All Comments on 'Sex in Space'

by Maggie Red Rose

Sort by:
  • 5 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
Ghastly!

`

Some of the worst dialogue I've read here. Plus stilted, jerky passages that prompted me to wonder if this was perhaps written several years ago by a high school student, and recently discovered at the bottom of a dusty trunk in an attic, (where it should have stayed).

I make no apologies for harshness in reviewing bad writing - life is too short to have to read garbage.

funkyhatfunkyhatabout 16 years ago
Pretty Good

I disagree with the other comment.

This author shows lots of promise on the scientific part of the story...and remember...CONSTRUCTIVE criticism works a lot better that running amok with a dul bladed chainsaw. And, face it: even Isaac Asimov had His 'off' days!

funkyhatfunkyhatabout 16 years ago
Pretty Good

I disagree with the other comment.

This author shows lots of promise on the scientific part of the story...and remember...CONSTRUCTIVE criticism works a lot better that running amok with a dul bladed chainsaw. And, face it: even Isaac Asimov had His 'off' days!

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
Details

I have only read the 1st page, but felt it due a comment already. You put a disclaimer at the beginning that you are not an aerospace engineer that really is not needed. If anyone puts you down for your technology it is meaningless.

As for the technology you mention, you state it is something like 2400 and describe 2000 or later this century problems. Like the reusable fuel cells and still building a space station on Mars. These problems would be solved by then. Just look at the advancements from 1900 to now. We are a markedly different society and different technology. We would just blast off from Earth to Mars. We are almost at the point to do that now, but not quite. What will it be like in 50 yeas? 400 from now, we would have a colony on Mars if we can figure out how to get the magnetic field going or a protective covering on a colony.

You don't need to go into detail like that unless you want historical background. The launch of the shuttle being say the first fully operational Mars mission help building a space station, etc.

None the less, it is a great start. You don't need to put a disclaimer on it. If someone does not like it tough. But you can always use their critiques to make the next story better. Or you can always do a rewrite of this one.

Enjoy what you wrote and let other enjoy as well. Your story would be so much better without the disclaimer. Now, it is at the top of everyone's mind, vs just reading it fresh. See?

Good Luck, gonna finish reading now.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Thank you for the effort. I have no issue with your science jargon. In regards to the story this is not very good. You have Shelley's main goal be sexual exploration. This could have been done in Earth - there is no need to travel to Mars to find sexual experiences considering how egalitarian your made up futuristic society sounds. In other words based on your World Federation of Planetary Exploration description the need for a person to hide their sexual orientation would not be needed. This is why this story falters - a futuristic society with 1950's morals. It does not add up.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous