All Comments on 'Settling a Score'

by tennesseered

Sort by:
  • 35 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
Very good!

You know somebody who called his dog Karma?

“Why did you call your dog Karma?”

“Because Karma is a bitch.”

PowersworderPowersworderabout 5 years ago

So the whore ruins the lives of two men and lives happily ever after.

I rated it accordingly.

frazodfrazodabout 5 years ago
Frick

I don't know how to rate this (I did at 5*), but man...this had to be hard to write.

I didn't even enjoy this "tale". But, wow, it's going to keep me up tonight. Very powerful writing (IMHO) .

Thank you for writing....

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
That was simply ugly

Yes. You told a tale. No. It wasn't worth reading. It was just depressing. What? A tale of warning? Nope. A tale of violence and abuse in which no one won and all lost.

1 star

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
I don't get it. If he was willing to go to prison for beating the asshole, . . .

then why not add beating the slut? Was this supposed to be some kind of fucked up chivalry, or karma for vengeance served?

Divorce in haste. Get revenge at your leisure. He should have made up with her, taken her on vacation, and have her die in an accident. Maybe even let her give him a kid first.

What was the point of this story?

26thNC26thNCabout 5 years ago
Not your usual

But dark, hard, and very good.

HarddaysknightHarddaysknightabout 5 years ago
This was depressing, but

pretty well done. You packed a lot of information and emotion into a flash story.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
4*s

Really enjoyed your story.

Much better than the usual stuff you post. Gave you 4*s. I regret that I didn't give you 5. Catch you up next time tennesseered, lol.

AMerryman

patilliepatillieabout 5 years ago
Wow, haunting

And credible. Well done

amischiefmakeramischiefmakerabout 5 years ago
Ultra weird

but totally original. I really like original. 5* from me.

Bebop3Bebop3about 5 years ago
That Was Excellent

and deserved a much higher score.

SyzothSyzothabout 5 years ago
Refreshingly unique

There's a lot of emotions packed into this short story, and it weighs on you after you're done reading it.

Plus, it's nice to read something that doesn't follow the same 'ol tropes (everyone looks like a model and can fuck nonstop for days) and leaves enough to the imagination that you have to THINK.

Nice work, TR.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
torture

Never mess with a man's "BEST FRIEND"!

Wives can be lost but a good dog only comes once in a lifetime!

Smokepole

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
WHY DOES HE VISIT?.....

What makes him visit the ex-cop? He's brain damaged as a result of the cop's actions, how the fuck does he work up any sympathy for that asshole? And I have to agree with one f the previous comments about equality. We'll never know true equality until the baseball bat is taken to the cheating slut in equal measure.

ausfetausfetabout 5 years ago

Wow, very different from the usual LW schtick. Ruthlessness followed by - oh, what's the word? Acceptance? Letting go of the past? - seems to be a very male trait. Sins are forgiven even if they're not forgotten, and pragmatism sets in. Great concept, great execution.

UltimateHomeBodyUltimateHomeBodyabout 5 years ago
Damned sad

Shows nobody wins, except the cheating bitch.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
GOOD AND BAD

Got to give credit for a different thought process in the story line BUT the bottom line is it would / could never happen this way! Complete bullshit!

LwcbyLwcbyabout 5 years ago
The bitch should have paid!

WTF I read btb stories, because mine horribly fucked me over, literally broke me financially, and I almost went to jail for beating the fuck out of him. I got lucky,but I know from experience that it doesn't matter who he is if he's in your house fucking your wife, you're pretty much good... so this is fucked up, you suck!!!!!!!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
TROUBLE IS

I go to Literotica for entertainment and enjoyment. You can get plenty of sad realism from TV news and the newspaper.

This story did not provide me with enjoyment or satisfaction.

It did not fit my Literotica reading goals.

Sorry.

Paul in Oklahoma

moblanemoblaneover 4 years ago
A bit dour

You can do better than this it needs a little substance and a storyline! A line of memory from a damaged ex-husband is not entertaining reading!

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
wow another writer with no balls

you make it seem like it was a bad thing to beat the cops ass. and of course he doesn't lay a hand on the whore. If you go in for a penny go in for a pound. beat her ass to.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Caught me by surprise

That’s an unexpected ending. This is a different kind of story about cheaters and consequences.

Just_WordsJust_Wordsabout 4 years ago
That was very good. 5*****

It doesn't need to be fun to be good. That was a disturbing story, but believable. I don't see why being the Chief of Police should have anything to do with his trial, but I'm sure it did. A man who screws married women is not worthy of respect.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Yeah

The universe balanced. Thanks for your perspective.

LickideesplitLickideesplitalmost 4 years ago

Two characters are introduced, but their only purpose in the tale is to have X-Hubby tell his story once again. The less used eavesdropper has NO function unless a Ch2 was forthcoming, which seems unlikely. Was the ‘accountant’ part just a misleader or a preprison occupation, because it is unlikely he could do that anymore, nor would he need $200 a month from Sweetie. I DO like that he is the Fucking Cop’s only friend and visitor ... shows maturation.

4*

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

Great story, 5 stars.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Out of left field...

A most unusual story. A sudden flair of passion followed by two, maybe three lifetimes of regret. And none of it can be undone. But penance can be paid and should be paid to balance the universe. I get this. Will we ever learn?

Helen1899Helen1899about 3 years ago

Sad Story, well written 5*. I suspect there are lots of sad stories out there caused by cheating wives/husbands. Sad from both sides all for a bit of extra marital sex, I have to ask is it really worth it?

Just_WordsJust_Wordsalmost 3 years ago

Wonderful story and different. The ending is especially moving. I appreciate you sharing that with us.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Some cheating bitch ruins his life. And he becomes “friends” with the cop, who was helping her cheat. AND even tho it’s a crime of passion, he gets 15 years, and has to serve the whole sentence? Hey, they let convicted child molesters out after serving 50% of their time. Assuming it was a first offense, I doubt he gets 15 years. And I really don’t believe in any universe, he serves every day. Plus, making him out to be friends with the pile of Pig shit( pun intended) that was fucking his wife, was too much. Two stars, for effort.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

I'd have no regrets over beating the fuck out of the cop. He and the bitch had it coming. Only a corrupt culture protects adulterers. Fuck the sentimentality here.

JBEdwardsJBEdwardsabout 2 years ago

I found the story sad, and moving. Well written, and I enjoyed the way ir evolved as I read it. You have talent! 5*~~JB

LickideesplitLickideesplitover 1 year ago

If you are feeling TOO good, this would be a good tale to have bookmarked to get you back to normal!

unrated

Peter_ClevelandPeter_Clevelandover 1 year ago

Once again, Tennesseered does an impressive job of pulling the rug out from underneath readers' expectations. The hard-boiled "tough guy" prose style and persona are excellently rendered here. The three characters that frame the story could have wandered in from "The Maltese Falcon" or "Kiss Me, Deadly." But instead of a two-fisted tale of corrupt local government, private justice, and dames with legs up to here, TR has delivered a story of impressive moral and ethical maturity, complexity, and subtlety.

.

It's a meditation on the failure of violence to solve problems, on how violence begets violence, and on the moral necessity of at least trying hard to respond to an affront with love and forgiveness. Neither old Mole nor young Rooster seems to understand Joe's autobiographical parable, but the ex-wife and her second husband do.

.

Joe and the ex not only understand their past sins, they continue to make amends for them. And Joe understands that his sins are worse than hers. In the Christian hierarchy of sin, pride is located well above adultery. "That was my pride, my hubris," Joe tells us at the start. "I didn't take shit from no one." In fact, the ex turns out to be quite a decent person. Of course, forgiving women taken in adultery is a practice with historical precedent, as is forgiving those (like the police chief) who trespass against us.

.

This is a bold, original, engaging story with a complex and profound moral—very different from standard LW fare. Its erotic value is about zero, but its other virtues are many and strong. Easily 5*.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
usertennesseered@tennesseered
343 Followers
I hope you enjoy my stories. I'm an unschooled amateur fiction writer. I write about people and situations that I find interesting. I try to stay away from the usual thing. I post on Loving Wives because that's where the readers are. I moderate the comments on my stories. In ...