymous made the comment about him wondering how she would get relief instead of why she wanted the separation, which was a good observation! He certainly didn't sound very mature there. The whole thing seems implausible.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
What!

Story idea: Good. Dialogue: between husband and wife not good. Story although about adults seemed like it was about grade schoolers. Work on your dialogue.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
my take

Reading wife's statements, she was bad mouthing husband to colleagues at work.

They suggested separation as she had portrayed husband in such a bad light.

Discussing details of marriage with non-professional therapist or spouse is never good idea.

She admits to having numerous masturbation sessions with other guy as fantasy lover.

Then dates him twice.

If guy had been less agressive she would have soon fallen.

Demanding separation without setting up couples therapy is indication separating spouse wants out.

Your quick ''save of marriage'' did not fit rest of your story

cabbage01132cabbage01132over 6 years ago
good story 5*

felt a bit rushed to me though, not enough dialouge or explanation from either side not enough emotion either and while ive no problem with reconciliation she left him coldly with no explanation other than "i need to find myself" she didn't defend her husband, went on dates with another man, all happened too fast.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Therapy

"I don't want, or need to tell my issues to someone else." Except for my co-workers. Not my spouse, certainly.

1. A councelor has heard worse, much worse than anything that you have to say. If you confess murder, it might make their top ten. More importantly, a councelor will not remain in your life, like your friends will. By this I want to remind you that things that you say to friends will haunt you for life. Also, while you may forgive your spouse for any wrongdoing your friends never will. At the end of the story she's back with the husband but many of the folks at work still think that he can't get it up (why else did she start dating?)

2. Theirs were everyday marital problems, nothing at all unusual. A trained therapist would have moved the process along much more quickly. They have seen it before.

3. Not wanting to see a professional can be a fairly good sign that lack of communication is much of the problem. Another sign is the fact that he didn't know that anything was wrong until she revealed that she was moving out. Its kind of like trying to improve someone's job performance by just calling them in and firing them. In this story, the wife tried to fix the lack of communication by isolating the spouses from each other (how smart is that?).

4. She seemed upset about their dates that he really hadn't spent the prior month working on the problems of their marriage. The ones that she wouldn't reveal to him.

OPrimeOPrimeabout 6 years ago
Humph!

Don't think I could love some one enough to let them do what she did and then ask her to come home.

I would need more time to think about why I would need someone who bad mouths me at work, someone I couldn't trust, and is a selfish shit to boot!

Oh no, not with about 3.5 billion other women on earth.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Sorry, she’s history

I could not ever trust her again. What if she decides she needs to find herself bored again in time....and needing to find herself again the next time some asshole says hi to her. Nope...she can do all that single

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Cunt!

Should have divorced her sorry ass as soon as she started this shit!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
wimps

Simply put; all your male story characters are gutless wimps. I'm not going to bother with reading any more of your stories. I prefer husbands with backbone.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
Marriage Counseling Is A Joke

Marriage counselors are always wanting to save a marriage for the wife. The husband is always at fault. He is expected to eat shit and enjoy it. All of her infidelities are to be forgiven and forgotten. The husband should even work with her while she continues to see another man or men. Divorce court judges are the biggest pimps in the area. I would never vote to convict a husband for killing his cheating wife or her lover(s).

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
Complete bullshit

She could have been getting gang banged at work and the PI wouldn't have known. He should have divorced her for abandonment. This was one of the worst RAAC's EVER!

1 star

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Cuck cuck cuck shit

Oh honey please come back. What you can't see because you have a date. That's okay. I love you. Please come back. Crikey. What drivel.

My ending. Let her come back for one nigt. Forcibly ass fuck her as pentance. Then kick her silly arse out.

danoctoberdanoctoberover 5 years ago
Skank.

Not misunderstood. Skank.

Mauser45Mauser45over 5 years ago
Curious to c...uck?

Pure bullshit. Fucking hell, where are all the guys with fucking backbones on Lit?!

MightyHornyMightyHornyover 5 years ago
Simply put:

He's a simp.

She's a headcase.

They're going to have some pretty fucked-up kids.

At least it was well written. But man, do I detest every single character in this.

You've done better, author. And I have no doubt you already know that. ★★★

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
THE WOES OF A SERIAL CUCK -SISSY BITCHBOY.

Do not breed more weak cuck and cuckquene offspring.

cybojicybojiover 5 years ago
Seperated with no reason

Yes, this would mean the end. No question. Fin....5

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Horseshit

She wants to find herself? Well give her a divorce and let her find herself. Just don't do it in her husbands face while pulling his chain. This husband is the typical MM husband. No balls. Horrible story.

tazz317tazz317over 5 years ago
WHO NEEDS ENEMIES

when you have friends and co-workers, TK U MLJ LV NV

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Nope

Nobody wants to be married to a dingbat. Dump this cow because the stupidity is just getting started. Six months to "find herself"? Seriously? Well here's where she can find herself; In court, looking crazy while the judge decides who gets what in the divorce.

Ridiculous story about a wimp husband and a cheating wife.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
Hate

All of you guys that want to see marriages go up I'm flames, have apparently never been in love.

danoctoberdanoctoberabout 5 years ago
The beginning of the end.

The female lead in this story was not likeable. She was a centered woman who demonstrated by her actions she was unworthy of her husband's affection, trust, and loyalty. Very well written and worth the time to read. Thanks for sharing author.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago

If he was good enough at business to get rich and retire early, he is smart enough to know this wife is a bad risk and bad investment. Get the divorce.

OPrimeOPrimeabout 5 years ago
He took her back?

Seriously, is the guy insane. Out on a date with another guy and he isn't having her served. Change the locks and file. He should have done that the first day after she moved out!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
ANOTHER BULLSHIT STORY

I'm done with your stupid bullshit stories!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
I liked it

If I recall a lot of what happened with her at work was unknown to him. So he had no idea about people thinking he was bad in bed, poor husband , wimp, etc. So he loves his wife and when she wants back, in his eyes other than the date why not?

For me, the separation alone would be a deal breaker. Once she said separation damage is done big time. If she would not go to counseling then it would be divorce. If she wants back maybe we start all over doing but if she goes on a date then no RAAC.

ctdansctdansalmost 5 years ago
I wonder about the business

If he had a way to protect his business that was so close to being where he wanted it for retirement would he had said no to the separation and had gone straight for divorce on day one?

He loved his wife but he commented that a divorce would kill the business.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
What can I say

This husband had a lot more patience than I would of had . First their would not of been a seperation unless there was weekly counseling . I said weekly counseling

since I would neverbof agreed to less than weekly date nights . Oh and yes I would not need a brother to hire a P.I. .But then this is after all just a story isn't it ?

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Separations

Are yuppy feminist ego trips.

How can any issue in a marriage be solved by living apart and not talking? If your roof is leaking you don't move and ignore it, hoping for the best.

Trial separations are for one thing, and one thing only. They are an excuse for women to "See what else is on offer", guilt free, while still having a fall back plan, a safety net if you will. "Good ole hubby will be sitting there waiting patiently, if I can't find a new guy I like better".

You'll note that men never ask for a separation, they just leave. Women always like to have a safety net behind them.

Separations are the height of selfishness. I want to be alone. I want to see if I want to stay with you. I want to see if I can find anything better. Me, me, me... No thought of US. No thought or consideration give to the husband, just “Wait here, and I'll let you know, when I decide if I have a use for you, whenever that may be”.

No marital issue has EVER been solved by a separation. You cannot fix something if you refuse to even discuss it, or even give a clue as to what that issue is. It's like going to the doctor and saying "Doctor, I feel unwell. I won't tell you my symptoms, or answer any questions. I want no tests. I'll be back in 6 months for a cure”.

If she wants to find herself, tell her there will be no separation, that you are filing for divorce in the morning. See how fast she finds herself then! If she still wants a separation then, file anyway, because she just wants to cheat on you, while telling herself it's ok, because "I'm on a break from my wedding vows".

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
A bit scant...

...on detail in important parts of the story. Gave it 2 stars but it had the potential to be much better.

calflashcalflashover 4 years ago
her reasons

Her reasons for the separation were never revealed. They seemed to have had a good marriage and (at least on the surface) no plans on her part to "experiment" which begs the question: Why?

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
What kind of female thinking is: We should separate so I can find myself!

What kind of bullshit is that? The wife moves out and is only willing to date her husband once a month but she has contact with her boyfriend for the rest of the month! Then for her third monthly meeting she cancels her monthly date with her husband to go out with her boyfriend. I would have presented the wife with divorce papers to smarten her up! This wife deserves to divorced based on her actions.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Separation?

Quit kidding yourself and just divorce. Paige had a screw loose or two. No amount of marriage counseling can fix that crazy.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
At home things were difficult for a time. Our counseling opened up some things that I hadn't been aware of

like that I was a spineless piece of shit cuck

NoBullAlNoBullAlabout 4 years ago
Really!! She needs SIX months to “FIND HERSELF”??

At least he has enough sense to get an agreement signed but then he just lets everything go to hell. First date is hell second is worse! Time to give the bitch a solid kick in the ass! File for divorce... either she moves or she doesn’t... problem solved either way!!

Just_WordsJust_Wordsalmost 4 years ago
Good story, but...

...what is it with these wives who listen to their friends too much? And they are afraid to stand up for their marriage when some boss starts hitting on them? How weak can they get? Do they have no spine? Are they just gutless and pushed around by every catty half-ass "friend" they have? I ask because I've known a few and they aren't worth a dime.

tazz317tazz317almost 4 years ago
A LOT OF SOMETIMES

when confessing to the counselor but at what cost. TK U MLJ LV NV

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
The best aspect of this story is no mention of children

I have concern for neither the husband or wife in this story. There is practically nothing to admire about either of them. To be a young child of this marriage would be torture. Thankfully we were spared bearing witness that horror.

Hopefully they both retire and live in seclusion for the rest of their self centered, meaningless lives.

WargamerWargamerover 3 years ago

What a pair of prized idiots. The truth is they would’ve divorced.

Scores 2/5

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Find Herself?

So how'd she lose herself in the first place, eh? Is loosing yourself like loosing your car keys? and it take six months to find yourself again.

Shit, that women couldn't find her ass with both hands, a flashlight, a map and 6 months to look for it. She was looking to leave her marriage and wanted freedom for six months to explore her options. The dating once a month was pure feminine bullshit to string him along while she figured out her exit plan.

Husband should have just divorced her especially after her breaking the separation agreement by going on a date. No need to let her get you into the "pick me" dance just so she can get some ego kibble to make her feel better about herself. Self identify and self assurance comes from within and not looking for others to validate your value as an individual.

26thNC26thNCover 3 years ago
Good story

After reading a few comments, I almost skipped it. It turned out to be a pretty good story. I enjoyed it.

ScorpioJJScorpioJJabout 3 years ago

She should have found herself on the street. She did everything wrong and her sap of a husband took her back. What will happen next time?

Rancher46Rancher46about 3 years ago

Great drama for this marriage and since she was pressured into the date or loose her job and did not sleep with the jerk I would say that a reconciliation was ok. Good read 4 stars

nixroxnixroxalmost 3 years ago

stupid story line - I hate it.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Good well written story. In real life if a marriage has reached this stage then divorce is almost inevitable.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago
NFW!

Me, I'd of started the divorce as-soon-as she walked out the door when she left to go, "find herself".

bigurnbigurnalmost 3 years ago

What a crock ! Another story about a fool of a man and a selfish bitch of a woman. No man could be that naive.

TMSPTGR3TMSPTGR3over 2 years ago

What reality is this supposed to be?

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Horrible.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

This husband is a complete wimp, like all the other husbands in these stories. I think the author must be female. So we've got a wife in this story who whines that she's not getting enough attention from her hardworking husband. She refuses to mention she has a narcissistic need to be babied and petted.

.

So she moves out, still pouting while being encouraged by the shrews she works with, still refusing to tell her husband what's wrong, but expecting him to come crawling and begging for her to come home. After a while, she decides the best thing to do is to start dating other men.

.

She's too stupid to mess with: dump her before your company gets big. Find someone intelligent who's able to act like an adult, not a small child that needs to held in your lap.

.

Gawd, you write stupid women and wimpy men. Glad I don't live in your world.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

She deserved to be divorced for causing her husband so much unnecessary pain.

Martyr2002Martyr2002almost 2 years ago

She cheated on her husband, full stop. Dating someone other than your spouse is cheating. He deserves a wife with a functional brain and an understanding of fidelity.

Ocker53Ocker53almost 2 years ago

The wife is an idiot and a slut and the husbands is brain dead moron⭐️⭐️⭐️

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Stupid story, stupid author!

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

"Of course, we were just friends. Oh, that bruise on my throat? It's ahhhhh, a... ahhh... mosquito bite! Yeah, it's just a mosquito bite that I scratched!"

OPrimeOPrimeover 1 year ago

Carl's a wimp. When she said separation he should have said divorce!

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

have a special place for your fellow nutless men huh.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

He should have divorced her, so tired of the "I need to figure out myself" bullshit. You can do that while still in a relationship.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

I was conflicted while reading the story. I guess there was a loss of reality with a 6 month separation for no reason other than inner emotions. To me him demanding her having 6 month canceling or divorce would of been a better response.

Hiram325Hiram325about 1 year ago

Fuck her, idiot woman. Carl the Simp could do one hell of a lot better than some pathologically confused, emotionally unavailable twat.

MasterKoteMasterKoteabout 1 year ago

She was deceitful and he forgave her easily. Should've stayed separated

KRD19254KRD19254about 1 year ago

Nope, wrong ending and I'm not into the BTB or against RAAC. But Paige REFUSED to talk to her husband and she forced the separation and then willfully tested the dating waters. Paige ONLY relied on office-gossip-mongers for advice and not family/Brenda. Paige refused Carl's request for counseling/help.

\

Page wanted out and was willing to put Carl through hell to get what SHE wanted, the princess syndrome. She was pushing Carl to seek the divorce so she could by the wronged martyr with clean skirts.

\

No where in this story was Paige's problems mentioned/covered; why only a separation could fix her imaginary relationship issues?!?

\

Carl's problem is he thinks with his little head. By Paige's methods and actions BROKE the TRUST. No kids after ~9yrs marriage? Why bother being married if not for a family?

\

2.9*** Hooyah, but could have been so much more, this RAAC stinks....

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

She did the crime, she should have paid for that with a divorce. Disrespect and lying killed them.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

She wanted a 6mo separation to find herself, with only monthly "dates" with her husband. First off, he should've insisted on seeing somebody, as she's not talking to her husband. IF he does agree on any separation, it's only 2 months, not 6. As they saw the lawyer, hubby should say that the separation becomes divorce if she's not back then.

.... It's also stated that somebody in the office's talking to him & giving him info that's possibly exaggerated. In the story, he never mentioned that. Nor, after 2 disasterous dates, they won't be meeting again if she's not talking TO him. Of course, that would've made that time where he beat her date non existent. But by then, it's over the 2mo separation he gave her.

... Lastly, he never thought of hiring a PI? Not that he couldn't afford it, he never thought of it! She suddenly tells him of the separation, already has someplace to live, doesn't tell him what's wrong, and he doesn't think to have somebody to follow her? Book & work smarts don't lead to common sense. 4 stars on an interesting (overall) & well written story. Bob

OvercriticalOvercriticalabout 1 year ago

What was she going to learn in 6 months alone? He should have made more of an effort to get counseling or at least spend some serious time talking through their problems. Neither is worth talking about as people or characters in a worthwhile story. 2*

xtc5xtc5about 1 year ago

I like the story, but couldn't get over the fact that the husband was fine with her going on a date after saying there would be NO dating by either of them. Also she didn't say she was cutting off sex as they would be dating once a month in part because of their libido. I still gave the story 4*.

Thanks for sharing your work

Schwanze1Schwanze1about 1 year ago

Should have dumped her immediately

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

The agreement was that neither one would date. I like his intervention. It shouldn't be criminalized

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Date plus hand on ass

Over

She could have yelled screaming etc

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

husband is an idiot and a wimp to boot. Let his wife walk all over him because she had to "figure out what she really wanted?" Sorry, marriage doesn't work that way and he is a fool to not divorce her skank ass and get as far away from this lying selfish slut before she ruins him for good. Or, he could have tied her to a chair in the bedroom and fucked some hot young piece of ass while he tried to figure himself out!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

The husband's simple assault would carry no actual time....community service, suspended sentence, etc. But, given the sexual assault ( not "harassment ", which could lead to a civil suit), NO prosecutor would pursue Charles complaint. And, yes, putting your hand up a woman's skirt when it is not wanted is sexual assault.

Boyd PercyBoyd Percyabout 1 year ago

This is one reason I always look at the Feedback Portal. You get to re-read old stories. Though I follow Curious2c, he hasn't posted anything since 2012. I hope he is able to post something new!

5

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Where there's smoke, there's fire. Old adage doesn't make it any less true. He should have divorced her.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous