Sharing the Love

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Returning home at a reasonable time, the kids were already in bed, her father asleep in an armchair, her mother wide awake, watching the evening news. They escorted her parents out to their car, thanking them for the late arrangement of watching the kids. Her parents waved off the thanks, assuring the pair that they'd always be willing to babysit at a moment's notice.

The weekend passed as normal. The kids played sport on a Saturday morning. She took Chloe to netball. He took Charlie to soccer. They'd meet up for lunch once their games were over and decide how to pass the afternoon. Being near to mid-year and winter, they chose to return home and stay warm.

Lying in bed with him on Sunday morning, snuggling under the blankets as it had to be a cold night, she remembered years ago that they'd often make love on a Sunday morning after enjoying Saturday night together. She was left thinking when they'd last fooled around, let alone on Sunday morning. She knew her husband still loved and desired her completely.

"Honey?"

"Yeah?"

"Do you need to, you know, take care of yourself?"

The fact he chuckled was actually a relief. "Well, since things have slowed down recently, I've found myself having to do it quite a bit recently. Luckily, I'm quite the expert at doing it."

"When do you do it?"

"Usually in the shower in the morning. I have a very good imagination."

"Do you think about me?"

"Most of the time." Then he tickled her to cut off any further questions about who else he might think about, only stopping when she screamed that she was about to pee her panties. He said something rather crude about that which only made her laugh out loud, a playful slap on his shoulder to behave himself. Cuddling back into him once she'd calmed down, he added, "It's okay, babe. We'll get through this."

"Do you want to have sex with me now?"

"Honestly?" She nodded, knowing he'd feel her nod. "Babe, you're my wife. I'm as attracted to you today as I was the day we met. I have always loved having sex with you. So, yes, I want sex with you right now. I wanted to have sex last night, the night before... The night you told me your secret, yeah, that pretty much killed my libido for a few hours. Can't help it though, babe. You're a total fox and your husband is still crazy about you."

She cried in his arms. He kissed her softly and comforted her. All she could do was sob and state how much she still loved him. "I'm sorry," she whispered with her head burrowed into his neck.

"As I said, it's how you feel, babe. You can't help it. I'm guessing it's something in your brain. Chemicals or something."

If she thought about it, he was even more affectionate with her since that night. He'd always been a romantic, heart on his sleeve sort of man when it came to her, but it was almost like he was reassuring her that, no matter what, he wasn't going to leave her. The house was in a good mood. Even their usually moody teenage daughter picked on the rather happy air around the house and actually conversed with her parents without pitching a massive strop.

Monday passed normally but she didn't sleep well that night, awake half the night, contemplating the ramifications of their meeting with her therapist the next day. What she knew is that her husband couldn't remain celibate the rest of his life. It wasn't fair on him. He was a forty-year-old male, peak fitness, charming, handsome, and there was no missing his cock still worked very well. Despite not having the desire, she could admit he always felt wonderful. Orgasms with her husband still felt great.

She knew it wasn't a hormonal thing, like it seems some women approaching middle-age experienced. It was the same feeling she'd had since maturing, remembering conversations with friends over the years, how much they talked about wanting sex, enjoying sex, desiring sex. She'd never felt any sort of urge. She wanted to feel loved. She felt love herself. That was different to sex.

Sitting in the waiting room, she sensed his presence next to him as she played with her phone, that usual comforting arm around her as she leaned into him. "It'll be okay," he assured her.

Amelia Fraser appeared in the doorway to her office. Introducing herself to Mark, Cathy didn't miss the brief look up and down her husband. She felt a brief spark of jealousy. She always did whenever a woman was sizing him up. He found it rather amusing when she made a comment or two about a woman who was obviously showing interest. He'd just flatter his wife in return, making her smile or blush.

Sitting down together after asking if they'd like a drink, she was nursing a mug of tea, her husband a mug of coffee, as they kept the conversation light until they finally got to the crux of why they were there. She sat quietly as Amelia spent most of the time briefly explaining her sessions with his wife, and with her permission, explained in some detail certain aspects of their conversations.

"The most important concern of Catherine, apart from figuring herself out, is to ensure you are not left hurt due to the outcomes of her therapy. Now that Catherine can finally admit her orientation, or her sexuality, there is now the question of how this will impact your marriage and, in particular, your sexual relationship. Now, as I understand, you talked last week and Catherine explained her lifelong lack of desire for sex, and that you are the only man she's even felt a hint of sexual attraction towards."

"That's correct."

"You are still sexually attracted to your wife?"

"God yes. I've been in love with her for nearly eighteen years, but I've lusted and desired her for just as long."

"If I asked you to have sex in front of me now, would you?"

"I would only if she agreed but I'd have sex with her in the middle of the CBD if she wanted to."

"How did you feel when she confessed? Be completely honest. Catherine needs to hear it."

"Hurt, I guess. Hearing your wife doesn't actually desire you sexually is a bit of a kick in the gut. I know she's attracted to me in a romantic sense was a relief, that she still loves me and is in love with me, but sex is an important part of any relationship, so I was immediately left wondering how things will continue now. I don't like the idea of my wife forcing herself to have sex with me. I said it left me feeling like a rapist in some way. Cathy said she was giving herself to me, but that means I just take all the time."

"No, you give yourself to me too," Cathy replied softly, already dabbing at her eyes with a tissue.

"I guess I'm just left a little confused," Mark continued, "I want to have sex with my wife. I'd love to have sex with her every damned day. I love her, and in addition to all the little romantic things I love to do for her, sex is the most intimate way of showing love for each other. But I won't accept it from her if she's having to force herself to do it."

"Would you consider divorcing your wife?"

He gripped her hand, giving it a soft squeeze. "I won't give up on our marriage that quickly. I know people divorce for far less. But I just don't know what else we can do."

"How often do you masturbate?"

The question made him laugh, earning a giggle from his wife. It was asked so bluntly; the reaction was natural. "Well, despite the fact my sex drive should have dried up by now, according to some people, I still spank the monkey at least once a day, usually in the morning."

"He does it in the shower," Cathy added.

"You're still sexually attracted to your wife?"

"Hell yes. Look at her, Amelia. She's a stunner. I know she knows it too."

"Here's a more difficult question. Do you look at other women?"

"Of course, though never when I'm out with Cathy. That would be disrespectful. Nothing wrong with a little window shopping when I'm out by myself though. I would barely consider talking to them let alone doing anything else. I'm a married man. But if a cute woman walks on by, I'll have a cheeky glance, at least."

"Sex is important to you in a relationship?"

"I think sex is important for most people in a relationship. I've read enough horror stories about those people stuck in what they all 'dead bedrooms', men or women losing their sex drive, ending up more like roommates than lovers."

"When did you and your wife have sex?"

He glanced her way. She squeezed his hand this time and nodded. "Three months ago, at least," he replied softly, hearing the sadness, almost defeat in his tone.

"Who usually initiates sex?"

"I always did," he admitted, "I guess I know why now."

Amelia stopped asking all her questions, reviewing her notes. Cathy knew what was coming next. It had been discussed for a few weeks. She had come to accept the idea as the best compromise, but knowing how much her husband loved her, she wasn't sure he could accept it. Clearing her throat, she returned her attention to her therapist.

"Mark, your wife and I discussed various resolutions to this problem. I bluntly recommended a divorce so you can find a woman who matches your sexuality, orientation and libido. However you want to classify it, your wife is what you'd call heteroromantic but has no desire for sex. It's that simple. I know you love your wife as much as she loves you, but as you stated, sex is an important aspect to a relationship, and I can only imagine that the longer you go without sex, the resentment may perhaps build, and your loving relationship could start to falter."

"I don't want a divorce," Cathy whispered.

"Neither do I," Mark added, "But I'm not sure where we go from here."

"There was a myriad of options but, in the end, the answer is quite simple. You will continue to have a loving, romantic relationship with your wife while your sexual requirements are satisfied elsewhere."

"What?"

"I'm going to find you some lovers, honey," Cathy stated.

He turned to look at her, opening and closing his mouth more than once before he finally asked, "You're serious? Isn't that cheating on you?"

"No. I can no longer fulfil one of my requirements, let's call it, as your wife and partner, and I won't accept my husband missing out on sex because of my own feelings. I won't accept divorcing the man I'm still in love with. I won't accept breaking up a loving home. We can get through this, Mark."

"Lovers?"

"Yes. I say lovers because I can't have you sleeping with someone too often in case you fall for them."

"Babe, you're talking about me stepping outside our marriage here. I'm going to need time to think about this."

She made sure he met her eyes. "Mark, this won't be some sort of sordid rump in a hotel room. We will choose whoever it is together. They will be invited into our bedroom. I will be with you the entire time. But your lover won't just be there to be... to be fucked. We will treat her with love and respect, ensure she is not made to feel cheap while sharing our bed. It won't just be the act of sex."

His eyes blinked in surprise at her words. "So you've given this some thought?" he finally asked.

"It was actually Catherine's suggestion," Amelia replied, "She wants you to continue having sex, Mark, but no longer feels capable of giving herself to you in such a manner. She still wants to feel your love in every other way. Kissing. Cuddling. Sleeping in your arms. Date nights. Those little romantic gestures you make each and every day. That is all still intimate. But the physical act of sex..."

"Do I have to decide now?"

Cathy giggled at how nervous he sounded, though she understood why. "No, Mark. Take all the time you need to think about it, but I want this for you. I might feel a little jealous from time to time, but I need to ensure my husband has his sexual needs met."

He remained silent, watching his eyes flick between herself and Amelia. "Um, can I think about this and perhaps talk to a couple of people?"

"Of course. I don't intend on keeping this a secret any longer, Mark. I don't want our friends and family believing you're cheating on me. If you need to chat with a friend or two, I don't mind you explaining and getting advice. This is an unusual situation."

"And relying on friends is a good thing, Mark," Amelia added, "Neither of you are doing this alone. Catherine is now feeling confident enough to explain how she feels, and you will both need understanding from your support networks to ensure your relationship and marriage remains as strong as it is."

He glanced away from her to her therapist. "And you believe this won't impact our marriage?"

Amelia didn't reply for a couple of seconds. "It will be difficult for both of you at first, and I'm sure you'll both realise that once you come to an agreement. Bringing another person into the marital bed is never an easy thing. It will be a test of your love and commitment to each other. But Catherine is more than willing to do this for you, Mark. She has insisted more than once that this is the best way forward so your sexual needs are met. Outside of the bed, she will meet all your other needs, as you will meet hers."

Silence descended again before he took a couple of deep breaths. "Let me think about it."

"Of course," Amelia replied, "And if you need any further advice, give me a call. But as you've already suggested, talk to people you trust. They'll likely be surprised but there's nothing wrong with listening to the advice of others."

Stopping to get some dinner on the way home, she watched her husband as he was quieter than normal, though she couldn't blame him. What made her smile is that he never let go of her hand. One of the many times she was thankful he drove an automatic. With all the modern gizmos on a car, he could steer with one finger.

Pulling up in the driveway, he put the car in park, pulled on the handbrake, before he looked at her. "I love you, Catherine. Always have, always will."

She kissed him. It was the only way she could answer without bursting into tears again.

*****

Mark

It was a Thursday night. Once a fortnight, he'd join his best mates for a couple of beers and a few darts matches at the nearby leagues club. It was something he'd been doing for years, Cathy happy for him to do it as she knew he needed time to unwind. She'd do the same thing with her friends once a fortnight on a Tuesday night.

Nursing a schooner of beer as they gathered around the table, Mark was understandably quiet as it had been a little over a week since that therapy session where he'd learned about his wife. Since that night, he'd continued to show as much love to his wife as normal. He was still head over heels in love with her. She still snuggled against him every night. They still kissed each other with passion as always.

"Okay, mate, what's going on?" Mike asked. Best mate of over twenty years. The guy he would lean on whenever a problem cropped up. "You're never usually this quiet and it's obvious something's on your mind."

Glancing around the table into the faces of the three men he'd trust with his life. "I'm not really sure how to explain it?"

"Wife issues?" Brad wondered, slight grins and chuckles shared by the others.

"Yes, but not in the way you'd imagine."

The three shared a glance. "Shit, she's not having an affair, is she?"

Shaking his head, Mark replied, "No, mate, not an affair. Something very different to that. Um, so she's been seeing a therapist for a little while and she's admitted to feeling different about things."

The three shared another glance. "Is she a lesbian now?" Dave wondered, and it wasn't a joke. Though the four of them were still happily married, many knew of husbands who'd discovered wives having an affair, one or two coming out of the closet after a decade or two of marriage. Little wonder the three were looking concerned, wondering if their friend would be the first of their small group to suffer a divorce.

Mark grinned. "No, she's not a lesbian. Not having an affair. Nothing like that." He paused and thought. "Basically, she's got a condition, let's call it, and the outcome of that is that she no longer wants to... um... You know, have relations with her husband. But the thing that's playing on her mind is what she's offered because of that."

They all shared a glance, understanding what 'have relations' means. Despite what women think, men didn't actually talk about their sex lives constantly, particularly if they were happily married. Mike went with the safe question. "What's she offered?"

Mark chuckled nervously, scratching his cheek. "Well, she's basically said that, because of how she feels, and it's something that's basically been life-long, she's going to allow me to take on a lover or two to satisfy certain needs."

Many would have expected his friends to have knowing grins. You know, nudge nudge, wink wink. Our friend here is getting the chance to play away. But the three knew how much Mark loved his wife. Their marriage was seen as incredibly strong. Catherine rarely talked to other men except those who were also married. She never flirted with any other man than her husband. No-one would tolerate either of them cheating on the other.

"Big thing if she's offered that," Brad suggested.

"It is, and it's been the only thing on my mind since last week. Catherine offered this to me because there is part of our relationship we can no longer fulfil."

"Has she discussed this with anyone else?"

"Your wives will know, so if they mention it, we know there will be gossip. We agreed this is something that we won't be able to keep secret for long, which is why I'm discussing it now. I honestly don't know what to do. I love my wife, but the idea of never, you know, being intimate again."

"Is it one of those new sexualities or something?" Dave wondered.

"Yeah, something I've never heard of before." He sighed, running fingers through his hair. Mike immediately asked him to wait, returning with a stiff drink for him, a friendly pat on the shoulder. "It's embarrassing for both of us, more so for her because I know she feels less of a wife, even a woman. What I know is that I can't go the rest of my life without being intimate with someone in a particular way most couples enjoy."

"You're being cryptic but we understand, mate," Mike stated, "So Catherine suggested you... um, sleep with someone else because of her condition?"

"Yeah. And I'm sure plenty of guys would love the idea. But I love my wife. I made vows in front of our friends and family. So did she, and because of her condition, she feels she's breaking 'the contract' so to speak, so is giving me permission to fulfil certain needs outside the marriage contract."

"Any idea how it would work?" Brad asked.

"We haven't discussed that yet as I haven't agreed. I wanted to get some advice. I've spoken to my parents. They were rather taken aback by it. Didn't really understand her condition when I tried to explain it. But I also learned my parents still have relations..." Chuckling, he added, "Something I didn't need to know about, but they're clearly still in love with each other."

He felt a little better after talking to his friends when standing outside later that evening, waiting for his wife to pick him up. She arrived a few minutes later, sliding onto the passenger seat, kissing her as always, before she drove them home, holding hands the entire way.

In bed after he'd had a quick shower, she snuggled into him like she did every night. Arm wrapped around her, feeling her hand stroking his chest, he was still away with his thoughts. "Anyone on your mind?" he finally asked.

"Someone I know, trust and love, honey."

"Who?"

"My best friend."

That made him almost sit up in bed. "You mean Julie?" Feeling her nod, he asked, "Are you sure?"

"She's divorced, still single after two years, lonely, and needs to feel loved. She's never felt the urge to sleep around with guys, but she said she'll get tested first."