All Comments on 'Shaking Things Up, Down, Around'

by moreandmore

Sort by:
  • 22 Comments
johntcookseyjohntcookseyalmost 5 years ago
Snidely Whiplash...

... or the Gatlin boys from Kenny Rogers’ “Coward of the County.

Death seems too good for Thad! Still a pretty painful way to go - hehehe! Now for the rest of the Howard clan - Hehehehe!

Still doesn’t seem quite enough retribution for Cheryl. Thanks - entertaining story.

MattblackUKMattblackUKalmost 5 years ago
That worked very well

And it worked out well for them.

CumminginsiderherCumminginsiderheralmost 5 years ago
It's one thing to drug and rape a man's wife but............

to steal his boots??? That's just messed up on so many levels. People don't realize how many diseases are transmitted by the feet also. The only way this gets worse is if Thad would have stolen his trained hunting dog too.

BarryJames1952BarryJames1952almost 5 years ago
Nice job

A story well told. I'd love to see the Howard family get really screwed, but Thad's demise was satisfying.

I like your characters. I just posted my first and hope I do as well.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Well done

Good short quick story. Well written and actually believable.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Take note

If you have a video of a crime NEVER GIVE THE ONLY COPY TO THE POLICE. A smart man would have emailed a copy to his personal iCloud account. He was in range of his WiFi with that iPhone.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Unfortunate

That law enforcement is only for those who have money! Perhaps Flint should have contacted the state police? All the evidence was there but totally ignored! Father and the remaining son should have been made to pay! Well written. 5*s.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
***Checks his rifle***

(Grins) Ya wanna borrow my rifle to deal with the Boss Howard?

avidreader123avidreader123about 4 years ago
I would have like to know one thing

Good story, but I definitely would have wanted to know why in the hell she let the snake in the house. It sounded like she didn't hesitate. It made me think the story was going a different direction.

NitpicNitpicalmost 4 years ago
Pity

Pity the deputy he handed the phone to,didn't have a couple of rattle snakes end up in his car.

MarkT63MarkT63almost 4 years ago
Why???

Why did the wife eagerly open the door for a KNOWN asshole; then have a drink with him, causing her to be date raped??? Doesn't sound like a rape to me!!! He sounds like a CUCK!!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Why did the slut wife let Thad into the house in the first instance!! Guess it was not a first time thing!!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago
A good comfortable pair of boots

Are hard to find. Who cares if someone died in em. He ain't using them.

Rattlers. Mean little fuckers, but harmless if you leave em alone, and most of em give you a warning. Except, because folk seem to like killing so many of the poor bastards, there's some being born now without rattles. I've come across a few. People track em by listening for that rattle, so the ones with a rattle get killed, and the one without a rattle live. So now there are a lot of snakes out there that give no warning.

dirtyoldbimandirtyoldbimanabout 1 year ago

Great and 1st paragraph is great. Googled the song lyrics too, thanks.

slowhand21slowhand2111 months ago

Don’t think he would’ve drugged her if they were having an affair. No signs of intimacy when he arrived at door. Could’ve fed her a line of bullshit to get into the house hoping for an opportunity to take advantage.

If drug left no memory of the assault it may have happened before.

Straight as a Catholic priest made me guffaw.

chytownchytown11 months ago

*****Good read thanks for sharing.

Calico75Calico7510 months ago

Always good to have friends. Well done!

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

A commonly recurring theme in LW is the insufferable, arrogant prick who everybody hates, including the MC's wife but still she ends up getting fucked by him. The question of whether or not it was a straightforward case of drugging and rape becomes blurred by the fact that she let a known would be lothario into her house while her husband wasn't at home, of her own free will and means that a very tired old trope has been used again and it really should be put into mothballs. Women don't willingly have sex with men that repulse them unless they make a living from doing so. Aside from that it was a very entertaining read.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

I posted my comment below while I was still trying to process what I'd just read but then the lightbulb went on and I realised that the only way this story makes sense (apart from the 'woman having sex with a man she doesn't like', that'll never make sense) is if Cheryl was either having an affair with Thad or this was to have been their first tryst. Although the two had agreed to sex, Thad decided he wanted to film it and knew that Cheryl would never agree to that so he drugged her in order to achieve that end.

So, as horrific as Cheryl's ordeal was she had already cheated before she was drugged by allowing Thad into her house with the intention of having sex with him and thus she should not have been given a free pass.

BehindbluisBehindbluis5 months ago

Seems you can get bad comments from nitpickers. I figure this is your story and your world. Everything looked pretty tight to me. Not too many people are true Sherlock Holmes' when it comes to every little item which could still be explained away in another direction. I thought it was a damn good story. Thanks for the entertainment.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Sometimes comments on here amaze me. I never knew so many people have the "special ability" to be able to think they know what is in someone's head. The wife let a man into her house who was known to be a bit of an asshole. She was drugged. The asshole fucked her. Option one based on what was written is that the asshole drugged her therefore taking away her consent so it's rape. Option two based on this "special powers" is that she's a slut because she must have arranged for him to call and the drugs were used by her willingly. So it's all her fault. Can all Option 2 people please line up to board the spacecraft parked a mile away that way when you leave this planet the IQ of Earth goes up about 20 points 😁 Just read what's written and comment on that and not some make believe shit that you want to spout. BardnotBard

XluckyleeXluckylee20 days ago

5 stars from Xluckylee for a good story.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
usermoreandmore@moreandmore
A day without sex is like, um, just kidding. I have no idea. I am judged by what I've done and haunted by what I didn't do. I write stories in an attempt to entertain. If it evokes hate filled or non-constructive comments then I smile while I delete them. I won’t have you...