Seven Bad Years

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Laura replied, "I think that when you can step over your own shadow, you will like it and make you very happy. Now here goes nothing."

"You know that Tim has a new math teacher, don't you? And he is very fond of her"

Isaac only nodded.

"She desperately needs somewhere to live. The house she now lives in has been foreclosed and she must be out within a fortnight."

Isaac said, "Well, what's the problem?"

"Her name is Thomasina Manner. And I stress Manner and not Ramsday as you always thought."

Isaac sat stunned; mouth open but unable to make a sound. Finally, almost explosively, "What?"

Laura butted in, "You promised!"

"You're right," he grumbled.

Laura took Isaac's hands and with a soft voice she started to explain. "She never knew what they were doing to you. She thought the make-up artist was working on her portfolio. Her statements were falsified by Ramsday. Every time she went to the authorities to complain and wanted to see you and have you freed, she was rebuffed, because of Ramsday. The judge was on the Ramsday's payroll and until your sentence even your ex-wife thought it was only to pressure you into submission. And by the way, Tommie kneed Ramsday in his balls so hard he had trouble walking for a few days. I had her story checked by Fabian. Yesterday evening, he confirmed it all."

As Laura told the story, Isaac's face had shown a specter of colors, red, purple, and white, and as she finished, he was ashen. She shook his hands, looked at his face and saw tears running down his cheeks.

Isaac whispered, "Oh poor thing. So now what do we do?" His mind is in turmoil. He could only think, Almost 7 years lost!

Laura kissed him softly and lovingly to get Isaac out of his private hell. Finally, he snapped back. "Ramsday is going to pay for this. And that will be a very hefty bill."

"Don't do anything stupid please? I don't want the father of our child... Yes, all three tests were positive. That was the other thing I wanted to tell you. Ugg, where was I? Oh, the father of our child in prison again."

"That won't happen. I'm not going to do anything illegal to the bastard. But how are we going to handle Tommie?"

"Leave that to me. Can you Uber back home?"

"I can do better. The contractor will take me back. He must start with a quotation for the works at the house. If you agree with them."

Laura smiled. "Yor ideas sounded great; I have full faith in you. Now I'll go pick-up Tim and Tommie."

When she arrived at school, Tim came running and Laura whispered, "Can you call Ms. Manner for me?"

Tim took off again and was back moments later with Tommie, who looked a bit anxious. To take the edge off, Laura smiled as happily as she could and gushed; "I have a house for you."

"Really? Can I afford it too?"

Laura replied, "Oh yes. Easily. Hop in and we are going to take a look."

"Now?"

"Yes! Why not?"

Tommie took the plunge. She couldn't help herself trusting this woman and stepped into the car.

Laura drove home. Tommie was bewildered when they arrived at Laura's house. After Tim jumped out to go inside, Laura said, "Behold, your new house!"

Tommie was completely frazzled. "What the heck? This is your house!"

"Nope. I'm getting married. And you can afford it. Seriously. You only need to meet the landlord."

Tommie became suspicious. "I'm not going to sleep with him!" she cried.

Laura laughed out loud. "No dear, he wouldn't think of it."

Tommie still was flabbergasted. She asked, "When do I get to meet your mysterious landlord and when can I move in?"

Laura beamed when she said, "Now and tomorrow. For the 'now' part we only have to walk to the house next to us. By the way, that's also where Tim and I and the little Bambino are going to live."

Finally, the quarter dropped. Laura immensely enjoyed the looks Tommie showed. Mouth open, mouth closed again, only to open to utter an incomprehensible sound. She went from white to red and finally was able to stutter, "My, my, my...."

"Your dad. Yes. And he dearly wants to meet you; we're getting married because your little half-brother or sister is underway. Laura gushed happily.

Tommie experienced a plethora of emotions. Elation because she had a proper place to live, happiness because she would get to see her dad, and surprise because of her becoming a big sister. There was also a lot of trepidation because she didn't know what to say to her dad. In the almost seven years that he was gone,, she'd rehearsed complete speeches and dreamed up scenarios for one way or another about their reunion, but now she can't come-up with any of them.

Laura took Tommie by the hand and so softly forced her to what she now called the main house. Tim ran ahead and knocked loudly on the door as he always did. Isaac opened and said a tad nervous, "Hey big boy! Are you alone?"

Tim bounced and called, "No, mum is coming with my math teacher. She is going to live in our house!"

"Is that so?" Isaac looked at the two women and said, "O, wow, this is a sight to behold, the two most beautiful and important women in my life, side by side."

When the women arrived at his doorstep, he whispered softly, with a tremor in his voice, "Tommie, you have become such a beautiful woman. May I hug you?"

Tommie almost jumped in his arms crying, "Daddy!"

They stood for a long time savoring the moment until Laura called them inside.

Once inside, Tommie took a good look at her father. He'd changed, changed a lot, actually. He looked even older than through the binoculars. It was to be expected but it seemed that he aged considerably more than seven years. His face was lined, especially around the eyes, which gave him a melancholic look. She remembered that her father always felt a bit 'padded' around the waist. Now she noticed that there was no 'padding' to speak of. Skin, muscles and bones. "Oh, Dad, I'm so sorry."

Laura interrupted their tearful reunion. "Maybe it's best if you two keep getting reacquainted somewhere private while I start supper. I'll take it that you'd like to stay for supper, too, Tommie?"

Tommie walked over to Laura and hugged her hard. "Thank you so much. I'm so happy now and it's all because of you, Mom."

Laura smiled with wet eyes, "I will do anything to make my Isaac happy. Now, go talk to your dad."

Isaac and Tommie sat comfortably in the den where one corner was furnished with comfortable chairs and side tables. Isaac offered Tommie a soft drink while he said, "In jail there was no alcohol but for what they themselves made. I never touched the stuff and when I got out, I decided I could do without. I don't mind if others are drinking though."

Tommie nodded while she said, "I don't know where to start? Do you really offer me Laura's house? I can think of some complications."

Isaac laughed gently. "I thought of that. The only problem that can arise is the restraining order she'd put on me. I understand that she has no place to live when out of jail and you have room enough. Tommie, listen carefully. It is your house because you are Laura's tenant and as such, I can't forbid you having guests and I won't. But, and that's the only but, your mother has to keep her distance from me. I don't want her in my vicinity. That means my garden and at my front door. She is not welcome. I'll ignore her when I see her in the street. If you can live with that..." The rest of the question remained unspoken.

"I understand, Dad. It's just until she gets her feet on the ground again. There are also other reasons why I don't want my mother to live with me indefinitely."

Isaac raised an eyebrow but kept silent.

Tommie took a deep breath and gushed. "I have a boyfriend and it's becoming quite serious. I will need the space and privacy and really, we don't get along since she lost her mind over that asshole. I hope that mother will find a job and living space as soon as humanly possible."

Isaac picked up the sentiment and replied, "She still is an accountant? Maybe I can help her with a job. She ought to have enough money to pay for something to live in. I paid almost half a million to get rid of her. There should be something left of that."

"No, Dad. She's been plucked bare by that asshole and the asshole is completely broke now. Last I heard was that he had to use his whole fortune paying reparations. And, yes, she still is a registered accountant and, since asshole, also a paralegal."

"Karma can be a bitch. I'll see if I can find her a job, but don't tell her. I reckon that you visit her in prison?"

Tommie nodded yes and that was the moment that Laura called that dinner was ready.

=====

A few weeks later Isaac and his daughter were chatting in the den of the big house. He asked Tommie, "When did you visit your mother for the last time?"

"Just before I came to live here, I think."

"Remember, it's your mother. You have only one, so please keep in touch with her. You might regret it when you don't."

Before Tommie could answer there was a loud knock on the door. Isaac said. "That's Fabian. He's the only one who knocks like that," and he went to the door.

Tommie heard the rumbling sound of the giant man telling Isaac, "Doc, may I introduce my son, Julian?" Hearing this, she fled the room to see Laura.

Meanwhile Fabian went on, "He makes me proud. Despite having his father in prison, he became a teacher. When he told me that he wanted to see you, I thought that I'd like to see you too,"

Julian, with a beet red head, stammered, "Pleased to meet you, Sir. My dad told me a lot about you. But actually, I came to ask you something."

"Uhh, alright, just ask."

A very uncomfortable silence ensued with Julian looking at his feet before he said, softly, "In private, please?"

Isaac led him into the den and found Tommie already gone. He directed Fabian's son to a chair and when seated he asked, "What can I do for you, Julian?"

Julian rushed the words out, "Sir, I want to ask Thomasina to marry me. We've been in love with each other for a long time now and I think it's time to make an honest woman out of her. With your blessing. That's what I came for, Sir, to ask for your blessing."

Isaac smiled from ear to ear. He called, "Thomasina Manner! I know that you're listening, so come out of hiding and present yourself!"

Tommie bounced into the den, smiling. "Yes, Daddy?"

"This nice young man wants to marry you and asks for my blessing. Should I give it?"

"Yes, please, Dad. I would like that very much."

Isaac got out of his chair and held out his hand. "You have my blessing, son. Take good care of my daughter. Time to celebrate!"

Isaac was following after Julian to the living room when Tommie held him back. "Daddy?"

"Yes, dear?"

"Julian doesn't know yet; I'll tell him in a minute, but we're a bit in a hurry now. You're going to be a granddad in about 7 months. The doctor confirmed it this morning."

"Tommie, girl, you make me so happy that I could burst. Fancy a double wedding? Together with Laura and me?"

"That would be nice. We'll talk it over later when Fabian is gone?"

They went into the living room where Laura had a smirk on her face but Fabian looked utterly oblivious of what was going on. When Isaac was seated, Julian said to Fabian with a very big and happy smile, "Dad, may I introduce you to my, soon-to-be, wife? This is Thomasina. Mr. Manner just gave us his blessing. Can we have yours too?"

Fabian's face was a sight to behold. He was completely flabbergasted. He uttered, "Yes, of course, if you want that."

Isaac hugged him. "Come on big friend. Now we become family, in more ways than one. Who would've thought that, eh?"

Across from them, Julian looked confused. "What?"

Tommie, with a very happy face, told Julian, "Yup, you're going to be a daddy."

Julian made a little happy-dance while Tommie explained to the others, "When we decided to stay together, we also decided that we wanted to have children while we're still young so we stopped using condoms. Julian's first salvo was a direct hit. So, Mr. Small, you are getting a daughter and a grandchild."

====

Two weeks later Lydia sat in front of her daughter. "You are looking radiant, Tommie."

"Yes mother. I have a place to live and I am going to get married. Life treats me well."

"Oh, that's nice. Where do you live and when is the wedding?"

Tommie rattled the address and enjoyed the look on her mother's face when she recognized it.

"That is next to where Isaac used to live. How can you afford that?"

"It is next to dad. He still lives there. I found him and we reconnected."

Lydia, despite herself, became curious. "How did you find him?"

"Sheer luck. The son of his neighbor, Laura, was a student of mine. He showed me a little robot and told me that he made it together with his neighbor. When I noticed the address, I went to see what he looked like. Laura saw me stalking and she came out, asking what I was doing. I explained and within a few weeks she had us talking to each other. To answer your other question, dad owns all 5 houses there. That's why I can afford it."

Lydia went silent and tried to process this information. She asked timidly, "When's the wedding?"

"We're waiting till you are out of prison and because you are still officially my mother, you're invited."

Lydia perked up. She would get to see Isaac again and he couldn't walk out of his daughter's wedding. Maybe she could try to talk to him...and who knows?

She asked her daughter, "Can I stay with you when I'm released? I've nowhere to go now the house is sold. I need a new job too."

Tommie took a deep breath. She didn't want Lydia to know that her father already took care of the job. She just said, "You can come and live with me until the baby arrives. By then I'll need the room. About a job, did you talk to ExConv Services? They specialize in helping convicts to get a job or a business."

"Your baby? Are you expecting? Why didn't you tell me that in the first place? From the way you talk to me I reckon that you still are mad at me. Can't you forgive me?"

Tommie was stunned for a moment. Is she really that dense? She replied, not holding the anger out of her voice, "Mother, it's only because Dad tells me that I only have one mother and that I must keep connected. Otherwise, you'd have seen the last of me when you went to jail. You cost me more than 6 precious years with my father. And why? Because you were too selfish and too cowardly to do the right thing. And now we're at it, I talk a lot with dad's girlfriend. About everything, including sex. She told me a few things dad did to her in bed, so I instructed my future husband. I almost had a lift-off when I came after that. And she told me that dad does that to her every time they make love. I really don't understand that you fell for that asshole when you had my father. How could you have done that?"

It was Lydia's turn to be stunned at the onslaught. She kept silent; iIt was obvious to her that she had to iron out some serious issues with Tommie. It also came as a shock that Isaac had a girlfriend. She never thought that Isaac could have moved on so quickly after being released. She also didn't expect him to go and live at the house that brought him so much misery. Knowing that it was trashed since she went there once after splitting up with Peter, she also wondered how he got all the money to repair it.

When Tommie left and Lydia was back in her cell, Tommie's harsh words still reverberated inside her head. She left Peter almost immediately when it was obvious that she had been played and her money suddenly had disappeared. He wanted Isaac out of the way, not only because he wanted her but he also wanted the location for his smuggling activities. When she found him clutching his crotch in front of Tommie's room, she had more than enough.

Lydia had tried to be a good mother for Tommie and thought that Tommie's almost hostile demeanor towards her came from her puberty. Now she realized how much she had hurt her little girl who seemed much more attached to her father than she ever thought. Tommie's words cut her soul deeply. It galled Lydia to no end that Tommie was pregnant and didn't tell her immediately after she said that she was getting married. Lydia realized that she needed to bridge a very deep and wide chasm before Tommie would open up again to her.

=====

Lydia sat in her room in Tommie's house.

It wasn't a warm welcome, but it was a welcome. Tommie didn't hug her but at least said, "Welcome back, Mother. You are our guest. May I introduce you to Julian Small, my future husband and father of our child?"

Introductions were made and Tommie went on, "You're free to use everything in this house. As long as you are looking for a job, you can use the laptop I put in your room. Did you contact ExConv yet?"

Lydia looked at her feet when she said, "I tried. But somehow, they weren't interested in me. It seemed like I was banned. Actually, there was no one who wanted anything to do with me the whole time I was there."

"I'll ask my dad. Maybe he knows why you weren't contacted," Julian remarked. "He's the one, among others, who has the last say in employing people through ExConv Services. He was also the one that, on Isaac's behalf, had it known that you were to be treated with respect and not to be harmed. Otherwise, you would've had a very rough time inside. Isaac is held in high regard."

"What does your father have to do with my hus, uhh ex-husband?"

"Mother, I know what you are thinking. Don't even try! Dad wants absolutely nothing having to do with you. Nothing, you understand!" Tommie interrupted angrily, stating it more as a command than a question.

Julian went on with telling the story of Isaac and Fabian. Another piece of the puzzle fell in place for Lydia. That's why she had an easy time, as far as easy goes. She decided to let off for a while. But deep inside, she wanted her life with Isaac back.

====

Tommie knocked and told Lydia she had a visitor. Startled Lydia went down. In the hallway stood a giant of a man. Julian was tall, but this man was as tall as he was and twice as wide. The mountain turned around and introduced himself with a low rumbling voice, "Good afternoon, I'm Fabian Small. Julian told me that you didn't receive an answer on your job request?"

"That's correct. I pretty much got the idea that I was to be avoided like the plague by everyone."

"You were to be avoided. That's correct. Your connection with Peter Ramsday put you in harm's way. So, I had a word out on Isaacs's behalf. He felt responsible. He was responsible for the evidence that in the end put you in jail. When Ramsday heard who delivered the evidence for his final demise he threatened you and my future daughter-in-law. Therefore, we had to put you in some kind of isolation. Now I heard you were looking for a job. Is that correct?"

"Yes, I was a registered accountant and I worked as a paralegal for the prosecutor until we were both arrested."

"A paralegal, accountant. Good, good. I run a company providing security and security systems. My company and the trust, IsBexcon Investments, needs an accountant. I can offer you a proper salary. We hire you for a month and after that, if you prove capable and compatible with our staff, you get a definite contract and we provide you with a place to live, rent free. There is one provision. You are not, in any way, to try and contact Isaac, I am your direct manager. Can you agree with that?"

"I have no choice, have I? I agree."

"Of course, you have a choice. You can say no."

Lydia was silent for a moment; she was taken aback at how far Isaac kept himself isolated from her. even though he took care of her immediate needs. She asked Fabian about it.

"The answer is simple. It's what we try to provide for all ex-convicts. The exception with you is that Isaac will not have anything to do with you...for obvious reasons."