All Comments on 'Shame, Shame, Shame'

by Skippy47

Sort by:
  • 80 Comments
Xzy89c1Xzy89c1over 4 years ago
Simple things

Tylenol does not make you tired. You would split the debt in a divorce. She did what he offered, why did he kill himself then?

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Wow. I’m speechless.

Good story. *****

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Wow

Trying to get to SS06 level of stupid people.

Bebop3Bebop3over 4 years ago
Ridiculous

How on Earth was she a believable character?

If your story is predicated on your main character being cognitively impaired, start a different story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
wrong category

I don't think this deserves to be in "loving wives" Is there a category for "misogynist slut shaming" ?

Bitter, vicious and lacking in any erotic content, what is this doing on Literotica?

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Pity Kurt

she was not worth dying for

MaxiMilfMaxiMilfover 4 years ago
Very Good but Sad

Good job but I wonder if anyone would like to write a happy ending?

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Ah yes

That subgenre of LW stories that is “your husband is the greatest guy ever. He just actively and gainlessly hid that from you until you stopped appreciating him.“

These can work. They can’t even be great, as allegorical tales about feeling unappreciated by a spouse who you work hard to support. But they need *such* a deft hand, and *such* careful characterization, to avoid coming across as just a dude who sucks at communication. Most of them fail.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Fucking hell

Both my reaction to the story and where Sheila deserves to end up. Seriously, she deserves praise and fun for beating cancer, but, what, he deserves to get shit on for sacrificing everything but his fucking life to help her do so? I hate this story because it's too realistic. This is actually what could happen with a lot of 'modern' women in this situation and it's deplorable.

Just_WordsJust_Wordsover 4 years ago
Powerfully good! 5*****

I thought after that first night she would wise up, and in some way she did. But when faced with a new challenge, she went the revenge and then the pity route. It takes a very selfish person to go that far. The first half of the story she seemed like half the population: turning to other men for excitement instead of turning to her husband for celebration. Going the extra mile with David and the pills made her more selfish than I want to think most people are, but it certainly cemented the character. Good job.

dragonmann72dragonmann72over 4 years ago
Skippy...

this story really hurt. I went to work for a guy that seamed to have everything going for him. He had a really good looking wife, a son that got a try out for the Chicago Cubs and a good standing in the community. The company we worked for started to make changes and they moved him to a different store. His son got injured ending his baseball dream and then he found out his wife was cheating with one of the executives she worked for.

He quit his job and one day he called her on his cell phone and asked her to look out the window where she worked. When she said she was looking he said good as he drove his pick-up onto the train tracks. She got to watch as it ripped through his truck tossing his body out and bouncing down the gravel bed.

The part I felt sorriest about was that he was still breathing when the aid car got there. He should have at least been allowed to have died on impact. Actions have consequences.

Thanks for the read.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Clever

This deserves a higher score for creativity

SomeOneTwoThreeSomeOneTwoThreeover 4 years ago
Too much.

Just too extreme.

From start to finish.

No ratings from me.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Just a Horrible Story

Not much to love about that woman. No redeeming value at all. Sad part is, she's so self-centered she would go on with her life like nothing has changed. Narcissistic to the end. By the way no adult loses consciousness by taking 8,000mg of Tylenol at once. If you take a whole bottle (120,000mg) that can damage your liver, inducing Liver Failure. Next time she better drink Antifreeze with Vodka and mess up her kidneys...

OPrimeOPrimeover 4 years ago
Great Story

Nice job

symtronsymtronover 4 years ago
I liked the cadence of the story

BUT I hated that the male protaganist only had one way he thought out.....

Good story

tizwickytizwickyover 4 years ago
Shame, Shame, Shame Indeed

The one central thing that doesn't ring true is the reality of a double mastectomy, with chemotherapy, followed by repetitive surgeries for reconstruction and augmentation. Sadly even so called "excellent" results are not anywhere near natural looking or aesthetically pleasing. I won't even go into the fact that the nipples have to be tattooed on.

Suggest that a rewrite with a different almost fatal disease would be a more appropriate plot device.

cybojicybojiover 4 years ago
I wish

More women were able to read this story. For some reason the logic most cheaters have is false. Men make bad errors, but women seem to have this entitled right to do this and it is premeditated. About 80 % of the cheaters ive seen in my life are women. Lives are destroyed and great men have literally have been cut down, better men than me. Loyal, faithful men and fathers. 10% of those men terminated themselves. This is why I lean towards btb. 5 great story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Good story

Well written and enjoyable to read. Just too bad it had the wrong character die. Also a bit unbelievable that a character who would go through what he did keeping her going then leave over what happened at the party. Would take the cowards way out. The character you portrayed in the beginning would have never done anything like that. Left her, divorced her? ....yes. Killed himself .... not a chance in hell.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Killing yourself over a mentally disfunctional wife.

A bad story line. With two mentally challenged people.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Just fyi

Stage 4 breast cancer means that it has most likely metastasized in the body making the prognosis very dire.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Give us all a break....

Skippy went way overboard on this sic....story! Kurt is a processional and to earn extra money he delivers pizza! LOL I couldn't read past that little statement! No score from me on this over the top fiasco of a story!!

far_wanderer1984far_wanderer1984over 4 years ago
Crap

Found this to be a poor story from your previous stuff Skippy. The woman was mentally defective and the guy was a selfish idiot for doing that over a silly bitch.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Sad story...

...too bad he didn't get some retribution on the wife and her boyfriend. Maybe his brother can do that in his memory. Well written. 5 stars. Thanx!

Loklie

CumminginsiderherCumminginsiderherover 4 years ago
Skippy, this story sucked

There is no way for the reader to relate or actually like any of the main characters. Your story went off the rails with the lame twists and turns you were trying to throw in to shock us readers. You went way overboard and jumped the shark.

Honestly, you should be embarrassed to have written this garbage. It is a far cry from many of your other efforts. If I were you I would claim I was drunk, stoned and on meth while writing this. 2 stars and that is being overly generous.

26thNC26thNCover 4 years ago
Agree

I have to agree with Just_Words on this story . It is a powerful slice of life of life story that is so sad. Shelia wanted to play with her new toys and enjoy attention from men that she had never enjoyed before. Unfortunately, she forgot about the man whose love and support for her there. I wish Kurt hadn't died, but that was the story. Cameron summed up her future for her. No husband now, no family, no friends, no life left.

Acetaminophen OD isn't a pleasant way to go. I've seen many attempts, a couple successful and they were not pretty. Liver failure is horribly painful.

How are so many anons learning to spell misogynist these days? Must be watching CNN . Nothing about this story was misogynistic in the least.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago

just a story! it did affect me being a flawed human. kind of a downer. stage 4? your story like is possible. this is another assnomeous comment. over all quite possible. LOVE slap hapy papy #9

calflashcalflashover 4 years ago
ego

Although a little overplayed on the husband's part, good to see a story based on a woman's ego rather than the usual "bruised ego" tact in many stories.

clarkgarbleclarkgarbleover 4 years ago
radical mastectomy as aphrodesiac? Spare me

Sadly I know people who have gone thru the trauma of radical mastectomy and chemo and radiation treatment and it does anything but unleash the libido. To use this very real tragedy affecting countless women and their families as a slut shaming device is particularly contemptible. And dont give me this "Its just a story" crap.

Harryin VAHarryin VAover 4 years ago
26thNC ... Dude you're a serious idiot

This story is vile stupid and Written by a moron

the fact that you think this is a good story....

Stage 4 breast cancer is almost always fatal.

Harryin VAHarryin VAover 4 years ago
JUST WORDS....5 STARS FOR THIS?

are you fucking high? For most every story that this particular author writes is worse than the previous one.

What sort of fucken retard can write a story based upon stage 4 breast cancer which is almost always fatal and turn it into some sort of bizzaro sexual romp?

Even if one decides to accept the Impossible irrational premise... The story still falls apart. 2/3 of the way into the story the wife finally begins to realize how selfish she has been and how much her husband has been suffering but THAT is when she decides to have sex with another man?

AWFUL

26thNC26thNCover 4 years ago
HarryVag

As one idiot to another. I wasn't saying anything about cancer was good, I lost my mother, and youngest sister to this horrible disease. I was commenting on the wives actions after he brought her back to health. While we're at it suicide isn't a good option either. Welcome back,I thought you had run away to live in sin with swingerjoe. He'll probably be back soon.

andyinozandyinozover 4 years ago
Maybe the chemo

fried her brain and caused illogical behaviour. Maybe the husband was so exhausted and depressed over the wife's illness, and subsequent 'recovery', that he reacted so fatally. Until the last paragraph, I expected that the wife was going to receive the, now deceased, husband's liver ... and make him the ultimate martyr.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Moronic

Give me a break

danoctoberdanoctoberover 4 years ago
This story falls in the category of...

...could have happen.

(1) Young wife loses both breast to cancer.

(2) A husband who loves her dearly and spends EVERYTHING he has to save her.

(3) Commiting himself to the fact he will be in debt for forever trying to pay the medical expenses and has to take a part time job delivering pizzas in the evening.

(4) The wife recovers, gets reconstructive breast surgery, gains her weight back and looks even more physically attractive than before.

(5) Then the wife loses her mind and instead of directing her attention to the man she married and sacrifices everything for her with that body, wants to use it to flirt with other men.

As with the previous commenter, I agree that the chemo may have been a factor in her behavior.

I've learn that from people I know and had conversations with who've survived the cancer but the effects of chemo therapy are lifelong. Physically that is. Not sure about it affecting a person's moral compass. But can't be ruled out.

All of these factors make this story probable.

Honestly, the ending was too much.

Skippy kept dumping so much pain on the husband, there was no room for this truely 'loving husband' to move.

This is an ultimate betrayal story. The 'total sacrifice' by the husband, and giving his best efforts that clearly demonstrated his love and commitment to his wife, meant nothing to her. Crushing.

Look forward to your next post Skippy. 5 stars for a story that falls within the realm of that, "could have happened".

enderlocke27enderlocke27over 4 years ago
idk

man theres a lot of stupid ppl out there. although maybe rare but i can see this happening, trauma changes ppl

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Stupid solution

Suicide is NEVER a solution. Even suggesting it in a fictional story is a bad idea. It demeans and degrades everything that's important in life. It harms far more people than the dead person. Horrible story line. Just disgusting.

1 star

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
no way

don't kill yourself. Put a bullet in her head as well as David. Maybe on some small chance you make it look like a murder suicide.

She is a HORRIBLE person. Cancer survivor or not.

silentsoundsilentsoundover 4 years ago
Ruined

Fucking David ruined this story and the sequel.

BTW, did David just skate off free?

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xover 4 years ago

"Kurt had to say those things. He was her husband. The compliments from other men meant more because they didn't have to say them." - Not THIS again! And the other men DO have to say them! They say them because they want to get into your pants!

He can't be ordered to give her money if they have no money, in fact, SHE would be responsible for half their debt. Even if only taken out in his name, just as any assets, no matter who acquired them are marital assets, so are debts. Even IF, somehow, her lawyer could show that the debts are his, the Judge, seeing that they were incurred taking car of her cancer care, could, and would, make an appropriate adjustment.

SHE felt betrayed? LOL!

UltimateHomeBodyUltimateHomeBodyover 4 years ago

Message gained from this fable: Women with big boobs have small brains.

MarkT63MarkT63about 4 years ago
Weak man!!!

It's a weak souled, minded man that commits suicide over a stupid slut!!!

Maybe her cancer will return with a vengeance!!!

lee5456lee5456about 4 years ago
Poor Kurt

Kurt was a hero

WargamerWargamerabout 4 years ago

This needs another chapter as well

jtwheelsjtwheelsabout 4 years ago
Good story except suicide

Just pay bills and leave her alone and make a better marriage

Live your life

WhoGivesAShitWhoGivesAShitabout 4 years ago

Kurt obviously deserved much better. Other than his death good story.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
So bad

You can't explain it with missing skill or talent, the story is just garbage

MarkT63MarkT63over 3 years ago

Kurt took the cowards way out...

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Not happening

What woman is worth killing yourself over,answer none. She did not get burned he did. Did he really know what love was. One must first love themselves in order to be able to give it other wise you know not what it is.I know just a story,but I know some guys and girls do this for real. Makes no sense to me.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Many readers says it's easy to leave a woman behind

Lol leaving the woman hen can even sacrifice all wealth, time and pride so easily don't make me laugh

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Karma rules

Don't fret too much about Shelia.

Her odds of surviving the cancer long term are poor.

secretsalsecretsalover 3 years ago

I mean, Kurt did declare the marriage dead, and as good as gave her permission to hook up with other men.

Then he goes off the deep end when she goes through with it?

Sheila's obviously a bad 'un, but he shouldn't have talked the talk if he didn't have the stomach to live with it.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
4 Stars

I would have declared Bankruptcy .. I was put on a Payment Plan . I was Glad to Pay off Her Bills as She meant Everything to Me .. Until The Day I caught Her Cheating on Me . I was working 12 hours a day except for Sunday .

KRD19254KRD19254over 3 years ago

Read many comments just proves there are so many LW moron readers. This is a fictional story, it is the authors opinion - you may not agree but the objectionable vulgar comments are by morons. What should LW do now ban Skippy's Twitter & fB accounts as punishment - we cannot have freedom of speech or thoughts even in writing fiction? USA society is getting more doomed every day.

/

To all the LW opiniated GURU's here - how close have YOU come to suicide? Likely never. I've put a 1911 in my mouth and failed - lacking the guts in puling the trigger. Yes, I got to that level of despair with my high school sweetheart/bride abandoning me to cheat with a friend. It was especially bad knowing I was going back to Vietnam, as a target. So unless you walk a mile in his shoes - piss off. - it's real, it happens, he chose death by train - just close your eyes and think of happier times. This is how this author wrote it. PTSD suicide has never left me - I still struggle with it.

/

Now being critical of the story facts is reasonable - like Stage 4 cancer come back is rare. I have Stage 2 in remission. The treatment side-affects are a bummer but beats a dirt nap.

/

I have mixed feelings to the ending. I'd like to know more of her deserved suffering and what happened. Also did Dave get the much earned baseball-bat haircut? Did Dave's wife toss his ass?

Some one mentioned bankruptcy as an avenue that should/could have been explored.

/

4*, Hooyah, Salute...

26thNC26thNCabout 3 years ago
Again

Good, but with terrible things helping to good.people, except Sheila. Should have slipped her another 4000mg of Ace time open and left her to suffer.

NitpicNitpicabout 3 years ago
Pity

Pity Kurt had to die,instead of the selfish bitch.

BigfundrewBigfundrewover 2 years ago

Tylenol helps with sleep?

How did I never know that?

usaretusaretover 2 years ago

Stupid bitch, are there really people so stupid? And no one, manor woman, is worth taking your own life! Suicide is never THE answer. Don’t propagate that idea ever. Please!

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

It may never be the answer, but anyone who goes through a situation like that does think it might be an option.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Meh, nothing lost. If he was stupid enough to kill himself over the likes of that thankless slut, he was too stupid to live.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

This loser committed suicide because of a hoe, disgusting!

kamdev99008kamdev99008over 2 years ago

He can be stupid because he sold his soul, life, career, future, earnings and savings everything.... To save his soulmate, his wife

But he was not a stupid when he killed himself... Because... Nothing left in his life including his own life.... Except a long road to struggle lifelong... Even his ungrateful 'soulmate' too betrayed him

Heart touching... Real ending although a Sad ending

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Loved it was hoping for a happy ending, but well written, thanks

jflindersjflindersabout 2 years ago

Stories that use the death (especially suicide) of a partner to punish a spouse are no better than idiots that think saying "If you ... I will kill myself" should get a positive reaction.

MarkT63MarkT63about 2 years ago

Maybe her cancer will return...

BSreaderBSreaderabout 2 years ago
No stars

Terrible story

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

5+. Real heart breaking, real life.

NitpicNitpicover 1 year ago
Dont

Don't accept the ending.He dumped her and told she could have sex ,so why would he commit suicide.?

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

We’ll that was a particularly stupid story

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

5 huge stars. To many stupid selfish self-entitled women in the world these days, with no idea or care how badly they hurt and destroy loving men. Those who say this is a bad story are either among those evil self-entitled women or are demonic soulless scum, whom will 🔥 in hell as they deserve.

rn2711rn2711about 1 year ago

Many inaccuracies. Stage 4 cancer is the end. You can't borrow money from life insurance, only savings.

Kurt went over the top. Yes she enjoyed her new body but was it too bad to reconcile?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

5 Stars as this guy was a great father and husband

mfbridgesmfbridges11 months ago

Fuck!!! FYI, you can borrow from whole life insurance. Sorry rn2711....don't assume you know everything. I sure don't. I thought my first and second wives loved me. I think the lack of sex for more than a year in each case was a good indicator.

Sumnut96Sumnut966 months ago

5 stars for 1 SERIOUSLY fucked up tale. Well written and paced, but DAMN that was dark. DMW aka

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Sometimes the cancer takes the ones that don't deserve it; and sometimes it doesn't take the ones it should, like in this case. Wife was mentally ill and self-absorbed up the ass.

How could someone be this stupid and self-entitled after going through something like that when her husband is supporting her the whole way? Did she also have stage 4 cancer of the mind? Somehow she becomes even more stupid near the end, if you can believe that.

"Kurt had to say those things. He was her husband. The compliments from other men meant more because they didn't have to say them." Any woman that believes this drivel, or any man for that matter in order to write it into a story, are some of the dumbest motherfuckers known to exist. The husband doesn't have to say it; they enjoy saying it because it makes you happy! The strangers say it because they prey on your dumb little ego that needs to be fed compliments so that they can get you to spread your legs for them. People are so dumb I swear. This story was so stupid and the good MC dies at the end but the stupid slut wife lives. Life is fair eh?

Alright_alright_alrightAlright_alright_alright3 months ago

What a loser, did he really expect her to go years without getting anything. Fucking tittybaby, then kills himself, it was his own fault.

AnonymousAnonymous2 months ago

I blame Dave. Sure, the wife went completely crazy after her recovery but she caught herself before actually committing adultery. Instead of seeking counseling or reconciliation, Dave chose to “punish” her. Everything after that was his fault.

AnonymousAnonymous2 months ago

To the anonymous' who blamed it on the husband (I agree it was a shit decision) but the fault ALL lies with the unappreciative, faithless wife who "just wanted to have some fun", and to the anons, FUCK OFF you shit heads and I hope your wives treat you in the same shitty manner.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

A well written story about a good guy turned loser. No respect for such a husband that will not address a problem directly like a man but dives into a bottle or contemplates suicide. He could have just walked away instead of suicide.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous