Seven Unknowing Years

Story Info
It was years before I found out!!!
11.1k words
3.34
25.9k
27
0
Story does not have any tags
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

We are both twenty-eight and been married, for seven long passionate years. Life had been good to the both of us in those seven years? We had a daughter; she was five, six next month. She was the spit of her mother, even at the tender age of almost six.

My name is George Wellington, my wife's name is Julia, our beautiful daughters name is Susan. In the first year when we married. Julia...well...she had a short affair. It was with an ex-boyfriend of hers. They only met four times. While we were married.

The first time he came in a minute or so. The second time was the same. The third time he managed to last a bit longer. The fourth time was the last time. They were about to get down to it. When I found them in my bed. He didn't look quite as good when he left in an ambulance. With his face rearranged, nose pushed to one aide, both cheekbones broken, and six teeth missing.

Julia begged me to forgive her. And to forgive her. Which I did. Only for Susan's sake. She promised me she would never ever do anything like that again! I worshipped the ground she walked upon and being so deeply in love with her. Yes, I forgave her. But I watched her for months on end for the first year after that short affair. She was pregnant with our baby girl; Julia became a different person, mother and wife. After our daughter was born. She loved our daughter to bits and so did I.

Five years now had now past. Our love for each other had increased. In that time and because of our daughter. My memory of her affair had gone from my mind.

Then one day Julia had taken Susan to her parent's house. leaving Susan there with her grandmother. While she nipped out to the local supermarket to get our evening dinner. Then she would return to pick up Susan and come back home. That would have been her normal plan. But disaster happened. Julia was killed in a car accident!!

When I got home. Two police cars where outside the house were we lived. Julia car was not where it usually is. I pulled up on the short wide driveway heading for the front door. The police followed me.

"Are you Mr. George Wellington the husband of Mrs. Julia Wellington," an office said.

"Yes, I am why do you ask," I said.

"Mr. Wellington may we go inside," the officer said.

I open the door and we went inside my mind was thinking all sorts of things.

"Mr. Wellington please sit down."

That was when they hit me with the dreadful news. Julia had been killed in a car accident!!

I yelled at them where is my Daughter is she alright, which hospital is she in. I have to go to her right now. At that very moment the telephone was ringing. I was in no shape to answer the thing. One of the police men picked up the phone and answered it for me.

"Mr. Wellington cannot come to the phone right now. I am a police officer," he said.

Something else was then said.

"Mr. Wellington it's a lady, her name is Mrs. June Turner she want to speak to you," the office said.

It was Julia's mother. I had to take the phone from him. I was still in shock. At what the police had told me. Not shock. I was devastated.

"George why was police answering your phone. What have you done," Julia's mother said.

In the background. I heard Susan call out Daddy. I was crying at hearing her voice. Slumping into the chair next to the phone.

"George stops that. Put Julia on the phone," Julia's mother said.

My crying doubled. The policeman who answered the phone had taken it from me and was speaking to Julia's mother.

"Mrs. Turner. Can you come here immediately," the office said.

Something else was being spoken. Then he put the phone down.

He told me, "Mrs. Turner was on her way with your daughter Susan."

The tears poured down my face at the news that I had lost my wife. The police stayed with me. Until Julia's mother walked in with Susan was at her side.

"Daddy, daddy where's mummy," she called out to me. I was crying my eyes out at seeing my daughter. She was safe and sound.

"Mrs. Turner please sit down I have some shocking news to give to you," the office said.

The officer informed her. That her daughter had been killed in a car accident outside the supermarket road. Julia's mother went to pieces she was a bad as me. But me being a man I had to pull myself together as quickly as possible for my daughter's sake.

I pick up the phone and told Julia Father to come round right away. I put the phone down. He must have driven like a madman.

Julia Mother and father were a tower of strength. Her father knew how to control himself. He had taken control after the police had told him what had happed. Susan was our only concern. Susan kept on saying "Daddy why are you so upset, were is Mummy."

I managed to hold back my tears. Picking up my daughter hugging her so hard.

"Daddy you are hurting me," Susan said. She sounded like her mother.

The officer said," we have to go sorry about the bad news. You have our condolences."

They left.

The four of us were in shock But Julia's father had taken control. Somehow, he knew what to do. First thing he did was to stop his wife from crying it was upsetting Susan. I had a can of beer in my hand by now. Julia Father took it from me. Telling me to sit down and hold Susan.

He picked up the phone to call my parents. They arrived in minutes. Our parent's stood away from me and Susan. I had to hold my lovely daughter. I had no idea what they were talking about. But I did know one thing. It was for the good of both of us.

We had to eat something. We order the famous pizza for the six of us. All the time Susan was asking for her mother. After we had eaten. It was time Susan had to go to bed. Susan was tucked up in bed. By both her grandmothers. I sat and stared at the wall. I had no idea of how to tell her that her mother would not be coming back home.

Susan fell asleep and the grandmothers came into the living room. There was a lot of talking going on by the four of them. I was still staring at the wall. My father broke my stare.

"Son, we know you have to work so we four are going to look after Susan for you. What I mean is, her grandmothers will look after her while you are at work. Do you understand what I am saying to you son."

I looked at dad and nodded my head, My head fell in my hands the tears came back.

"Son, Julia's mother and her father are stopping the night. Mrs. Turner is going to look after Susan until we have sorted thing out. Do you understand me son."

I nodded my head.

More talking went on I was in limbo land. My parents left Mrs. Turner went and made sure the bed in the spare room was ready. Hell, I want a drink not one but a dozen or so. That was no way to go. Susan was now my priority. I went to bed climbing in my side of the bed. There was no warm body there for me to hold on too or cuddle up too.

Tossing and turning the aroma of Julia was still there from the night before. Burying my head into my pillow. I cried myself to sleep. Julia's parents were up before me.

When I woke, "Good morning," I said to Julia.

It then all came flooding back to me. My wife was dead but my daughter was safe. Climbing out of bed heading to the kitchen I needed a drink. In there already was Julia's parents.

"Morning had a rough night," Mrs. Turner said.

I nodded and she handed to me a drink of hot sweet tea.

"Can I make you something to eat," Mrs. Turner said.

My head move from side to side. Then Susan walked in.

"Where's mummy," she said.

"I will tell you later," Mrs. Turner said.

My eyes shut; my head fell forward. I did not know what to say to my daughter. Thank God Mrs. Turner had said," I will tell you later."

Mrs. Turner said. "what does a big girl like you would like to eat for her breakfast."

"We have cereal and eggs on toast most mornings Mummy knows how I like them," Susan said to her grandmother.

This day was going to get harder by the second. Mrs. Turner had taken control in the house. Mrs. Turner put in front of Susan her cereal. Then she made breakfast for the four of us.

"Come on young lady if you don't eat up you will be late for school. And you have not had a wash or cleaned your teeth yet, and you have to get dressed. Come on get a move on," Mrs. Turner said.

Mr. Turner said," ring in work and tell them about Julia. You need leave of absence. I mean compassionate leave to sort things out."

Susan dressed any ready for school.

"Daddy when will mummy be coming home."

Mr. Turner said," come on or we will be late."

Mrs. Turner drove Susan to school.

I picked up the phone and asked for my boss. He was a director. I told him what had happened and needed to take compassionate leave to sort things out. Now I had to sort the funeral out. Money from the insurance company. I had to get a death certificate from the hospital for proof of death of Julia. That was going to take an hour of two. Then the funeral director turns up at the house. That was going to be painful.

My parents had turned up while I was at the hospital. To help sort things out. I wanted to give Julia, a good send off for a loving devoted wife. It was going to cost. But it was not going to stop me. The funeral was all arranged.

Mrs. Turner left to pick up Susan from School. Know I had to be stronger than I had ever been before in all my life. Telling Susan her mother had left us for ever and gone to heaven.

Mrs. Turner was back, Susan ran through the door shouting out Mummy, Mummy. The biggest lump anyone could have was in my throat. My eyes started to fill up. I grabbed hold of Susan and hugged her. Hiding my tears. I sat down with Susan on my knee.

"Daddy where's Mummy."

I looked at both grandparents for help. Mrs. Turner picked up Susan. Saying come with me and get changed. When Susan came back. I had to tell her that her mother was dead. I was still sat down in the middle of the three-seater couch.

Mrs. Turner sat on one side of me and my mother on the other side. Susan was on my knee. The three of told Susan her mother would not be coming home she has gone to heaven to see God.

"Daddy, does that mean Mummy is never coming back to us."

That lump was getting bigger by the second. My eyes were filling up. I had lost the love of my life. A faithful wife! Susan had lost a devoted mother. The grandparents where now taking control of my one and only daughter. It was time for dinner my mother had made it. Susan sat with me holding me tight. I was hugging her all the time.

After dinner we kept Susan up from her normal bed time. She was taken to bed by both her grandmothers. They stayed with her and read stories to her. Until she fell asleep. That was to become a regular thing until after the funeral.

Julia's friends where all told. The three of them visited with their children. Mostly for Susan's sake. That made me happy. Because they had not turned their back on a widower with a young girl to look after.

At the funeral Susan held my hand. I muttered to myself "fair well my love" bending down to pick up my daughter. Every one turned away. Leaving the six of us standing at the grave side.

My parents and Julia Parents had made a pack. To look after Susan after the funeral. so, I could go to work. I went back to work. Wrapping myself up in my work. Always there dead-on time. On my feet at the end of a day's work. Julia Parents and my parents were a tower of strength to me. Doing the everyday things. Cooking, washing our clothes doing the shopping and doing the dreaded ironing. The days went into weeks then into years.

Susan was a beautiful daughter, the twin of Julia. I now had a problem to deal with Susan was becoming a woman. I was so, so glad of Julia three friends they talked to Susan. They knew what was going on in her body. Julia three friends would take Susan shopping and she mixed with their children. Four girls and two lads. The boys had no interest in girls shopping. So, they opted out.

My parents and Julia's parents sat with Susan while I went out and had a few beers. My dad came with me and when Julia's father was there, we had a few beers. They told me over and over again Julia was never coming back. I would have to find a woman who loves children and would be willing to marry a widower. They were trying their best for me to get married. I wanted none of it.

Julia was my love and she would always be. There was no substitute for her.

No, I was not a monk I had plenty of one-night stands. And that's all there were ever going to be for me. For the rest of my life.

Susan was in her mid-teens. She never said a word to me when she heard me crying at night. Repeating Julia name over and over again. But she did every morning ask me how I was.

June one of Julia three friends had taken Susan out for shopping. She was growing up so darn fast. Every time I looked at her all I could see was Julia. This particular Saturday we were sat at home They were at the table looking at Susan's new clothes.

I was sitting close by. Partly listening to girl talk.

June said to Susan," Julia loved Bill when we were out on the town."

Partly closing my eyes and looking through the window. I didn't know anyone call Bill and as far as I could remember. Julia had never mentioned a man called Bill. June as made a mistake. I said to myself and let it pass.

A month or so had passed and Jenny one of Julia's friends had taken Susan out shopping. They came in with bags full. Because she had two daughters of her own. But they were not in my house. Jenny and Susan were sat at the table. I was close by. I was not earwigging. All Susan new clothes were all over the place. Girl talk, no it was woman talk.

They natter on and on. Jenny said to Susan when we were out on a girl's night out, she loves David. She realised she had dropped a name. Taking on. No, it was Dean I think of it now.

Julia had never mentioned a man called David or Dean. We had no friends of that name either. I was troubled at what I had overheard. But I let them get on with it. Time past for about thirty minutes Jenny was expecting me to say something. I never did. Susan asked me did I like her new clothes I told her I loved them. I thanked Jenny and asked her how much do I own her and then I paid her. She never looked at my face as she left?

Now I was thinking what June had said by accident. "Julia loved Bill." Who was this man called Bill. Then I was thinking what Jenny had said, "Julia love David or Dean." Which one was it or was it two different men. That was it I wanted to know the truth one way or the other.

June was going to be coming in two weeks' time to take Susan out. She always phoned to arrange a time. That next two weeks. I plan out what I was going to ask her. The Friday night the phone rang it was June. I asked her to come for Ten o'clock on Saturday. I never mention that Susan was at her grandmothers stopping over for the night and she would be back by eleven.

June knocked at the door. I let her in. I had the coffee on with cups ready on the table.

"So sorry June, I forget Susan will be here gone eleven she stopped at her grandmothers last night," I said.

I let June settle down drinking the coffee. Biscuits were on the table the ones she liked. We talk a while. I was watching the clock.

"June, I want you to tell me what went on. When the four of you went out on those girls' nights out when Julia was alive. "

"We dance and had a few beers and a song or too on the stage you know that," June said.

"Yes, I know that, But I want to know is what you said to Susan the other week," I said.

"Why George I have not said anything to Susan," June said trying to hide it.

"June why did you say to Susan the other week that Julia loved Bill, "I said looking straight in her face.

"I never said such a thing. Julia was in love with you, "June said It as convincing as she could.

"June don't take me for a fool. Who was Bill and why did you say Julia was in love with him."

June was trapped by her own mouth. Trying to think of a way out right then.

"Sorry George, I will have to call of our day out with Susan, "she said standing up to leave.

"June sits down and I want the truth here and now," I said.

"George, I have to go," she said.

"That's ok with me but. Does Tony know what the four of you were doing. On those girls Friday nights out. Because as of this instant. I know my Julia was fucking that man called Bill," I said.

"George, what are you going to do to me, Tell Tony he won't believe you," she said.

"June I will take a chance on that. But he may have other ideas. It's that simple. Tell me who the fuck Bill was. And how fucking long had Julia been cheating on me," I said.

June sat thinking hard but she had no choice tell me or try and bluff it out.

"June I also want to know here and now. Who the fuck was David or Dean she was in love with. One of them or both of them. And how long had she been cheating on me," I said in the cruellest voice I could muster.

June asks for more coffee and she told me she had four lovers Bill, David, Dean and Burt. But she loved me. It was only sex with each of them. There was no love she only ever wanted to be with you for the rest of her life.

That hit a nerve. Be with me for the rest of her life.

"June tells me their full names and where did they live. She had no option she told me everything I wanted to know. So, I made a note.

Susan walked in.

"Hi auntie June, give me ten minutes to change, "Susan said.

"George, please don't tell Tony. But I promise you I will tell him one day soon. It will break his heart if you tell him. I know him better than you It would not be half as bad coming from me," June said.

Susan was back of they went shopping.

My dead so called loving devoted wife, had cheated on me all our married life. There was only one or two words to call her. I wanted to go outside and scream out so all our neighbours could hear me.

My dead wife was a two-faced deceitful cheating slut.

Instead, I went for a walk. Kicking hell out of every garden fence that I walked past to let out my screaming anger. It was doing me no good. Susan was back in my thoughts she was the most important thing in my life and she was there to stay. Nobody ever was going to harm her NO WAY.

Called in a public house and had a few beers. Try to work things out. What I had done wrong in all those seven unknowing years. Or why did Julia need sex from other men. My mind went back and forth. I could not get my head straight that day.

I buried my head in work, Going out for one-night stands. June and Jenny were still taking Susan out for her clothes and whatever else she needed. The days, weeks, months and years past. Susan was growing up fast. She started to date. Needless to say, I grilled her boyfriend's. Then one day she was twenty-one. I knew it would happen one day. She was in love. I thought this was going to be the third worse day in my life.

Susan brought him home. His name was Peter Smithfield. He came from people whom had worked their way up in the world. They had a bit of money. Thousands not millions. Susan had no idea how much money she would inherit when I would pass on. I could match the Smithfield's pound for pound.

Peter was a good-looking lad and bright. He asked in the old fashion way. For my daughter hand in marriage. I gave him my approval. I asked Susan what type of wedding she wanted. A white wedding like it was for her mothers. I had to agree. But my marriage had been a built on seven years of deceit. Because Peter was such a good-looking lad I was worried for Susan.

Julia's parents were ill and mine where not to good. I needed help in planning the wedding for Susan. June, Jenny and Tracy came to the rescue. June and Jenny were having a few problems in their marriage. Yes, they had been caught out. It had taken some time but that was their problems not mine. But poor Tracy her husband had died a year before. In the end Tracy was in charge of the wedding arrangements for Susan.