Sex Culture in the 23rd Century Ch. 02

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Those won't be necessary," Janet said, somewhat mysteriously.

They got refreshments and made their way to the end of the counter line, where there was a prominent metal hand that came out of the countertop.

"What is that for?" Manu asked.

"Payment," said Janet. She approached the hand.

"Identify," came the soft voice they recognized. It was the same one they had heard in the examination booth, the voice that called itself Ted.

"Janet Taco Bell," said Janet.

Ted responded. "Janet Taco Bell, recognized. That will be seven Malcolm X dollars and forty Lenin cents, Janet Taco Bell."

Janet reached out and shook the hand. "Eat hearty, sister," said the voice, shaking up and down with the mechanical hand.

"What was that?" Fredrik asked.

"I just paid. You do the same,"

Fredrik reluctantly stepped forward.

"Identify," said the soft voice.

"I'm Fredrik Diem," said Fredrik.

"Fredrik Diem, recognized. That will be six Malcolm X dollars and two Lenin cents, Fredrik Diem."

"I... I don't have any Malcolm X dollars," said Fredrik.

"You do now," said Janet. "Go on, shake his hand!"

Fredrik shook the hand. It felt oddly warm. The hand gripped him tightly, and for a moment, would not let go.

"Eat well, eat nutritious. Nourish your young, healthy organs for the Community," said Ted's voice, and the hand released him. Fredrik pulled back, feeling like he had just been verbally molested.

"You'll get used to it," said Janet.

Fredrik looked at the metal hand, which undoubtedly had touched hundreds, if not thousands, of other hands before his. Then he looked at his own. Suddenly, he had the urge to wash his hands, from the sense of revulsion at having indirectly touched so many people at one time.

But little did Fredrik know that clean hands were not necessary for a meal. He would find that out soon enough. Meanwhile Laura had just finished paying.

"That will be five Malcolm X dollars and two Lenin cents, Laura Ngo" said Ted, as he shook her hand tightly. "Feel the food inside you, nourishing your healthy female ovaries, Laura Ngo," said Ted, as he let go of Laura's hand.

"T-thanks," said Laura, also feeling somehow that she had just been kind of voice-raped.

When the others had paid, they made their way to a table. There were many people in the cafeteria, all talking and enjoying their meal. The five of them put their trays on the table and sat down. Immediately, they involuntarily jumped back as metal arms came out of the table, armed with forks, spoons, and knives.

Fredrik watched as the metal arm cut off a piece of a chicken and raised it to his mouth. What was he to do now?

"Eat," came Ted's voice, out of nowhere.

Fredrik looked confused.

"Eat," the voice insisted.

Fredrik opened his mouth, and the fork pushed the chicken into his mouth.

"Chew. Swallow." And then, "Goooood," said the voice.

"Is it olways going to comment on my eating?" said Fredrik, making a face.

"Your status is set to learning mode, as if you were a child" said Janet. "Once you get used to the system, it won't be so... instructive."

The fork came up to his mouth again with food.

"Can't we feed ourselves?" said Fredrik.

"Eat," said the voice.

"There's no need to feed yourself," said Janet Taco Bell, taking a bite of food put into her mouth.

"But I wont to feed myself," Fredrik insisted.

"Eat," said the voice.

"Whyever would you want to feed yourself? That's so primitive!" Janet asked.

"It's what Ay'm used to," said Fredrik.

"Eat," said the voice. And then the fork moved forwards, and inserted the food into Fredrik's mouth. He started to chew automatically.

"Good Fredrik, you did that so well," said Ted, his tone full of praise.

Fredrik looked at the others. They were letting themselves be fed.

They were able to talk while they ate, as long as they didn't wait too long to chew and swallow.

"Do yew lyke it here?" Laura asked Janet.

"Of course! Everything is perfect. The Community makes sure of that," said Janet. "From cradle to shredder, it just keeps getting better and better."

What an odd thing to say.

"What exactly is the Community?" Manu asked.

"The Community is all of us, together. It is Oneness. It is the Global Flesh. It is the perfect embodiment of social welfare, a perpetually caring population welfare mechanism devised over a century of progressive psychological experimentation," said Janet.

"Does the Community ever make mistakes?" Fredrik asked.

"No, how could it? It is the manifestation of thousands of the best minds. So many great minds can't make a mistake," said Janet, eagerly eating more of the food which had been put in her mouth.

"But what if yew disagree with something the Community does?" Rowenka asked.

Janet looked puzzled. "Why would I do that? Let others do the thinking, we'll do the living."

"But what if yew don't lyke something the Community does?" Fredrik asked.

"But the Community operates in the best interests of its members, and I am a member of the Community, and I want what is in the best interest for everyone, so how could I ever disagree with whatever the Community decides?"

Fredrik was left to puzzle that one over the rest of dinner.

After dinner, Janet took them to their apartments. "They are right in this building. You'll be eating here every day."

"We're not going to eat in our apartments?" Laura asked.

"No, that would be unsocial and anti-Community," said Janet, making a face. "But you're really lucky. The units in this building are some of the most luxurious and largest in this part of OrgyFree."

They rode up a lift to the 59th floor. It was a tall building, with over 80 floors. The views must be incredible.

When they got out, they stared down a long hallway. There were doors on either side of the hallway, spaced very closely together. Were these broom closets? All of them?

"Which ones do we go to?" Manu asked.

"Just look for your names and faces."

Sure enough, on each door was the projection of a face and a name. They walked down the hall until they saw four doors, two on each side, with their faces and names on them. It was eerie to see their faces staring back at them; more so because they were smiling broadly. Exactly when had such holophotos been taken?

Fredrik found his door. "How do we get in? Wait, let me guess. We just walk right up to the door."

"You're catching on," Janet grinned.

Fredrik walked up to the door. It opened obediently.

Fredrik stepped into a narrow, metal-colored room. It was very narrow and tiny. There was barely room for a bed on one side, and a closet on the other, along with a tall booth that reminded Fredrik of the one he had showered in upon his arrival. There was also a window with an incredible view of the city. He went to it, looked out, and saw buildings for miles and miles. What a view! He had never seen anything like it.

But turning around, he looked for something, didn't find it.

"Bathroom?" he said.

"It's down the hall," said Janet.

"We don't have our own bathrooms in what yew call one of the most luxurious buildings in the ceety?"

"It is one of the most luxurious buildings, and also one of the most socially progressive ecologically sound dormitories as well," said Janet. "Group toilets are very ecologically minded, and they encourage social bonding during discrete biological rituals."

Fredrik made a face, but said nothing. Even in Voh he had his own bathroom. He went to the closet, and slid open the panel. It was empty.

"What about clothes?"

"Not to worry," said Janet. She pointed to the booth. "The Manipulator will provide you with everything you need."

"Manipulator?"

"It's also a shower, massager, and a few other things," she winked.

Manu returned from checking out his own room. "Hey, my room has an incredible view too, but just one thing... there isn't enough space for me and Rowenka."

"Rowenka has her own room," said Janet brightly.

"But we're married, we want to live togethar," said Manu.

"I'm sure that can be arranged," said Janet. "In time." She added, "You must be tired. Go to bed any time you like. When you get up in the morning, I'll be here to take you."

"Take us where?" said Fredrik.

Janet blinked. "Why, anywhere you want to, of course," she said. "The Controller has indicated that I am to show you the best of OrgyFree. She wants your assimilation to be as pleasant and painless as possible."

"That's... nice of her," said Fredrik.

"Let others do the thinking, we'll do the living." Janet Taco Bell turned to go.

"Once last thing," said Fredrik. "How do we work the-"

"Ask Ted," said Janet, over her shoulder as she walked away.

"Ted?" said Fredrik. "Again?"

"Yes, Fredrik," said the deep, drugged sounding voice.

"Who or what are yew, Ted?"

"I am your very best friend," came the modulated voice.

Fredrik suddenly found himself exhausted, as if someone had flipped a switch in his brain. Manu and Rowenka left for their rooms, but Laura sat down by him, sitting on his small bed.

"Tired?" he said.

She nodded. "It's been a long day."

They both watched the sun setting outside the window.

"This is some place," said Laura finally.

"It really is."

"It's going to take some adjustment," said Laura.

"I expect so," said Fredrik. They were both wondering the same thing; could they adjust to such a radically different society?

"We'll try," said Fredrik, in response to the unspoken question. "If worst comes to worst, we can olways go home, right?"

"Right," said Laura.

More time passed.

"Are yew still awake, Fredrik?'

"Whot?" He had in fact fallen asleep.

"I would never do it," said Laura.

"Never do whot?" said Fredrik. Something was obviously on her mind.

"Go with another man. Or woman. Or whatever. Whatever Maoina was talking about."

"Good," said Fredrik. He put an arm around her, and they both fell asleep, sitting side by side in his bed.