Sharkbait Ch. 51-55

Story Info
Can You Trust A Vampire?
9.2k words
4.83
9.5k
21

Part 11 of the 23 part series

Updated 06/10/2023
Created 06/06/2020
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
partwolf
partwolf
2,312 Followers

It took me twenty minutes to lay everything out up to the point of meeting Emily in Dallas. Cyprian called in Cornelia to take notes, and two other vampires listened from chairs along the wall. "I trust Emily more than Alexander," I said. "Her motivation makes sense. If they are holding the two and it gets out, she knows your Council will destroy her Coven. By coming forward to me, then to you, she hopes to escape the punishment coming without betraying her Master."

Cyprian leaned back in his chair. "She betrayed him to you," he said.

"Least evil of the options," I said. "When we arrived, you called the Chairman of the Werewolf Council before you even asked why we were here. If Emily had arrived unannounced, would you have called Master Alexander before asking why?" He thought about it, then nodded. "She couldn't come here, and she couldn't contact you directly."

"And she stands to gain power and money if she is right," he said.

"If she is right, then she is averting a war between our kind," I said. "The Packs will not tolerate werewolves being kept captive as blood banks. It doesn't matter if they are rogues; the female is PREGNANT. All Pack werewolves will understand the threat if this stands. We have a chance to head that off and keep the peace that has lasted over a century."

"Thoughts?" Cyprian looked to his advisers, neither of whom he'd introduced when they arrived.

"If her information is correct, we MUST act quickly," the first one said. "The treaty is between species and requires the Councils to control their kind. A war between us in this age of technology is unthinkable. We must crush the idea of gaining power this way before it spreads."

"By offering her neck, Vicki tempts other Masters to seek out Werewolf blood to maintain their positions. It is the equivalent of an arms race among our kind, one that cannot end well. Master Alexander has Mantled Alpha blood in his system; he will be a difficult target to take down." He looked at the ground. "Even for you, My Lord."

"Cornelia?"

"Master Corvinus wants your position, and will stop at nothing to get it," she said. "At the first hint that his secret is out, he will kill the pair and hide the evidence. The blood he will hide until he needs it."

"I need more than suspicions and secondhand reports to justify removing him and his Coven," Cyprian said.

"Emily placed a recorder in Alexander's office," I said. "She provided me with recordings. You may not believe me, but perhaps you will believe his own words." I handed over the memory chip; Adrienne had already copied them and listened to them, but I had not. "Anything I should tell them about the recordings Emily gave us?"

"They are in chronological order, and she's edited them well," Adrienne replied.

One of the men put the chip into a tablet and started to play the recordings. My eyes got wide as I listened in; I was shocked that he would be so cavalier about his acts. When the vampire finished playing the recordings, I expected to see Cyprian showing anger or disgust. Indifference was not what I expected. "I see," he said. "What do you expect from me, pup?"

I bristled at the insult but kept my wolf down. "I expect the Vampire Council to do what the Werewolf Council would do if we heard a Pack was holding Vampires captive. I expect you to free the pair and punish those who broke your laws."

He didn't react to that. "And how does this desire of you benefit me?"

I had to spell this out? The Supreme Vampire was centuries old! "I just brought you evidence of wrongdoing, acts that could result in a species war reigniting, and you're worried about what YOU get out of the deal?"

"Exactly," he said. Instead of continuing, he got up and looked out the window overlooking the gardens. "You brought me proof that Master Corvinus violated our law and is hiding it from the Council. Your problem is with HIM, not with me. I shouldn't get in the middle of a lover's quarrel."

My anger was building as I stood. "That Master is going to use his blood bank to strengthen himself. He is coming for YOU, Master Pontalba! My warning should be enough for you to act, even if YOUR SELF-INTEREST IS NOT!" I wanted to wrap him up and choke some sense into him.

He just stared at me, unemotional, his eyebrow going up as my anger burned out. I was deflated and embarrassed when I realized what he had done. Cyprian had goaded me like a child, and I had proven my immaturity and lack of self-control. I sat down again, using my breathing exercises to calm myself.

He laughed at me. "You're glorious in your passion, young Vicki. It is no wonder Alexander desires to add you to his collection of beautiful things."

The thought of Alexander controlling me made me shiver. "I'm glad I can provide you with some amusement," I said snippily.

"You could persuade even me to take a walk on the wild side, even though I find your species to be crude and overly emotional. Still, I bet you'll be a hellcat in the sack once someone manages to pry those thighs apart."

I wanted to smack the shit out of him, but that would just prove his point. "I prefer my lovers to have a pulse and a soul," I said as I stood again. "I see I am wasting my time. Thank you for listening to me. Now, if you'll excuse me, I have important business with people who can get off their asses and do something." I turned around and began to walk towards the door.

"Wait," he said as I reached for the handle. I stopped but didn't turn back. "I never said I wouldn't help."

I turned around with my hands on my hips. "You refused to act, so why should I continue this conversation any further?"

"Please, sit." Cyprian motioned towards a love seat near the door. I sat, and he took the spot next to me. "Ask your Aunt to come in, please. I know she's been listening via the link."

"All right." I let out a giggle a few seconds later.

"What is so funny," he asked.

"She told me I graduated from the Leo Volkov School of Diplomacy. I told her that school didn't exist, and her reply was 'Exactly.'"

Luna Adrienne picked that moment to walk in and took the seat that Cyprian indicated. "Luna, I asked you to be here so you can confirm what I'm about to tell your niece." He looked over to the others, then back to me. "The Vampire Council is a ruling body, but my authority over individual Covens is quite limited. You brought me evidence, but I cannot arrest or execute another Master on my own."

"What is your process?"

"It would start with me calling for a meeting of the full Council. I would provide the Masters with the equivalent of an indictment, specifying the charges and laying out the evidence against him. The Council would meet here three days later. Master Corvinus would have the opportunity to defend himself, including cross-examining witnesses and introducing exculpatory evidence. Eventually, the Masters would vote. If found guilty, Master Corvinus would face execution."

"Sounds good to me," I said.

"It doesn't work for Traci and Timothy," Adrienne said.

"Exactly," Cyprian said. "Within minutes of me calling for the conference, the pair would be dead and buried. I can't send my vampires onto another Master's territory without their permission. The ONLY exception to this is during a time of open warfare between vampires and another species."

I didn't see how any of this meant him helping us. "So you can bring Master Corvinus to judgment after he's had the time to kill two werewolves and hide the evidence," I said.

"Unless," Adrienne said as she picked up where he was going.

It finally hit me. "Unless the Werewolves start a war."

He smiled and sat back, pleased that I put it together so quickly. "And that attack on Vampire territory has to wait until my people are close enough to intervene and restore order after the prisoner rescue."

"I have already begun to gather warriors from eight Packs to storm the building where the pair is captive," Adrienne said. "It was my backup plan in case you didn't help. They will be assembled by six in the morning, just outside the Boston city limits."

Cyprian nodded approvingly. "A wise plan. My private jet is ready, and we should go now if we are to make Boston by seven."

Ch. 52

Cyprian and his vampires grabbed a few bags before we left his office. "Give her the keys to your rental car, and she will return it," Cordelia said to Adrienne as she passed one of the human familiars.

"Papers are in the glove box," she said as she handed it over.

We walked across to the garage, loading up in his black Cadillac SUV. The gas-guzzling tank was fifteen years old, built before Federal standards took away the size and power from later versions. The bench seats gave us plenty of room to get comfortable. "How are we going to coordinate this," I asked them. "You need to make it look like a war, but not too big of one?"

"That's the idea," Cyprian said. "Your werewolves need to rescue the two wolves. Anyone else at the building is a casualty of war; they will either be vampires or familiars. Alexander would not trust anyone else to hold them."

"You will run into Maximillian for sure, maybe one or two other junior vampires, based on the tapes Emily provided," Cordelia said. "Hit it hard and get out of there, because Alexander and any remaining Coven members can be there in fifteen minutes. The alarm will go out as soon as they scent you, or the first door opens."

It made sense. "How are you going to do this, Luna?"

"I'll make sure the rescue gets done quickly and quietly. We'll be long gone before reinforcements arrive." She had that smile to her that said she had something up her sleeve. "Technology has improved a little since the last war. I'll tell you later."

She was no fun. "What am I supposed to do?"

"You are the distraction," Cyprian said. "You need to meet with him in the morning at his office to ensure he is AT his office when we attack. If he is in the building with the captives, your attack might fail." I could see that; having two or more powerful Vampires on Mantled blood would be a disaster, no matter how many wolves we throw at them. I spent the rest of the short drive thinking of what I would say, and then I stepped behind the hangar when we reached the airfield and made the call.

"Vicki, this is a surprise," Alexander said as he answered.

"I need your help," I said. "My Alpha and my parents can't figure out who is behind the attacks, and I can't live like this anymore!" I started crying as he calmed me down. "You have contacts that my family doesn't. I need the hitman stopped, and the person behind it dead."

"My help comes with a price," he said.

"I understand that. I'm getting on a redeye to Boston right now, on my way to Woods Hole to film some additional segments for the shark documentary. I can stop by your office at eight in the morning if you can see me. We can discuss your price then," I said.

"Eight will be fine. I look forward to seeing you, Vicki. I've missed you."

"I missed you, too. Goodnight, Alexander." I hung up and walked back to the others as they finished loading into the Learjet. "Eight o'clock at his office," I told them as I sat down.

"Good," Cyprian responded. "Now, take this, and I'll explain what you need to do when you meet." He handed me a small bundle inside a Ziplock bag. I looked at it for a second before realizing what it was. "Open the bag and let it drop in there, that will keep any scents but yours from attaching." I did so, zipping up my purse after it was in the bottom of the bag.

It took almost an hour to finish the planning, and I slept for the rest of the flight.

Cyprian had an Uber waiting for me when we arrived, while Pack vehicles picked up everyone else. Adrienne and the vampires rode in the same car, with the wolves giving them a wide berth. The airport had a locker room with a shower, and I scrubbed the scent of vampire off my skin and hair before putting on clean clothes and tossing the old ones. They were gone when I came back out, so my ride took me downtown.

I arrived early enough to stop at a café for breakfast. I was thankful no one recognized me sleep-deprived, bruised, and starving. I had two breakfast croissants with egg, cheese, and sausage, plus a large orange juice. I wanted to get my fluids up for later.

I walked into his office building just before eight and took the elevator to his floor. Emily met me at the elevator. "Welcome back, Vicki. Master Alexander will see you now," she said without emotion. She walked me to the door and opened it, remaining outside as she closed it.

"Vicki," Alexander said as he came around his desk. "Sit, please."

I did, and I thought about James nearly dying until I let out a sniffle. Alexander had a handkerchief out in an instant, and I used it to dry the tears from my eyes. "I know one thing you want from me, and I'll give it, but not the same way. You weren't honest with me about the effects of drinking from my neck, were you?"

He at least pretended to look contrite. "No, but I didn't want to scare you off. I'm sure they told you the effects would wear off in time."

"They did, but now you'll only get the bottled version." I opened my purse and retrieved the kit. I used a disposable alcohol pad to prep my left arm, then removed the needle cap and inserted it into a vein. The blood bag I left on the floor, the tube turning red as it started to fill the bag.

His mood changed when he smelled the blood, and he forced himself to go back behind the desk. I smiled as I saw the effect it had on him. "Finding the people after you will not be easy," he said. "I will have to devote time and money to the search, and I will need to call in favors. None of this is cheap."

"I have money," I said.

He waved his hand. "I will make more money off investments during this conversation than you are worth, Vicki. Money does not interest me. The things I am looking for are worth more than money."

"My blood?"

He nodded. "Among other things. I will require much more than that bag, Vicki."

"I will give you one like this every six weeks for a year," I said. "I can't give blood more often than that."

"Two years," he said. I gulped and nodded my assent. "I don't want it delivered by FedEx, either. I will send my jet for you, and we will enjoy dinner and drinks together while you make your payment. I wish to enjoy your company as well as your blood, Vicki."

"IF you find them and eliminate them," I said. "I can't believe I'm doing this. My Mom is going to be furious with me."

"I'm not going to hurt you, Vicki. I like you, and I want to see what you become. The world is a better place with you in it." He smiled at me as I looked down. The bag was nearly full. "Oh, one last thing," he said.

"What?" Did he want my firstborn child?

"I would like you to sign this for me," he said. He reached behind a bureau and pulled out a framed copy of the poster showing me on my hands and knees after saving the boy.

"Of course," I said. I took a Sharpie out of my purse before he set the frame in my lap. My dear Alexander, thank you for everything. Your Sharkbabe, Vicki." I put the pen away and handed him back the poster. "I think it's full now," I said as I lifted the blood bag. I used the clamp in the kit to close the tube, then pulled the needle out and held a pad over it.

"Let me," Alexander said. He moved the pad aside and gently kissed the needle site. His saliva instantly healed it. "Exquisite," he said as he licked the blood off his lips.

I wrapped the bag up and handed it to him. "I need to meet my driver and head down to the Cape," I said. "Thank you, Alexander. I hope you call me with news soon." I sent a text saying I was ready to leave but wasn't to my driver. Instead, the message told the new Killington Pack Alpha that it was time for the assault to begin.

"I will put all my resources on this," Alexander said. "Have a good trip." I walked out just as his phone rang.

Emily greeted me at the reception area. "How did it go?"

"We'll find out shortly."

Her phone started to buzz; looking at it, she frowned. "It's an emergency message to meet in the parking garage," she said.

"What's going on," the receptionist asked as she grabbed her purse.

"I don't know." I heard a scream from inside the office, and the sound of furniture breaking. Emily rushed inside the office, freezing when she saw what was happening.

I was right behind her.

Alexander was on the floor, the blood bag I had just given him in his hand. Some of my blood covered his face and lips, but it was bubbling violently like an acidic reaction and blistering his skin. He screamed as he tried to wipe it off to no avail, the flesh coming with it. He started coughing violently, sending blackened chunks of flesh flying out of his mouth.

The receptionist fainted as she looked at her dying master.

"Help.... Me...."

Emily looked at me, her eyebrow rising before she nodded respectfully to me. Walking over to the wall, she took down a katana and drew the blade. "It's your kill if you want it," she said.

I did.

Alexander tried to raise his hand, but the sanguinarine in my blood was eating his body from the inside. The deadly toxin is derived from the bloodroot plant and was already inside the bag when I added my blood to it. "This ends with you," I said.

He closed his eyes before the razor-sharp blade separated his head from his body.

I cleaned the blade on his five-thousand-dollar suit coat, then held it out to Emily. "No, it's yours now," she said. "It's priceless, forged by Japanese Master Masamune around 1300. Consider it a down payment on your share of the antiques in this office."

My phone dinged. "Retrieved"

I looked around, not wanting to stay. "I'll trust you to divide these things equitably and ship my portion to me in Coronado, Master Emily," I said. "My people have retrieved the captive werewolves, and we will all leave your territory now."

"That would be best. I'd hate to have war break out."

I barely kept the laugh in. "Thank you for your trust in me, Emily. I won't forget it."

"You played your part perfectly," she said. "I cannot be blamed for the actions of a werewolf, after all. It was foolish of the Master to have you in his office alone. With Alexander and Maximillian dead, I must step up and lead."

"Goodbye, Master Emily." I walked out of the room, leaving her with the body. I saw a light blanket over the back of an antique chair in the reception area; I wrapped the Japanese sword in it. I didn't need to attract the attention of the police or the Uber driver.

Twenty minutes later, I was out of vampire territory. My face broke into a wide smile.

I'd done it.

Ch. 53

I got out of the Uber in the parking lot of the airport. Luna Adrienne, Alpha Leo, and my parents were all there waiting for me. I almost forgot the sword in my excitement to get to them; I quickly thanked the driver, then grabbed my wrapped bundle, and stepped out. I was engulfed in hugs, eventually able to breathe and move again.

I saw Supreme Vampire Cyprian Pontalba standing well apart from the werewolves milling about the parking lot. He stood with a small group of vampires, some from his Coven, some not. "We heard Master Alexander is dead," Adrienne said.

"He is," I said. "I removed his head with this sword. Emily is now in charge of the Boston Coven."

Master Cyprian must have heard that because he turned towards me. He walked towards our group, accompanied by another Vampire wearing an expensive suit. They stopped a few feet away from me, as my family formed a semi-circle behind me. "You killed Master Corvinus?"

"I did," I said.

"How," the well-dressed man asked.

"My apologies, Heir Lawrence. This man is my colleague, Master Vampire Vincenzo Milan, the New York City Coven leader."

partwolf
partwolf
2,312 Followers